Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Finance

Old 20-12-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
motleyhoo

Default 2010 Food Crisis --> Financial Armageddon

Quote:
If you read any economic, financial, or political analysis for 2010 that doesn’t mention the food shortage looming next year, throw it in the trash, as it is worthless. There is overwhelming, undeniable evidence that the world will run out of food next year. When this happens, the resulting triple digit food inflation will lead panicking central banks around the world to dump their foreign reserves to appreciate their currencies and lower the cost of food imports, causing the collapse of the dollar, the treasury market, derivative markets, and the global financial system. The US will experience economic disintegration.
http://www.marketskeptics.com/2009/1...r-dummies.html

Invariably, this article will lead to posts about the PTB creating these shortages and famines and rigging the commodities markets. Ok, we all already know this. Instead of beating that dead horse into more glue, I'd suggest discussing how we are going to plan for and survive this.

All of you people who hold gold and silver, please sell everything you have right now, because I want to buy on a dip.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 05:06 AM   #2
kappy0405

I can't say I'm really fully prepared.. other than I'm dead set on taking off to hike the Appalachian wilderness once SHTF. I've got my backpack supplies, tent, etc. all ready to go!!
kappy0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 05:47 AM   #3
trix

Just posted the same thread.

I've seen it coming and got myself out of the city a few months ago. We now have chickens and a large stock pile of seeds and canning equipment.

This is a very real concern. People will not take heed until it is too late. By the time it hits, you're fucked.
trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
motleyhoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trix View Post
Just posted the same thread.

I've seen it coming and got myself out of the city a few months ago. We now have chickens and a large stock pile of seeds and canning equipment.

This is a very real concern. People will not take heed until it is too late. By the time it hits, you're fucked.
I have felt this coming for nearly 2 years now, but I am stuck where I am at. We bought our house before the housing bubble, but because of the bubble we could not sell it even if we tried. We really want to buy 3-4 acres of farmland because I already had a plans to change careers into organic farming back when I saw this coming, but we can't find the right land, and we can't sell the house we have now. There are 6 houses for sale all within 1/2 mile of me, and most of them have been on the market for over year.

We have been learning to grow our own food though, and I have quite a library started on organic farming and country living.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote