Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 02-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #1
tnt1

Default It was "Cannabos" Not "Kalabos"

The holy anointing oil used by Jesus was composed of cannabis as the main ingredient! Bible shocker! they mistook cinnamon for cannabis
tnt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:15 PM   #2
elshaper

I doubt it tnt. It's dailystar.
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:27 AM   #3
oneriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
I doubt it tnt. It's dailystar.
It's not just the Daily Star.

Lot's of evidence that the holy anointing oil talked about in the bible contained cannabis.
Quote:

THE BIBLE and CALAMUS vs. CANNABIS

Posted on October 15, 2015 by lkempen

With the Hebrew words for “calamus” and “cannabis” so similar, and the fact that calamus is of lesser value and also toxic, we must question the validity of the term “calamus” in English versions of Scripture.

The word calamus is found in the KJV three times:
Exodus 30:23 God telling Moses the formula for the anointing oil (250 shekels worth.)
KJV-sweet calamus
NKJV-sweet-smelling cane
ESV-aromatic cane
NASB-fragrant cane
Song of Solomon 4:14, speaking of it in a refreshing garden
Ezekiel 27:19 speaking of cane as merchandise.

The KJV translates the Hebrew word “qaneh” (pronounced kaw-naw’) into “calamus.” Per Strong’s Concordance, “qaneh” means “a reed (as erect); by resemblance a rod (especially for measuring) shaft, tube, stem, (the radius of the arm) beam (of a steelyard): – balance, bone, branch, calamus, cane, reed, spearman, stalk.”

The Hebrew word for “calamus” is “kanah bosm,” which is plural. The singular for this is “kaneh bos,” which sounds remarkably close the modern word “cannabis.”

According to Webster’s New Hebrew dictionary, the current Hebrew word for cannabis is “kanabos.”
Thus, contentions that the KJV possibly interpreted the Hebrew word incorrectly as “calamus” warrant consideration.

If Exodus 30:23 is referring to a monetary value of calamus or cannabis, the “250 shekels” is approximately $125.00 worth (which is 2.5 cents/gerah X 20 gerahs/shekel X 250 shekels in Ex30:23) which is a considerable amount.
* Per the ATS Bible Dictionary (and others), a shekel is a term for either weight or currency (a coin.) A shekel is worth 20 gerahs. A gerah is the smallest weight or coin among the Jews, and worth about two and a half cents.

If the 250 shekels is referring to weight, instead of coinage, it is a considerable amount of whatever it is the KJV is referring to as “calamus.”

While cannabis is non-toxic (not a single death has ever been directly attributed to it, despite much effort being given to document such a fatality), calamus is most definitely a toxin. The FDA banned calamus from uses in food and medicines in 1968 as calamus contains more than 75% asarone. Asarone is a poison which has been shown to cause cancer, and has ill effects on heart, liver and kidney functions. This toxin in callamus is used for pest control. Why would God specify a large quantity of a poison be used in holy anointing oil?
https://standingupfortruth.wordpress...s-vs-cannabis/
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto

Last edited by oneriver; 03-07-2018 at 06:27 AM.
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneriver View Post
The Hebrew word for “calamus” is “kanah bosm,” which is plural. The singular for this is “kaneh bos,” which sounds remarkably close the modern word “cannabis.”
LOL stretching a bit.

Think about it, the royals are jewish so why KJV contains a mistake?
But I understand if the 'mistake' was introduced on purposes since the original receipe was never to be introduced outside the temple.

Best thing to do is to test it out for yourself.

Proportion of the Jewish Holy Oil from the Bible:
Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred [shekels], and of sweet cinnamon half so much, [even] two hundred and fifty [shekels], and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty [shekels], And of cassia five hundred [shekels], after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin: And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compounded after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil. (Exodus 30:22-33)
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

A Town Cursed by Jesus

Last edited by elshaper; 03-07-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #5
oneriver

Quote:
LOL stretching a bit.
I think the stretch would have to made for an argument against Kaneh Bos being Cannabis.

We know Cannabis was widely used long before biblical times.

We know Cannabis has many medicinal properties.

Given these two facts why is such a stretch to believe they were using it during biblical times?
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Old 03-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #6
elshaper

Quote:
I think the stretch would have to made for an argument against Kaneh Bos being Cannabis.

We know Cannabis was widely used long before biblical times.

We know Cannabis has many medicinal properties.

Given these two facts why is such a stretch to believe they were using it during biblical times?
I agree that they sounds similar in English word.
But you need an understanding of Hebrew spelling.
My point is translation isn't based on how it sounds. Just because Jewish word Kaneh Bos sounds similar to English word Cannabis, doesn't equate the translation mistake.
Supposing what I am about to write after this sentence is all in Hebrew.

1. Kaneh Bos (Calamus in English)
2. Kanneh Boz (Cannabis in English)

If for some reason that the original script, writing was smudged or unclear (happens with antient texts) and extra 'N' or swapping of S to Z changes the meaning of the word...yes. But not on the basis of sound.

