Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > War on Terror

Old 12-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #41
huddy

The world is run by morons because the world is full of morons worshipping morons.

So sad, but true.

All they want is to DIE for "something" they believe to be "good" and in reality is never FREEDOM.

But they always want to find out when it's too late.
See what we call "God & Infinity" as the Ocean. What we call us or them or everything as a Drop of Water. And what we see when we observe a wave reaching the beach and flowing back as the same as "Life & Death", current & past life - it´s an Illusion!

We are ALL One ~ for Eternity.
Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love.
huddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #42
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanprisoner View Post
i'm off to watch team america world police to laugh it all off
Great movie
fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #43
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_wind_wood View Post
There is no excusable reasons. The military was originally founded to kill human beings, definitely not to promote the careers of disadvantaged citizens.
I was in the marines for 2 years. I didn't join to kill people and in fact never killed anyone. People join for different reasons.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #44
arcyclus

Default Why would anyone join the military and get killed?

Possibly a bit overly simplistic for most people but,...William Brambley in his book "The Gods of Eden" points out, all wars, are caused by an unseen third party which manipulates the other two parties into waring against each while the third party profits from the war.

The unseen third party applies the classic, "problem, reaction, solution" to the other two parties.

So, the question of why there is war? and Why does no one learn from the past ls resolved by Man's inability to spot the unseen third party.

It's not just an idea but as Brambly describes it, it's a law. Hence, "The third Party Law".
Old 11-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #45
arcyclus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin43diqs View Post
I was in the marines for 2 years. I didn't join to kill people and in fact never killed anyone. People join for different reasons.
Simper Fi!

I was in the Marines for 3 years, eight months, ten days, and five hours.
Old 14-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #46
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcyclus View Post
Simper Fi!

I was in the Marines for 3 years, eight months, ten days, and five hours.
Semper Fi!

I left early because of medical reasons. No combat involved. Got in a motor vehicle accident with a civilian (his fault). I really didn't picture my military career ending that way, but everything worked out in the end.
Old 14-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #47
wwu777

Check out these great 100 anti-war quotes. Please spread them around.

http://www.humblelibertarian.com/201...ar-quotes.html

Here are my favorite ones by America's Founding Fathers:

2. "The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home." -James Madison

3. "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -James Madison

4. "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare. " -James Madison

5. "Of all the enemies of public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other." -James Madison

6. "The executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question, whether there is or is not cause for declaring war." -James Madison

7. "It is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad." -James Madison

10. "The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force." -Thomas Jefferson

11. "Governments constantly choose between telling lies and fighting wars, with the end result always being the same. One will always lead to the other." -Thomas Jefferson

12. "I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind." -Thomas Jefferson

14. "If there is one principle more deeply rooted in the mind of every American, it is that we should have nothing to do with conquest." -Thomas Jefferson

15. "Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government." -Thomas Jefferson

16. "War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses." -Thomas Jefferson

17. "A coward is much more exposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." -Thomas Jefferson

19. "War...is as much a punishment to the punisher as to the sufferer." -Thomas Jefferson

20. "I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be." -Thomas Jefferson

21. "Over grown military establishments are under any form of government inauspicious to liberty, and are to be regarded as particularly hostile to republican liberty." -George Washington

29. "A highwayman is as much a robber when he plunders in a gang as when single; and a nation that makes an unjust war is only a great gang." -Benjamin Franklin

34. "Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

35. "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war." -John Adams

Great anti-war quotes by Ronald Reagan:

37. "A people free to choose will always choose peace." -Ronald Reagan

40. "Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means." -Ronald Reagan

41. "...no mother would ever willingly sacrifice her sons for territorial gain, for economic advantage, for ideology." -Ronald Reagan

42. "People do not make wars; governments do." -Ronald Reagan

Anti-war quotes by Dwight D. Eisenhower, one of the most experienced US military generals and former US President.

44. "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

47. "We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

48. "Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

51. "There is no glory in battle worth the blood it costs." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

52. "We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

More great anti-war quotes:

58. "Do not ever say that the desire to 'do good' by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives." -Ayn Rand

60. "All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it." -Alexis de Tocqueville

63. "War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it." -George Orwell

68. "All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." -George Orwell

70. "What is absurd and monstrous about war is that men who have no personal quarrel should be trained to murder one another in cold blood." -Aldous Huxley

73. "In all history there is no war which was not hatched by the governments, the governments alone, independent of the interests of the people, to whom war is always pernicious even when successful." -Leo Tolstoy
wwu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #48
skaff

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

My outlook won't change based on any info I glean.....
Political Compass:
-3.00 Economic
-2.97 Social
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #49
jay2k
Inactive

herd mentality, but truth is most people join the military with the intentions of protecting something thats important to them
jay2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #50

Getting back to the original question.... "Why would anyone join the military and get killed in a war?"
Well, awhile ago I was at my lowest point. I had hit rock bottom and was in the depths of despair. I could see no other way than to end my life.... Then I considered that it would be better for someone else to kill me.... I seriously considered getting to the frontline in Afghanistan to purposely get shot.
Old 16-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #51
elshaper
Inactive

"Why would anyone join the military and get killed in a war?"
It's because you love your country and it's for the country. (<- brainwash without reason behind the statement...I mean, who loves the coutry these days? Can you honestly says yes?)
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #52
skaff

OP, I responded to your post over 3 months ago now (post 14) and still you havent responded to my measured reply. However you still post anti war rhetoric as 'proof' that joining an army is wrong.

