Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 26-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #1
wildhorse

Default Van life AND working...wiv cats! ???

So....I have decided to trade in my beloved roadie (a smart roadster) who has been so much fun, with an Audi estate....with sole intention to convert the back into a kinda camper. My set up will be simple but shit hot I plan to go wild camping around Scotland in it, especially when I move up there in a few weeks, regardless of whether I get the "yes" from my nurse training uni. Im so done here in England.

Then, because its gunna be such a good set up, I am seriously thinking of putting notice on my house and living in my camper car for a few months or more (depends how I get on)

But I have two furry faced individuals to consider.

They wouldnt be an issue if I was permanently in car with them, they would get used to it, but I will be going to work doing 12 hour shifts, especially as a student nurse.

(the more I type the more Im thinking this aint gunna work lol)

I plan on living in car on my drive (its private and my cool neighbours would be wel jel of my den ) just to get cats used to idea I live here now and that its not so bad this get up and its where I will start feeding them.....and food always speaks to their little hearts

I was thinking of being on a campsite the days Im at work and setting up a cat tent for them with their beds in but dunno if this is viable in the cat scheme of things.

Car would be too small for them in there whilst I work espesh as one is a right queen and would stress her out if she couldnt get away from her nemesis

Other issues aside from that are "no fixed abode" BS when applying for a student loan and keeping bank account....and then theres the car insurance with NFA and sleeping in the car.

They really have rigged it

But...then the pluses are self explanatory which is why I'm raking head...I don't wanna rehome or foster but I dont wanna cause them shit either.

Any ideas or has anyone done something similar ?

Last edited by wildhorse; 26-06-2017 at 05:36 PM.
wildhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
iamawaveofthesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhorse View Post
Any ideas or has anyone done something similar ? )
an adapted trailer for the cats? Consider though the risk of releasing animals to roam around roads

another option is a flat share

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 26-06-2017 at 10:06 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
wildhorse

thank you for your reply, I love these lil buggers and I wouldnt wanna stress them out so am going to look at fostering them out until I build funds and business up whilst nursing. I jus didnt wanna face it. But now I have it feels like a weight has been lifted.

It will make life easier to be able to stealth camp in hospital car park and wild camp when not at work....it will be much cheaper too. When I get sorted, they can come home and I can take them with me on my jaunts. They tend to stay around me when Im outside so put these two in real nature and they wont be going anywhere

I asked an ex if he could look after them (he was their daddy and loved them and truly got both of them and still has psychic connection with my black one)
He would have done, but hes on a journey flying nest like I am

I am putting it out there to a colleague who is a great animal person like I am, lets animals be themselves and just fab in herself.....I am hoping she can help me and my fur babes

On a side note...got unit that will be main piece of conversion....looking shabbily good and just perfect. Roadie is on sale from the 3rd July....predictably the engine management light of doom has just come on ffs...best go get him looked at, hope its nowt.

My Nomad Nurse life begins (I sense a youtube channel coming on)

Last edited by wildhorse; 27-06-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 27-06-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
iamawaveofthesea

sounds sensible

Good luck and enjoy your biggest expenses being a little petrol and a little road tax. Goodbye rent and council tax!

I'm sure it won't take you long to figure out where all the quiet spots and public loos are!

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 27-06-2017 at 03:26 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #5
wildhorse

hehe thank you

yeah, I mean I will still be forking shit out but, this way I will have a shelter always. Student nurses only get 400-500 quid a month....realistically I wont be able to do a shift every week on bank. I just cannot do it any other way. But then, there is a deeper part that wants to do this, to just be in total nature and that be my home. Different setting every now and then. There are plenty of spots i Scotland. I already have the quieter spots in the hospital car parks ear marked for some stealth camping by the more greener parts

I am hoping to join Marie Curie on pallative care to do on top of my training (if I get on course) I am going to hunt round for a decent cattery and see what money is like in few months to utilise that service whilst at work. Its all still up in air but I am feeling it....I have the get up in my front room as its coming....its cosy, perfect and its mint
Old 30-06-2017, 05:21 AM   #6
motleyhoo

That sounds like a lot of fun. I hope for the best for your kitties. I have 3 and they are part of the family. I can't imagine having to give them to someone else.

My favorite car of all time was an Audi A4 Quattro that I bought new in 1998. I would have kept that car going forever if I could. It still looked like new when it was 11 years old. I had an accident in a parking lot of all places and it was totalled. :-(
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:21 PM   #7
wildhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by motleyhoo View Post
That sounds like a lot of fun. I hope for the best for your kitties. I have 3 and they are part of the family. I can't imagine having to give them to someone else.

My favorite car of all time was an Audi A4 Quattro that I bought new in 1998. I would have kept that car going forever if I could. It still looked like new when it was 11 years old. I had an accident in a parking lot of all places and it was totalled. :-(
ah the A4 avant is what I am looking at. Good solid car, and refined too...very stealth, cept for roof box.

Upon some more research, cattery will have to wait until the hot months. Basically they will be in a confined space stressed to fuck every day. May aswell be in their own confined space Cats are staying in the car with all windows ajar and they will be warm enough (theyre used to cold moors winters so an igloo in a car is toasty for them)

The hospital parking is alright when I get on placement or am working a shift there....whilst I am at uni its gunna prove trickier. Found a lorry stop for overnight parking but really could do without paying the extortionate fees for all day parking in a muli-tstory....ah well, I am sure a solution will come up, or the abundance to just pay the parking.

.... remind myself of the weekend forests

roadie is for sale and has 60 watchers and 600 views since yesterday and already at 2.5k :O

....found a gorg audi in price range with low miles so hopefully two will mix and I can hand notice in for my house and start the transition for cats. I have it set up in my front room to get them used to it and Mister has taken very nicely to it. Then I will move it all to car and I will stay in that, they will follow me I cant go anywhere different without my two shadows Like a boiling frog they wont suss where the fucking house went Next thing their little brains will know is suddenly theres a lot of land but not much indoor space

and I am gunna have to hope the cat litter isnt too bad...

Last edited by wildhorse; 02-07-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:15 PM   #8
motleyhoo

One thing to think about. You can run a fan off a small solar panel inverter kit to keep your kitties cool and fresh while you're at work. Just stick it to the roof and run the wire down through one of the cracked open windows. Get a big enough panel and you can also power a small 12 vdc cooler.

Another thing, Audis are expensive to fix when things break. I wish I had mine back tho. I replaced it with a VW Jetta diesel. It's not as nice, but I can get almost 600 miles between fill-ups.
"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
Old 07-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #9
wildhorse

Quote:
One thing to think about. You can run a fan off a small solar panel inverter kit to keep your kitties cool and fresh while you're at work. Just stick it to the roof and run the wire down through one of the cracked open windows. Get a big enough panel and you can also power a small 12 vdc cooler.

Another thing, Audis are expensive to fix when things break. I wish I had mine back tho. I replaced it with a VW Jetta diesel. It's not as nice, but I can get almost 600 miles between fill-ups.
me likey your idea.... One of the key things I will have is a large roof box to put clothes and wetsuit/bodyboard in and other stuff I wont use everyday. This will limit my solar panel sizes. I have seen a cooler which with ice can last upto 5 days...I want to see if this is viable first because a) I am shit at anything involving 'doing stuff like this' and b) I want to be as free from electricity powered things as i can. Having said that, I am looking for a solar panel kit to charge my laptop...and it would be good to know about tech stuff.