Do you speak/write Hebrew?

Do you think Jewish scholars would have also made translation error since their knowledge of their own language is insufficient?
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...dus-chapter-30

A Town Cursed by Jesus

Last edited by elshaper; 03-07-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #7
oneriver

Quote:
I agree that they sounds similar in English word.
But you need an understanding of Hebrew spelling.
My point is translation isn't based on how it sounds. Just because Jewish word Kaneh Bos sounds similar to English word Cannabis, doesn't equate the translation mistake.
Supposing what I am about to write after this sentence is all in Hebrew.

1. Kaneh Bos (Calamus in English)
2. Kanneh Boz (Cannabis in English)

If for some reason that the original script, writing was smudged or unclear (happens with antient texts) and extra 'N' or swapping of S to Z changes the meaning of the word...yes. But not on the basis of sound.

Do you speak/write Hebrew?

Do you think Jewish scholars would have also made translation error since their knowledge of their own language is insufficient?
https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...dus-chapter-30
I think you know I don't speak or write Hebrew.. Perhaps it was a rhetorical question.

It was Bacon and his KJV crew who translated the Hebrew word “qaneh” (pronounced kaw-naw’) into “calamus.”

Quote:

According to Webster’s New Hebrew dictionary, the current Hebrew word for cannabis is “kanabos.”
Thus, contentions that the KJV possibly interpreted the Hebrew word incorrectly as “calamus” warrant consideration.

Also, take into account that 'sweet cane' was a plant with very little (if any) monetary value and certainly no medicinal value.

Ezekiel 27:18-19 talks of calamus as merchandise, if this was just sweet cane what was it's value? why was it been traded when it has literally no commercial value as a plant?

Quote:
18 Damascus was thy merchant in the multitude of the wares of thy making, for the multitude of all riches; in the wine of Helbon, and white wool. 19 Dan also and Javan going to and fro occupied in thy fairs: bright iron, cassia, and calamus, were in thy market.

Old 03-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #8
elshaper

Quote:
I think you know I don't speak or write Hebrew.. Perhaps it was a rhetorical question.

It was Bacon and his KJV crew who translated the Hebrew word “qaneh” (pronounced kaw-naw’) into “calamus.”

Also, take into account that 'sweet cane' was a plant with very little (if any) monetary value and certainly no medicinal value.

Ezekiel 27:18-19 talks of calamus as merchandise, if this was just sweet cane what was it's value? why was it been traded when it has literally no commercial value as a plant?
The oil was not made for medicinal purpose but one of ritual.
Depending on the purpose, one would even use dog shit if need be.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 03-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #9
oneriver

Quote:
The oil was not made for medicinal purpose but one of ritual.
Depending on the purpose, one would even use dog shit if need be.
Now you are stretching and you are not correct in your assertion that the oil was only for ritual and not for healing.

Oil was used to heal according to the bible.The bible claims Jesus and Co used 'anointing oil' to heal the sick...

Quote:
They drove out many demons and anointed many sick people with oil and healed them.
Mark 6:13
Quote:
Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.
James 5:14

Old 03-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #10
elshaper

Quote:
Now you are stretching and you are not correct in your assertion that the oil was only for ritual and not for healing.

Oil was used to heal according to the bible.The bible claims Jesus and Co used 'anointing oil' to heal the sick...
There you go. Words use such as 'driving out demons' is a part of the ritual. It may be part of healing but not in conventional way like you'd apply anti-fungal cream. Also, 'annointing' gives you the tone of spiritual/ritualistic nature.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 03-07-2018, 08:31 PM   #11
oneriver

Quote:
There you go. Words use such as 'driving out demons' is a part of the ritual. It may be part of healing but not in conventional way like you'd apply anti-fungal cream. Also, 'annointing' gives you the tone of spiritual/ritualistic nature.
Either way...

Quote:
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 1:29

Old 04-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #12
elshaper

Pot smokers...

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 05-07-2018, 07:08 AM   #13
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Translations of ancient texts are always up the spout. They are only what the translators thought the words meant.
Heaven help anyone in the future trying to decipher text messages from millenials, - even I can't do that one.

Last edited by grimstock; 05-07-2018 at 07:09 AM.
grimstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:20 AM   #14
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimstock View Post
Translations of ancient texts are always up the spout. They are only what the translators thought the words meant.
Heaven help anyone in the future trying to decipher text messages from millenials, - even I can't do that one.
This is apparent even when you try to translate a current modern text!
You will find it difficult to explain a word when such words does not exist in the other language so the translator needs to use his/her own discretion to choose many words to describe such word.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 05-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #15
tnt1

"Torah's words can be given for 70 different meanings so consider that someone with a previous bias toward one meaning or phrase would tend to lean that way. But there is just one, which the church and the Jewish scholars surely have, which is their literal meaning. This from, " Rashi de Troyes- Jewish exegete 10th/11th century A.D.
tnt1 is online now   Reply With Quote