Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 17-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #21
th3_0r4cl3

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmerlin View Post
Who here has a 'doomsday' survival kit, or is thinking of getting one before December 2012 arrives? It's something I have put off and obviously might not even need (ever).

But like many, I have tried to 'not be a sheep' for the past decade and naturally that includes being 'open-minded' about 21 December 2012, and other possible scenarios such as serious solar storms. If something did happen on December 2012 which brought down power, food, etc, then
I would feel like a complete fool, saying 'told you so' and then having not prepared for it.

It's not that I think something WILL happen, it's just that it might....whether it's December or beyond.

So, who here has one and who here is going to get one.... if so, what will it/does it contain?

All the best.
lol

Money is a choice, famine is a choice, poverty is a choice. war is a choice.

I am pure energy, I am not me, me is a meat sack, cut off a part of me I am not less ask an amputee
th3_0r4cl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #22
blaze9

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcyclus View Post

IMO, one of the most important and least mentioned thing is your identification- your Social Security card, Birth certificate, DL, and any thing else that could identify you as being who you say you are.
The perfect kit to follow the herd..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnp4kj5lLOU

To the cave right? lol

A single ID card in your billfold should be enough if you believe that the system will go back up, even though it won't.
blaze9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #23
arcyclus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze9 View Post
The perfect kit to follow the herd..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnp4kj5lLOU

To the cave right? lol

A single ID card in your billfold should be enough if you believe that the system will go back up, even though it won't.
WTF?

Talk about, following the herd!

Why don't you just leave yours? The government will provide all that you need.

Last edited by arcyclus; 17-11-2012 at 05:04 PM.
arcyclus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #24
zaftig

My motivation for preparing has been more due to concerns about disruptive weather events and political instability rather than the Mayan 2012 ruckus. We went a week without power in September (endured multipl storms as powerful as Sandy, but didn't make the national/global news), and that was ideal situation to dash my fantasy view that I really was prepared. At this point, I guess it doesn't matter WHY we get ready, as long as we do it?

I'm investing more in making sure I have the tools to survive, rather than focusing exclusively on outright stockpiling. Ceramic water filtration (should last quite a long time), extra tackle for the fishing poles, extra reloading equipment for the guns, an extra ax for firewood (I broke one once and will never again see them as the hardiest of tools). I've also expanded my library to include books and guides for foraging- some wild edible plants in my region look very similar, but misidentification can mean the difference between health and a nasty poisoning. I've learned how to make life-giving medications, and always have a 3-month supply of my one vital prescription to give me time to procure the ingredients for homemade medication if it really does hit the fan.

Ironically, my pitfall with emergency preparedness comes from being adept at coordinating logistics. I get too caught up in practicality and function, become too transfixed with the rawest sense of survival. At least I recognize this, though, and have been indulging in bulking up my collection of reading material, art supplies, musical instruments, board games, and other such items that provide a sense of normalcy and beauty in the event that life is upended.

That being said, I admit to loading up on bags of rice and beans, as well as a few boxes of calorie-rich canned food. An entire closet is devoted to bags and bags of pet food (and I've also learned how to make pet food that satisfies the critters' unique nutrition requirements). Although I can comfortably live without electricity, I do have a small stash of fuel and extra parts for the generator to make the transition more pleasant.

I once spent an entire summer in the Arctic without a roof over my head, and have no doubt I could do it again. It's the winters that cause me a bit of concern, but my confidence in successfully coping with harsh winter conditions has been steadily increasing. All in all, I'm grateful to feel comfortable in my ability to be self-sufficient in pretty much any event.
zaftig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 02:57 AM   #25
arcyclus

As I alluded to in post #15, A raging forest fire struck our area. The street next to mine had to evucate. We were next in line. Those who did evucate were allowed only to carry something as small as a medium suit case.

Pretty scary!
Old 18-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #26
tom bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhaull View Post
Cool Thread guys, figured I'd add this link

http://www.springwise.com/eco_sustai...small-devices/

this looks cool.
The survival podcast (has done a review on the unit recently) that might help some folk decide.

Nelly
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #27
tom bombadil

Quote:
Quick!

Your area has a mandatory evacuation notice. You have only a few min. to get inside the evacuation vehicle waiting outside, You are only allowed to carry medium suitcase with you, What should that suitcase contain?
Please explain mandatory?

Is it truly obligatory?

Or are you saying that in this instance you agree that getting out of dodge is a good idea?

Edit...just read what's above this post. I do that too much.

Last edited by tom bombadil; 18-11-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 18-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #28
tom bombadil

Quote:

IMO, one of the most important and least mentioned thing is your identification- your Social Security card, Birth certificate, DL, and any thing else that could identify you as being who you say you are.
I am responding as I read through the posts!

I think you are right. This is why I would have these things pre-installed on a SD type card.

