Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Conspiracy/Truth Researchers > General - The Researchers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
marcusejc
Senior Member
 
marcusejc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 654
Likes: 30 (15 Posts)
Default I Really Dislike Alex Jones's Debating Style

I was going to title this post simply "I hate Alex Jones", but I decided against it for 2 reasons:
  1. Hate is a very strong word
  2. I don't know him on a personal level

But I really dislike the way he shouts when someone disagrees with him. In my mind, the rule of debating is that as soon as you shout or use violence, you instantly lose. Because the only time when someone gets violent (either physically OR verbally) is when they feel under threat in some way. And if a person feels under threat in a debate, it must mean they feel like they are losing. Therefore it makes that person look bad, because they can't allow their point of view to stand up on its own strength.

If a person has strong points in a debate, they should be able to get those points across is a calm and reasoned manner. Their logic should stand up on its own. Why? Because if we don't approach debates in that calm and logical way, it just descends into a fight where whoever shouts loudest wins or who whoever punches hardest wins, or in the case of warring countries, whoever has the biggest weapons wins. Whereas: letting the other person have their full say, and THEN refuting it with logic and reason, that is gives you the best chance of convincing others that your point of view is the most sensible one.

So, Alex, you shout, you lose. At that instant, all your points are null and void, even if they potentially could have made sense had you voiced them in a reasonable way.

My guess is, he grew up in a household where his parents shouted at each other a lot, and whenever there was a fight like that, whoever shouted the loudest won the fight. But this is merely speculation.
Likes: (1)
marcusejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #2
grey area
Senior Member
 
grey area's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 555
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Alex Jones' primary function is to make alternative media a laughing stock. He is simply the largest turd in a punchbowl already loaded with floaters.
Likes: (1)
grey area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #3
i_am
Senior Member
 
i_am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 37,018
Likes: 1,300 (633 Posts)
Default

Didn't take long did it?

Please read the forum Rules and Etiquette. We do not diss other researchers.
Likes: (1)
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
twilight_sparkle
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Isle of Wight
Posts: 4,885
Likes: 26 (19 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey area View Post
Alex Jones' primary function is to make alternative media a laughing stock. He is simply the largest turd in a punchbowl already loaded with floaters.
And he is Bill Hicks.
Likes: (1)
twilight_sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
3point5
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bucks, UK
Posts: 2,345
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
Didn't take long did it?

Please read the forum Rules and Etiquette. We do not diss other researchers.
I believe you've got a lot of cleaning up to do of the Charlie Veitch threads then!
3point5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
grandmasterp
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The SkegVegas Coast
Posts: 31,797
Likes: 2,579 (1,692 Posts)
Default

Shouting isn't debating.
Despite shouting seemingly considered to be such on some US media.

Last edited by grandmasterp; 22-10-2013 at 11:51 AM.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 01:16 AM   #7
2circles
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 380
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Alex Jones is a remarkable individual. A true hero, and i use this term not being a fan of pathos. And his morality is outstanding. I know of no other character that is as morally refined as Alex is. At least intellectually, but also from what i was able to publicly observe. He treats everyone with respect as far as it goes. Never belittling others.

His "debating style" seems repulsive to people who are in a domesticated/pacified/lobotomized hypnotic trance state. It's like yelling at someone who's falling asleep/waking up.

And that's why he does it. What is exactly what needs to be done.

And of course because he's outerworldy knowledgeable and slowed down by ...well almost everyone else. Brimming over with facts. What leads to him interrupting people. But time is life in these times as he perceives it, so he has the moral justification for this ..somewhat impolite behaviour. And he's the host of a national radioshow with 3million listeners a day, you can't have an easy going chat with such a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight_sparkle View Post
And he is Bill Hicks.
IF he was, would that make him anything else but twice as good? Besides not being honest about his identity. Bill Hicks was a very successful activist for good.
2circles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #8
marcusejc
Senior Member
 
marcusejc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 654
Likes: 30 (15 Posts)
Default

Nonsense. You can still get your ideas across in a civilised manner. He does not need to shout so much, because he does so in situations where he is not being shouted at, so there is no need for it. This does not show that he has better ideas than the other person. It shows the opposite actually, or it shows that he has not learned manners. A person is not right just because they shout the loudest and most aggressively.

I am not saying he doesn't have many good ideas and access to a lot of great information. I'm sure he does. What I am saying is that if his ideas are so good, they should get him through without resorting to such behaviour, because if you explain good ideas sufficiently well then a lot of intelligent people will understand them. It's the same with teaching. It is common wisdom that if a school teacher needs to resort to shouting at his students then he/she has failed. Likewise, if you have to resort to shouting during an argument, you have failed. Your ideas and reasoning are not strong enough to win on their own merit.

So he lets himself down with this behaviour.

He has lots of listeners. There may be many reasons for that. Many of them may like the controversial topics. Many may like his confrontational style. That doesn't mean his style is the best way to get your point across.

Lots of people enjoy watching boxing. That doesn't mean punching someone in the face is a good way to behave. People also enjoy watching horror films. That's also not proof it's a good way to behave. Things get popular because they are entertaining, not because they are good examples of how to conduct yourself.

All kinds of rubbish things are popular. As a rule, people are easily entertained by the most awful things. How else do you explain Justin Beiber?

Now, if instead of explaining all this rationally as I have done here, I was to come round your house and scream it really loudly in your face, not letting you get a word in edgeways, would that make my point any more valid?

Last edited by marcusejc; 26-02-2014 at 07:22 PM.
marcusejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #9
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: under the raven banner
Posts: 25,372
Likes: 13,126 (7,533 Posts)
Default

Just because someone shouts it doesn't mean their points are null and void...thats ridiculous

Truth has nothing to do with volume

We all have our faults but at least alex is out there trying to whip up some life from people before they are all plugged into the matrix (again...a dream within a dream!)

if people gave an ounce of the energy they expend criticisng people in the alternative media towards criticising the mainstream media we might actually get somewhere

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 26-02-2014 at 09:17 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #10
daveownz
Senior Member
 
daveownz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 127
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

I hate Alex Jones's debating style!!!!
__________________
“Watching television is like taking black spray paint to your third eye.”
Bill Hicks
daveownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
binxie
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 80
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

I'm seriously undecided on him. I owe him a lot of my awakening experience, however I also realise he drums a lot up over nothing to sell his DVD's and plug 'Tangy Tangerine'.

He's just out to make money off the really gullible and inform a few people as he goes, IMHO.
binxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #12
theveraciousone
Senior Member
 
theveraciousone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: great white north
Posts: 216
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by binxie View Post
I'm seriously undecided on him. I owe him a lot of my awakening experience, however I also realise he drums a lot up over nothing to sell his DVD's and plug 'Tangy Tangerine'.

He's just out to make money off the really gullible and inform a few people as he goes, IMHO.


I agree with this...

ive been a fan of jones since 2002, and listened straight for about 7-8 years...

he gives info, important info.

but now id agree with you in saying , he has found a good days wage fear mongering ,speaking of it daily and offering his solutions....
products....

now im not saying what he is selling is not good, in fact all of his products are top notch, and he means well...... although he say selling this stuff supports his operation. but in all honesty... he was up and running before all this "product selling" which im sure has become profitable...

now nobody knows when the next false flag will happen again...but Alex has found his style in getting most people on edge daily....which might make more money....?

as an old friend told me....
98% truth ans 2% bullshit........ all of them.

its up to us to weeds out the bullshit.
theveraciousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #13
dystopian_future
Senior Member
 
dystopian_future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,436
Likes: 6 (4 Posts)
Default

I think it's a US v British culture thing. Preachers are big in the US and I think he's got a bit of that in him. Like preachers he tries to appeal to the emotions rather than just the intellect. I much prefer a less-shouty, even-toned presenter who addresses matters rationally.
__________________
- Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men. ~ Lord Acton.
dystopian_future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #14
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: under the raven banner
Posts: 25,372
Likes: 13,126 (7,533 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theveraciousone View Post
[/B]

I agree with this...

ive been a fan of jones since 2002, and listened straight for about 7-8 years...

he gives info, important info.

but now id agree with you in saying , he has found a good days wage fear mongering ,speaking of it daily and offering his solutions....
products....

now im not saying what he is selling is not good, in fact all of his products are top notch, and he means well...... although he say selling this stuff supports his operation. but in all honesty... he was up and running before all this "product selling" which im sure has become profitable...

now nobody knows when the next false flag will happen again...but Alex has found his style in getting most people on edge daily....which might make more money....?

as an old friend told me....
98% truth ans 2% bullshit........ all of them.

its up to us to weeds out the bullshit.
perhaps you should stick to reading the mainstream corporate media if it bothers you so much?
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #15
kappy0405
Senior Member
 
kappy0405's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicagoland, Illinois
Posts: 8,256
Likes: 646 (387 Posts)
Default

I don't think I have ever seen Alex try to debate. Shouting down your opponent is not "debating" at all.
__________________
The "truth movement" is a psy-op to stage the Apocalypse:
Manufactured Problem: the Liberal/Islamic "Anti-Christ" NWO - Multiculturalism & Internationalism
Fake Solution: the Theocratic "Christian Patriot" NWO - Nationalism & Imperialism

=Thesis & Anti-Thesis: Don't pick a side!! Don't fall for it!!
kappy0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #16
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: under the raven banner
Posts: 25,372
Likes: 13,126 (7,533 Posts)
Default

I was just watching an interview with jones and ike

Ike was talking very eloquently and clearly and putting across lots of good concentrated info and alex kept interrupting and talking about porta-potties and other such random crap

But at least alex is talking about stuff the mainstream corporate media won't touch and he's reaching a lot of people too

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 27-02-2014 at 07:59 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #17
theveraciousone
Senior Member
 
theveraciousone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: great white north
Posts: 216
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
perhaps you should stick to reading the mainstream corporate media if it bothers you so much?
lol dude i was awake well before you were watching transformers movies. and talking about lady dada....lol


msm .....lol
theveraciousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #18
iamawaveofthesea
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: under the raven banner
Posts: 25,372
Likes: 13,126 (7,533 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theveraciousone View Post
lol dude i was awake well before you were watching transformers movies. and talking about lady dada....lol


msm .....lol

Lady who?

have fun with CNN
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #19
sammy14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 9
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Alex Jones loves hearing the sound of his own voice and isn't really interested in debating, he just wants you to listen. I am not a fan of Alex Jones but some of his stuff is interesting enough to watch.

Last edited by sammy14; 28-02-2014 at 02:30 PM.
sammy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #20
rebeccapark
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 507
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Here is William Cooper exposing Alex Jones over Y2K fear mongering
http://youtu.be/7r8rFNDh9WQ

And the following is a story on William Cooper who was killed by police

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...ooper_said.htm
rebeccapark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:08 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.