Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 31-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #72881
strikeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyhand View Post
I haven't found anything about this fire yet, if the writer is correct.
Quote:
http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=106

Also in that block was a place called Higher Broughton Assembly Rooms which had indoor fountains and a sprung dancefloor. On a Friday night Jimmy Saville was the DJ and ugly Ray Terret was his apprentice who was like a mini-me of Jimmy Saville. There were quite a few fires there which I could see out of my window but the place always rose from the ashes and would be a bit more splendid than before.
This is the earlier post of yours that I was talking about.
strikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #72882
troyhand
Banned

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/...test-1-1473178
The Scarborough News - 5 April 2010

STRENGTH and endurance will be put to the test when Scar-borough's famous coal hump returns next Sunday

The event, which will start and end at the Ivanhoe pub, was an annual tradition in the town for years but came to an end in 2005 due to dwindling interest.

But it enjoyed a renaissance last year, attracting more than 30 men and women competitors who successfully completed the 1.1 mile course while carrying a weight ranging from 12.5kg to 50kg.

Organiser Andy Walters, who runs Sunset Gym in Belle Vue Street, said all proceeds from this year’s race, which is set to start at 10am, will be donated to the Scarborough Children’s Cystic Fibrosis Fund.
The course has been extended to 2.2 miles – double last year’s distance – due to the team contest and Mr Walters, who runs Sunset Health and Fitness Club in Belle Vue Street, warns it is no “walk in the park”.

The 2003 event had a special entrant – legendary DJ and TV personality Sir Jimmy Savile, who completed the course carrying a 30lb bag of coal despite being in his late 70s.
troyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #72883
strikeback

And just 10 miles away from Gorton in Rochdale, Savile's close friend Cyril Smith was holding satanic child abuse orgies on Saddleworth Moor, site of the Moors murders, with Michael Horgan.

It's a huge amount of paedophile activity concentrated in a very small area.

SOURCE: http://aangirfan.blogspot.de/2013/01...ic-orgies.html

We just need Barbara Hewson to pop up here now with a smug smile on her face to tell us Satanic Ritual Abuse isn't real and we're all mad.

Last edited by strikeback; 31-07-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 31-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #72884
reallife
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkick View Post
He had a quite different attitude when it came down to opening stuff for B. Butlin.

comment taken from another forum ....

"In 1965 when Jimmy was as big as they get he opened the monorail at Skegness and gave pleasure to hundreds when he also did a 'walkabout' all he charged was a box of King Edward cigars!! God bless Jimmy RIP. "

http://www.butlins-memories.com/foru...-a-true-legend

oddly, on the topic of walls being covered up, there's another comment further down....

"Sir Jimmy was a family friend. His mum owned a flat next to the Crown hotel in Scarborough and when she passed away Sir Jim lived it in whenever he was in town. My dad was a painter & decorator and did quite a lot of work for him."
When I was in my 20s I had a friend that lived in Scarborough her dad worked at GCHQ up there. While there I had a bit of a fling (am no angel) with Barbara Windsors young husband she had a farmhouse out there.
It was a bit scruffy with old 50s kind of decorations and furniture. She also bought him a restaurant there. Nobody has mentioned the GCHQ in Scarborough I might be way off here but funny how they congregate around these kind of places.
reallife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #72885
troyhand
Banned

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....d-bars-1181668
Manchester Evening News- 17 February 2007

THE first journalist to interview Myra Hindley believes her apologists ensured she was never freed from prison.

Lord Longford's campaign to release her inspired such anger among the public that she became a political prisoner, Clive Entwistle said.

Had they kept quiet she would almost certainly have been freed, he claims.
"But she's allowed herself through these do-gooders like Lord Longford to be demonised. Ultimately she became a political prisoner."

On Thursday, 17 October 1965, the young Clive didn't realise it was the most significant 20 minutes of his professional life.

While at Hyde courts, the young freelance reporter had heard there had been a murder in Hattersley. He got in his car and soon found police swarming round the crime scene.

He walked into the back of 16 Wardle Brook Avenue and interviewed the girlfriend of a man who had just been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Interview

Her name meant nothing at the time but in the following years it would become synonymous with evil: she was Myra Hindley.

He gave her a cup of tea made by a police officer and started his interview, in which she gave the impression she was an upset and concerned innocent.