I would include the card in my BOB, but also on my every-day-carry.

That leaves us to think of those things that we all know we need on a quick dash from the home.

The BOB is worth a thought.
Old 18-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #29
tom bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl_4nik8r View Post
What if I want to be someone else? Or you don't want to be known.
But it would still be important to let others know at a later date that you own the deeds to your land. And that means that you might still have to carry some 'proper' I'd or have it pre-stashed at another location so that you can travel incognito at any time.
Old 18-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #30
tom bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaftig View Post
My motivation for preparing has been more due to concerns about disruptive weather events and political instability rather than the Mayan 2012 ruckus. We went a week without power in September (endured multipl storms as powerful as Sandy, but didn't make the national/global news), and that was ideal situation to dash my fantasy view that I really was prepared. At this point, I guess it doesn't matter WHY we get ready, as long as we do it?

I'm investing more in making sure I have the tools to survive, rather than focusing exclusively on outright stockpiling. Ceramic water filtration (should last quite a long time), extra tackle for the fishing poles, extra reloading equipment for the guns, an extra ax for firewood (I broke one once and will never again see them as the hardiest of tools). I've also expanded my library to include books and guides for foraging- some wild edible plants in my region look very similar, but misidentification can mean the difference between health and a nasty poisoning. I've learned how to make life-giving medications, and always have a 3-month supply of my one vital prescription to give me time to procure the ingredients for homemade medication if it really does hit the fan.

Ironically, my pitfall with emergency preparedness comes from being adept at coordinating logistics. I get too caught up in practicality and function, become too transfixed with the rawest sense of survival. At least I recognize this, though, and have been indulging in bulking up my collection of reading material, art supplies, musical instruments, board games, and other such items that provide a sense of normalcy and beauty in the event that life is upended.

That being said, I admit to loading up on bags of rice and beans, as well as a few boxes of calorie-rich canned food. An entire closet is devoted to bags and bags of pet food (and I've also learned how to make pet food that satisfies the critters' unique nutrition requirements). Although I can comfortably live without electricity, I do have a small stash of fuel and extra parts for the generator to make the transition more pleasant.

I once spent an entire summer in the Arctic without a roof over my head, and have no doubt I could do it again. It's the winters that cause me a bit of concern, but my confidence in successfully coping with harsh winter conditions has been steadily increasing. All in all, I'm grateful to feel comfortable in my ability to be self-sufficient in pretty much any event.
I only disagree with you need for more than one ax, and that's having more than one axe. That cos I am from the UK
Old 18-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #31
tom bombadil

Ooh. Look. Me, six times in a row
Old 18-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #32
blaze9

Quote:
WTF?

Talk about, following the herd!

Why don't you just leave yours? The government will provide all that you need.
I hope this is a joke.
blaze9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #33
arcyclus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post
Please explain mandatory?

Is it truly obligatory?

Or are you saying that in this instance you agree that getting out of dodge is a good idea?

Edit...just read what's above this post. I do that too much.
This was what the police were telling the the people in there homes when they knocked on their doors, The evacuation is mandatory!
Old 18-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #34
progenitor04

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmerlin View Post
Who here has a 'doomsday' survival kit, or is thinking of getting one before December 2012 arrives? It's something I have put off and obviously might not even need (ever).

But like many, I have tried to 'not be a sheep' for the past decade and naturally that includes being 'open-minded' about 21 December 2012, and other possible scenarios such as serious solar storms. If something did happen on December 2012 which brought down power, food, etc, then
I would feel like a complete fool, saying 'told you so' and then having not prepared for it.

It's not that I think something WILL happen, it's just that it might....whether it's December or beyond.

So, who here has one and who here is going to get one.... if so, what will it/does it contain?

All the best.
this is wat i got, machette, nice bbgun a hiking bag a few otha lil things, basics and a plan
progenitor04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #35
tom bombadil

Quote:
This was what the police were telling the the people in there homes when they knocked on their doors, The evacuation is mandatory!
Thats cool, just checking the scenario.

Well, on an aside. To me there are two types of Mandatory.

One is where one listens to the cops and does as they say, and the other is a self proclaimed type where you look at the family and tell 'em to get out of Dodge.

The second is where I would stand; I listen and look for outside influence and judge it that bugging out is the best thing. Staying in is not an option. The fact that the cop might prompt it would just help me leave sooner maybe?

But the first type, the one where the cop says 'get out, thats an order', to me smacks of trusting that the gov. has your best intrests at heart. I might feel different if I knew the cop and they were telling me what they thought WAS the best thing to do. But I would simply ignore the order to get out if it clashed with my ideal circumstance to leave.

Are you fined over there for 'dissobeying' an order? Will they pull a gun on you's?

I'm not trying to be flippant, just trying to understand