Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Universe / UFOs / IFOs / Crop Circles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #601
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
There is false info not just on the internet, but in most history books and religious accounts... the internet has just made it harder ignore info that has been thrown about.

You are not a researcher or interested in the subject, you are a debunker which is why you are literally telling people to throw all the babies out when you wash away some dirty water.

UFO sightings, depictions and even photos have existed before the internet, they have also been depicted in art putting forward an implication of UFOs being in a religious context. its there for people to see or ignore and buy into fake history or Religious dogma.

you debunkers work so hard trying to smear evidence you forget that what you are also actually doing is presenting the fact that unless you sit down and have tea and cup cakes with an Alien at your dinner table then its actually impossible to prove they are in existence.

This is why when I ask you debunkers what evidence you would like, its tricky to answer.

do believe in religious scripture or do you think it was fantasy?
I don't agree with some of David's ideas about aliens the same way you don't agree with some of David's ideas about Crowley. Can't we be allowed to have our own opinions without the self appointed 'New-Age Inquistion' descending on anyone who questions any of theories that come up here?

And dude, why are you so obsessed with religion? Every post you have to bang on about and try to pigeon hole people.

Why don't you discuss the topic mate instead of discussing people?


Come on, I've done lots of work here. It would be nice if my adversaries in this conversation could show me the same courtesy.

Last edited by truthspoon; 20-01-2013 at 04:00 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #602
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
I don't agree with some of David's ideas about aliens the same way you don't agree with some of David's ideas about Crowley. Can't we be allowed to have our own opinions without the self appointed 'New-Age Inquistion' descending on anyone who questions any of theories that come up here?
Cant we? well that depends on you as well mate.

You support Christianity and back its claims. In doing so you imply that Alien claims are fantasy and hoax or even deliberate deception.

the question i am interested in is as I have asked... Why are Angles, Demons, Nephelim, Jesus and his magical acts reality, yet Aliens a fantasy?

Because with your logic an angels flying down from the sky telling Marry she has just had a virgin conception is more logical than a being from another place coming to earth in a flying craft.

I am just looking at it with a blank sheet and seeing what makes more sense.

If people want to believe in Christ and all those remarkable feats of science then that's fine, But if they are aloud to believe such feats then why are people who believe Aliens were around loons?

Quote:
And dude, why are you so obsessed with religion? Every post you have to bang on about and try to pigeon hole people.
Because its a very relevant subject.

And why you keep asking why we are talking about it when we are discussing this subject is just silly mate. the claim is that these Gods were Aliens, and you going to stand there and ask me why im talking about religion? ... This is why it comes across as you want to snip that part out because you are fully aware of the fact these Gods of the past may well have been real beings that were not of planet earth.

Quote:
Why don't you discuss the topic mate instead of discussing people?
EP, you know me well enough now to know that shit to work with me ... I am VERY much on topic. You can be very Bossy EP, you are not the god of this thread and control what points people can and cant raise.

Quote:
Come on, I've done lots of work here. It would be nice if my adversaries in this conversation could show me the same courtesy.
lol, very poor mate.

Rather than tell us what we should not talk about why not actually address the points raised?, I think you know very well that the "Gods" of many religions would actually make more sense if depicted as Aliens than some mystical gods than can apparently walk on water.

Have you actually watched AA?, you are aware the implication is that Ancient religions including Christianity may well be depictions of ancient Aliens? ..... as if not then maybe go and watch the program? , you have probably sat through more of Christ Whites footage than the program its self..

If you had said "I dont want to discuss those points" then fair enough but dont try and bullshit me that they are not relevant points lol

Last edited by thirdwave; 20-01-2013 at 05:39 PM.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #603
petermay
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sweden but born in England
Posts: 290
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
There is false info not just on the internet, but in most history books and religious accounts... the internet has just made it harder ignore info that has been thrown about.

You are not a researcher or interested in the subject, you are a debunker which is why you are literally telling people to throw all the babies out when you wash away some dirty water.

