Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Ancient & Forbidden Knowledge / False History

Old 17-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #21
curly

I dowsed an energy line right in the very middle of this wall all the way down.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #22
curly

The rainbow serpent passed this way
Old 17-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #23
curly

Bless you Peggy,they never deserved you{26**,I despise the people in charge of us with every ounce of my energy
Old 17-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
airkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
Thanks for replying,It must have been{still is**a very important place to have a town named after it and it still gets 30,000 visitors a year.Definitely the grandest holywell in Britain in terms of surrounding buildings with the closed well basin and bathing pool and chapel upstairs{although i've not looked into the history of the springs at Bath yet**.What can you say about the Winifride story? i wouldn't like to cast doubt on it as i know these places are special but it seems the saints were franchising these places for christianity and i havn't done enough research to see how many were actually there before the saint arrived.It says in legend that her head fell off at the church where the spring then appeared,the church is already probably on a site of significance,maybe with a blind spring or a vortex underneath{conjecture on my part**,or was it already there and they made the whole thing up.After her death a cult grew up centred on her relics which were moved to Shrewsbury Abbey in 1138,As you said King Henry the V walked on pilgramage from Shrewsbury to Holywell in 1416 and Edward the IV was said to have done the same.Even the reformation which i know little about could stop the pilgramages,i assume the reformation means christianity being hijacked and getting more corrupt and further from the truth not that anyone needs a middle man to find their Holy Grail imo.I think i can believe this story of her beheading and reheading in one sense as David Icke convinced me we are not quite what we seem and neither are our surroundings but who knows.A broadsheet from 1776 described the well like this-
St winefrides well,at Holywell,in Flintshire,North Wales;which spring produces every minute night and day one hundred tons of water;and bathing therein cures many distempers,and strengthens in an extraordinary manner all such as have had the smallpox or any other severe disorders.I know there are two types of moss that grow in the bathing pool and they are in local folklore,the first St Winifride's hair[Jungermannia asplenioides] was collected by pilgrims and dried to be moistened later with water from the well and applied as a poultice for the cure of sprains and other physical problems,this moss apparantly functioned as a third class relic of the saint.
The other moss which grows in the well[Byssus jolithus]was responsible for red stains on stones in the well causing miraculous pictures to form and also was said to smell of violets and incense.I will look up some individual cases of miraculous healing at the well and post them up.cheers

We learned the story and history of the well when we were about 8 or 9, but like a lot of these folklore stories, we thought nothing more about it because it seemed impossible for it to happen.
I`m sure that there is an element of truth to the story though....it was put to us by our teacher I think that Winefride may have had her throat cut (not decapitated) and then fainted, then came round when her uncle washed the wound with the springwater nearby.
Doesnt explain the miraculous healing water though ???
airkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #25
curly

Wish i had a name like this
Old 17-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #26
curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by airkraft View Post
We learned the story and history of the well when we were about 8 or 9, but like a lot of these folklore stories, we thought nothing more about it because it seemed impossible for it to happen.
I`m sure that there is an element of truth to the story though....it was put to us by our teacher I think that Winefride may have had her throat cut (not decapitated) and then fainted, then came round when her uncle washed the wound with the springwater nearby.
Doesnt explain the miraculous healing water though ???
That's a bit more believable
Old 17-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
curly

This is just a hundred yards away,i wonder what spectacles they witnessed
Old 17-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #28
curly

Wierd place again,looks a bit phallic to me,you know all out of balance
Old 17-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #29
curly

The locals have a cracking time down here it's very safehope it was worth it,looks very heavy.
Old 17-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #30
curly

