Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 07-06-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
cosmic tramp

Default BREAKING...Poundworld shutting down 100 UK stores

Poundworld is closing down 100 UK stores, the one near me already has a 50% off everything (50p) sale. Anything near you ?

This is Poundworld not Poundland by the way, don't get confused
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #2
tom bombadil

Nothing against the store or its staff....

Franchises like there were and are renown for taking up large spaces from a closed large store in an area. They were the only ones that could afford the store rates (taxes) to do such a thing!

They are there to fill the gap between the unable to afford and the shops own brand. They present a possability for those less able to afford something that normally costs too much.

This is a shame.
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
fairyprincess

I wonder if the business will get sold on for a pound.....
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 07:59 PM   #4
iamawaveofthesea

the highstreet is collapsing
Old 07-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #5
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
the highstreet is collapsing
By design.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:42 PM   #6
jake_ball

They are getting rid of the high street stores (ALL of them).

.....And also getting rid of cash.

Hey Presto! We will then be buying everything ONLINE ONLY.

That was the agenda from the start. I remember saying that over a decade ago on the DIF.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:08 PM   #7
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post

That was the agenda from the start. I remember saying that over a decade ago on the DIF.
all those people employed in the service economy replaced by automation

then they'll have to fall back on the state which will offer universal basic income in the form of digital currency accessible through a microchip

first of all the microchip will be offered in wearable form and then it will be offered as an implantable

Finally it will become compulsory to have the microchip implanted and it will be done at birth
Old 07-06-2018, 10:35 PM   #8
wingwang

It's interesting that there's a planned Westfield shopping centre planned here in South London while the current high street is dying a sordid death! The neighbouring towns of Sutton and Bromley are up in arms at the plans as they fear the new Westfield will be the final nail in the coffin for them. Looks like physical shopping will become centralised leaving vast swathes of nothing but housing... not even a pub! Agenda 21, anyone?!
wingwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #9
Firewand

Maplin is also shutting down it's high street stores, there's other high street name stores closing down too. Can't remember which one's off hand? A lot of this is obviously down to bigger online retailers such as amazon and ebay etc monopolizing the markets.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:44 PM   #10
wingwang

House of Fraser is another one, two branches to close in London...
Old 07-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #11
wingwang

Talking about Amazon, there are many people who don't like to buy on Amazon on principal because of the way they treat their staff... like slaves...
Old 08-06-2018, 12:55 AM   #12
sevenhills

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingwang View Post
Talking about Amazon, there are many people who don't like to buy on Amazon on principal because of the way they treat their staff... like slaves...
There are millions more who do like Amazon, or we would not be where we are with shops closing all over the place.

People choose to shop online and then complain there are no local shops - How on earth do the make that one work in their minds??
Old 08-06-2018, 01:02 AM   #13
thee_doctor

Quote:

then they'll have to fall back on the state which will offer universal basic income in the form of digital currency accessible through a microchip

first of all the microchip will be offered in wearable form and then it will be offered as an implantable

Finally it will become compulsory to have the microchip implanted and it will be done at birth
Yes, The Mark Of The Beast... you cannot buy or sell without this mark.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:15 AM   #14
sevenhills

Quote:
Originally Posted by thee_doctor View Post
Yes, The Mark Of The Beast... you cannot buy or sell without this mark.
Yes you can.
I have bought a lot of things today with cash. Sometimes cash is simply the only way to do trade deals
Old 08-06-2018, 04:18 AM   #15
madmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenhills View Post
Yes you can.
I have bought a lot of things today with cash. Sometimes cash is simply the only way to do trade deals
Good while cash lasts, but there is increasing pressure to get rid of it.

Just the opinion of a lad from the bush.
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #16
sparkplug

Wasn't Poundworld just a copy of Poundland? I bet Poundland are doing OK.

Maplins going is no great loss, you can buy most of their chinese tat a lot cheaper elsewhere. Although I feel sorry for the staff losing their jobs in all this.

If I take a look at the nearest high street to where I live it's all fast food shops, charity shops and bookies.

Raising business rates by a lot recently hasn't helped, nor has the war on the motorist either.

Like Jake Ball has already said, it's all by design.

Soon your choice will be Amazon, Ebay or a supermarket. All competition will be gone.

Maybe a drone or some form of robot will drop your goods off.

People will look back on the TV in years to come and be amazed that people went shopping and that there were all the different shops in the high street.
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:45 AM   #17
techman

I can't see shops completely disappearing from our high streets altogether, but what I can imagine (as someone above speculated) is pushing away the local high street shops and only leaving these giant centralised retail parks, with housing development where the old shops once stood.

Regarding House of Fraser being on the news lately, but who the hell shops at House of Fraser?, certainly not me and noone else I know. I don't even know where the nearest store is. Same when they bang on about all of the other affluent and trendy high street stores that seem to be losing staff and profits; again not the sort of place I'm ever likely to shop at - far too posh and expensive for me. It's abit like me going to shop at Harrods.

I suspect if Poundworld goes down the tube, then another Pound store will spring up to replace it. These Pound chain shops attract the rabble and less well off of our society, no doubt increasing in numbers due to austerity. So for them being in business is a good thing and a good thing for tptb to keep the masses enslaved.

I have noticed the retail near to me there are some stores closing down and being replaced by other businesses. The retail park at the moment consists of Argos, Pets at Home (what happened to all those lovely pet shops we used to have?), JD Sports, Poundworld (or was until recently), Next...and that's pretty much it. Up until a few years ago, there was a Comet, and some other electrical retail businesses. Going back about 20 years ago we had a Comet, Miller Brothers, Scottish Electric (or something like that) and Maplin's all competing on the same retail park. Miller Brothers went years ago. I suspect the likes of the online retailers like amazon, Play.com, etc are the likely reasons for this.

Last edited by techman; 08-06-2018 at 11:51 AM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #18
brophy123

Quote:

The chip is already here in a wearable form, your mobile phone. Apple Pay is basically digital cash.

But then I do agree with all AI etc, being uploaded onto the ‘cloud’ people will be having the implant to pay for sure.
brophy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #19
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post

Looks like it doesn't it! I do buy some things on ebay ( like the microwave steamer I got recently) but most of my shopping is done in physical shops- especially food, cleaning stuff/household and clothes ( not that I can afford them very often, aside from underwear I buy most clothes from charity shops).

Clothes on the whole, need to be tried on so we need physical clothes shops.

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #20
itsnotallrightjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman View Post
I can't see shops completely disappearing from our high streets altogether, but what I can imagine (as someone above speculated) is pushing away the local high street shops and only leaving these giant centralised retail parks, with housing development where the old shops once stood.

Regarding House of Fraser being on the news lately, but who the hell shops at House of Fraser?, certainly not me and noone else I know. I don't even know where the nearest store is. Same when they bang on about all of the other affluent and trendy high street stores that seem to be losing staff and profits; again not the sort of place I'm ever likely to shop at - far too posh and expensive for me. It's abit like me going to shop at Harrods.

I suspect if Poundworld goes down the tube, then another Pound store will spring up to replace it. These Pound chain shops attract the rabble and less well off of our society, no doubt increasing in numbers due to austerity. So for them being in business is a good thing and a good thing for tptb to keep the masses enslaved.

I have noticed the retail near to me there are some stores closing down and being replaced by other businesses. The retail park at the moment consists of Argos, Pets at Home (what happened to all those lovely pet shops we used to have?), JD Sports, Poundworld (or was until recently), Next...and that's pretty much it. Up until a few years ago, there was a Comet, and some other electrical retail businesses. Going back about 20 years ago we had a Comet, Miller Brothers, Scottish Electric (or something like that) and Maplin's all competing on the same retail park. Miller Brothers went years ago. I suspect the likes of the online retailers like amazon, Play.com, etc are the likely reasons for this.
Yes, I have never been able to afford clothes from those department stores! I have for years now been getting any clothes I need from charity shops, with leggings from Primark ( not keen on shopping there but hey when you are stuck on benefits can't afford House of Fraser leggings lol). Sometimes when I have bought new it's been from those budget clearance stores- £5 items. And when I've had temp work in the past, a pair of trousers for £10 in Asda.

The stores that seem to be doing well round here are Home Bargains, B&M, Primark, Argos, John Lewis, Chlas Ohlsen, Aldi, Lidl and yes we have pound shops, but now only 2 left in town. We have got fancy clothes shops in town like Zara, but I dunno who could afford to shop in them- must be tourists!

Oh and remember Netto? I wonder what happened to them!

It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.

Rod Serling.

Last edited by itsnotallrightjack; 08-06-2018 at 12:05 PM.
itsnotallrightjack is offline   Reply With Quote