Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Universe / UFOs / IFOs / Crop Circles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #621
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegroup View Post
To the Egyptians who drew pictures of Osiris, he was very real. Though at some stage, somebody crafted that religion that they blindly followed.

Is your argument "because they drew him green, he must have been based on an alien visitation"? The colour is supposed to represent rebirth.

I think EP has pretty much nailed the claims about aliens depicted in their culture - amazing what a bit of study on a subject can do

Well this is a bit of a turn up! Cheers!
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #622
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegroup View Post
amazing what a bit of study on a subject can do
Very true, but it depends what sources you choose to think are valid to study.
for example you and ES will study mainstream sources they have taught at Uni over the years...

anything outside of that to you guys is not worthy of study.

some of the conclusions Egyptologists have come to is extremely vague and this is often due to their limited scope on understanding them... We know that most of the civilization was wiped away and destroyed by religious governments.. we can only make out whats left over, and we can compare alot to other civilizations that while still many years apart still supported similar philosophies and stories of creation...

Today people like Graham Hancock show you what you can come up with if you "study" while peeking out from that little box.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #623
brucel
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,081
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Well this is a bit of a turn up! Cheers!
a backhand compliment but nonetheless it shows a gracious/humble side of TG which is refreshing

*barack obama and MLK jr. should be celebrated everyday !!!


brucel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #624
dr steam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 382 (234 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
It's an absolute corker.

I have Von Danken's book at home too. I read it and took it all at face value.

Funny thing is, when you read something and it seems to be an exciting and interesting theory, you have no reason to imagine the guy is lying to you.

I mean the book was published and distributed and millions of people bought it, it has 'bestseller' written on the cover, so it acquires authority and you don't question it.

Until you read SOMETHING else that makes you reconsider all your assumptions.

That 'Story' book, like the Chris White video, is exactly that.

Makes you think 'hey, how come I never figured that out myself'??


Nowadays my opinion of Von Daniken is very low indeed. The worst kind of shyster hustler and conman. And he's made a mint has the old scumbag.

Probably one of these conscienceless sociopaths who don't care about anyone and anything else apart from their own well being and comfort.
I know exactly what you mean, you acquire knowledge as layer upon layer and with time in this process, there will automatically be a paradox that you must reject what you before thought of in the context of new knowledge, this is where the independent and open-minded recognize. But it is clear that the more one has been spoon fed with this throughout one's upbringing the harder it to admit...

René Descartes 31 March 1596 – 11 February 1650
Quote:
Descartes believes the first and most logical principle of knowledge is philosophy. With this said, he wants to set up his apodictic foundation. He starts out by declaring that anything probable must be considered false, and only what is certain can be true. Since most of what we learn is just what other people tell us, we must reject it because it is not certain.

Rather than going out into the world to find knowledge, Descartes want us to go inside ourselves. It is only once we have denied all falsehoods resulting from the outside world that we can begin a new structure of logic based strictly on definite truths. In order for our foundation to be firm, we must find a point which is certain and this point is within ourselves. From this point our judgements must be based on reason or we'll need to back track until we are once again certain. For many people this may mean completely starting over and questioning everything.
Doubt in everything but trust in much...


Unfortunately, it appears that the majority who make money on this theme run after a particular pattern and as you rightly mention with some certain connections to elitist and con/intelligence environment I could imagine from the disinformation / mass manipulation department...
__________________
"To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.”
― Timothy Leary

Last edited by dr steam; 21-01-2013 at 09:19 PM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #625
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

seems you guys prefer talking to each other... assurance is a comforting thing.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #626
petermay
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sweden but born in England
Posts: 290
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Sic transit gloria mundi
petermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #627
riseaquarius
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,203
Likes: 10 (6 Posts)
Default

Interrogatio mea non audierunt, sed alienis respondetur.
__________________

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King

Last edited by riseaquarius; 22-01-2013 at 08:36 PM.
riseaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #628
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseaquarius View Post
Interrogatio mea non audierunt, sed alienis respondetur.


Last edited by truthspoon; 22-01-2013 at 08:39 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #629
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseaquarius View Post
Interrogatio mea non audierunt, sed alienis respondetur.
Can't you give it a rest with the aliens huh?
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #630
riseaquarius
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,203
Likes: 10 (6 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate
Can't you give it a rest with the aliens huh?
Without reaching a compromise? Just like a politician.

Sure, but ancient aliens has not been debunked.
__________________

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King
riseaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #631
riseaquarius
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,203
Likes: 10 (6 Posts)
Default

Debunk this, Chris White.

__________________

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King
riseaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #632
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseaquarius View Post
Debunk this, Chris White.


Levitated Mass (Mind Blowing) - YouTube
Two words:

Thunder Stone.

http://blogs.artinfo.com/lacmonfire/...russian-style/


Quote:
Los Angeles County Museum on Fire
William Poundstone on Art and Chaos
William Poundstone’s Los Angeles County Museum on Fire
March 5, 2012, 6:55 am
Levitating a Monolith, Russian Style
7
Comments

The LACMA-bound boulder, to be the focal point of Michael Heizer’s Levitated Mass, will be the largest moved monolith in the Western Hemisphere. But it’s not the biggest humanly moved rock by a long shot. Consider the 1250-ton Thunder Stone in St. Petersburg, Russia. It’s the base for the famous Bronze Horseman, Étienne Maurice Falconet’s equestrian statue of Peter the Great (1782). Besides being over three times heavier, the Thunder Stone has a green credential the Heizer Rock lacks: It was moved by human power only.

Catherine the Great had married into the royal line and grabbed the reins of power before her late husband’s body was cold. She decided she needed a heroic statue of Peter the Great to legitimize her rule. Her art-advisor friend, Denis Diderot, suggested Falconet. The project came to encompass a red granite boulder as pedestal. The chosen boulder had to be moved four miles and then carried by barge up the Neva River. A 1770 color engraving by I.F. Schley after a drawing by Y. M. Felten (top of post; via the Observatoire du Land Art), gives the basic method.

The first thing you notice about the print is that there are people riding on the rock. A lot of people. Falconet wanted to shape the rock to emphasize its resemblance to a cliff. Since the shaping would reduce the weight, the sculptor figured it would make sense to do it before the move. Catherine was too impatient for that. She decreed a fast-track plan in which stone cutters would work the rock even as it was being pulled by Russian muscle.

The transport method, devised by Greek-Russian engineer Marinos Carburis, had the boulder resting on ball bearings—bronze spheres about 6 inches in diameter—that sat in metal tracks. The bottom part of the track had to be continually torn up from behind and rebuilt in front of the slowing advancing rock. To pull the rock forward, two teams of 32 strong men rotated a spool that wound up cables attached to the boulder. The move began in Russian winter, lest the boulder and apparatus sink into the marshy soil. The Thunder Stone took nine months to get to St. Petersburg.

A few comparatives:

Weight of granite boulder: Maybe 1500 tons or more, originally, and 1250 as reduced (St. Petersburg) v. 340 tons (Los Angeles)

Length of transport apparatus: 330 ft. of track (St. Petersburg) v. 200 ft. transporter (Los Angeles)

Length of route: 14 miles, of which 4 were on land (St. Petersburg) v. 105 miles on surface streets (Los Angeles)

Daily progress: 1/10 mile per day (St. Petersburg) v. 9.5 miles per night (Los Angeles)

Cost of the move: a claimed 70,000 rubles (St. Petersburg) v. an alleged $10 million (Los Angeles). I don’t know what a ruble was worth in 1769-70. Today 70,000 rubles is only $2385.

Artist’s visibility: Zero (St. Petersburg and Los Angeles). Reported the L.A. Times: “Noticeably missing from Tuesday night’s festivities marking the beginning of the rock’s trip was the reclusive artist, who lives in Nevada. ’There’s nothing he can really do to help now,’ said LACMA Director Michael Govan. ‘But he’s excited.’”

Falconet was not present at the completion of the Bronze Horseman (below, Vasily Ivanovich Surikov’s painting of the monument). He’d had a falling out with Catherine. In later years, Catherine spoke of the Bronze Horseman as a creation of her own incomparable genius, and Falconet’s name was not to be spoken.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #633
riseaquarius
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,203
Likes: 10 (6 Posts)
Default

Government-approved history aside, what we actually know is that Levitated Mass was a bitch to move with modern machinery.

Furthermore the rocks in the video are a hundred times larger and more ancient than your questionable 17th century examples.


You're right about one thing though: The further you go back in time, the more spectacular and unexplainable things start to get.


1. Someone is covering up our history..

2. it's the same mother fuckers that run all the other conspiracies..

3. These mother fuckers also hide aliens through the military industrial complex.


Add them up and what do you get??

Aliens are a fact of history and our governments are probably alien.

Now all we need to do is get more people to realize it.
__________________

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King

Last edited by riseaquarius; 24-01-2013 at 10:31 AM.
riseaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #634
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseaquarius View Post
Government-approved history aside, what we actually know is that Levitated Mass was a bitch to move with modern machinery.

Furthermore the rocks in the video are a hundred times larger and more ancient than your questionable 17th century examples.


You're right about one thing though: The further you go back in time, the more spectacular and unexplainable things start to get.


1. Someone is covering up our history..

2. it's the same mother fuckers that run all the other conspiracies..

3. These mother fuckers also hide aliens through the military industrial complex.


Add them up and what do you get??

Aliens are a fact of history and our governments are probably alien.

Now all we need to do is get more people to realize it.
I do believe that most empires and civilisations have a ET back bone.. A blood line that is protected and an agenda built around its history.

When thinking about aliens i can only presume there are vast amounts out there.. But there also seems to be this mind set much like the images posted on this thread that aliens must have two heads or a 2 foot fingers..

When its quite possible they looked much like us with very subtle differences that have been watered down further with interbreeding..

People are so brainwashed by all the religious mumbo jumbo, they cant fathom the gods of ancient times being real beings.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #635
oooooooooo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: in the cover of a smoke grenade.
Posts: 3,014
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Von Daniken is such a bullshitter and all of his theories are soundly trounced and exposed as based on ignorance and fantasy .
this i cannot let slip by without comment.

to say "all of his theories are soundly trounced" only proves you have not read all of Von Danikens work.

As Im sure you are aware Von Daniken also explores the sudden emergence of intelligent "humans" ( term used for simplicity ), he questions the mainstream idea of "tool making" and a "meat diet" resulting in an unatural rapid expansion of brain processing power, citing the unapparent mental evolution of other "tool users" and "meat eaters".

Not only is there an unexplained jump in intelligence ( this word is used for simplicity again as the organic matter within the skull also has to evolve over time ), but the natural physical timeline for organic brain growth does not support the "evolution" theory when applied to the cognitive and organic growth at a natural pace compared to other similiar life forms on earth.

of course his angle is of meddling space gods. Fair play to him.


I could not watch the whole 3 hours as cherry picked arguments could just as easily be turned back onto "mainstream science" regarding ancient history, there is also much straw cluthing and suspension of disbelief required. (so many holes in this presentation i decided not to start for the sake of time).

anyway, im glad you belive its an "open and shut case", but for me the arguments and "evidence" were fairly weak.
oooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #636
oooooooooo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: in the cover of a smoke grenade.
Posts: 3,014
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

a picture of Armstrong following up the information from Von Danikens book "gold of the gods".

nothing more just thought that interesting.

oooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #637
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooooooo View Post
.

anyway, im glad you belive its an "open and shut case", but for me the arguments and "evidence" were fairly weak.
All I need do is point you in the direction of the following book:

The Space God's revealed, Ronald Story.

However if you have a specific one of Daniken's claims I will try to tackle it for you.

Though I take issue with the idea that humans suddenly emerged..


It would be far more accurate to say that civilisation suddenly emerged.


It's clear Von Daniken has an agenda. I don't trust a man who has lied time and time again, he is totally irrelevant.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #638
oooooooooo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: in the cover of a smoke grenade.
Posts: 3,014
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
All I need do is point you in the direction of the following book:

The Space God's revealed, Ronald Story.

However if you have a specific one of Daniken's claims I will try to tackle it for you.

Though I take issue with the idea that humans suddenly emerged..


It would be far more accurate to say that civilisation suddenly emerged.


It's clear Von Daniken has an agenda. I don't trust a man who has lied time and time again, he is totally irrelevant.
"However if you have a specific one of Daniken's claims I will try to tackle it for you."
the very rapid unatural expansion and sophistication of the "human "mind in the early stages of development compared to other tool using meat eaters who have not evolved as rapidly even after evolving for a much longer time period.

"It's clear Von Daniken has an agenda"
yes, to sell books that support his ideas.

"The Space God's revealed, Ronald Story", is this book free ?

Or does jo public have to pay for this gentlemens opinion also?
oooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #639
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooooooo View Post
"However if you have a specific one of Daniken's claims I will try to tackle it for you."
the very rapid unatural expansion and sophistication of the "human "mind in the early stages of development compared to other tool using meat eaters who have not evolved as rapidly even after evolving for a much longer time period.
This isn't solely Daniken's thesis.

But presumably the inference is that we were designed by aliens?

Well there are holy books that call these beings Gods.

Personally I ascribe a more 'spiritual' attitude to human development and it may well be that tales of the Garden of Eden and the serpent, or the tale of Prometheus teaching humans the use of fire may well have something in them.

But it's all mere conjecture and cannot be proved either way.

However there seems to be more evidence for tales of Gods and demons than one flying space men.

If there is some truth to any of this, it is less a question of beings from distance planets travelling in spaceships, but more a question of beings who are here, have always been here, and are just waiting for certain humans to access the right form of perception, in order to contact them.

I believe these beings are disembodied spirit entities and it is they who have taught mankind the skills he has today.

Whether this was a good idea or not...... perhaps it wasn't, the planet is groaning under the weight of the human burden and the rest of various life-forms which once existed have been destroyed to make way for man's dominance.

Whatever these beings are which have assisted mankind's development, they have put dangerous weapons in the hands of children.



It could of course merely be that early humans learned one clever trick which made their survival and development instantly much easier.

The discovery of fire would be one such trick. One can imagine very rapid changes as a result of perhaps a very elementary discovery.

Last edited by truthspoon; 25-01-2013 at 04:29 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #640
oooooooooo
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: in the cover of a smoke grenade.
Posts: 3,014
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
This isn't solely Daniken's thesis.

But presumably the inference is that we were designed by aliens?

Well there are holy books that call these beings Gods.

Personally I ascribe a more 'spiritual' attitude to human development and it may well be that tales of the Garden of Eden and the serpent, or the tale of Prometheus teaching humans the use of fire may well have something in them.

But it's all mere conjecture and cannot be proved either way.

However there seems to be more evidence for tales of Gods and demons than one flying space men.

If there is some truth to any of this, it is less a question of beings from distance planets travelling in spaceships, but more a question of beings who are here, have always been here, and are just waiting for certain humans to access the right form of perception, in order to contact them.

I believe these beings are disembodied spirit entities and it is they who have taught mankind the skills he has today.

Whether this was a good idea or not...... perhaps it wasn't, the planet is groaning under the weight of the human burden and the rest of various life-forms which once existed have been destroyed to make way for man's dominance.

Whatever these beings are which have assisted mankind's development, they have put dangerous weapons in the hands of children.



It could of course merely be that early humans learned one clever trick which made their survival and development instantly much easier.

The discovery of fire would be one such trick. One can imagine very rapid changes as a result of perhaps a very elementary discovery.
the discovery of fire would not alter the rate of neurological development of the organic volume of the brain.
this change occured so quickly (in evolutionary terms) that it cannot be explained, and the fact that this change by passed all other tool using meat eaters over a greater time span has no rational explanation.

if "humans" were governed by the same evolutionary laws that govern all animals then our development is nothing short of unexplained if constrained within modern accepted "wisdom".

you say god.
Von Daniken says aliens.
i say they could be one of the same.
oooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.