When i first came to the site i had no idea where the well was and i thought i'll just dowse for it,I was over the wall and in the wood at the bottom of this site following the little stream and looking,i thought i had found it but it was just where it was culverted under the wall after flowing down from the proper well{I had only visited glastonbury spring before and had not much idea how these things looked,in my mind i had found it this was it the rods had led me to it imo** just enjoying the greenery and on climbing back over the wall realised i'd lost one of my dowsing rods it had fallen out of my pocket,no problem i thought i'll just dowse for it.I knew it was in the wood so i just prepared myself and asked the correct question to try to locate it and then pointed my remaining rod over the wall,to my surprise{and annoyance**it turned towards the ruins which meant it swung allmost back towards me but not quite at me,to my right and backwards if you like,strange i thought as the rod could no way be over in that direction.So i started again and it did the same again,begrudgingly i followed the direction even though i knew i was wasting my time in terms of finding the rod,and hey presto it led me right to the holy well exactly,which was half-buried in undergrowth in the summer,i'd walked right past it too.I thought that was quite remarkable that i ignored my own question and showed myself the way to what i really came here for.My subconcious must have been bored with me fannying around.
Old 17-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #31
curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman View Post
hmm there is a few villages called healing around the country ,so left to chack that out , the 1 near me has it in a near by wood , also what about ealing in london was that called healing in the past but whaen the romans took over they dropped the h ,there is a wood in hanger hill there could be site of a spring or well for healing. its like the word stone eny village or town with stone or ton at the end, would of had a standing stone or stone circle there in the past
Ealing that's how cockneys would have pronounced it as well,my nan was born within the sound of Bow Bells.
Old 17-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #32
curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by macneil View Post
Check this place out curly...

Struell Wells (in Irish: Toibreacha an tSruthail) is a set of four holy wells 1.5 miles (2.4km) east of Downpatrick, County Down, Northern Ireland (grid ref: J513442).[1] The wells date from before the time of Saint Patrick, and even today are used for people seeking cures. On Mid-Summer Eve (St. John's Eve (or Oiche Fhéile Eoin (Bonfire Night)) and the Friday before Lammas (in Irish: Lá Lúnasa) hundreds of pilgrims used to visit Struell.[2] The earliest written reference to the wells is in 1306, but none of the surviving buildings is earlier than about 1600. Pilgrimages to the site are well documented from the 16th century to the 19th century.[1]

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tober_2009.JPG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Struell_Wells

It seems that eyes were the main focus of healing at these wells,but i can't help thinking the ceremonies mentioned below which i got from the secret Ireland website are a bit of a waste of time,they can just get stuck into the water if the hearts in the right place imo{not that that's worth a lot btw**

The Stone Chair or Bed of St. Patrick is situated on the crest of the hill which overhangs the field where the wells are situated. Around the stone chair there is a circular path which over which rest sharp stones called the Penitential Circle or Ring. There was an intricate penitential ceremony of circling the wells and cairns whilst praying. After completing the circuits some seventy times they proceed to the Bed of St. Patrick in which the penitent seats himself facing east, and turns himself three times, being careful to turn from left to right. The penitent concludes the pilgrimage by bathing in one of the wells .
Old 17-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #33
macneil

Quote:
It seems that eyes were the main focus of healing at these wells,but i can't help thinking the ceremonies mentioned below which i got from the secret Ireland website are a bit of a waste of time,they can just get stuck into the water if the hearts in the right place imo{not that that's worth a lot btw**

Many myths surround the sacred springs or holy wells, including the theme of erotic love, intoxication as wisdom, the location of such springs as being in the Otherworld, which can mean both the land of the dead as well as the land of eternal youth. The Otherworld is perceived to be a source of power and of wisdom and is thought to be located under the earth, hidden in a mound, beneath the sea, in the far west, on a plain hidden in a mist. These elements can be found in the Fianna Cycle, the Brown Bull of Cooley, Niall and the Hag at the Well among others. Always, the emphasis among the Celtic peoples (earth-centered culture) was of cyclic regeneration rather than the linear movement or evolution of the historical culture. Even today, the "rounds" made at various of these holy wells has tradition rooted in antiquity. For example, the Well of the Wether's, a St. Patrick's well in Ardfert, Co. Kerry contains an altar showing "saints" heads worn from rubbing and ritually incised for healing. St. Ciaran's Well at Clonmacnoise, Co. Offaly contains three stone heads that are routinely kissed and marked as pilgrims make their rounds or "patrons." A Booley stone activates St. Erc's Well at Listowel, Co. Kerry, a well marked by a pre-Christian standing stone.