UFO sightings, depictions and even photos have existed before the internet, they have also been depicted in art putting forward an implication of UFOs being in a religious context. its there for people to see or ignore and buy into fake history or Religious dogma.

you debunkers work so hard trying to smear evidence you forget that what you are also actually doing is presenting the fact that unless you sit down and have tea and cup cakes with an Alien at your dinner table then its actually impossible to prove they are in existence.

This is why when I ask you debunkers what evidence you would like, its tricky to answer.

do believe in religious scripture or do you think it was fantasy?

Forgive me if I do not have the intellectual wherewithal to address your comments, you did though ask me once what would it take for me to believe that ET exists.

This may sound pretty brutal, but for me, conclusive evidence for ET would mean dragging the poor green, grey, Rigilian, Orionian,Vegan et al, onto a BBC TV set beamed live worldwide and have him thoroughly worked over by David Frost and Stephen Sackur, this would be proof positive beyond a doubt, and at the same time provide a reason why all the aliens I have seen on utube are dickless, especially the US versions. After he has spilled the beans about all the secret alien bases in the UK, the government could go out, clean up, franchise the saucer technology to BAE systems and England would become a Super power again, great. He would though, be one of the ones who quite by chance hasn't been covered up, (by the powers that be) and slipped through the administrative “cracks” so to speak. It might be a loss for ET, but a giant leap for the U.K, and payback for all the abductees, Barny and Betty ,war of the worlds, Tripods, V, independence day, and Predator. Who said Hollywood didn’t get it right!

Last edited by petermay; 20-01-2013 at 06:16 PM.
petermay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #604
riseaquarius
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,203
Likes: 10 (6 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermay
Information has been lost, but if something is hidden how do we know someone hid it?
Because too much of it has been deliberately destroyed or is mysteriously missing to be coincidence. The library of Alexandria, for instance.

Governments today still suppress information like this for 'national security' reasons and have been witnessed by thousands of people doing it.

If something is discovered which archeologists cannot explain without aliens, they simply ignore it.

Given the overwhelming evidence of alien coverups today, its reasonable to assume aliens are a historical fact.
Quote:
Smithsonian.com science writer Brian Switek was extremely critical of the series,
particularly an episode that suggested "aliens exterminated dinosaurs to make way for our species".
He characterized the show as "some of the most noxious sludge in television’s bottomless chum bucket."

What exactly is wrong with this theory, anyways? It does look that way you know.

Once again all I see is some elitist tool shitting on an alien theory without any attempt to disprove it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAquarius
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate
Osiris is NOT a green alien, he's lord of the underworld.
So is he real or imagined?

I just can't get past the fact that you're using supernatural being A to disprove supernatural being B.
Your hit and run bullshit is getting old, edelweiss.

Please answer the question in red so we can get to the bottom of this.
__________________

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King

Last edited by riseaquarius; 20-01-2013 at 10:40 PM.
riseaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #605
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermay View Post
Forgive me if I do not have the intellectual wherewithal to address your comments, you did though ask me once what would it take for me to believe that ET exists.
It was actually more than once.... I gave up as I assumed it was a question that did not interest you.

Quote:
This may sound pretty brutal, but for me, conclusive evidence for ET would mean dragging the poor green, grey, Rigilian, Orionian,Vegan et al, onto a BBC TV set beamed live worldwide and have him thoroughly worked over by David Frost and Stephen Sackur, this would be proof positive beyond a doubt, and at the same time provide a reason why all the aliens I have seen on utube are dickless, especially the US versions.
In other words if the powers that are set up to cover up or manipulate the truth about Aliens then it would be impossible to prove such things to someone like you...

not really sure where we can go from there.

Quote:
After he has spilled the beans about all the secret alien bases in the UK, the government could go out, clean up, franchise the saucer technology to BAE systems and England would become a Super power again, great. He would though, be one of the ones who quite by chance hasn't been covered up, (by the powers that be) and slipped through the administrative “cracks” so to speak. It might be a loss for ET, but a giant leap for the U.K, and payback for all the abductees, Barny and Betty ,war of the worlds, Tripods, V, independence day, and Predator. Who said Hollywood didn’t get it right!
If the government ever revel Aliens and present them, then I guess debating with you from then on may have some substance, but at this stage I think its pretty clear you simply have no interest in assessing the concept of a cover up... which is your choice of course. But while there is no disclosure and only claims of a cover up, im not sure what the point is.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #606
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermay View Post
Information has been lost, but if something is hidden how do we know someone hid it?
you are being ignorant to the fact that the powers of the world have authority of what is excepted into the political and mainstream spectrum.

for example not everyone involved has covered it up, but the people who have the power to make such cases irrelevant and ignored remain happy to cover it up and ignore it.

When an astronaut says he has seen a flying saucer then its not been covered up. When NASA ignore him, then it is.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #607
dr steam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 382 (234 Posts)
Default Manipulative "mainstream" entertainment...




Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
you are being ignorant to the fact that the powers of the world have authority of what is excepted into the political and mainstream spectrum. .
Thank God they did not get their hands on Hollywood and the rest of the brainwashing and manipulative "mainstream" entertainment industry...



__________________
"To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.”
― Timothy Leary

Last edited by dr steam; 21-01-2013 at 12:01 AM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #608
dr steam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 382 (234 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam View Post



Thank God they did not get their hands on Hollywood and the rest of the brainwashing and manipulative "mainstream" entertainment industry...



"History, formerly known as The History Channel, is a US-based international satellite and cable TV channel owned by A&E Television Networks. It originally broadcast documentary programs and historical fiction series. However since 2008, it has mostly broadcast a variety of scripted reality television series and other nonhistory-related content."

A+E Networks
"A&E Television Networks (Doing business as A+E Networks and formerly also known as AETN) is an American media company that owns a group of television channels available via cable & satellite in the US and abroad. A&E stands for Arts & Entertainment. The company is a joint venture between Hearst Corporation and Disney-ABC Television Group, a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company. NBCUniversal was also a part of the joint venture, with Hearst and Disney each owning a 42.5% stake and NBCUniversal owning a 15% stake, but in July 2012, NBCUniversal confirmed plans to sell its 15.8% stake in A+E Networks to Disney and Hearst, who will become 50-50 partners in the joint
venture"

I apologize for this double post---:-) it has been a long weekend...
__________________
"To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.”
― Timothy Leary

Last edited by dr steam; 21-01-2013 at 12:44 AM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #609
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam View Post





Thank God they did not get their hands on Hollywood and the rest of the brainwashing and manipulative "mainstream" entertainment industry...




Ahhh do you mean like Ancient Aliens with a lot of very debunkable "info" ?

And now we all know that star trek and star wars has made aliens house
Hold knowlege! :/

Just so you known the theory of aliens interacting with earth has been around alot longer than both the history channel and ancient aliens ..

If TV did not keep up with the internet it would go out of buisness.. Think about it dude...

Last edited by thirdwave; 21-01-2013 at 09:55 AM.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #610
dr steam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 382 (234 Posts)
Default "Beam me up, Scotty"



Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post

If TV did not keep up with the internet it would go out of buisness.. Think about it dude...
Ok I see so that's why we get the suppressed truth now, simply because the mainstream media have felt the pressure from the Internet and people like Erich von Däniken ,which has been in the fortunate position to earn many millions and simultaneously has forced the mainstream media to tell the oppressed truth .. I do not know if you can see the ridiculous in this argument


So it is an incredible luck that it is as you have described, because we now get the detained and suppressed truth right... Lets just displace what would appear as decades of global manipulation. look yourself in a mirror and Think about that, dude...

“There's no coming to consciousness without pain.”
― C.G. Jung

It can be a painful process to realize that one have been manipulated since childhood. But it is part of the self-knowledge process that is necessary in order to achieve more consciousness...Displacement gives the opposite result

One is trapped in this as long as one do not want to recognize the systematic manipulation for decades most of us has been exposed to...
and the cause of displacement is simply that it is so painful to realize.........

You can also ask what is the basis for the sometimes rough tone of this debate that could resemble a religious debate. Think again about it...


__________________
"To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.”
― Timothy Leary

Last edited by dr steam; 21-01-2013 at 11:33 AM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #611
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam View Post

Ok I see so that's why we get the suppressed truth now, simply because the mainstream media have felt the pressure from the Internet and people like Erich von Däniken ,which has been in the fortunate position to earn many millions and simultaneously has forced the mainstream media to tell the oppressed truth .. I do not know if you can see the ridiculous in this argument
Von Daniken is such a bullshitter and all of his theories are soundly trounced and exposed as based on ignorance and fantasy in the book:

The Space Gods Revealed: Ronald Story.

I happened to stumble upon the book entirely by accident in Northern Cyrpus and I assumed it was a book about aliens so I was like 'cool I'll read that'.

In fact it was a book about an even BIGGER conspiracy, the conspiracy to trick the world into rewriting their history and implanting aliens everywhere. Since reading this book I have totally had to reconsider ALL of my previous beliefs about the existence of ancient aliens.

If people can handle the ride of having all their beliefs about aliens shaken up, then get hold of this book. You'll be glad you did.


http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=all

Quote:
The Space Gods Revealed remains an excellent, clear, and compelling refutation to the "von Daniken Phenomenon." Written in a factual and direct manner, the book starts with a short description of the scientific method, theory and evidence - and how von Daniken's ideas fall short when examined in detail.

The book looks at ancient astronauts and the Bible, von Daniken's genetic miracle speculation, the Piri Re'is Map, the Nazca Plains, Easter Island, the Egyptian Pyramids and the Palenque Astronaut. The author is not sarcastic in his demolition of von Daniken's theories, nor is he long-winded: it's all short, matter-of-fact explanations. From pointing out von Daniken's habit of offering multiple unlikely ideas as if adding them up made them more likely, or just getting dates and scientific concepts wrong or out of context.

None of the major parts of von Daniken's proof add up to much. The Piri Re'is map is clearly inaccurate about Cuba (mislabled as Espaniola), omits nearly a 1000 miles of South America's coast and the "land below the ice" map of Antartica doesn't match modern maps. The Nazca plains, which continue to this day to be called landing strips, navigation guides, and even an interstellar encyclopedia - all strikingly low-tech aids for intergalactic voyagers - all have more down-to-earth possibilities that take into account the region's native cultures and technology.

The other mysteries are even more thoroughly demolished. The Pyramids, Easter Island, and the Palenque Astronaut? There's enormous amount of literature on the evolution of Egyptian culture and pyramid building, Heyerdahls' Easter Island study, and examples of other Mayan "astronauts" showing the carvings in their religious and cultural context.

There are several other chapters on von Daniken's other evidence that easily address the lesser known issues.

The book's very slender and easily read. One didn't have to marshall complicated and elaborate explanations to finish von Daniken. In the years since this book has come out, I've seen TV specials that ignore Story's book. It's a shame because Story did not invent his counter-explanations, he simply researched the already existing literature as well as examined what von Daniken was saying.

I'm glad I have this in my personal library. If you're interested in these sort of subjects, I think this is a great buy.

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, "they" have been pressing on all channels to get you to believe in aliens. von Däniken's ancient astronaut theory was used to create a foundation for that, which they have been building on for decades since then. The truth is, that foundation is full of holes, and Ron Story's book proves it. Erich von Däniken's website boasts; "Erich von Däniken, the world's most successful non-fiction writer of all time, has written 26 books on the topic [of "ancient astronauts"] and has sold over 63 million copies worldwide. His books have been translated into 32 languages." If Ronald Story's message had been as widely publicized as has von Däniken's the forest of trees that were tragically sacrificed in vain to von Däniken's 63 million books may have been saved! But alas, as usual the sensational is glorified, promoted and amplified while the truth is swept under the rug and ignored. Ronald Story's book "The Space-gods Revealed" is the book we all should have read on this topic back in 1976. If we had we would have learned of von Däniken's criminal past as a fraudster and embezzler, as was much more recently reported in this quote from Wikipedia; "Däniken's run-ins with the law started at an early age. In the 1960s, while working in hotels and restaurants across Switzerland, he was convicted of fraud, serving a prison sentence .. Däniken was found guilty of embezzlement, and served more than three years in Swiss prisons. While in prison, he continued writing, and "Return of the Gods" was subsequently published." It takes a particular flair for twisting the facts to one's own ends to commit fraud and embezzlement - even more so to con millions of people into believing claims that have absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever! You've heard the claims about The Wheels of Ezekiel, The Piri Re'is Map, The Nazca Lines, The Stone Heads of Easter Island, The Palenque Astronaut, and all the rest of the so-called "proof" that ancient astronauts visited the earth in the ancient past. Ron Story's book honestly and meticulously examines each artifact in detail, and in context, to show what it really is and what it really means in its own historical and cultural context. Guess what? None of these artifacts even come close to "proving" the ancient astronaut theory. Rather, each has been ripped out of its own historical and cultural context, shamelessly lied about in many details to make it fit, and then presented as "proof" to an unsuspecting public that probably wants to believe this nonsense anyway. How good is Ron Story's book? For a recent radio program I produced and hosted at Tsiyon Radio on the topic of "Space-gods Space Frauds" I found that Ronald Story had already done the lion's share of the research on the topic, and it was all honestly and intelligently presented in "The Space-gods Revealed." That kind of complete, well-presented, well-documented and useful information is definitely worth five stars to me.
Quote:
Ronald Story is one of the earlier writers who criticized authors such as Erich von Daniken (author of unbelievably popular books such as Chariots of the Gods and Gods from Outer Space: Return to the Stars, or Evidence for the Impossible), who suggest that "ancient astronauts" or "gods from outer space" have visited this planet.