Gunna see what car comes up....Merlin is working on the case he tells me ....I am to name my new car after him he said ...happily
Old 08-07-2017, 01:30 AM   #10
billybleach

Heard good things about these guys http://www.bimblesolar.com, if your on FaceAche/Book, there is actually some really good groups on self-build campervans and offgrid living. Quite a few good groups on off-grid living in UK and Europe as well as "van-Life"
Old 25-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #11
wildhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybleach View Post
Heard good things about these guys http://www.bimblesolar.com, if your on FaceAche/Book, there is actually some really good groups on self-build campervans and offgrid living. Quite a few good groups on off-grid living in UK and Europe as well as "van-Life"
Thanks will def check it out

Well I got Merlin...he is AWESOME

Kitted him out and he looks soooo fab inside, hes like a 21st century shamans tent...on wheels

Putting notice in on my house, and at first I thought one cat was gunna be ok in it...um no. But I had wondered if the guy few doors down on lane who lost his cat would take mine in, and I find out today hes looking for two cats...so hopefully he will take my psycho cat in too (she looks sooo cute and funny so she will charm him...before the bitch comes out lol) But wouldnt that be amazing they get to stay on same street with some cool peeps

Anyhoo...I threw all my shit in and off I went into the forest....bit eek but just settling down and locked car. All good...until I moved. Then it was flashing indicators and beeping because it has interior motion sensors

So Im in the middle of fucking nowhere with a vorsprung durch technik lightshow in a forest.....fuck sake. So I had to go home. Quick google and sorted that (two clicks of the fob and sorted) and headed off again next day by the beach. Felt so safe and private because he has blacked out windows and just looks like a middle class estate. Nothing to see here Nice kip as sun went down over sea, no bother. Went to beach car park and had morning chill out before a surf. Stunning. Its like a lil glass cocoon. Fab! Mattress shite though so ordered new one.

I took him next night to top of moors where it has its own weather climate. It was stormy and the rain was pelting car, and wind was rocking car but despite being in leggings and a tshirt in a couple of blanket, I was warm. Condensation sucks so cant wait for the wind deflectors to arrive (can crack windows open without rain getting in and cant tell windows are open)

Been in forest today. Gunna hand notice in tomorrow and then its the drudge of sorting my shit out. Caint say Im looking forward to that...

But all in all...good Dead chuffed xxx
Old 02-08-2017, 08:58 PM   #12
motleyhoo

I'm happy it is all working out for you.

Old 26-08-2017, 07:07 PM   #13
wildhorse

Quote:
I'm happy it is all working out for you.

lol...thank you!

just in process of clearing house...ugh....move out end of week and I CBFA with it The amount of stuff I donated (car boots just were a piss take but still...enjoyed it, just not got enough time to spend an afternoon selling good shit for pennies.

no takers for cats....hmmm...

but...

I am gunna stay in a colleagues field which is right next to an ancient sacred site in line with the sunset...amazing how it just came about. A fucking field man haha...like its massive...slap bang middle next to an ancient henge that reportedly had limestone pyramids.

It is the perfect place to help me transition the cats...they may get lost but better in countryside with fresh food than a town, where they hopefully will find their way back. I will be able to take short drives on the quiet roads to get them used to travelling. And I just transition myself. I am in no delusion that this may strike up a lot in me. Its a big thing. But then saving £500 plus rent, and council tax and other shit will help me save so much money.

No word from scotland (still time mind) so applied for other jobs up there. Of course most of work are aghast lol, then some are like wow youre brave and think its good Its sweetened when I answer their queries and they see Merlin...he kinda is an antidote to the 'bum' image of nomads if I think about it. I have some stealth spots in mind around my current town, not ideal but hey, days off home is my old moors. Can think of worse places
Old 21-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #14
justmike
Banned

Wildhorse, so it's been a few months since you posted in this thread, how is your new living arrangement working out?

Last edited by justmike; 21-11-2017 at 10:30 PM.
justmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #15
blue2

Not a terribly good idea with cats as they are creatures of habit and have a tendency to return to their previous home and they need plenty of time outdoors with a home to return to and if they have an accident with poo not so hygienic when they may need worming due to eating field mice!
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote