Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Earth Changes / Global Warming / Chemtrails / Weather Warfare

Old 15-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #1221
curtaincat
Banned

I am not sure where to put this, but i was listening in the background to msm radio talk-back... some guy called Jack chatted for a while to the dj, but when he actually mentioned "Climate-gate" , ( the dj must have forgotten his 7 second button), the dj said "we will come back to you after the break".. but he never did.

First time I ever heard "Climate-gate" on the f'ing radio... and the caller got banned or chucked off. I bet they won't let him ring up again. There was no point in me calling because 1. I would have been banned too, not that i ever rang them b4, and 2. They are getting alert again about the 7 second warning ban.
If the dj had let him talk, he would lose his job... and he probably does not even know why a little red light would come up on his computer saying STOP THIS CALLER..

Well, at least I heard it, and hopefully others heard him actually say those words. .. and question...

So, goodonya Jack... people heard you .
curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #1222
amaralsright
Banned

Price Charles is there now.

Thank goodness.

Some sense at last.
amaralsright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #1223
decim

Man-on-Earth documentary. Monday 14 December 2009 9PM Channel 4

How humans adapted to the end of the last ice age.

Tony Robinson traces how global warming at the end of the last Ice Age was the catalyst for the dawn of civilisation, but also unleashed devastation.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/man-on-earth
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.

Last edited by decim; 15-12-2009 at 03:50 PM.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #1224
the tealady
Forum Advisor

In a desperate attempt to breathe life into this monster, the Australian Climate Change Minister has offered more money (off the backs of the Australian workers) to the poor nations - where the hell does she think it will come from and are these leaders really so naive to believe the lies told by these people?
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #1225
lizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
You know, this James Delingpole chap does come up with some good stuff.
yes, it has amazed me in recent months that the Telegraph prints some truth......is it b/c the real agenda of genocide is obscured by the climate hoax?
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/au...mesdelingpole/
http://jamesdelingpole.com/

Last edited by lizzy; 16-12-2009 at 01:53 AM.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #1226
lizzy

http://www.popoffsets.com/

an OPT website.......POP OFF's..., how many billion will surfice?
Old 16-12-2009, 05:05 AM   #1227
aronia

Exclamation A former Jesuit, now save the world

Ottmar Edenhofer is preparing the climate summit in Copenhagen

Climatic expert Ottmar Edenhofer

A former Jesuit saves now the world

18. November 2009 Marx. Ottmar Edenhofer anyway had no real desire on the school, then handed him his teacher, even a paper on Marx on the eye. So he obediently went to the bookstore and ordered his hometown Gangkofen queasy feeling in the stomach with the three volumes of the German economists. "The librarian looked at me as if I was about to commit a murder." Now take in school even by Marx, and here in Bavaria - that beats everything!

For Ottmar Edenhofer started by many things. He read and read and did not understand anything of what Marx had written there. But an idea excited him, which, as Marx thought, the development of mankind as a constantly be dissolved very real conflict between existing conditions and ever-changing inventions that just make this situation into question, an ongoing change control difficult to predict, to have equal not at all: an evolution - and the economy in the manmade world!

His life is an evolution

Edenhofer fascination for one, because if it had the nature-loving schoolboy right then done one, then that Charles Darwin was that his' Origin of Species "was published 1859 - eight years before the first part of Marx's" Capital "was published. Edenhofer fascination for one, because if it had the nature-loving schoolboy right then done one, then that Charles Darwin was that his' Origin of Species "was published 1859 - eight years before the first part of Marx's" Capital "was published. The principle of mutation and selection was Edenhofer hochspannend. The principle of mutation and selection took Edenhofer hochspannend. Perhaps, too (which he could not know at the time) because, in retrospect, viewed his own life has also been an evolution, during which he sometimes his conditions and his circumstances have again changed him. Maybe (he could not know at the time) because, in retrospect, viewed his own life has also been an evolution, during which he sometimes has his situation and his situation then changed him.

And then, Marx still had this famous passage written about the exploitation of workers. And then, Marx still had this famous passage written about the exploitation of workers. The Edenhofer was also great, though not out of a need for intellectual enlightenment. The Edenhofer was also great, though not out of a need for intellectual enlightenment. Which lent itself to him as a pubescent youth that is just fine to the entrepreneur-vorzurechnen father once, as the exploitative his staff every day. Which lent itself to him as a pubescent youth vorzurechnen that is just fine to the entrepreneur-father once, as the exploitative his staff every day. And to proclaim afterwards: "I'm going to start a company in which the exploitation rate is zero." And to proclaim afterwards: "I'm going to start a company in which the exploitation rate is zero." Voice's - and in fact: he's doing. Voice's - and in fact: he's doing. Edenhofer founded an insurance association with 30 salaried nurses. Edenhofer an insurance association founded with 30 salaried nurses. Then he went on to Munich. Then he went on to Munich.

Hans-Werner Sinn was his professor

In economics, he had enrolled at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University. Because he promised them more than the study of a single decision unit. Taught him at that time also a way of standing at the beginning of his career, economic professor named Hans-Werner Sinn. The study found Edenhofer from interesting and graduated with predicate, 1987 had been that. The then twenty-six, despite good grades but had a problem: "The economics have not given me any answers." In the internal debate over what to do, got the second intellectual baggage weight that he had brought alongside the unbroken interest in nature and economy from Gangkofen: his Catholic faith. Ottmar Edenhofer entered the Jesuit order.

Why? "The religious life seemed right for me." And what about children? "In those days there for me no desire to someday want to start a family." His family was of the order. Edenhofer learned to pray and meditate, religious superiors sent him as a humanitarian workers for two years after Croatia and Bosnia.

As a Jesuit, he also got to know the man personally, who founded the Catholic social teaching and his life was not an integral part of the justice debates of the Federal Republic: Oswald von Nell-Breuning, a Jesuit, who died in 1991 at the age of 101. "Talking to him was an incredibly sublime feeling," says Edenhofer. Had he been trained by the Jesuits, not only their own perspective, but to radically rethink the opposite position, he pried off with Nell-Breuning, concealing no intuition to third parties. This is very important to him, especially today. "Even a scientist who advises the other, must occur as an honest broker." The only way he could win, despite his own view the confidence of all stakeholders. Especially in the field that he plowed today: Edenhofer analyzing climate change and its consequences for the economy, he is deputy director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research.

Edenhofer prepare the Copenhagen Climate Conference

His office acts as a contrast to the similar institution outside the palace buildings. Bookshelves cover all the walls except behind his desk. There, he hangs as hundreds of small photos engineered poster - its employees have given him that, and they are also seen in the picture too. That the office of a little home-or has Lebezimmer, is perhaps simply because Edenhofer is often on the road. Since it has chosen the IPCC about a year ago to one of his chairman, he is more on the road.

Finally, in December, is at those large climate conference in Copenhagen, want to make up the major countries of the world, how to move forward after the Kyoto Protocol expires in 2012. Much is still to do until then. Edenhofer gives, confers, coordinated, sometimes in Germany, now in Italy, visited China. He always notices again that the climate problem is not only a scientific problem but also a social one. Easy as it may be mentioned, how much greenhouse gas by 2050, nor shall the atmosphere (770 gigatons). Difficult for him to identify a safe route through to the successful negotiations in Copenhagen. Somewhere in between lies the answer why he is doing today exactly what he's doing.

For a cause that has led him from Frankfurt to Potsdam, there is not, itself a story: As a thirty-three, he had enough of religious life. Not out of bitterness, but because "the theology had carried me from the big challenges of the time more". That he met shortly after leaving his wife (the two already knew each other from Edenhofer) Order early days, did the rest. He soon got the opportunity to interdisciplinary doctorate in Darmstadt, economic, natural and all client computers played a role. He graduated with top marks from the job offer came from Potsdam.

Life results

The decision to go there, he still do not regret it. The work is fun, the atmosphere was excellent, with the Institute's CEO Hans Joachim Schellnhuber, who advises the Chancellor on climate issues, he is by du Nevertheless, he has kept for itself the best from all previous stages of life: Edenhofer prays and meditates an hour every day ( "I think if I would not do that, I would go crazy"). And he speaks with a soft Bavarian accent. That has happened to the boy Gangkofener an experienced international air-converter, is now 48-year-old father of two children is still amazing. But as this is now: life is clear.

Therefore, there is not one big goal that he would like to achieve more. Professor at the Technical University in Berlin, where he holds a chair in the "economics of climate change," he wants to stay. "And then I made up my mind at some point to write a textbook." It is of course also be about the environment and to the economy. Otherwise he's just about the extent already have a good idea: two volumes, it should have.

Text: F.A.S.
Pictorial material: Andreas's agony/F.A.Z.

LINK The english translation

Original : http://www.faz.net/s/RubEC1ACFE1EE27...~Scontent.html

Last edited by aronia; 16-12-2009 at 09:04 AM.
aronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 05:09 AM   #1228
lizzy

and the black pope is puppeting too.......

Rich nations must assume environmental duties: pope
Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:53am GMT Email | Print | Share| Single Page[-] Text [+]
1 of 1Full SizeMarket News
REFILE-Mizuho soars on report of possible capital rule delay
Nikkei climbs as exporters gain on yen, JAL soars
AFTER THE BELL-Terra shares edge lower
More Business & Investing News... By Philip Pullella

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Industrialized nations must recognize their responsibility for the environmental crisis, shed their consumerism and embrace more sober lifestyles, Pope Benedict said on Tuesday.

The pope's call for more environmental commitments came in his message for the Roman Catholic Church's annual World Day of Peace, to be marked on Jan 1 and whose theme is "If You Want to Cultivate Peace, Protect Creation."

The message is traditionally sent to heads of state, government and international organizations and its importance this year is more significant because its release coincided with the U.N. climate conference in Copenhagen.

"It is important to acknowledge that among the causes of the present ecological crisis is the historical responsibility of the industrialized countries," he said in the message.

While saying that developing countries "are not exempt from their own responsibilities with regard to creation," and had a duty to gradually adopt effective environmental measures, the bulk of his criticism was aimed at rich nations.

Speaking of the need for all nations to address the issue of energy resources, he said:

"This means that technologically advanced societies must be prepared to encourage more sober lifestyles, while reducing their energy consumption and improving its efficiency."

He said no nation or people can remain indifferent to problems such as climate change, desertification, pollution, the loss of biodiversity, the increase of natural catastrophes and the deforestation of equatorial and tropical regions. Continued...

View article on single pagePrevious Page 1 |

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKTR...BrandChannel=0
Old 16-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #1229
aronia

Copenhagen Agreement on Climate Change–Beginning World Government
Published on 11-12-2009 Email To Friend Print Version

By Peter Chamberlin - BLN Contributing Writer

http://therearenosunglasses.wordpress.com/

(Read full document here: Copenhagen Agreement on Climate Change)

http://therearenosunglasses.wordpres...ate-change.pdf

Some notable quotes from the agreement are given below:

UNFCCC: UN Framework Convention on Climate Change

“their climate debt to the developing countries.”

In order to fulfill this shared vision, Parties have agreed to establish a coherent, cohesive and integrated system of financial and technology transfer mechanisms under the Convention and a follow up/compliance mechanism.

fulfillment by Annex I Parties and their commitments to provide financing, technology and compensation to developing countries for mitigating and adapting to climate change.

They shall also provide new and additional funding to cover the full incremental costs incurred by developing countries in implementing nationally appropriate mitigation actions undertaken in the context of sustainable development.

Where there are threats of serious or irreversible damage, the precautionary principle dictates that lack of full scientific certainty should not be used as a reason for postponing measures.

COP conference of the parties
NAMA nationally appropriate mitigation actions
NAPA national adaptation programmes of action
Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS)
REDD reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation

Last edited by aronia; 16-12-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 16-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #1230
aronia

Post Copenhagen treaty for world government

Copenhagen treaty for

world government

Thatcher adviser: Copenhagen goal is 1-world government

'Global warming' to be used as 'pretext' for 'change'

Posted: October 17, 2009
By Jerome R. Corsi
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113219

A former science adviser to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher says the real purpose of the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen on Dec. 7-18 is to use global warming hype as a pretext to lay the foundation for a one-world government.

"At [the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference in] Copenhagen this December, weeks away, a treaty will be signed," Lord Christopher Monckton told a Minnesota Free Market Institute audience on Thursday at Bethel University in St. Paul.

"Your president will sign it. Most of the Third World countries will sign it, because they think they're going to get money out of it. Most of the left-wing regimes from the European Union will rubber stamp it. Virtually nobody won't sign it," he told the audience of some 700 attendees.

(Story continues below)

"I read that treaty and what it says is this: that a world government is going to be created. The word 'government' actually appears as the first of three purposes of the new entity.

"The second purpose is the transfer of wealth from the countries of the West to Third World countries, in satisfaction of what is called, coyly, 'climate debt' – because we've been burning CO2 and they haven't. We've been screwing up the climate and they haven't. And the third purpose of this new entity, this government is enforcement."

In an hour and a half lecture illustrated by slides featuring scientific data on a wide range of climate issues, Monckton refuted claims made by former Vice President Al Gore in his movie and book entitled "An Inconvenient Truth," as well as scientific arguments made by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Monckton argued that President Obama will sign the Copenhagen treaty at the December meeting, without seeking a two-thirds ratification of the treaty by the Senate, or any other type of Congressional approval.

"So, thank you, America. You were the beacon of freedom to the world. It is a privilege to stand on this soil of freedom while it is still free," he continued. "But, in the next few weeks, unless you stop it, your president will sign your freedom, your democracy, and your humanity away forever.

"But I think it is here, here in your great nation, which I so love and I so admire – it is here that perhaps, at this eleventh hour, at the fifty-ninth minute and fifty-ninth second, you will rise up and you will stop your president from signing that dreadful treaty, that purposeless treaty. For there is no problem with the climate and, even if there were, an economic treaty does nothing to [help] it."

Monckton is a well-known critic of the theory of anthropogenic causes for global warming who has argued repeatedly that global warming hysteria is an ideological position of the political Left advanced in the interest of imposing global taxes on the United States in the pursuit of international control of the U.S. economy under a one-world government to be administered by the U.N.

Monckton's lecture can be viewed online and his slides also can be accessed on the Internet.

Where's the global warming?

As evidence mounts that the United States is headed toward a cooling cycle that may last decades, global alarmists within the Obama administration remain resolved to push cap-and-trade legislation through Congress on the increasingly dubious theory that man-made carbon emissions are creating global warming.

In what has to be seen as increasingly bad news for global warming alarmists, scientific evidence is mounting that temperatures in the United States have cooled at a rate that would be projected to lower temperatures 7.3 degrees Fahrenheit over the next century.

Source. U.S. National Climate Data Center and www.c3headlines.com

Maybe Obama's Science Czar is Right: Is a New Ice Age on the Horizon?

WND has reported White House science czar John Holdren's prediction that one billion people will die in "carbon-dioxide induced famines" in a coming new ice age by 2020.

Even though Holdren's current position is that the U.S. needs to enact cap-and-trade to slow global warming, Holdren predicted in a 1971 textbook co-authored with Paul Ehrlich that global over-population was heading the Earth to a new ice age unless the government mandated urgent measures to control population, including the possibility of involuntary birth control measures such as forced sterilization.

Holdren's prediction that one billion people would die from a global cooling "eco-disaster" was announced by Malthusian population alarmist Ehrlich in his 1986 book entitled, "The Machinery of Nature."

Holdren based his prediction on a bizarre theory that human emissions of carbon dioxide would produce a climate catastrophe in which global warming would cause global cooling with a resultant reduction in agricultural production resulting in widespread disaster.

On pages 273-274 of "The Machinery of Nature," Ehrlich explained Holdren's theory by arguing "some localities will probably become colder as the warmer atmosphere drives the climactic engine faster, causing streams of frigid air to move more rapidly away from the poles." (Emphasis in original text.)

The movement of the frigid air from the poles caused by global warming "could reduce agricultural yields for decades or more – a sure recipe for disaster in an increasingly overpopulated world," Ehrlich wrote.

Last edited by aronia; 16-12-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 16-12-2009, 05:51 AM   #1231
aronia

Post Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty

Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty, Claims British Lord

Published on 10-15-2009 Email To Friend Print Version
http://fightinwordsusa.wordpress.com...-british-lord/

The Minnesota Free Market Institute hosted an event at Bethel University in St. Paul on Wednesday evening. Keynote speaker Lord Christopher Monckton, former science adviser to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, gave a scathing and lengthy presentation, complete with detailed charts, graphs, facts, and figures which culminated in the utter decimation of both the pop culture concept of global warming and the credible threat of any significant anthropomorphic climate change.

A detailed summary of Monckton’s presentation will be available here once compiled. However, a segment of his remarks justify immediate publication. If credible, the concern Monckton speaks to may well prove the single most important issue facing the American nation, bigger than health care, bigger than cap and trade, and worth every citizen’s focused attention.

Here were Monckton’s closing remarks, as dictated from my audio recording:

At [the 2009 United Nations Climate Change Conference in] Copenhagen, this December, weeks away, a treaty will be signed. Your president will sign it. Most of the third world countries will sign it, because they think they’re going to get money out of it. Most of the left-wing regime from the European Union will rubber stamp it. Virtually nobody won’t sign it.

I read that treaty. And what it says is this, that a world government is going to be created. The word “government” actually appears as the first of three purposes of the new entity. The second purpose is the transfer of wealth from the countries of the West to third world countries, in satisfication of what is called, coyly, “climate debt” – because we’ve been burning CO2 and they haven’t. We’ve been screwing up the climate and they haven’t. And the third purpose of this new entity, this government, is enforcement.

How many of you think that the word “election” or “democracy” or “vote” or “ballot” occurs anywhere in the 200 pages of that treaty? Quite right, it doesn’t appear once. So, at last, the communists who piled out of the Berlin Wall and into the environmental movement, who took over Greenpeace so that my friends who funded it left within a year, because [the communists] captured it – Now the apotheosis as at hand. They are about to impose a communist world government on the world. You have a president who has very strong sympathies with that point of view. He’s going to sign it. He’ll sign anything. He’s a Nobel Peace Prize [winner]; of course he’ll sign it.

[laughter]

And the trouble is this; if that treaty is signed, if your Constitution says that it takes precedence over your Constitution (sic), and you can’t resign from that treaty unless you get agreement from all the other state parties – And because you’ll be the biggest paying country, they’re not going to let you out of it.

So, thank you, America. You were the beacon of freedom to the world. It is a privilege merely to stand on this soil of freedom while it is still free. But, in the next few weeks, unless you stop it, your president will sign your freedom, your democracy, and your humanity away forever. And neither you nor any subsequent government you may elect will have any power whatsoever to take it back. That is how serious it is. I’ve read the treaty. I’ve seen this stuff about [world] government and climate debt and enforcement. They are going to do this to you whether you like it or not.

But I think it is here, here in your great nation, which I so love and I so admire – it is here that perhaps, at this eleventh hour, at the fifty-ninth minute and fifty-ninth second, you will rise up and you will stop your president from signing that dreadful treaty, that purposeless treaty. For there is no problem with climate and, even if there were, an economic treaty does nothing to [help] it.

So I end by saying to you the words that Winston Churchill addressed to your president in the darkest hour before the dawn of freedom in the Second World War. He quoted from your great poet Longfellow:

Sail on, O Ship of State!

Sail on, O Union, strong and great!

Humanity with all its fears,

With all the hopes of future years,

Is hanging breathless on thy fate!

Lord Monckton received a standing ovation and took a series of questions from members of the audience. Among those questions were these relevent to the forthcoming Copenhagen treaty:

Question: The current administration and the Democratic majority in Congress has shown little regard for the will of the people. They’re trying to pass a serious government agenda, and serious taxation and burdens on future generations. And there seems to be little to stop them. How do you propose we stop Obama from doing this, because I see no way to stop him from signing anything in Copenhagen. I believe that’s his agenda and he’ll do it.

I don’t minimize the difficulty. But on this subject – I don’t really do politics, because it’s not right. In the end, your politics is for you. The correct procedure is for you to get onto your representatives, both in the US Senate where the bill has yet to go through (you can try and stop that) and in [the House], and get them to demand their right of audience (which they all have) with the president and tell him about this treaty. There are many very powerful people in this room, wealthy people, influential people. Get onto the media, tell them about this treaty. If they go to www.wattsupwiththat.com, they will find (if they look carefully enough) a copy of that treaty, because I arranged for it to be posted there not so long ago. Let them read it, and let the press tell the people that their democracy is about to be taken away for no good purpose, at least [with] no scientific basis [in reference to climate change]. Tell the press to say this. Tell the press to say that, even if there is a problem [with climate change], you don’t want your democracy taken away. It really is as simple as that.

Question: Is it really irrevocable if that treaty is signed? Suppose it’s signed by someone who does not have the authority, as I – I have some, a high degree of skepticism that we do have a valid president there because I -

I know at least one judge who shares your opinion, sir, yes.

I don’t believe it until I see it. … Would [Obama's potential illegitimacy as president] give us a reasonable cause to nullify whatever treaty that he does sign as president?

I would be very careful not to rely on things like that. Although there is a certain amount of doubt whether or not he was born in Hawaii, my fear is it would be very difficult to prove he wasn’t born in Hawaii and therefore we might not be able to get anywhere with that. Besides, once he’s signed that treaty, whether or not he signed it validly, once he’s signed it and ratified it – your Senate ratifies it – you’re bound by it. But I will say one thing; they know, in the White House, that they won’t be able to get the 67 votes in the Senate, the two-thirds majority that your Constitution has stipulated must be achieved in order to ratify a treaty of this kind. However, what they’ve worked out is this – and they actually let it slip during the election campaign, which is how I know about it. They plan to enact that Copenhagen treaty into legislation by a simple majority of both houses. That they can do. But the virtue of that – and here you have a point – is that is, thank God, reversible. So I want you to pray tonight, and pray hard for your Senate that they utterly refuse to ratify the [new] Treaty of Copenhagen, because if they refuse to ratify it and [Obama] has to push it through as domestic legislation, you can repeal it.

Regardless of whether global warming is taking place or caused to any degree by human activity, we do not want a global government empowered to tax Americans without elected representation or anything analogous to constitutional protections. The Founding Fathers would roll over in their graves if they knew their progeny allowed a foreign power such authority, effectively undoing their every effort in an act of Anti-American Revolution. If that is our imminent course, we need to put all else on hold and focus on stopping it. If American sovereignty is ceded, all other debate is irrelevant.

Edited to add @ 8:31 am:

Skimming through the treaty, I came across verification of Monckton’s assessment of the new entity’s purpose:

38. The scheme for the new institutional arrangement under the Convention will be based on three basic pillars: government; facilitative mechanism; and financial mechanism, and the basic organization of which will include the following:

World Government (heading added)

(a) The government will be ruled by the COP with the support of a new subsidiary body on adaptation, and of an Executive Board responsible for the management of the new funds and the related facilitative processes and bodies. The current Convention secretariat will operate as such, as appropriate.

To Redistribute Wealth (heading added)

B) The Convention’s financial mechanism will include a multilateral climate change fund including five windows: (a) an Adaptation window, (B) a Compensation window, to address loss and damage from climate change impacts [read: the "climate debt" Monckton refers to], including insurance, rehabilitation and compensatory components, © a Technology window; (d) a Mitigation window; and (e) a REDD window, to support a multi-phases process for positive forest incentives relating to REDD actions.

With Enforcement Authority (heading added)
Old 16-12-2009, 05:54 AM   #1232
aronia

Post Trilateralist Replaces Bilderberger

Trilateralist Replaces Bilderberger to Chair Copenhagen Summit

Kurt Nimmo
November 24, 2009

http://www.infowars.com/trilateralis...nhagen-summit/

The Danish government has appointed a Trilateral Commission member to chair the United Nations Copenhagen climate change summit. Lykke Friis, the former pro-dean at Copenhagen University, will replace Connie Hedegaard (a Bilderberg member) who has been nominated for the post of the European Union’s first climate commissioner. Hedegaard’s nomination will be assessed by European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso, who last month announced the creation of the new role to oversee the EU’s plans to cut emissions 20 per cent by 2020 and thus undercut modern civilization in Europe.

Lykke Friis attended a Trilateral meeting in 2005. “Lykke Friis is member of several committees and councils, for instance the Board of Sport Event Denmark, the Trilateral Commission, and the Council of the Danish Atlantic Treaty Association. She is also responsible for organizing the Research Congress on Climate Change in 2009,” a Zoom Info entry states.

The Danish Atlantic Treaty Association works with NATO and the Atlantic Treaty Association, an atlanticist organization (connected to the Bilderberg Group and the Council on Foreign Relations) consisting of the Atlantic Councils of NATO. The current president of the Atlantic Treaty Association is Robert Hunter, a senior adviser at the RAND Corporation, chairman of the Council for a Community of Democracies (supported by the Rockefeller Brothers Fund), and a consultant for the death merchant Lockheed Martin.

The Trilateral Commission is the brainchild of David Rockefeller and Zbigniew Brzezinski (who served as the Commission’s first executive director) with help from the Brookings Institution, the Council on Foreign Relations and the Ford Foundation. The Commission’s agenda is to create a one-world government.

“If the Council on Foreign Relations could be said to be a spawning ground for the concepts of one-world idealism, then the Trilateral Commission was the ‘task force’ assembled to assault the beachheads. Already the Commission had placed its members in the top posts the U.S. had to offer,” writes Patrick Wood. “The philosophical underpinnings of the Trilateral Commission are pro-Marxist and pro-socialist. They are solidly set against the concept of the nation-state and in particular, the Constitution of the United States. Thus, national sovereignty must be diminished and then abolished altogether in order to make way for the New World Order that will be governed by an unelected global elite with their self-created legal framework.”

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

The under-reported (except in the European press) appointment of Friis follows the ascension of Herman Van Rompuy (a Bilderberg member) to the presidency of the European Union. The EU is the most advanced of the regional building blocks for world government.

Pascal Lamy, Director General of the World Trade Organization and frequent attendee of Bilderberg meetings, sees the European Union as a testing ground for the machinery of international governance, that is to say world government (see Daniel Taylor, WTO Director General: Global Governance Based on the EU Model).

Mario Borghezio, an Italian member of European Parliament, questioned the proposed appointment of Van Rompuy earlier this month. “Is it possible,” Borghezio asked during a EU session, “that no one has noticed that all three frequently attended the Bilderberg or Trilateral meetings? I believe we need to apply the principles of transparency, so often mentioned here in our institutions. We need to establish clearly whether these are the candidates of their own countries’ political forces, or whether they are simply the candidates of these occult groups that meet behind closed door to decide matters over the heads of the people.”

On November 19, Van Rompuy announced that 2009 is the “first year of global governance.” He said the “climate conference in Copenhagen is another step towards the global management of our planet,” i.e., the establishment of a One World Order.

Considering Van Rompuy’s comments, it makes sense that a Trilateral Commission member was appointed to chair the Copenhagen proceedings, scheduled to take place between December 7 and December 18 at the Bella Center in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Prior to his comments on November 19, Van Rompuy announced at a Bilderberg dinner at Hertoginnendal, Brussels, on November 15th, that the elite plan to implement EU-wide taxes that will be paid directly to Brussels.

“A former science adviser to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher [Lord Christopher Monckton] says the real purpose of the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen on Dec. 7-18 is to use global warming hype as a pretext to lay the foundation for a one-world government,” Jerome R. Corsi wrote for WorldNetDaily in October. “Your president will sign it. Most of the Third World countries will sign it, because they think they’re going to get money out of it. Most of the left-wing regimes from the European Union will rubber stamp it. Virtually nobody won’t sign it,” Monckton warned during a recent speech.

According to former presidential candidate Chuck Baldwin, Monckton may have understated the case. “In my opinion, Lord Monckton did not exaggerate; if anything, he may have understated the situation,” Baldwin wrote on October 30. “It appears that what a U.S. President and Congress (Republican or Democratic) could not do through the constitutional legislative process, they are attempting to do through international treaty. Therefore, it is my studied opinion that Lord Monckton’s assessment that this upcoming Climate Change Convention in Copenhagen is a ‘pretext’ for the establishment of one world government.”

Van Rompuy has admitted as much. The Trilateralist Lykke Friis’ appointment is another indication that the one-worlders plan to stack the deck and push their “global governance” agenda next month under the pretext of climate change.

The Climate Research Unit revelations will not slow them down. The corporate media is now attempting to stifle and bury the story as it goes viral on the internet ahead of the meeting predicated on the farce of global man-made climate change.

It remains to be seen if the story will push back the globalist agenda to use junk science as an excuse to establish a one-world government.

Last edited by aronia; 16-12-2009 at 05:55 AM.
Old 16-12-2009, 05:58 AM   #1233
aronia

Post Chuck Norris: Obama Wants 'To Create a 1 World Gov

Chuck Norris: Obama Wants 'To Create a One World Order' at Copenhagen Climate Talks

Actor insists U.S. participation in global warming negotiations an attempt to 'to take our money and send it to third-world countries.'

By Jeff Poor
11/12/2009 9:18:07 AM
http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...112091336.aspx

Are the upcoming Copenhagen climate talks really about nothing more than hammering out a world-wide agreement about carbon emissions to curb warming? Not according to martial arts professional and actor Chuck Norris.

Norris, who appeared on the Fox News Channel’s Nov. 11 “Your World with Neil Cavuto” to promote his new book, “The Official Chuck Norris Fact Book: 101 of Chuck's Favorite Facts and Stories.” He explained the upcoming Copenhagen talks in December were a push by President Barack Obama to form a “one world order.”

“Definitely,” Norris said. “I really think he I going over there to try to create a one world order.”

That’s a view similar to Lord Christopher Monckton’s belief, who recently warned Obama was “poised to cede U.S. sovereignty” at Copenhagen. Norris’ fear is that since some third-world countries have not caught up economically to the United States, this would be a backdoor way to help them catch up – by giving “our money” to them.

“My big worry is the fact is that we as a nation, if we start having to be obligated to other countries,” Norris said. “In this conference, they’re going to try to take our money and send it to third-world countries because of, since we spend so much oil and these other countries have suffered, then we’re going to give our money to these third-world countries.”

Norris argued an undertaking like Copenhagen would be much better put toward the poor domestically.

“Neil, we have people here starving in our own country,” Norris said. “You know, my foundation, I have families, who are making $9,000 a year – the kids I’m teaching. Why aren’t we trying to help the poverty in our own country?”

But isn’t the Copenhagen conference a good faith effort by concerned statesmen to save the Earth?

“I don’t buy that,” Norris replied. “You know Al Gore became a hundred million dollar millionaire, you know, from the global bomboggle. I don’t really, I don’t believe it for a second. I think it’s a big con game that they’re doing.”

The ultimate result from Copenhagen: A fundamental change of the United States “as we know it.”

“Who know what is going to happen,” Norris continued. “God forbid that this happens in our country. Our country as we know it now no longer exists, Neil. That’s the whole thing right there.”

Cavuto proposed the intentions of the makers of Copenhagen were pure.

“I don’t believe that,” Norris continued. “First of all, I don’t think China is going to go for this. I don’t believe India is going to go for this. … [China] is not going to change. The thing is, for them to say, ‘United States, you change, but we’re not going to change, so you clean up your country, but we’re going to, you know, keep polluting our part of the country. You know, it’s ludicrous. It really is.”
Old 16-12-2009, 06:00 AM   #1234
aronia

Post U.S. Senator Inhofe to travel to Copenhagen

U.S. Senator Inhofe to travel to Copenhagen as a climate change 'truth squad'

November 27, 12:03 PM

http://www.examiner.com/x-25061-Clim...annel-rss-News

Oklahoma Senator James Inhofe announced on C-SPAN this morning that he would be traveling to the Copenhagen climate summit as a “on-man truth squad.” The senator is one of the most outspoken critics of the cap and trade legislation and a leading skeptic of the manmade climate change theory.
Video: Senator Inhofe says he will go to the UN Climate Conference

The senator previously attended a similar U.N. conference in Milan, Italy in 2003 where he quickly became one of the event’s villains. “Wanted” posters with the senator’s picture were posted in the conference center at that event with his quote calling global warming, “the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.”

In the interview, Inhofe discussed the Waxman-Markey climate change legislation that the House of Representatives passed and a similar initiative authored by California Senator Barbara Boxer that is now working its way through the Senate. Inhofe pointed out that neither of the measures would result in a decrease in carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions but would cost billions of dollars. “To pass the largest tax increase in the history of America that even the EPA director says is not going to reduce the emissions is ludicrous,” he said.
Complete coverage: Examiner.com covers the latest with cap and trade legislation

About his announcement to go to Europe for the UN conference, Inhofe said, “I’m going to go to Copenhagen. I think somebody has to be there – a one-man truth squad – so let’s see what happens there.” The senator said the science on climate change was “mixed.”

Inhofe said he believed that dissenting voices which have gone unheard before need to be represented at the United Nations Climate Change Conference. It was hoped the conference would yield an international treaty to combat global warming but that now appears to be out of reach with leaders saying they hope to reach a 'political agreement.'

President Barack Obama announced he would attend the start of the summit and offer goals that would include an emissions reduction target of 17% below 2005 levels by 2020 and then fall in line with any legislation that comes from Congress. However, the offer is dependent on getting Capitol Hill to pass some sort of climate legislation which will not happen until spring at the earliest, if ever.
Old 16-12-2009, 06:03 AM   #1235
aronia

Post 'Copenhagen Summit : On The Road To the Dark Age'

'Copenhagen Summit : On The Road To the Dark Age'

By Erick San Juan (Makati City)
Friday, December 04, 2009 10:10:52 PM
http://www.mindanaoexaminer.com/news...20091204091052

THIS COMING WEEK, December 7-18, 2009 in Copenhagen , Denmark, the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP 15) the successor to the Kyoto Protocol and will be attended by 20,000 delegates from 193 nations, approximately 65 heads of government (including the Philippine President).

Amidst the climategate scandal of e-mails that hackers have revealed in the e-mail communications of "scientists" of the Climate Research Unit (CRU) of East Anglia University in Great Britain , the summit will go ahead as scheduled.

In October this year, Presideny Gloria M. Arroyo signed into law Philippine Climate Change Act of 2009 that would enable the country to better respond to disasters spawned by climate change. This law which is also known as R.A. 9729, seeks to influence climate change policy into the formulation of government agenda by setting up a National Framework Strategy and Program on Climate Change along with the creation of the Climate Change Commission that will coordinate, monitor and evaluate the government's programs and actions to mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change.

Like other countries riding the bandwagon of climate change, it seems that the globalists are succeeding in their effort for world governance in which depopulation is the centerpiece. Why do we say this? The following quotes from the movers of the global warming scare, will give light as to why we are caught riding the bandwagon on the road to the dark age.

The global warming alarm was initiated at the United Nations in the 1980s.The "original" goal was to use it to achieve global governance and fund it through a global carbon tax.

In 1991, Maurice Strong, a key developer of global warming scare and one of the original members of the Club of Rome came out with the report - “The First Global Revolution”, which stated : “It would seem that humans need a common motivation...either a real one or else one invented for the purpose....In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome. The real enemy then, is humanity itself.”

In that same report – “The First Global Revolution”, the concept of global governance was promoted which asserted that current problems "are essentially global and cannot be solved through individual country initiatives [which] gives a greatly enhanced importance to the United Nations and other international systems."

Also, way back in 1974, Maurice Strong gave a speech at a college in Canada at which he said: “The ethic of abundant resources must give way to the ethics of scarcity and conservation” … “Economic growth is not the cure, it is the disease” He also said: “Frankly, we may get to the point where the only way of saving the world will be for industrial civilization to collapse."

“The world has cancer and the cancer is man.” – quote from A. Gregg as the opening to Chapter 1 of the “Second Report to the Club of Rome – Mankind at the Turning Point”, 1974.

Finally, “I hope [the Club of Rome] will continue for many years to come to spell out the unpalatable facts and to unsettle the conscience of the smug and apathetic.” – Prince Philip in his message to the Delegates, 20th Anniversary Conference of the Club of Rome (in “The First Global Revolution”). Prince Phillip has also made the statement: “In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation.” in the foreword to Fleur Cowles’ “If I Were an Animal” 1987.

It is now clear that the forerunners of the global warming myth mentioned above singled out humanity as the culprit and that economic growth through industrialization should take the backseat as climate change will transform into a weapon of mass taxation, as one writer put it.

To elaborate further our point here, the Chairman of the Optimum Population Trust (OPT) of the London School of Economics said, “It’s always been obvious that total emissions depend on the number of emitters as well as their individual emissions – the carbon tonnage can’t shoot down as we want, while the population keeps shooting up.” In other words, the cheapest way to combat climate change is through family planning method of contraception. This was also featured as the main problem – the population, in
Al Gore’s video, An Inconvenient Truth, which is now being lambasted as a film of very convenient lies based on questionable data.

Six months before the Copenhagen summit, World Business Summit on Climate Change (WBSCC) was held and already came out with key decisions for the December meeting. It was attended by prominent world business leaders including Al Gore and UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon. The report by the WBSCC has been given to all the Copenhagen summit participants which is actually, has nothing to do about protecting the environment. Then what is the real agenda of this global sham?

“The Copenhagen Summit not only serves powerful corporate interests, which have a stake in the global multibillion dollar carbon trading scheme. It also serves to divert public attention from the devastation resulting from the "real crisis" underlying the process of economic globalization and a profit driven war without borders, which the Pentagon calls "the long war". (Michel Chossudovsky)

The multibillion dollar carbon trading scheme of the world’s financial oligarchs is the real agenda of this climate change fiasco. The large financial conglomerates, involved in derivative trade, including JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, Barclay's, Citibank, Nomura, Société Générale, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs are actively involved in carbon trading.(FACTBOX: Investment banks in carbon trading | Reuters, 14 September 2009)

A report from The Guardian also support this article, "the carbon market could become double the size of the vast oil market, according to the new breed of City players who trade greenhouse gas emissions through the EU's emissions trading scheme... The speed of that growth will depend on whether the Copenhagen summit gives a go-ahead for a low-carbon economy. But Ager says whatever happens, schemes such as the ETS will expand around the globe."

It is very real that this Copenhagen summit will lead us back to the dark age, where the tools of economic growth will be wiped out in the name of falsehood and greediness of the chosen few, who will feed on the unwilling victims’ fear of the 'unknown' – the "climate change". As panic grips humanity, no one will notice the global governance of the few as they lead us to that new world (dis)order. God forbid! ([email protected])
Old 16-12-2009, 06:05 AM   #1236
aronia

Post British Admit: Copenhagen Is All About Genocide

British Admit: Copenhagen Is All About Genocide

http://www.larouchepac.com/node/12763

December 13, 2009 (LPAC)—The official British policy for the Copenhagen conference is now out, in explicit language: Massive population genocide, on a scale that would make Adolf Hitler blush. The London School of Economics, the anchor of the Fabian Gordon Brown government, has produced a study for Copenhagen, released by the British organization Optimum Population Trust (OPT), calling for the reduction of world population by between three to five billion people between now and 2050. This flagrant call for mass extermination is based on the argument that the single greatest cause of global warming is over-population, and that the most "cost-effective" cure for global warming is radical population reduction.

According to a recent OPT study, the so-called global warming crisis can be solved, most cheaply, by reducing the world population by 500 million between now and 2050. Since linear population projections put world population at well-over 9 billion by that date, the proposal to cut back world population to just over 6 billion people, would mean the elimination of 3 billion people. Indeed, an OPT press release, dated March 16, 2009, titled "Earth Heading for 5 Billion Overpopulation?" reported, "Based on ecological footprint and biolgoical capacity data which have become available over the last decade, OPT estimates the world's sustainable population currently at 5 billion and the U.K.'s at 18 million (the U.K.'s actual current population is 61 million).

"However," the release continued, "these figures are predicated on present levels and patterns of consumption. Greener lifestyles in the U.K. could push up its sustainable population; by contrast, if the world as a whole grows richer and consumes more, this will reduce the planet's carrying capacity. If present trends continue, by 2050, when the UN projects world population will be 9.1 billion, there will be an estimated 5 billion more people than the Earth can support."

A later OPT report, prepared for Copenhagen, called "Fewer Emitters, Lower Emissions, Less Cost," spelled out London's solution: Place population reduction at the top of the agenda. OPT "called on climate change negotiators to ensure that population restraint policies are adopted by every state worldwide to combat climate change."

The UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, gave its de facto blessing to this mass murder scheme on Nov. 18, when they featured Optimum Population Trust director Roger Martin, as a presenter of the UN's own "State of World Population 2009" report, a document geared to the now-ongoing Copenhagen conference on global warming. While the UN report, itself, makes the same link between global warming and population growth, it is the OPT study and its "Pop Offsets" program of targeted population reduction in the world's poorest countries, that defines the true London agenda at Copenhagen. It is the agenda spelled out, repeatedly, by the Royal Consort Prince Philip, for decades: Reduce the world population by 80 percent, create a global feudal dictatorship, eliminating the nation-state system altogether.
Old 16-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #1237
aronia

Post The club of madrid

Quote:
The outer table of the club of rome
the club of madrid

Club de Madrid
C/ Goya 5-7. Pasaje, 2ª
28001 Madrid - SPAIN
Tel. +34 911 548 230
Fax +34 911 548 240
[email protected]

http://www.clubmadrid.org/cmadrid/index.php?id=1

The challenges of the current crisis are systemic and far from limited to financial institutions. We face an unprecedented opportunity to rethink the entrenched ways in which leaders have been doing things and to promote reforms to achieve a more democratic model. It is time for everyone to roll up those sleeves and get to work.

Mission - Democracy that delivers

The Club of Madrid responds to the demand for leader-to-leader support to confront today’s global, regional and national democratic leadership challenges. It is an independent organization dedicated to strengthening democratic values and leadership around the world by drawing on the unique experience and resources of its Members –more than 70 democratic former Heads of State and Government from 50 countries who contribute their time, experience and knowledge to this mission. The Club of Madrid’s membership constitutes the world’s largest forum of ex-Presidents and ex-Prime Ministers and offers today’s leaders an unequalled body of knowledge and political leadership.

To learn more about the Club of Madrid and its work, please refer to the links at left.

The Executive Committee with former U.S. president
Bill Clinton at a meeting in New York - March, 19, 2003

Quote:
Letter from the President

As I take on the role of President of the Club de Madrid, I would like to begin by paying tribute to my predecessors for the monumental task that has meant leading a global team dedicated heart and soul to promoting democracy around the world since it was founded in October 2001. The faces have changed but the objective is the same: to help wherever conflicts arise, where underdevelopment continues, where people suffer from lacking the basic needs, where the environment is being destroyed. It can be summed up in one single idea: to be where there is a need for greater democracy.

The universal value of this word goes beyond its political meaning; at least that’s how it is for the Club de Madrid. I firmly believe that democracy, like intelligence, sums up what sets us apart as human beings, our capacity to organize, develop, be free, respect one another and live in peace. In a world increasingly aware of social and political inequalities, we must channel all our efforts to delivering to those in need the message that democracy, despite its difficulties in being effective, is vital in every sense. Democracy defends universal values of respect and understanding that help us build a fairer and more cohesive world.

The Club de Madrid, with all its Members, is perhaps the organization with the greatest expertise in democratic government that is willing to transmit its values in countries and regions experiencing difficulties in development at any level. My commitment is none other than to continue to aspire to formulate new effective,ideas, ideas which emanate from open debate and through overcoming differences, which broaden minds and reduce gaps in coexistence. Our challenge in this first decade of the 21st century will still be to defend above all a social model that respects peace, the rule of law, diversity and the environment. Finally our obligation is to all: to promote the progress of humanity in order to leave future generations a safer, more just and more habitable world
Background

The Club of Madrid was launched following the Conference on Democratic Transition and Consolidation (CDTC), held in Madrid, Spain, in October 2001. At that unprecedented gathering, 35 heads of state and government from Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa met with more than 100 of the world's most respected scholars and policy experts to discuss the problems of building democracy from both a theoretical and practical point of view. The CDTC looked at eight core issues, including constitutional design, the legislature and its relations with the executive, the judiciary and its relations with the executive, anti-corruption measures, the role of armed forces and security forces, reform of the state bureaucracy, strengthening of political and social pluralism and of political parties, and economic and social conditions. In four days of intensive discussion between the leaders and experts, the two groups were able to identify areas of agreement and disagreement, and formulate practical recommendations for strengthening democracy around the world. For more on the CDTC, go here.

The Club of Madrid's primary asset is its membership, which includes more than 70 distinguished former heads of state and government of democratic nations. The Club of Madrid seeks to leverage the first-hand experience of its members to assist countries with critical elements of their democratic transition or consolidation. A distinguished group of scholars, former policy makers and political leaders provides additional advice and assistance on a wide range of issues. The Club of Madrid is supported institutionally by the Fundación para las Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior (FRIDE) and the Gorbachev Foundation of North America (GFNA), the original sponsors of the 2001 conference.

About the Conference on Democratic Transition and Consolidation

The Conference on Democratic Transition and Consolidation (CDTC), jointly organized by the Fundación para la Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior (FRIDE) of Spain and The Gorbachev Foundation of North America (GNFA), was held in Madrid from 19th to 27th of October 2001, with the participation of thirty-four Heads and former Heads of State and Government and more than one hundred academic and political experts specialized in the field of democratic transition and consolidation.

The objective of the Conference was to contribute to strengthening democracy in the world through an in-depth debate of the challenges and difficulties facing democracies involved in processes of transition and consolidation, as well as to propose practical solutions to those problems.

The working methodology was structured in three phases.

In the first phase, which began some months before the Madrid Conference, the selected academic and political experts were grouped in eight thematic panels, each one coordinated by an internationally renowned scholar, and wrote short papers addressing questions related to the theme of their group. The papers were circulated among panel members and were used as an input for the debates.