He said: "I sat down and basically had a 20-minute chat with Myra Hindley not realising in any shape or form the enormity of what was about to be revealed. As far as the police were concerned it was an open and shut case, a straight-forward murder.

"They had got the bad guy who had admitted it and he was in custody. I got her name out of her and asked what she knew about the killing. She just stared away. I introduced myself and handed her a cup and saucer, which she held but never drank.

"I asked whether she knew the dead man and all I got was silence. After a while I changed tack and asked her boyfriend's name. She said Ian Brady. I asked what happened and I was just stonewalled. It was a one-way conversation and after 20 minutes I got up and left.

"All that appeared in the papers was that a man had been charged with murder after police discovered the body of a young man trussed up in the back bedroom of a house on a housing estate near Hyde. That was all there was."

Two days later, Clive's father-in-law, a policeman, phoned the young reporter - the officer had been asked to find two of Brady's suitcases in the left-luggage departments of Manchester's railway stations.

At Exchange Station, the last of the five city railway stations he searched, he found the suitcases. In them he found, among other things, a 16-minute 21-second tape recording of the murder of Lesley Ann Downey.

Every time a journalist makes a scoop and is related to a cop on the case, I turn on the BS detector.

Did Ian Brady confess about the suitcases in the train station locker, or was that an "anonymous tip."

Last edited by troyhand; 31-07-2013 at 05:05 PM.
Old 31-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #72886
troyhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallife View Post
When I was in my 20s I had a friend that lived in Scarborough her dad worked at GCHQ up there. While there I had a bit of a fling (am no angel) with Barbara Windsors young husband she had a farmhouse out there.
It was a bit scruffy with old 50s kind of decorations and furniture. She also bought him a restaurant there. Nobody has mentioned the GCHQ in Scarborough I might be way off here but funny how they congregate around these kind of places.
You've had an interesting life. lol

RK? I bet he knew some things. Where was this farm/restaurant at? Remember the name?

Last edited by troyhand; 31-07-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 31-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #72887
strikeback

Default Savile/MKUltra/Drumming/Moors Murders/Ritual

There's something really creepy about The Little Drummer Boy playing on the tape of Leslie Anne Downey's murder. Remember the recent posts about Savile always drumming out coded beats?

Drumming is associated with MK-Ultra programming. E.g. the death of Amy Winehouse :-

People who knew Amy Winehouse in Camden, north London, have been speaking after the singer’s death at the age of 27.

One of her neighbours said he is convinced she died in the early hours of Friday because he heard screaming.

“I think something happened that night. It sounded like some weird sexual game. There was screaming and howling.”

The man, who would not be named, said he was woken by the sound at around 2am that night.

“It just sounded really weird and my son said he heard some kind of drum beating.”

SOURCE: http://www.london24.com/news/news/ob...wling_1_972931

Drumming is also associated with ritual sacrifices, particularly child sacrifices, to the fire god (Nimrod, Saturn, Kronos, Molech and Baal)

SOURCE: http://www.wicwiki.org.uk/mediawiki/...hild_Sacrifice

Nimrod did make child sacrifices and was dubbed himself "king" and tried to build a stairway to heaven to fight god. He is associated with fire and ritual drum beats <--- to cover up the screams of the children being sacrificed. Watch 9-11 biddy with bush at school, the teacher is doing a drum beat as people in twin towers are dying....

SOURCE: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2090599/pg1

Was Savile an MK-Ultra programmer? Was that his link to serial killers like the Moors Murderers and Peter Sutcliffe? Reminded me too of this post earlier in the thread :-

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...ostcount=23129

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_mundi View Post
I read this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...an-Davies.html

and it got me thinking how Savile seems to be a 'handler'. He took Tony Calder and Ray Teret and made them his protégés.

He mentored the younger men and made him like him. They then went on to have fairly successful careers of their own.

Father and son - how creepy is that?!

Anyway, this led me to try to discover a link to MKUltra. It's quite tenuous but I like playing six degrees of separation. In this case it's only 3 degrees of separation:

Dr David Owen - "rubber stamped" Savile's appointment to Broadmoor Hospital

Dr David Owen - worked under Dr William Sargant at St Thomas's Hospital, before changing careers - leaving medicine for politics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...the-wards.html

Dr David Owen:

Wiki - Dr William Sargant - associated with brainwashing/MKUltra:
Acress Celia Imrie was treated at St. Thomas's Hospital clinic run by William Sargant.

Quote:
Desperate now, my parents decided to send me away to St Thomas’ Hospital in London, to enter one of the special wards belonging to the Department of Psychological Medicine. And once there I was placed under the care of world-famous psychiatrist William Sargant. I was 14.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnew...s-evil-doctor/

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showp...ostcount=23129
Old 31-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #72888
reallife
Banned

Quote:
You've had an interesting life. lol

RK? I bet he knew some things. Where was this farm/restaurant at? Remember the name?
I cant remember it was 30 odd years ago. The guy was called Stephen I saw him in news papers with her so I knew who he was. A bit of research might bring up where the farm was but I dint think about it till I came here to DI and it was the GCHQ that reminded me of him.
reallife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #72889
unseen_influencer

Default Drumming

Strikeback:

"Drumming is also associated with ritual sacrifices, particularly child sacrifices, to the fire god (Nimrod, Saturn, Kronos, Molech and Baal)"

This immediately reminded me of the scene in C. S. Lewis's Magician's Nephew
where Jadis speaks about the civil war in Charn and how the sacrificial drums were beating in the temple.

“I began to get really keen, for every man at the bottom of his heart believes that he is a born detective.” Sir Edward Leithen in "The Power House" by John Buchan

http://unseen-influences.blogspot.com

Last edited by unseen_influencer; 31-07-2013 at 06:09 PM.
unseen_influencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #72890
bossman10

Quote:
I cant remember it was 30 odd years ago. The guy was called Stephen I saw him in news papers with her so I knew who he was. A bit of research might bring up where the farm was but I dint think about it till I came here to DI and it was the GCHQ that reminded me of him.
Barbara has been married three times, to gangster Ronnie Knight (1964-1985), publican Stephen Hollings (1986-1995) and actor Scott Mitchell (2000 to date).

Any help?
bossman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #72891
unseen_influencer

Default Drummer boys

"Drummer boys were children recruited as drummers for use on the battlefield.

Until well into the 19th century, western armies recruited young boys to act as drummers. The drums were an important part of the battlefield communications system, with various drum rolls used to signal different commands from officers to troops."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drummer_boy_(military)

“I began to get really keen, for every man at the bottom of his heart believes that he is a born detective.” Sir Edward Leithen in "The Power House" by John Buchan

http://unseen-influences.blogspot.com
unseen_influencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #72892
troyhand
Banned

Quote:
I wonder if he's now owner of the Plough where David Cameron chillaxes till he's so drunk he leaves and forgets his eight-year-old daughter?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-days-ago.html
Daily Mail - 18 June 2012

Now, is that everybody? 'Chillax Dave' Cameron rounds up family at the same pub where he forgot his daughter Nancy, 8 (but at least this time he remembered her)
Two months ago he left his eldest Nancy at The Plough near Chequers by mistake
A rambler snapped him 'sitting on a fence and drinking Guinness'

http://www.theguardian.com/theobserv...atures.review7
Guardian - 1 June 2002

...He was a chef from Yorkshire, 18 years her junior. They bought a pub and restaurant in Buckinghamshire, which collapsed along with their marriage, leaving her with hefty debts.
Old 31-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #72893
victoria meldrew

Default Beards

Anyone watch Mary Beard and her documentary about Caligula? Apparently it was expected of the "elite" that they showed no feelings. If you were sitting next to your brother at a banquet at Caligula's table and he collapsed and died (through poisoning), you were expected to carry on eating as if nothing had happened. Any reaction was a sign of weakness! Lizardbreathe is obviously related!

Talking of "Beard" - Si-Co Well must be crapping his big pants now he's going to become a Dad.

Wonder if Kitty will announce she's expecting kittens?

Last edited by victoria meldrew; 31-07-2013 at 07:35 PM.
victoria meldrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #72894
victoria meldrew

Quote:
I think what GCHQ is Fylingdales - out on the winding windy moor? The dish they have there is a major eyesore.
Here you go ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Fylingdales

Funnily enough, on the Whitby to Scarborough Road is Scaling Dam: Scaling Dam
Scaling Dam is located approximately half way between Guisborough and Whitby on the A171 moor road. Although still owned by Northumbrian Water, the reservoir is no longer used for water extraction and is now managed by the Scaling Dam Wildlife Advisory Group (SDWAG) for nature conservation and recreation (including birdwatching, angling and sailing).

In 2003, the new Fishing Lodge and Visitor Centre were opened, providing toilets, hot and cold drinks, sale of tackle and confectionary and a fishing jetty. Water level management in recent years by the SDWAG has resulted in a significant increase in the number of birds using the reservoir, particularly waders. There is a spacious hide overlooking the Western part of the reservoir, which is a designated nature reserve.

Scaling Dam Sailing Club has a full range of water sports including sailing and wind surfing. The club holds regular races and encourages casual sailing. Scaling Dam is a Royal Yachting Association recognised training establishment for dinghy sailing and courses at level 1 and level 2 are held twice a year.
If you are in the area on holiday, you can join the club for 30 days and take part in all the club activities. Visit www.scalingdam.org for further information about the Scaling Dam Sailing Club.

Fishing at Scaling Dam is very popular with beginners, with the reservoir being only 42 hectares (105 acres) and a maximum depth of nine metres (30ft). Scaling Dam also includes a population of Pike which can be targetted by the Pike fly angler, or by more traditional methods.

Last edited by victoria meldrew; 31-07-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 31-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #72895
border reiver

Lots of references to military drummers or just drumming the last day or so.

So, would it be pertinent to mention that the victim of the 'Woolwich terrorist attack' was a military drummer?

I hope I've not got my wires-crossed here, because it's way out of my field.
border reiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #72896
border reiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria meldrew View Post

I think what GCHQ is Fylingdales - out on the winding windy moor? The dish they have there is a major eyesore.
My grandparents on my dad's side used to live in Whitby and as part of the lengthy journey a challenge was the first to spot 'the giant golf balls'. That was Fylingdales, and I was sad to learn quite some time ago that they've since been demolished.

As a slightly weird aside, my 1950s Wolseley has just been re-painted at a paint shop based in the former 'listening station' at Poundon - which was mentioned in a post the other day re ops which could've involved Vile during WWII.
border reiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #72897
troyhand
Banned

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...g=6933,3308331
Saskatoon Star-Phoenix - Oct 20, 1965

Bodies hunted in effort to nab maniac killer

Manchester, England (AP) - The maniac killer in Britain's weird mass murder hunt tortured his victims and tape recorded their dying screams, detectives reported today.

But although they told recordings of the murders, and even photographs of the mutilated victims, police have found only one of the bodies.

They believe up to eight and perhaps 11 others are buried on the wild northern moorlands where the dismembered body of 10-year-old Lesley Ann Downey was found last weekend.

Police seized tape and photographs in a raid on a house in Cheshire near the Pennine Hills where the hunt for the bodies continues.

More tape was found in a suitcase left in a Manchester railway station cloakroom. From tapes and photographs, detectives have built up a casebook of a sadist who enticed young children, got them drunk on wine and then murdered them if they refused to join perversions.

A senior detective said: "This case is beginning to rank as one of the most nauseating mass murder investigations in British history."

Police said they know the killer and are awaiting only to establish an iron-clad case before charging him. Their main difficulty is in finding the bodies.

Scores of detectives have been digging for 10 days on Saddleworth Moor, a desolate stretch of peat bog and rocks on the Yorkshire-Lancashire borders.

Their leaders believe the killer selected his victims from youngsters whom he took on wine-drinking parties on the moor.

Technicians of the BBC helped detectives analyze and copy the murder tapes.

Derek Ibbotson, British track star and former world mile record holder, went with police to the murder moor Tuesday.

He showed them the spot where he saw a large black car parked early this year - just after Lesley Downey vanished from her Manchester home.

"I'd never noticed a car parked that far from the road on these moors before. I did nothing about it at the time but now I begin to wonder."

That's a different story from what this BS reporter talks about.

Quote:
While at Hyde courts, the young freelance reporter had heard there had been a murder in Hattersley. He got in his car and soon found police swarming round the crime scene.

He walked into the back of 16 Wardle Brook Avenue and interviewed the girlfriend of a man who had just been arrested on suspicion of murder.
"All that appeared in the papers was that a man had been charged with murder after police discovered the body of a young man trussed up in the back bedroom of a house on a housing estate near Hyde. That was all there was."

Two days later, Clive's father-in-law, a policeman, phoned the young reporter - the officer had been asked to find two of Brady's suitcases in the left-luggage departments of Manchester's railway stations.

At Exchange Station, the last of the five city railway stations he searched, he found the suitcases. In them he found, among other things, a 16-minute 21-second tape recording of the murder of Lesley Ann Downey.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Ibbotson

[Derek] Ibbotson represented England in the then Empire Games at Cardiff in 1958 and, like everyone else, was beaten out of sight by the great Herb Elliott
He was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours for services to athletics.

Quote:
http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/arti...prince charles
The Canberra Times - Wednesday 6 April 1955

Welsh Want Charles As Prince
LONDON. Tuesday.
Queen Elizabeth has been asked to agree to an investiture of Prince Charles as Prince of Wales in 1958.

This would coincide with the Empire Games, which will be held in Cardiff, the Welsh capital, and a proposed festival of Wales.

Members of the festival committee have been told of the plan.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/2883747
The Canberra Times - Tuesday 9 June 1953
Prince Charles May Soon Be Made Prince Of Wales By Queen

The people of Wales have petitioned Her Majesty to bestow the 600-year-old title, traditionally reserved for the Sovereign's eldest son, on the boy who will one day be King.
It is understood that the Queen recently, has been studying an ancient manuscript book dealing with the ritual of the installation of the Prince of Wales. This contains descriptions of the service by Welsh scholars, with a translation into English on the opposite pages.
I wonder if he's a buddy of Charles, too. He gotta pretty medal from the royal's for being a flash-in-the-pan runner. He was there for Charles ritualized coronation as Snoopy of Wales (a dog by any other name) in Cardiff's first Empire Games, and I'm sure he'd gotten acquainted with Savile at a race or two. So, he's the witness that helped wrap the murder spree up nice and neat. Figures.

Last edited by troyhand; 31-07-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 31-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #72898
victoria meldrew

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by border reiver View Post
Lots of references to military drummers or just drumming the last day or so.

So, would it be pertinent to mention that the victim of the 'Woolwich terrorist attack' was a military drummer?

I hope I've not got my wires-crossed here, because it's way out of my field.
Bing Crosby (already mentioned) had a big Christmas hit with David Bowie (previously mentioned) with their version of "Little Drummer Boy". Scum does rise to the surface.

Last edited by victoria meldrew; 31-07-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 31-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #72899
victoria meldrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by border reiver View Post
My grandparents on my dad's side used to live in Whitby and as part of the lengthy journey a challenge was the first to spot 'the giant golf balls'. That was Fylingdales, and I was sad to learn quite some time ago that they've since been demolished.

As a slightly weird aside, my 1950s Wolseley has just been re-painted at a paint shop based in the former 'listening station' at Poundon - which was mentioned in a post the other day re ops which could've involved Vile during WWII.
Yeah - thank you - there were "golfballs" as well as that dish I remember. I remember travelling those roads quite well (albeit many years ago) in my Dad's Austin Cambridge. As we passed them, he always pointed them out and told us it was a "hush-hush" station? Am now reminded of Blakey Ridge on those them Moors - the highest point where "you would be snowed in for months".

Did you see the "white horse" on the Cleveland Hills?
Old 31-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #72900
dopey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrified View Post
Obituary: Peter Burton: Writer and pioneer of gay journalism
Pulsifer, Gary. The Guardian [London (UK)] 30 Nov 2011: 42.

Peter Burton, who has died of a heart attack aged 66, was one of the pioneers of gay journalism in the UK. In the late 1960s he began to write for Spartacus, now known as an international gay guide but then a magazine run from a guesthouse in Brighton. "When John D Stamford founded Spartacus there was no gay press and although there were plenty of gay journalists, there was no gay journalism," said Peter in a recent interview with his friend Torsten Hojer. "Those of us who were involved from the very beginning had to find our material and learn to write about it in a style our readers would not have previously encountered."

In 1973, Peter began writing for the broadsheet title Gay News, and by 1976 he was acting as PA to the editor Denis Lemon and serving as the paper's literary editor. That year, Mary Whitehouse, of the National Viewers' and Listeners' Association, brought a private prosecution of blasphemous libel against Lemon and Gay News after it published James Kirkup's poem The Love That Dares to Speak Its Name, about a Roman centurion who sodomises the body of Christ after its removal from the cross. The jury found in Whitehouse's favour: Lemon was fined and received a suspended prison sentence. Lemon later dubbed Peter the "Godfather of Gay Journalism", a term its recipient ultimately found flattering.