There are different types of wells, briefly one might say that prior to the coming of St. Patrick, the sacred springs reflected the Celtic earth-centered spirituality. After Patrick, there occured a shift to "Christianize" the pilgrimages and practices associated with the wells. So the loric phenomena associated with many of the wells was revalorized in terms and by symbols universally understood in Christianity--a crossing of the boundary between the two cultures. The pagan tree took on the symbolism of Christ (i.e. the cross) and there sprang up throughout the country St. Patrick wells, St. Bridget wells.

http://www.irelandforvisitors.com/ar...holy_wells.htm

There is a list here curly for most of the wells in the south... I'll see if i can dig something up for northern.

Keeping in mind the shift to Christian spiritualism, have a look at the stone that marks St.Brigids Well at Cliffoney. Brigid is usually associated with fertillity and I've been told that is represented by the top symbol...

macneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 05:00 PM   #34
curly

Quote:
Many myths surround the sacred springs or holy wells, including the theme of erotic love, intoxication as wisdom, the location of such springs as being in the Otherworld, which can mean both the land of the dead as well as the land of eternal youth. The Otherworld is perceived to be a source of power and of wisdom and is thought to be located under the earth, hidden in a mound, beneath the sea, in the far west, on a plain hidden in a mist. These elements can be found in the Fianna Cycle, the Brown Bull of Cooley, Niall and the Hag at the Well among others. Always, the emphasis among the Celtic peoples (earth-centered culture) was of cyclic regeneration rather than the linear movement or evolution of the historical culture. Even today, the "rounds" made at various of these holy wells has tradition rooted in antiquity. For example, the Well of the Wether's, a St. Patrick's well in Ardfert, Co. Kerry contains an altar showing "saints" heads worn from rubbing and ritually incised for healing. St. Ciaran's Well at Clonmacnoise, Co. Offaly contains three stone heads that are routinely kissed and marked as pilgrims make their rounds or "patrons." A Booley stone activates St. Erc's Well at Listowel, Co. Kerry, a well marked by a pre-Christian standing stone.

There are different types of wells, briefly one might say that prior to the coming of St. Patrick, the sacred springs reflected the Celtic earth-centered spirituality. After Patrick, there occured a shift to "Christianize" the pilgrimages and practices associated with the wells. So the loric phenomena associated with many of the wells was revalorized in terms and by symbols universally understood in Christianity--a crossing of the boundary between the two cultures. The pagan tree took on the symbolism of Christ (i.e. the cross) and there sprang up throughout the country St. Patrick wells, St. Bridget wells.

http://www.irelandforvisitors.com/ar...holy_wells.htm

There is a list here curly for most of the wells in the south... I'll see if i can dig something up for northern.

Keeping in mind the shift to Christian spiritualism, have a look at the stone that marks St.Brigids Well at Cliffoney. Brigid is usually associated with fertillity and I've been told that is represented by the top symbol...

Thanks Macneil,that's a great post lot's of good stuff in there to get my teeth into,i'm going to post up a bit about the rounds/circumambulation later,i didn't realise that this was a thing that does go back a long way as you said to celtic times.A time when our ancestors were in tune with the natural world.
Old 18-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #35
curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord View Post
The first thought I had when I saw this thread was Holly Wells, one of the two children murdered, allegedly, by Ian Huntley in Soham.
I checked and found there was more than one well,making it Holly Wells.
Old 19-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #36
curly