In the second phase, during the Conference,itself, each group of experts, thoroughly debated the key aspects and problems of democratic transition and consolidation processes and concluded with practical and pertinent recommendations for Heads or State and Government on how to deal with them. The reports and recommendations were sent in advance to the Heads of State and Government who were going to be present at the Conference in Madrid and were used as a basis for their debates. In the third phase, the Heads and former Heads of State and Government discussed, in small working groups, the proposals and recommendations of the experts.

The reports of the Conference include the main aspects and conclusions of these debates.

Additionally, at the two plenary sessions, important speeches were delivered by the Heads of State and Government and some key declarations were approved.The creation of the Club of Madrid was unanimously approved at the closing plenary session.

Structure and Organization

The Club of Madrid brings several unique resources to its work:

* Personal experience and reputation of former Heads of State and Government
* Access to the world's leading experts and scholars on democracy issues
* A focus on democratic transition and consolidation
* A commitment to practical programs with measurable results

Membership in the Club of Madrid is offered to respected former Heads of State and Government of democratic countries who contribute their personal experience and knowledge. Appointment to the Club of Madrid is proposed by the Board of Directors and approved by the General Assembly. The Club's by-laws require that 80 percent of its members must be from transitional democracies and 20 percent from consolidated democracies.

One of the Club's major assets is the ability of its members to offer peer-to-peer advice and counseling to current leaders struggling to build or consolidate democracy. The Club's members can also help focus much needed international attention on targeted countries and leverage the work of other institutions trying to promote democracy.

The Club's members are supported by a network of world-class experts who work together to assist countries and offer assistance on a range of democratic reform issues.

The Club of Madrid is composed of five executive and advisory bodies:

Members
Board of Directors
General Assembly
General Secretariat
Advisory Committee

General Assembly

The General Assembly is the supreme representative and governing body of the Club of Madrid and is composed of all the former Heads of State and Government of the Club of Madrid, the Presidents and one other member of FRIDE and The Gorbachev Foundation of North America (GFNA) each, as well as the Secretary General. All of these will attend any General Assembly meeting and be entitled to participate and vote. All members or advisers of the Club of Madrid will be able to attend but not vote.

The General Assembly meets at least once a year and its responsibilities include, among others, the approval of the different activities of the Club of Madrid, the approval of reports prepared by the Club and of the inclusion of new members in the Club of Madrid, the designation or ratification of the president or Vice-president, the Board of Directors, the Secretary General, and the approval of the budget.

Board of Directors

The Board of Directors includes the President or Vice-president, two members of FRIDE and the GFNA respectively, the Secretary General and at least five full members, designated by the General Assembly for a period of two years.

The Board of Directors meets at least twice a year and, in addition to functions and objectives assigned to it by the General Assembly, it will be in charge of approving report proposals, as well as new appointments to be submitted to the General Assembly.

President
Lagos, Ricardo - Former President of Chile

Vice President
Mary Robinson - Former President of Ireland

Secretary General
Perpiñá-Robert, Fernando

Former Heads of State and Government

Al-Mahdi, Sadig - Former Prime Minister of Sudan
Bondevik, Kjell Magne – Former Prime Minister of Norway
Campbell, Kim - Former Prime Minister of Canada
Cardoso, Fernando Henrique - Former President of Brazil
Chissano, Joaquim - Former President of Mozambique
Dimitrov, Philip - Former Prime Minister of Bulgaria
Finnbogadóttir, Vigdís – Former President of Iceland
Gaviria, César - Former President of Colombia
Hong-Koo, Lee - Former Prime Minister of South Korea
Pastrana, Andrés - Former President of Colombia
Roman, Petre - Former Prime Minister of Rumania
Shipley, Jennifer Mary - Former Prime Minister of New Zealand

Representatives of the Constituent Foundations

Hidalgo Schnur, Diego - President, FRIDE
Jones, Anthony - Executive Director, GFNA
Matthews, George - Chairman, GFNA
Romero Moreno, José Manuel - Trustee, FRIDE

General Secretariat

The Secretary General is appointed by the Board of Directors and ratified by the General Assembly, and she takes responsibility for the daily management of the Club of Madrid as well as the coordination of the activities of the organization. She also prepares and submits to the Board of Directors all the information and proposals to be approved by the Board or submitted to the General Assembly.

General Secretariat

Perpiñá-Robert, Fernando - Secretary General (as of March 2007)

Agüero, María Elena - Director of Institutional Relations and Special Programs
Arango, Victor - Communications Director
Carroll, Sean - Director of Programs
Hidalgo, Ricardo - Chief Financial Officer
Rougy, Nicolas - Director, Brussels office

Álvarez-Couceiro, Antonio - Secretary General Ad Honorem

Staff

Briano, Agustina - Program Assistant and Assistant to the Director of Institutional Relations and Special Projects
Campos, Rubén - Assistant to the Programs Director
Cañas, Mª del Mar - Office Manager a.i.
Dandachli, Dina - Program Assistant
De Agustín, Sara - Accounting and Administration of Personnel
Diatta, Marguerite - Administrative Assistant, "Women's Political Participation and Leadership" Project
De Diez, Orla - Project Officer, "Women's Political Participation and Leadership" Project
Espinosa, Nacho - Program Officer
Fernández-Durán, Carla - Program Assistant, "Women's Political Participation and Leadership"
Huguenet, Sophie - Assistant to the Director, Brussels Office
López Tejero, Alicia - Development Officer
Menéndez, Ángela - Administrative Chief
Nieto, Ana - Recepcionist
Ortiz de Artiñano, Idoia - Institutional Relations Junior Programme Officer
Pescador, Silvia - Communications Coordinator
Ramon, Maxime André - Intern, Institutional Relations
Romero, María - Events Manager
Sánchez, Montserrat - Office Manager
Silvestri, Luciana - Program Assistant
Valdés, Carlos - Program Assistant, "The Shared Societies Project"
Vidal, Ximena - Research Assistant

Advisory Committee

The Advisory committee is a permanent advisory body to the Board of Directors and the General Assembly of the Club of Madrid. The members of the Advisory Committee participate in the General Assembly but are not entitled to vote; they may be called to attend meetings of the Board of Directors whenever their expert opinion is required.

Members of the Advisory Committee:

Costa, Tarcísio - Commercial Counselor at the Embassy of Brazil in Spain

Diamint, Rut - Professor of Political Science, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella

Domínguez, Jorge I. - Director of the Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University

Ekiert, Grzegorz - Professor of Government, Center for European Studies, Harvard University

Kim, Byung-Kook - Professor of Government, University of Korea

Lamounier, Bolívar - Director of Augurium Consultores, Sao Paulo

Likhotal, Alexander - Executive Vice-President of the GFNA and First Vice-President of Green Cross International

Linz, Juan José - Emeritus Professor of the Sterling Chair in Political and Social Sciences, Yale University

Maravall, José María - Academic Director of the Center for Advanced Studies in Social Sciences, Juan March Institute

Muñoz, Lucinio - Senior Advisor. Public Debt. Spanish Treasury. Ministry of Economy and Finance

Neumann, Peter - Director of the Centre for Defense Studies of King’s College

Ottone, Ernesto - Former ECLAC Deputy Executive Secretary. Advisor to the Former President of Chile, Ricardo Lagos

Phillips, Timothy - Co-Founder of the Project on Justice in Times of Transition, Harvard University

Piccone, Ted - Senior Fellow and Deputy Director of the Foreign Policy Program, Brookings Institution

Rigo, Andrés - Former Deputy General Counsel of the World Bank. International Arbitrator

Rose-Ackerman, Susan - Henri R. Luce Professor of Law and Political Science, Yale School of Law

Simeon, Richard - Professor of Political Science and Law, University of Toronto

Full Members

All former Heads of State and Government who participated in the Conference on Democratic Transition and Consolidation, held in Madrid in October of 2001 are full members of the Club of Madrid if they so wish. All current Heads of State and Government who participated in the Conference could be invited to join the Club of Madrid as soon as they have completed their term of office. Former Heads of State and Government of other democratic countries could also be admitted as full members if proposed by the Board of Directors and approved by the absolute majority of the General Assembly.