When Gay News closed in 1983, Peter became the literary and features editor of Gay Times, a position he held until 2003. He was also the last publisher of the merged Millivres Books/Gay Men's Press imprint, where he went out of his way to champion emerging and underrated voices. Peter wrote or contributed to some 30 books in total, including six anthologies, three of which were nominated for Lambda literary awards. I first met Peter when I set up Arcadia Books and was delighted that we could publish his final two anthologies, A Casualty of War (2009), and What Love Is, published earlier this year. Peter wrote two volumes of memoirs, Parallel Lives (Gay Men's Press, 1985) and Amongst the Aliens: Some Aspects of a Gay Life (Millivres, 1995). He also edited Talking to . . . (Third House, 1991), a collection of interviews spanning a quarter of a century, featured subjects including Quentin Crisp, Patricia Highsmith, Christopher Isherwood, Edmund White, Hanif Kureishi and Kenneth Williams.

Peter was born in Hackney, east London. One of his first jobs after leaving school in Leyton at 15 was as an office junior in the independent publishing house Hamish Hamilton. This served as a conduit into the world of letters, although along the way there were a number of detours, including a stint as manager of Le Duce, one of London's early gay nightclubs, which he ran from 1966 (when homosexuality was still illegal) until 1968; the basement club in Soho was subjected to regular police raids. Peter's break into journalism came when he responded to a classified advertisement in the counterculture magazine International Times and found himself writing for Spartacus.

A surprising number of books grew out of Peter's involvement with two very different artists. The first was Rod Stewart. Peter worked for a period during the 1970s for Stewart's manager Billy Gaff and handled the American press when Stewart and the Faces went on tour. He relished the parties at Studio 54 and the rock'n'roll lifestyle up to a point, but was also content to curl up in his hotel room with a cup of tea and a good book. His authorised biography, Rod Stewart: A Life On the Town (1977) earned him the freedom to buy a flat in Brighton.

His editorial expertise came in handy when, in 1968, he acted as PA to the novelist Robin Maugham, nephew of Somerset. He helped him to complete his final books, including Escape from the Shadows, The Last Encounter, The Barrier, The Dividing Line and Lovers in Exile.

Peter was very widely read, but modest with it. In later years he liked nothing more than entertaining people to lunch or dinner in his ramshackle house on the outskirts of Brighton, crammed floor to ceiling with books. Recently he acted as literary consultant for the local Clifton Montpelier Powis festival (he was already planning the lineup for next year's programme) and was a regular book reviewer for the Daily Express.

His partner Ian predeceased him. Peter is survived by his sister Pamela and by Torsten.

Gary Pulsifer

Peter William Burton, journalist, publisher and author, born 29 April 1945; died 7 November 2011

Leyton is right next to Walthamstow (E London/Essex borders) - Peter was 15 in 1960 - just wondering whether he ran into the Krays at all - Le Duce sounds like exactly the kind of place Ronnie would have wanted to stop by after an evening gambling with Boothby
Well worth a re-visit to Peter Burton, or more specifically Gay News and its owner/editors.

Reason being, as previously covered back in January on here, the UK registered and postal address for Coltsfoot Productions (Spartacus/John Stamford/Frank Torey) was one and the same as the address for Gay News- 1A Normand Gardens, London W14 9SB

Some good background info (and other names) for Gay News here

http://www.pinktriangle.org.uk/glh/214/norton.html

It was announced in 1982 that Spartacus had acquired Coltsfoot Press. As above the address in the UK given for Coltsfoot was the Normand Gardens address.

However, in February 1982 Gay News was sold to Robert Palmer Marketing Limited (owned by Robert Mortimer Palmer, who was also the Treasurer and Chair of the Campaign for Homosexual Equality (CHE) during the period 1976-1980) and the Normand Gardens premises was sold by Lemon around the same time too.

Very interesting snippets, and company documents relating to Coltsfoot courtesy of the Bishop Brightly blog here

http://7493021a.wordpress.com/2013/0...s-coincidence/

Coltsfoot Press was Francis D Shelden's (AKA Frank Torey, PAN editor) baby. Its original American address was 507 Fifth Avenue New York 10017. Of no coincidence is the fact that, once Frank Torey became a fugitive and settled eventuually in Amsterdam, Coltsfoot switched its registered operations from the States to Amsterdam (and the UK) with him.

Last edited by dopey; 31-07-2013 at 08:22 PM.
dopey is offline   Reply With Quote