A customary ritual of walking round a holy well in a "sunwise" or "sunways" i.e to the right or "widdershins" or "withershins" i.e anticlockwise seems to have been a worldwide practice at one time.John C. Irwin made a presentation to south asian archeologists and this is an extract from the paper.
The rite of circumambulation and it's associated taboos seem to have been common to the whole ancient world.It's usual explanation as a survival of sun-worship may be an oversimplification.It would perhaps be more accurate to say that the rite was primarily cosmogonic in origin and it reflected the need once universally felt to live in harmony with cosmic forces represented in this case by the sun as ultimate generator of life.To circumambulate clockwise was to identify with the sun's diurnal course,regarded as life enhancing and bringing luck.Anti-clockwise circumambulation was identified with the sun's nocturnal course.and also with death and misfortune.
It was believed that witches deliberately turned to the left in their dancing or when casting spells and raising the devil.At Chibbyr Undin on the Isle of Man visitors to the well would take a mouthful of water and hold it there until they had twice walked round the well sunwise.At Chibbyr Lansh (sore eyes) the patients had to walk round each of the three pools three times while saying in Manx "In the name of the father,and of the son,and of the holy ghost" before putting water on their eyes.
Making the rounds as they call it in Ireland,it was noted that walking round the wells saying a rosary had become more common and established in the last 10 to 15 years of the 21st century.At Irish well sites there were often other monuments in addition to the well itself,standing stones,piles of stones to which the pilgrim made a contribution,stone slabs,stone structures known as the saints bed or grave-these together with the well were part of the sacred landscape and were included in the rounding rituals.
Rounding could be interpreted as a formal gesture of ritual reverance for the catholic pilgrim,a way to gain merit.This was probably also once common in Wales and Scotland not necessarily being confined to Ireland.As in Ireland,it is possible that in Wales and Scotland and also in certain areas of England,the holy well was originally one element in a wider sacred landscape,and not the isolated phenomenon we see today.
That was pretty much copied word for word from Cures and Curses-Ritual and Cult at holy wells by Janet Bord,sorry Janet.But the last bit especially rings true to me.
Old 19-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #37
macneil

Quote:
Thanks Macneil,that's a great post lot's of good stuff in there to get my teeth into,i'm going to post up a bit about the rounds/circumambulation later,i didn't realise that this was a thing that does go back a long way as you said to celtic times.A time when our ancestors were in tune with the natural world.

Excellent article here goes into it a bit further...

In Ireland and Great Britain, sacred wells derive their distant origins from megalithic and Celtic times...

HOLY wells have featured for many centuries in the folk religion and social customs of Christianity in Britain and Ireland. Sometimes it has seemed difficult to separate the primordial pagan origins of holy well veneration in specific localities from the orthodox church-approved beliefs and devotional practices. Priests of the Roman Church have in past centuries found themselves, sometimes under episcopal direction, in earnest battle against perceived local superstitions and impious social customs connected with holy wells. In Ireland during the nineteenth century priests ...

After the Reformation, puritan and broad church Protestant clergy often looked askance at localised holy well piety. Concepts and devotions such as 'holy water', ritual prayers or symbolical icon veneration were regarded by suspicious clergy as being too close for comfort to the vestiges of 'Romish superstition'. Popular hopes and claims for supernatural cures for medical ailments and diseases also troubled the dispassionate sensibility of Protestant rationalists. Until late in the nineteenth century holy well customs persisted sporadically in the Established and Nonconformist Churches of rural England and Wales. In Scotland too, holy wells in remote places attracted the attentions of Presbyterian devotees, often despite the baleful stares of ordained Kirk ministers.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1

a question I ask is, who really brought this tradition to the UK and Ireland...?
macneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 06:29 AM   #38
curly

Quote:
Excellent article here goes into it a bit further...

In Ireland and Great Britain, sacred wells derive their distant origins from megalithic and Celtic times...

HOLY wells have featured for many centuries in the folk religion and social customs of Christianity in Britain and Ireland. Sometimes it has seemed difficult to separate the primordial pagan origins of holy well veneration in specific localities from the orthodox church-approved beliefs and devotional practices. Priests of the Roman Church have in past centuries found themselves, sometimes under episcopal direction, in earnest battle against perceived local superstitions and impious social customs connected with holy wells. In Ireland during the nineteenth century priests ...

After the Reformation, puritan and broad church Protestant clergy often looked askance at localised holy well piety. Concepts and devotions such as 'holy water', ritual prayers or symbolical icon veneration were regarded by suspicious clergy as being too close for comfort to the vestiges of 'Romish superstition'. Popular hopes and claims for supernatural cures for medical ailments and diseases also troubled the dispassionate sensibility of Protestant rationalists. Until late in the nineteenth century holy well customs persisted sporadically in the Established and Nonconformist Churches of rural England and Wales. In Scotland too, holy wells in remote places attracted the attentions of Presbyterian devotees, often despite the baleful stares of ordained Kirk ministers.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1

a question I ask is, who really brought this tradition to the UK and Ireland...?
I've been thinking the same,do you think all this ceremony was pulled down from the ether by shamens,maybe it originated here?
Old 20-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #39
cinder_darkskys

Default tracking wells

Quote:
Post 35 page 4
dang man
that stone is a special

I wonder if its been moved at all, or if the comunity knows of its importance.

I love to have several hi res images of this stone an the suround lands around it, up to miles away.

The stone has somethings the same as the astec dream stone.

This how the I expect these locations marked by our fore fathers

Key points to the IMAGE

human shape, which also is the shape of a sword.

The hair NOTE the Aztec dream stone.

the stander symbology of the galaxy in mans minds eye, as if to call us home.

the key cicles sit in the place of the soul, gods gift < this is also sysmbolized in the aztec dream stone much larger)

A derect path from top to botem. but the bottem 1/2 would have been unseen, it would be in the ground, up to bottem of the long X.

It would sat at the 1/2 point, of the footing covering 1 and 1/2 of the 2 XX, Note the long X this would bee the the progress of life 2 triangles or pyramid, > the X's are not the same thing< which symbolized in the aztec dream stone, as 5 dots.

This is a marker to the dead I believe, as is the aztec dream stone.

What the difference bewteen the 2 stones

The Aztec stone symbolizes many of these site or stones.
These peaples know of only 4.

This could also be used as a map key, to generate these 4 other site.
Im not sure where this stone comes from but if I had to guess I would say England, some where icelated. some place close off from the world or could be.

curly if the Images are yours, this make you and Artist Please Place your copyright on your Images. If you are taking these shots, please budy me.

I see some stuff in them I like to pull a few, and I like to know who owns the Images I pull.

If I pull and Image such these or in ORBS, And there some kind of other software used to in the image, even image protection, I view it as JUNK and wont pull it down for study, < it been tamper with by soft ware.)
So please copy right in standeree JPG
This give me full access to the image, to be engineer for study.

And artist can copyright it is a must for an Artist.

type > copyright (c) date, your name or handle can be placed in front or back. My artist name is Skys copyright(c)2010. cost ZERO dollors.
Every countery on the planets, knows what this means. ownership over said image

I can't wait to see what you guys and gals dig up on this topic. I would look throw this site for other topics that relate to this topic. and create a links post just for this site, I bet there severial topics running, on the site.

PeaceLovesAll

Last edited by cinder_darkskys; 20-01-2010 at 10:51 AM.
cinder_darkskys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #40
cinder_darkskys

Default Images that Crawl with bug a boo's

some those place in them images crawls with bug a boo's, nasty protections on, some these places. They hide good there.

Page 1-Post # 7-curly-Image 1= pulled < bug a boo's Forest Spirits,

Page 1-Post # 8-curly-Image 1= pulled < bug a boo's < special )

Page 3-Post # 21-curly-Image 1= pulled

Page 3-Post # 23-curly-Image 1= pulled

Page 3-Post # 24-curly-Image 1= pulled

Page 4-Post # 31-curly-Image 1= pulled

Page 4-Post # 35-macneil-Image 1= pulled < image refered to in last post)

the Great Forest Spirit is with in some of these images, nere these as well, that would be the Gold and Black image in my profile

Crazy ass sh!t in some those images