Former Heads of State and Government

Adamkus, Valdas - President of Lithuania
Aho, Esko - Former Prime Minister of Finland
Ahtisaari, Martti - Former President of Finland
Al-Eryani, Abdulkareem - Former Prime Minister of Yemen
Alfonsín, Raúl - Former President of Argentina
Al Mahdi, Sadig - Former Prime Minister of Sudan
Arzú, Alvaro - Former President of Guatemala
Aylwin, Patricio - Former President of Chile
Aznar, José María - Former Prime Minister of Spain
Betancur, Belisario - Former President of Colombia
Bildt, Carl - Former Prime Minister of Sweden
Birkavs, Valdis - Former Prime Minister of Latvia
Bondevik, Kjell Magne - Former Prime Minister of Norway
Brundtland, Gro Harlem - Former Prime Minister of Norway
Campbell, Kim - Former Prime Minister of Canada
Cardoso, Fernando Henrique - Former President of Brazil
Cavaco Silva, Aníbal - President of Portugal
Chissano, Joaquim Alberto - Former President of Mozambique
Chrétien, Joseph Jacques Jean - Former Prime Minister of Canada
Clinton, William J. - Former President of the United States
Dimitrov, Philip - Former Prime Minister of Bulgaria
Fernández, Leonel - President of the Dominican Republic (on leave)
Figueres, José María - Former President of Costa Rica
Finnbogadóttir, Vigdís - Former President of Iceland
Fox, Vicente - Former President of Mexico
Frei Ruiz-Tagle, Eduardo - Former President of Chile
Gaviria, César - Former President of Colombia
González Márquez, Felipe - Former Prime Minister of Spain
Gorbachev, Mikhail - Former President of the Soviet Union
Gujral, Inder Kumar - Former Prime Minister of India
Guterres, António - Former Prime Minister of Portugal
Havel, Václav - Former President of Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic
Hurtado, Osvaldo - Former President of Ecuador
Jospin, Lionel - Former Prime Minister of France
Kohl, Helmut - Former Chancellor Germany
Kok, Wim - Former Prime Minister of the Netherlands
Konare, Alpha Oumar - Former President of Mali
Kucan, Milan - Former President of Slovenia
Kumaratunga, Chandrika B. - Former President of Sri Lanka
Lacalle Herrera, Luis Alberto - Former President of Uruguay
Lagos, Ricardo - President of the Club of Madrid
Lagumdzija, Zlatko - Former Prime Minister of Bosnia & Herzegovina
Lee, Hong Koo - Former Prime Minister of Korea
Lubbers, Ruud F.M. - Former Prime Minister of The Netherlands
Mascarenhas Monteiro, Antonio M. - Former President of Cape Verde
Masire, Ketumile - Former President of Botswana
Mazowiecki, Tadeusz - Former Prime Minister of Poland
Meidani, Rexhep - Former President of the Republic of Albania
Mkapa, Benjamin William - Former President of Tanzania
Panyarachun, Anand - Former Prime Minister of Thailand
Pastrana, Andrés - Former President of Colombia
Patterson, Percival - Former Prime Minister of Jamaica
Pérez de Cuellar, Javier - Former Prime Minister of Peru
Prodi, Romano - Former President of the EC and Prime Minister of Italy
Quiroga, Jorge - Former President of Bolivia
Ramos, Fidel Valdes - Former President of the Republic of the Philippines
Rasmussen, Poul Nyrup - Former Prime Minister of Denmark
Robinson, Mary - Former President of Ireland
Roman, Petre - Former Prime Minister of Romania
Sampaio, Jorge - Former President of Portugal
Sánchez de Lozada, Gonzalo - Former President of Bolivia
Sanguinetti, Julio María - Former President of Uruguay
Shipley, Jennifer Mary - Former Prime Minister of New Zealand
Soares, Mario - Former President of Portugal
Suárez, Adolfo - Former Prime Minister of Spain
Suchocka, Hanna- Former Prime Minister of Poland
Toledo, Alejandro - Former President of Peru
Uteem, Cassam - Former President of the Republic of Mauritius
Verhofstadt, Guy - Former Prime Minister of Belgium
Vike-Freiberga, Vaira - Former President of Latvia
Zedillo, Ernesto- Former President of Mexico

Deceased

Calvo Sotelo, Leopoldo - Former Prime Minister of Spain
Meri, Lennart - Former President of Estonia
Paniagua, Valentín - Former President of Peru

Members of the Constituent Foundations

Hidalgo Schnur, Diego - President of Fundación para las Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior (FRIDE)

Jones, Anthony - Vice-President and Executive Director of the Gorbachev Foundation of North America

Matthews, George - Chairman of the Gorbachev Foundation of North America

Romero Moreno, José Manuel - Vice-President of Fundación para las Relaciones Internacionales y el Diálogo Exterior (FRIDE)

Institutional Members

Private and public organizations and institutions that share the goals of the Club of Madrid could be invited to join the Club of Madrid as Institutional Members. Institutional Members will act through their representatives to express their views and may attend the General Assembly but will have no right to vote.

Institutional members:

H.E. Ms. Esperanza Aguirre
President of the Regional Government of Madrid

H.E. Mr. José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero
Prime Minister of Spain

H.E. Mr. Alberto Ruiz-Gallardón
Mayor of Madrid

Honorary Members

The General Assembly can designate those authorities or personalities that have distinguished themselves by their cooperation with the Club of Madrid as Honorary Members.

The following are currently Honorary Members of the Club of Madrid:

H.E. Mr. Jimmy Carter
Former President of the United States

H.E. Mr. Jacques Delors
Former President of the European Commission

H.E. Mr. Kofi Annan
Former Secretary General of the United Nations

Fellows

All the experts in democratic transitions who participated in the Conference on Democratic Transition and Consolidation (CDTC) held in Madrid in October 2001 or who subsequently have joined the tasks forces in the Club of Madrid will be Fellows of the Club of Madrid.

The following are currently Fellows of the Club of Madrid:

Adam Przeworski
Caroll and Milton Petrie Professor, Department of Politics, New York University, USA

Alec Stone Sweet
Senior Official Fellow, Chair in Comparative Government, Nuffield College, Oxford University, England

Alex Brillantes
Associate Professor at the National College of Public Administration and Governance, University of the Phillipines

Alfred Stepan
Wallace S. Sayre Professor of Government at the Columbia University, USA

András Sajó
Professor and Chair, Comparative Constitutional Law Programs, Central European University, Hungary

Andrew Richards
Researcher and lecturer, Center for Advanced Studies in Social Sciences

Andrzej Rychard
Professor of Sociology at the Central European University, Warsaw, Poland

Anna Grzymala-Busse
(Assistant). Affiliate, Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies, Yale University, USA

Antonio Octavio Cintra
Senior Policy Analyst at the Federal Chamber of Deputies of Brazil

Barbara Stallings
Director of the Economic Development Division of United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, USA

Barry Ames
Chair of the Department of Political Science, University of Pittsburg, USA

Béatrice Hibou
Fellow at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique , France

Bolívar Lamounier
Co-founder and First President of IDESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Bruce Ackerman
Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science, Yale University, USA

Byung-Kook Kim
Professor of Government, Korea University, South Korea

Carlo Guarnieri
Professor of Political Science, University of Bologna, Italy

Christina Murray
Professor of Constitutional and Human Rights Law, University of Cape Town, South Africa

Chung-In Moon
Dean of the Graduate School of International Studies, Yonsei University, South Korea

Claus Offe
Professor of Political Science, Humboldt University, Germany

Cristina Eguizábal
Program Officer of the Human Rights and International Cooperation Unit, Ford Foundation, USA

Daniel A. Sharp
General Academic Coordinator of the CDTC. Senior Advisor

Daniel Kaufmann
Director of Global Governance at the World Bank Institute

Darina Malová
Associate Professor of Political Science at the Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia

David C. Kang
Assistant Professor, Government Department, Dartmouth College, USA

Dewi Fortuna Anwar
Associate Director for Research at The Habibie Center, Indonesia

Donatella della Porta
Professor, Political Science Department, University of Florence, Italy

Ergun Özbudun
Professor of Political Science and Chair of the Political Science Department, Bilkent University, Turkey

Ermelinda Meksi
Minister of Economic Cooperation and Trade of Albania

Ernesto Garilao
Associate Dean of the Asian Institute of Management, Philippines

Ernesto Garzón Valdés
Professor of Political Science, University of Mainz, Germany

Eugene Habiger
Former Commander in Chief of U.S. Strategic Command

Eva Bellin
Associate Professor of Government and Faculty Associate of the Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Harvard University, USA

Evgeniya Albats
Russian political analyst

Fabián Oddone
(Assistant). Researcher, University of El Rosario, Colombia

Fernando Cepeda
Former Minister of Government and Communications and Ambassador of Colombia

François Vincke
Director of the Department of Europe & International of the Belgian Business Federation, Belgium

Gabriel Cisneros
One of the `fathers` of the Spanish Constitution. Member of the Spanish Parliament

Gabriel Ortiz de Zevallos
Executive Director of the APOYO Institute, Peru

Gavin Cawthra
Professor and Director of the Defence and Security Management Programme, Wits Graduate School of Public and Development Management, South Africa

George Kastner
Senior Vice-President and Director, Global Key Client Management, Arthur D. Little Inc., USA

Grzegorz Ekiert
Professor of Government, Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies, Harvard University, USA

Grzegorz Kolodko
Former First Deputy Prenier and Minister of Finance of Poland. Director of TIGER at Kozminski School

Guillermo O`Donnell
Helen Kellog Professor of Government, University of Notre Dame, USA

Hal Klepak
Professor of Latin American History at the Royal Military College of Canada

Herbert Kitschelt
Professor of the Political Science Department, Duke University, USA

Herman Schwartz
Professor of Law, American University, USA

Hyug Baeg Im
Professor and Chairman of the Department of Political Science, Korea University, South Korea

Ian Shapiro
William R. Kenan, Jr., Professor of Political Science, Yale University, USA

Javier Corrales
Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, Amherst College, USA

Jeff Bowen
(Assistant). Researcher, Yale School of Law, USA. Student and doctoral candidate in Political Science

Jeffrey Weldon
Professor of the Department of Political Science, Instituto Tecnologico Autonomo, Mexico

Joan Nelson
Senior Scholar, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, USA

John Dugard
Emeritus Professor of Law, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa. Professor of Public Intern

Jon Elster
Robert K. Merton Professor of Social Science, Columbia University, USA

Jonathan Hartlyn
Professor of Political Science and Department Chair, University of North Carolina, USA

Joo-Youn Jung
(Assistant). Department of Political Science, Stanford University, USA

José Luis Méndez
General Coordinator of the Unit of Analysis of the Presidency of the Republic, Mexico

José María Maravall
Academic Director of the Center for Advanced Studies in Social Sciences, Juan March Institute, Madrid, Spain

Joseph Tulchin
Director of the Latin American Program at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, USA

Juan Carlos Torre
Professor of Sociology, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, Argentina

Juan Enrique Vargas
Executive Director of the Centro de Estudios de Justicia de las Américas, Chile

Karl Ove Moene
Professor, University of Oslo, Norway

Kathleen O`Neill
Assistant Professor of Government, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA

Kenneth P. Erickson
Professor of political Science at the City University of New York, USA

Klaus Von Beyme
Professor of Political Theory and Analysis, Universität Heidelberg, Germany

Kwang Woong Kim
Professor of the Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University, South Korea

Landelino Lavilla
Member of the Spanish State Council

Luc Turgeon
(Assitant). Department of Political Science, University of Toronto, Canada

LynnKhadiagala
Visiting Professor, College of William and Mary, USA.
Profesional Lecturer, American University, USA

María Carrilho
Member of the European Parliament, Portugal

María Teresa Sadek
Professor of Political Science, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil

Martin Krygier
Professor of Law, University of New South Wales, Australia

Maurizio Cotta
Professor of Political Science at the Universitá degli Studi di Siena, Italy

Miguel Á. Fernández Ordóñez
Former Secretary of State for Economy and Trade of Spain. President of the Commission on Competition of Spain.

Miklos Marschall
Executive Director of Transparency International, USA

Minxin Pei
Senior Associate, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, USA

Mónica Nagel
Minister of Justice of Costa Rica

Muthiah Alagappa
Director of the East-West Center, USA

Nancy Bermeo
Associate Professor of Politics and Director of the Graduate Studies Program, Princeton University, USA

Narcis Serra
Former Minister of Defense and Former Vice-President of the Government of Spain

Nenad Dimitrijevic
Head of the Political Science Department, Central European University, Hungary

Pedro Magalhaes
(Assistant). Instituto de Ciencias Sociais, University of Lisbon, Portugal

Pierre du Toit
Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa

Pranab Bardhan
Professor, University of California at Berkeley, USA

Rafael di Tella
Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Business, Harvard University, USA

Rafael Pardo
Former Minister of Defense of Colombia

Ralph Espach
(Assistant). Project Director, Berkeley APEC Study Center, University of California at Berkeley, USA

Raúl Benítez Manaut
Professor of Political Science and International Relations at the National University of Mexico

Ricardo Gil Lavedra
Former Minister of Justice and Human Rights of Argentina. Associate professor

Richard Simeon
Professor of Political Science and Law, University of Toronto, Canada

Roberto de Michele
Under Secretary, Department of Transparency Policies, Anticorruption Office, Argentina

Rodolfo Martín Villa
Former Minister of Interior of Spain and President of Endesa, Spain

Rut Diamint
Professor of Political Science, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Ruti Teitel
Ernst C. Stiefel Professor of Comparative Law, New York Law School, USA

Steven Fish
Associate Professor of Political Science, University of California at Berkeley, USA

Steven Holmes
Professor of Law and Politics, and Director of the Center for Russian and East European Law,
New York University School of Law, USA

Suchit Bunbongkarn
Judge of the Constitutional Court, Thailand

Susan Rose-Ackerman
Henri R. Luce Professor of Law and Political Science, Yale School of Law, USA

Thomas Biersteker
Director of the Watson Institute, USA

Thomaz Guedes da Costa
Professor of National Security Affairs at the National Defense University, USA

Tomás de la Quadra Salcedo
Former Minister of Justice of Spain. Professor of Public Administration Law, Universidad Carlos III, Madrid, Spain

Ulrich K. Preuss
Professor of Law and politics, Free University of Berlin, Germany

Valerie Bunce
Professor of Government, Cornell University, USA

Víctor Pérez-Díaz
Professor of Sociology, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain

Yash Ghai
Sir Y.K. Professor of Public Law, University of Hong Kong, China

Last edited by aronia; 16-12-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 16-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #1238
aronia

Post Club de Madrid Action on Climate Change

Club de Madrid Action on Climate Change

Mary Robinson and Benjamin Mkapa will discuss The Road to Copenhagen and beyond during the European Development Days - Stockholm 22-24 Oct. The two Club de Madrid's Members will address the issue of climate justice and the challenge for the developed and developing countries facing yet another development track. This year the EDD will bring together representatives of some 1,500 organisations from the development community together with delegates from 125 countries, including heads of state and leading world figures in an effort to discuss ways of making development aid more effective [live stream]
http://www.eudevdays.eu/event_covera...reaming_en.htm

Global Climate Week - Three Club of Madrid's members led discussions at the United Nations Summit on Climate Change on 22 September 2009, at UN Headquarters in New York. The three Members of the Club of Madrid -- Ricardo Lagos, Former President of Chile and current President of the Club of Madrid; Gro Harlem Brundtland, former Prime Minister of Norway; and Festus Mogae, former President of Botswana -- participated in their capacity as three of the four UN Special Envoys on Climate Change [More]
http://www.clubmadrid.org/cmadrid/index.php?id=1251

Global Leadership for Climate Action Rountable on Financing Low Carbon Energy in Developing Countries on 21 September 2009 in New York's Harvard Club. The event, co-hosted by the Club of Madrid and the UN Foundation and chaired by former World Bank President James Wolfensohn, took place on the eve of the UN Summit on Climate Change hosted by US Secretary General Ban Ki-moon. Among key issues discussed: Low-carbon growth to address climate change and energy security in developing countries; investments needed for low carbon development in developing countries; the private sector actors; the current financial environment impacting investment decisions for clean energy; innovative policies and public financial instruments.

Copenhagen: Climate Deal, Not Climate Market - This article is pertinent to the current climate change negotiations. Authors are Benjamin Mkapa, Member of the Club of Madrid and Former President of Tanzania, and Alexander Likhotal, Executive Vice-President of the Gorbachev Foundation of North America (GFNA) and President... [More]
http://copenhagenclimateagreement.bl...limate-market/

Club of Madrid, other World Leaders Call for Inmediate Action on Adaptation - Bonn, Germany- A task force of former heads of state and government and business and civil society leaders from more than 20 countries today released “Facilitating an International Agreement on Climate Change: Adaptation to Climate Change.” a partnership of the Club of Madrid and the UN Foundation... [More]
http://www.clubmadrid.org/cmadrid/index.php?id=1231

Club de Madrid Issues Does Urgent Appeal for Climate Justice - Oslo- Climate change is and will continue to cause a humanitarian crisis that needs to be addressed in the context of the post-2012 agreement to be negotiated in Copenhagen this coming December. To ensure climate justice, it is imperative that any outcome and actions to be agreed under the new agreement shall be... [More]
http://www.clubmadrid.org/cmadrid/index.php?id=1230

Africa Needs Massive Assistance to Play Proactive Part in Climate Change Solutions - Oslo & Madrid- Some people have seen a lot. Benjamin Mkapa, Former President of Tanzania, is among four Members of the Club of Madrid present at the "Green Technology and Finance: Striking a Fair Climate Deal" conference hosted by the Environmental Foundation Bellona and the Club of Madrid today... [More]
http://www.clubmadrid.org/cmadrid/index.php?id=1229
Old 16-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #1239
aronia

The financial and economic crisis experienced over the past two years has made manifest a much deeper and complex systemic crisis and a realignment of world forces that requires democratic leadership to move beyond the outdated and simplistic , but still present, dichotomies of East/West, Developed/Developing, Old World/New World to find new solutions. -Club De Madrid
Old 16-12-2009, 07:40 AM   #1240
aronia

Post Club de Madrid's Vice President, Mary Robinson

Club de Madrid's Vice President, Mary Robinson, named by Obama as recipient of 2009 Presidential Medal of Freedom

http://www.clubmadrid.org/cmadrid/index.php?id=1245

Madrid, 1 August 2009 - The former President of Ireland and Club de Madrid's Vice President Mary Robinson has been named by US President Barack Obama as one of the recipients of the 2009 Presidential Medal of Freedom. The Medal of Freedom is the highest US civilian honor, awarded to "individuals who make an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors."

On learning of the news Robinson said: "I am both humbled and honoured to be awarded the Medal of Freedom by President Obama. None of us achieves what we have done without the support of others, so I am aware that many other people share in this honour. It is wonderful to be recognised in such extraordinary company".

The official White House announcement is available here.

Statement by Mary Robinson on receipt of US Presidential Medal of Freedom

About the Club of Madrid

The Club of Madrid constitutes the world’s largest forum of democratic former Heads of State and Government offering today’s leaders an unequalled body of knowledge and political experience aimed at strengthening democratic values and democratic leadership around the world. In partnership with other organizations and governments that share its values and objectives, the Club de Madrid addresses issues of global concern where the voice of its members can contribute to advancing action in the international agenda. These include: Energy and Democratic Leadership and prominently within this, the objective of an effective, efficient and equitable post-2012 Climate Agreement; the Political Consequences of the Economic Crisis; Social Cohesion and Shared Societies, and; Democratic Responses to Terrorism.

The Club of Madrid also provides peer-to-peer counsel, strategic support and technical advice to leaders and institutions working towards democratic transition and consolidation.

Press Contacts at the Club of Madrid

Victor Arango
Director, Communications
[email protected]
Tel: +34 911 548 236

Silvia Pescador
Coordinator, Communications
[email protected]
Tel: +34 911 548 237