Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 18-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #21
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorador View Post
steevo wrote:

well that's depends on the person and culture. Indian and Italian people love gold and jewelry so it's certainly important for those people and they do use it in their everyday lives and to many of them they "need" to.
I doubt they "need" to.
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #22
vorador

maybe for you, but speaking for myself i appreciate gold and wouldn't pass up an opportunity to legitimately acquire some.
vorador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #23
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorador View Post
maybe for you, but speaking for myself i appreciate gold and wouldn't pass up an opportunity to legitimately acquire some.
Yeah but that doesnt really answer the question. WHY gold ? Is it cos it's lovely and shiny and is one of the least chemically reactive metals ? But how does that make it valuble if you dont use it for anything ? I personally would prefer a happy life than own a piece of metal.

We ALL need gold/money RIGHT NOW because that is the way the system is geared up. Gold is money and can buy certain "freedoms".
Old 19-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #24
368jrn

Smile

Or has it got something todo with its monoatomic properties?

http://www.halexandria.org/dward479.htm

if you make it desirable and therefore expensive to the common man, you can keep it out of their possession , should it be rediscovered that it is key to increased awareness and spirituality?
368jrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #25
numbersix
Inactive

Default Gold isd pretty rare

At the end of the day does anyone know why gold is favoured in times of economic trouble? You cant eat it, you cant drink it and it wont keep you warm.

One reason is its a very rare natural product. It has been calculated that all the gold in the whole world would not fill three double decker buses.
Compare that with sand, stones, rocks, oil or any other item you can think of.

The rarity of the product gives it a value which is why it is wedding rings are nearly always made of it.

Also it does not tarnish, rust or degrade, is good for jewellery, coinage, false teeth etc. It does also have some lesser applications in some industrial chemical processes as a catalyst and as an excellent conductor of electricity.
Whilst I personally wouldnt be interested (and couldnt afford it anyway) in hoarding gold I can see why some people do due to the scarcity of the stuff.
numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #26
steevo
Inactive

I am not sure if it's true, but gold and silver are said to be the only legal tender in the US Constitutions. I'm sure someone will confirm that either way

But with the US Constitutions being apparantly re-written by TPTB , then buying gold right now may NOT be the wise thing to do except for the purpose of making a quick buck on the stock markets. The price for an ounce of gold is now over $1000 per ounce. The price of stocks and commodities are manipulated by "the powers that be" in order for THEM to make money (and take control of business') and also to create a certain "climate" (usually fear). Also, as with Enron (and most of the big corporations), the figures are simply faked.
Old 17-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #27
saab1981

Didn't the annunaki come to planet earth originally for gold to replenish the atmosphere on Nibiru? If we are indeed descended from the annunaki, then maybe it's just in our genes to value gold so highly.
Old 18-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #28
asentinel

Default I have been watching reports of this price hike of

gold, and they are reporting that people are selling anything they can get their hands on, old family trinkets eg. to cash in on the high value of the metal. However, I feel Illuminati are doing this to gather in all available stocks of gold, and people are so desperate to get hands on paper money, they are not thinking they will not be able to afford to buy any of the commodity soon. It will all be in the hands of???

Now would this not be a good way of getting all the gold and then if paper money loses its value, who will have all the wealth? Is that too conspiratorial??
"~~*Star Child*~~child of the stars ~knowledge and creativity ~contained in all ~the universe ~is yours ~for the asking ~be reminded ~of your connection ~because it is continuous ~it is only you ~who choose confusion ~from time to time ~forgetting ~your heritage! ~love..."
asentinel is offline   Reply With Quote