Story begins the book by detailing that, at the time his first book was published, von Daniken was in JAIL on charges of embezzlement, fraud, and forgery. (Von Daniken lightly dismissed this in the preface to his book.)

While Story admits that we do not know for certain the purpose of the Nazca markings in ancient Peru (that von Daniken calls "ancient airfields"), he adds that "It hardly seems reasonable that advanced extraterrestrial spacecraft would require landing strips."

He also quotes von Daniken (from an interview in Playboy magazine) as admitting that his "Chariots of the Gods" book was wrong about the "rustproof iron pillar" in Delhi, saying, "so we can forget about this iron thing."

Concerning the so-called "batteries" from ancient Baghdad, Story writes, "The most likely purpose for such a battery would be in a primitive electroplating process; one-half volt would be a sufficient electric potential to electroplate silver onto copper. I cannot see how these batteries would have been particularly beneficial to ancient space voyagers."

This book (along with Story's book, GUARDIANS OF THE UNIVERSE) is still well worth reading as a critique of the "ancient astronaut" theories.
Quote:
I voraciously read all of von Daeniken's stuff when I was a kid, and thought it was all great stuff. Then, in high school, I got ahold of a slim little number entitled _The Space-Gods Revealed : A Close Look at the Theories of Erich Von Daeniken_, by Ronald Story, and in the span of a couple of hours saw the chariots of the gods tumble into the sea. My first real encounter with the power of rational thought (something not taught in school, in my experience to that point). I have to admit, though, that von Daeniken, on top of all the science fiction I read, did help to solidify my budding atheism, and for that I suppose I owe him some credit.

Last edited by truthspoon; 21-01-2013 at 12:22 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #612
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam View Post




Ok I see so that's why we get the suppressed truth now, simply because the mainstream media have felt the pressure from the Internet and people like Erich von Däniken ,which has been in the fortunate position to earn many millions and simultaneously has forced the mainstream media to tell the oppressed truth .. I do not know if you can see the ridiculous in this argument


So it is an incredible luck that it is as you have described, because we now get the detained and suppressed truth right... Lets just displace what would appear as decades of global manipulation. look yourself in a mirror and Think about that, dude...

“There's no coming to consciousness without pain.”
― C.G. Jung

It can be a painful process to realize that one have been manipulated since childhood. But it is part of the self-knowledge process that is necessary in order to achieve more consciousness...Displacement gives the opposite result

One is trapped in this as long as one do not want to recognize the systematic manipulation for decades most of us has been exposed to...
and the cause of displacement is simply that it is so painful to realize.........

You can also ask what is the basis for the sometimes rough tone of this debate that could resemble a religious debate. Think again about it...


Clueless..

Most movies like this get their ideas from real research into facts or claims they find.. this does not mean that making a hollywood movie about it makes it real lol. Infact it does the opposite,
Unless they promote it as a true story..

Are you saying ancient aliens which has a fair bit of disinfo in it has been put on mainstream TV because the info is undeniable ? No... Its obviously not very water tight.. There are better books on the subject.. It is not a genuine attempt to assess it... More to water down valid info already out there..

And i think you need to have a think about how TV works. People dont watch it becaus they are bored of it. TV has to gain an audience. If there are loads of internet hits on a given subject how can TV ignore it? It wont but it will do it in its own way.

You are trying to make out AA is what has let the cat out of the bag so to speak, but it is not it was a program created because of the increasing interest in the subject..

I dont want to shatter your Mr TM enforced reality but its just basic common sense....
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #613
dr steam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 382 (234 Posts)
Default I do not agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
Clueless..

Most movies like this get their ideas from real research into facts or claims they find.. this does not mean that making a hollywood movie about it makes it real lol. Infact it does the opposite,
Unless they promote it as a true story..

Are you saying ancient aliens which has a fair bit of disinfo in it has been put on mainstream TV because the info is undeniable ? No... Its obviously not very water tight.. There are better books on the subject.. It is not a genuine attempt to assess it... More to water down valid info already out there..

And i think you need to have a think about how TV works. People dont watch it becaus they are bored of it. TV has to gain an audience. If there are loads of internet hits on a given subject how can TV ignore it? It wont but it will do it in its own way.

You are trying to make out AA is what has let the cat out of the bag so to speak, but it is not it was a program created because of the increasing interest in the subject..

I dont want to shatter your Mr TM enforced reality but its just basic common sense....
Well let's just try to keep the focus here. What is basic common sense and not, is based on a subjective opinion. Another subjective view could be that you have been manipulated for so many years that you now refuses to want to acknowledge that.

When one arguments for this theory using diffuse probability calculations, one must understand that it does not show anything specific and can not be used as a concrete argument, it is actually a psoudo argument and which actually fits very well with the AA theory which I see as another pseudo religion in its modest beginning...

Perhaps you about a couple of hundred years will understand this...

The fact that this has been an agenda in the entertainment industry for over 70 years is a fact you obviously do not want to rationally relate to. As I see it...

The reason I've linked both to Terrence and Jung, is of course, because I share the same basic view of the phenomenon and which I think might be in a more thoughtful light to see it in...


Again let's just try to keep the focus.You can of course shatter all you like, if you want to. Be my guest !!! But I would recommend you try to stick to the topic and the substance in it, and keep you from personal attacks or not relevant arguments which derail a constructive debate and actually shows a lack of solid arguments to support your case and which BTW also could indicate a rather low intelligence .The last-mentioned is not necessarily directed at you personally...

BTW the argument based on the ancient clock a few pages back was very entertaining...
__________________
"To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.”
― Timothy Leary

Last edited by dr steam; 21-01-2013 at 02:46 PM.
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #614
dr steam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 382 (234 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
Von Daniken is such a bullshitter and all of his theories are soundly trounced and exposed as based on ignorance and fantasy in the book:

The Space Gods Revealed: Ronald Story.

I happened to stumble upon the book entirely by accident in Northern Cyrpus and I assumed it was a book about aliens so I was like 'cool I'll read that'.

In fact it was a book about an even BIGGER conspiracy, the conspiracy to trick the world into rewriting their history and implanting aliens everywhere. Since reading this book I have totally had to reconsider ALL of my previous beliefs about the existence of ancient aliens.

If people can handle the ride of having all their beliefs about aliens shaken up, then get hold of this book. You'll be glad you did.

The Space-Gods Revealed: A Close Look at the Theories of Erich Von Daniken: Ronald Story: 9780064650922: Amazon.com: Books

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=all
It is noted although I feel myself quite clear about the subject and Erich Von Daniken. I do have a weakness for books ...:-)
__________________
"To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.”
― Timothy Leary
dr steam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #615
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam View Post
It is noted although I feel myself quite clear about the subject and Erich Von Daniken. I do have a weakness for books ...:-)
It's an absolute corker.

I have Von Danken's book at home too. I read it and took it all at face value.

Funny thing is, when you read something and it seems to be an exciting and interesting theory, you have no reason to imagine the guy is lying to you.

I mean the book was published and distributed and millions of people bought it, it has 'bestseller' written on the cover, so it acquires authority and you don't question it.

Until you read SOMETHING else that makes you reconsider all your assumptions.

That 'Story' book, like the Chris White video, is exactly that.

Makes you think 'hey, how come I never figured that out myself'??


Nowadays my opinion of Von Daniken is very low indeed. The worst kind of shyster hustler and conman. And he's made a mint has the old scumbag.

Probably one of these conscienceless sociopaths who don't care about anyone and anything else apart from their own well being and comfort.

Last edited by truthspoon; 21-01-2013 at 07:01 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #616
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam View Post
Well what is basic common sense or not is based on a subjective opinion. Another subjective view could be that you have been manipulated for years and refuses to want to acknowledge it.
I have not been convinced that aliens are here because of hollywood or ancient aliens.. Nor do i think over that time the masses are all waiting for flash gorden to pop down.. Through most of that time and even still today you are laughed at and mocked.. Careers put under threat..

Why cover up roswell?, why not Say they dont know who they are? Job done!

I also never believed superman batman and spider man were real..

And while i think its probably possible to make people genetically stronger i dont believe in the incredible hulk.

But if your common sense tells you i do, then good luck with that.


Quote:
When one arguments for this theory using diffuse probability calculations, one must understand that it does not show anything specific and can not be used as a concrete argument, it is actually a psoudo argument and which actually fits very well with the AA theory which I see as another pseudo religion in its modest beginning...
Just because there is bogus info out there it does not mean there is no good info.. You are implying that because AA has pushed some hollow claims then the whole subject is void, which is bollocks.

You sound very easy to manipulate.


Quote:
Perhaps you about a couple of hundred years will understand this...
Well by then we may be the aliens walking on other planets so you would have missed the buss completely lol

Quote:
The fact that this has been an agenda in the entertainment industry for over 70 years is a fact you obviously do not want to rationally relate to. As I see it...
Fact? Clearly you own the fact button. When in reality the only hollywood agenda here has been is to make loads of money and manipulate how people view reality and sell it back to them.

There is often a reaction people get when talking about aliens which makes people worry about being ridiculed... Like "lol i think you been watching to much star wars mate". And so on.. When you tell someone "the ufo just Shot into the air in a second" people do not go "yes, i can believe that! I have seen it happen on star trek! " ... They will view the story as off the wall and too much like a fantasy story.

In recent years due to more and more sightings and science as well as how easy and quick it is for people to learn on the net we can now assess some movies and ask where some of their ideas really come from.. believe it or not people that right books/films look for inspiration.. it does not all appear in a persons head.

And its not just 70 years of it mate..

Quote:
The reason I've linked both to Terrence and Jung, is of course, because I share the same basic view of the phenomenon and which I think might be in a more thoughtful light to see it in...
Which is no diforent than choosing a religion, that part of the brain you previously mentioned? .. I like TM but he was im my eyes a philosopher and had no claim to the whole truth.. He indulges very deeply into reality and how cosmic it is but cant fathom Aliens?

I agree there has been an agenda over the Last 80 odd years, but not to make people believe in aliens, but to manipulate what they think about them.

People also forget these people did not have as much info available as we do now, as they relied on getting hold of books and meeting people to learn from... over the last 15 or so years researching and learning is incredibly easy ..


Quote:
You can shatter all you like if you want to. But I would recommend that you try to stick to the topic and the substance in it, and not anything else like eg personal attacks which destroys a constructive debate and really shows that they at one does not have very many good arguments to support his case and which may also indicate a rather low intelligence...
My views on you being brainwashed and talking rubbish are not meant to be an insult, but an honest assessment ..

You have given your fair share of assessing others as well.

Why is it when ever you or EP have one of your points confronted with plane logic you ask us to not go off topic? You bring up hollywood, tv, a supposed 70 hoax, and i reply with my thoughts.

Last edited by thirdwave; 21-01-2013 at 07:10 PM.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #617
riseaquarius
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,203
Likes: 10 (6 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr steam
“There's no coming to consciousness without pain.”
― C.G. Jung

It can be a painful process to realize that one have been manipulated since childhood. But it is part of the self-knowledge process that is necessary in order to achieve more consciousness...Displacement gives the opposite result

One is trapped in this as long as one do not want to recognize the systematic manipulation for decades most of us has been exposed to...
and the cause of displacement is simply that it is so painful to realize.........

You can also ask what is the basis for the sometimes rough tone of this debate that could resemble a religious debate. Think again about it...
Are you arguing with thirdwave or yourself?

The exact same can and has been said of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate
I happened to stumble upon the book entirely by accident in Northern Cyrpus and I assumed it was a book about aliens so I was like 'cool I'll read that'.

In fact it was a book about an even BIGGER conspiracy, the conspiracy to trick the world into rewriting their history and implanting aliens everywhere. Since reading this book I have totally had to reconsider ALL of my previous beliefs about the existence of ancient aliens.
Why didn't you say so! Everyone knows the SIZE of the conspiracy is what matters most.

Honestly though, what did you actually reconsider? Clearly you never believed in aliens to begin with.

You just found some random book by an author nobody's ever heard of to justify your denial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate
I mean the book was published and distributed and millions of people bought it, it has 'bestseller' written on the cover, so it acquires authority and you don't question it.
Judge books by their cover, do you?

Why am I not surprised. This is total SHEEP mentality.


By the way:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAquarius
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAquarius
Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate
Osiris is NOT a green alien, he's lord of the underworld.
So is he real or imagined?

I just can't get past the fact that you're using supernatural being A to disprove supernatural being B.
Your hit and run bullshit is getting old, edelweiss.

Please answer the question in red so we can get to the bottom of this.
__________________

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King

Last edited by riseaquarius; 21-01-2013 at 06:00 PM.
riseaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #618
truthspoon
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Africa........ The pirate-coast! Yarrh!
Posts: 20,360
Likes: 278 (169 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseaquarius View Post
Are you arguing with thirdwave or yourself?

The exact same can and has been said of you.

Why didn't you say so! Everyone knows the SIZE of the conspiracy is what matters most.

Honestly though, what did you actually reconsider? Clearly you never believed in aliens to begin with.

You just found some random book by an author nobody's ever heard of to justify your denial.

Judge books by their cover, do you?

Why am I not surprised. This is total SHEEP mentality.


By the way:


Pretty childish post you just made there buddy. I won't sink to your level and try to pull your pigtails to make you cry.

Just have to say that your lack of information, insight and your obvious lack of any interesting thoughts whatsoever has now been made fully apparent.

So I'll bid you good day sir!

Last edited by truthspoon; 21-01-2013 at 06:15 PM.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #619
truegroup
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Conspiracy research is all about proof, not assumption!
Posts: 17,117
Likes: 1,316 (1,030 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseaquarius View Post
By the way: So is he real or imagined?
To the Egyptians who drew pictures of Osiris, he was very real. Though at some stage, somebody crafted that religion that they blindly followed.

Is your argument "because they drew him green, he must have been based on an alien visitation"? The colour is supposed to represent rebirth.

I think EP has pretty much nailed the claims about aliens depicted in their culture - amazing what a bit of study on a subject can do
truegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #620
riseaquarius
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,203
Likes: 10 (6 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegroup
Is your argument "because they drew him green, he must have been based on an alien visitation"? The colour is supposed to represent rebirth.
Originally yes, but my main question is how the hell does someone use ghost stories to disprove alien theories?

Mythology is completely unverifiable, so why argue it if that's the very reason you doubt aliens?

FFS at least there are a few enigmatic structures out there to support the alien theories.

Edelweiss is the one with contradictory views, so until he addresses this, he's a goddamn shill/troll/sheep thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truegroup
amazing what a bit of study on a subject can do
I'll say.

My own research suggests these deities were most likely 'alien' (nonhuman) spirits inhabiting bodies similar to our own.

Unlike edelweiss, I don't need to see-saw back and forth between science and mythology as needed.

Each has its respective place in the greater truth.
__________________

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King

Last edited by riseaquarius; 21-01-2013 at 07:12 PM.
riseaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.