I posted the 'a few good men' quote as a joke but I'm starting to think you really 'can't handle the truth'!

My outlook won't change based on any info I glean.....
Political Compass:
-3.00 Economic
-2.97 Social
skaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #53
skulb

You make many good points it`s hard to disagree with in this age of criminal wars. But there is one situation where it`s not just logical and sensible to join an army to fight but also your duty, and that is when your people is under attack. Not a fake, illegitimate NATO controlled attack but a genuine one where you can either resist, be a slave or die. I would suggest that the Syrians are in such a situation today, as are the Palestinians. The Americans on the other hand have never been in such a situation, but have been conned into all their wars since 1812 illegitimately. No American should join the army if they had half a brain.
One of the classic historical examples is Leonidas at Thermopylae, who managed to slow down the imperial army of Xerxes as well as motivating the Greek peoples to stand up and resist slavery. The consequence was an age of tremendous renaissance in Greece and in the end a Greek empire in its own right, which was probably not such a good thing, although even that had some positive consequences.

Last edited by skulb; 21-06-2013 at 10:43 PM.
skulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #54
derekbuttery

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin43diqs View Post
+1.

however, there are 3 basic 'types' that join the military -

those that wish to serve king and country, as it were.

those that wish to learn a trade / get a job.

and those that want to kill, legally.

Old 22-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #55
kappy0405

Well, in America, the worlds foremost military power, we're brainwashed from age 5 onwards to believe our country is God's gift to the world & that we have the responsibility to spread our illusory freedom to others. Liberals are changing the approach a bit, but that's still the case for the most part. Unless kids have rebel hippies for parents, people grow up thinking it's some great honor to join the military. Most Americans are still under the impression that our soldiers are actually "fighting for our freedom"; to think otherwise makes you "anti-American" or a "Communist".

So yeah, most are inclined to join due to a false belief in American exceptionalism & their "patriotic duty", both of which are programmed into our brains since early childhood by Masonic America, which views America as their New Atlantis/Zion.

The other obvious factor is that many young adults just don't know what to do with their lives & think it's an easy & noble path to a career. This is probably more common than people think.

=Thesis & Anti-Thesis: Don't pick a side!! Don't fall for it!!
kappy0405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #56
vancity eagle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy0405 View Post
Well, in America, the worlds foremost military power, we're brainwashed from age 5 onwards to believe our country is God's gift to the world & that we have the responsibility to spread our illusory freedom to others. Liberals are changing the approach a bit, but that's still the case for the most part. Unless kids have rebel hippies for parents, people grow up thinking it's some great honor to join the military. Most Americans are still under the impression that our soldiers are actually "fighting for our freedom"; to think otherwise makes you "anti-American" or a "Communist".

So yeah, most are inclined to join due to a false belief in American exceptionalism & their "patriotic duty", both of which are programmed into our brains since early childhood by Masonic America, which views America as their New Atlantis/Zion.

The other obvious factor is that many young adults just don't know what to do with their lives & think it's an easy & noble path to a career. This is probably more common than people think.
yup

it all stems from indoctrination as a child.

Joining the army is noble, patriotic, brave, selfless etc. etc.

When we look back at the World Wars, all the major powers brainwashed children at a young age to salute the flag, and the best way to do that was to join the army and do whatever your country told you to do.

In WW1 all the European powers were actually excited to go to war with each other. It was the ultimate patriotic/ultra nationalist pissing contest. How soon they were to discover the truth.

Even today when we hear people chanting "USA" in the streets after the announced death of Osama Bin Laden, we can see how war is reduced to a football game mentality.
vancity eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #57
j35p3r4d0

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddy View Post
The world is run by morons because the world is full of morons worshipping morons.
This is the sort of generalization that silly people make about people who have great influence, and is the sort of underestimation that shows you don't really understand or respect those people for their influence.
j35p3r4d0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #58
moonwolf

Because theyre brainwashed tv,movies,games anf the media into thinking its a good career a good cause and brings you glory wich of course is all a big ball of BS
Old 28-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #59
doobyferkin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwolf View Post
Because theyre brainwashed tv,movies,games anf the media into thinking its a good career a good cause and brings you glory wich of course is all a big ball of BS
and it starts with the schools with cadets.

http://navytrainingcorps.org/cadets/

doobyferkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #60
andy1033

I would never join the military, even if i lived at a time of a draft.

Just glad we live in an era we do not have too, and glad about that. Maybe in future stuff will happen, but i will be too old if it happened in my life anyway, as something is at least decades away.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote