Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Other News

Old 30-07-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
banquos ghost
Inactive

Default Hans Rosling doing a tv show on poverty

AN END TO GLOBAL POVERTY?

As you currently have a priority note on our system, we thought that you might be interested to know that tickets are now available for this new show.

An infographic event with statistical legend Professor Hans Rosling.

This surprising and uplifting documentary will radically change the way you think about the state of the world and about poverty in particular.

Legendary statistician Hans Rosling is famous for his extraordinary infographics revealing the big picture about the world’s key trends. In this programme he offers real evidence of grounds for hope of an end to extreme poverty – the current condition of 1 billion people. Rosling’s extraordinary, funny and content-packed performances make him one of the world’s most sought after public speakers - he was listed in 2012 in TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World. In this film, timed to coincide with the launch at the United Nations Summit of development goals for the next generation, Rosling charts where we’ve come from, where we are and where the world is heading when it comes to the ambitious new goal of eradicating extreme poverty worldwide. The result is an evidence-based account that offers real hope for a better world. This is not just a fascinating as-live studio show brought to life with innovative and spectacular holographic-style projection technology but contains powerful human drama, with films focusing on the lives of two typical families as they face potentially life-changing events – one in Malawi and the other in Cambodia.

Rosling’s 2013 BBC programme Don’t Panic - The Truth about Population - a similar format to the new film - won the RTS Journalism Prize for Innovation. His The Joy of Stats won the Grierson Award for Best Science/Natural History. The sequence ‘200 countries, 200 years, 4 minutes’ from that film remains a viral sensation – viewed nearly 7m times.

If you would like to join us at 6.35pm on Friday 28th August at The ITV London Studios for an entertaining and informative night, then apply now!

OK, who is he and where is this going?? (Or need I ask?)

Last edited by banquos ghost; 30-07-2015 at 01:13 PM.
banquos ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #2
grannie27

Professor Hans Rosling
The world might not be as bad as you might believe!

“Don’t Panic” is a one-hour long documentary produced by Wingspan Productions and broadcasted on BBC on the 7th of November 2013.

http://www.gapminder.org/videos/dont...ut-population/
grannie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
silent revolution

Location: The vale of Tamesis. Love is life and life is love.

A mechanism to install further cognitive dissonance in the population? 'Things may seem gloomy people, but actually things are getting better for everyone'.

I don't watch tv so I won't be watching it, but it sounds like just another programming tool to slight of hand people into believing that everything that is happening right now is for our own benefit. What people should be doing is taking a sledge hammer to their tv's so that they might be able to start to see the world more as it really is. Unfortunately I think people feel they are missing out if they don't watch the tv.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom friends
Old 30-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #4
grannie27

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent revolution View Post
A mechanism to install further cognitive dissonance in the population? 'Things may seem gloomy people, but actually things are getting better for everyone'.

I don't watch tv so I won't be watching it, but it sounds like just another programming tool to slight of hand people into believing that everything that is happening right now is for our own benefit. What people should be doing is taking a sledge hammer to their tv's so that they might be able to start to see the world more as it really is. Unfortunately I think people feel they are missing out if they don't watch the tv.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom friends
Quote:
What people should be doing is taking a sledge hammer to their tv's so that they might be able to start to see the world more as it really is
I agree with this ...but We also need to watch some TV (I do it online) to understand why people act the way they do, once fed the daily Dose of Bullshit .
grannie27 is offline   Reply With Quote