Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-02-2012, 05:25 AM   #241
oneandsame
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 6
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default fascinating subject

This is fascinating. The idea that we are in control of our lives - our destiny - excites me. I love it. I believe we can indeed control our dna. That thought is matter but at a different frequency. And that we can create with our thoughts. Without these beliefs I don't know if I could get out of bed in the morning.
oneandsame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:54 AM   #242
tinmenace
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,770
Likes: 14 (11 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandsame View Post
This is fascinating. The idea that we are in control of our lives - our destiny - excites me. I love it. I believe we can indeed control our dna. That thought is matter but at a different frequency. And that we can create with our thoughts. Without these beliefs I don't know if I could get out of bed in the morning.
I thoughts create our reality.

All we have to remember is that our bodies, and the 5 senses that we navigate this dimension with, are just the game consoles. We are not the consoles, we are the operators behind the consoles. We just get too caught up in the drama of this dimension, so we forget who and what we really are. We believe this is real, when it's really just a very intense game.

This is also why there is so much stimulation; signboards, TV's everywhere, commercials everywhere.... not to mention pharmaceuticals and other drugs .... it's a very effective form of distraction, even though I'll probably get flack from those that are proponents of altering perception on a daily basis. What's the point of being here, in this dimension, if you're going to tune out?

If people are going to be present, then they need to be fully present. Escaping, or tweaking perception does NOT count as being fully present in this dimension.
tinmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #243
hierophant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: alamannia
Posts: 1,011
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmenace View Post
I thoughts create our reality.

All we have to remember is that our bodies, and the 5 senses that we navigate this dimension with, are just the game consoles. We are not the consoles, we are the operators behind the consoles. We just get too caught up in the drama of this dimension, so we forget who and what we really are. We believe this is real, when it's really just a very intense game.

This is also why there is so much stimulation; signboards, TV's everywhere, commercials everywhere.... not to mention pharmaceuticals and other drugs .... it's a very effective form of distraction, even though I'll probably get flack from those that are proponents of altering perception on a daily basis. What's the point of being here, in this dimension, if you're going to tune out?

If people are going to be present, then they need to be fully present. Escaping, or tweaking perception does NOT count as being fully present in this dimension.
great post, 100% agree!
hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #244
loveisthelaw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,721
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

consciousness can change everything - see my signature.

great thread.
__________________
All things by immortal power, near and far.
Hiddenly, to each other linked are.
Thou canst not stir a flower, without troubling of a star!

wouldn't it be terrible to never in your life have had anything important enough to risk it all for.

Last edited by loveisthelaw; 01-03-2012 at 04:21 PM.
loveisthelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 AM   #245
abrilliantone
Forum Advisor
 
abrilliantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anti-Soul Mysteries Lab
Posts: 7,427
Likes: 153 (88 Posts)
Default

How Do Thoughts Become Things?

*Thoughts become things when they are given substance with feelings in the Mind.*
Thoughts are the DNA of the Universe.
There is an infinite variety of thought available to the Mind. However, thinking alone, like the lines of a blueprint on paper, cannot build anything.
Belief is thinking that is given meaning and direction by the Mind using the power of emotion. It is this energy and the resulting vibrational signals that activate the thought and causes physical manifestation and life experience to take place.
*Many people want to know how to choose thoughts and beliefs that will create the things that they think they want.*


However, the very root of this desire is based upon the belief in the illusion of separation; that there is something "out there" that can make you happy. This is a thought, empowered by the Mind with emotion, that will lead to creating more of the illusion of separation. It is inevitable. The process was created to do just that, and nothing more.
*The only way to choose thoughts that will lead to true inner peace, health, prosperity, personal effectiveness and happiness is by asking the metaphysical Heart, and allowing Spirit to choose them for you.*
There are many practices being taught with the intention of helping people choose thinking that will lead to a happier life. Practices which include accessing the Heart and listening for guidance from Spirit will succeed in producing the desired results.
If only logic is used, for example; taking a belief and simply flipping it over to its' opposite and then attempting to implant that into the Mind - there may be physical results, but the intended benefit of creating true happiness, health, or wealth will not be achieved. There may be a temporary experience of pleasure or satisfaction, but not true happiness.
*Thought that is chosen by Spirit is given substance in the Mind by Love-based Truth.*
Love is a force, the "living matrix", not an emotion. Therefore it does not change or disappear. As a result, life experience created by the Mind using Love-based Truth also does not change, and cannot be lost. Although the physical manifestation may change in appearance, or even cease to exist, the essence of the Love-based Truth that created it remains.
It is impossible to imagine such a life experience from the perspective of the fear-based illusion of separation from which most human consciousness now operates. But it is not impossible to have the experience, and to know for yourself that it is true.
Although the process requires patience and persistence, it is not difficult to do. The benefits include experiencing who you really are and the happiness, health, beauty, true wealth and inner peace that are the qualities of your true being.
*When you have had enough of the illusion of separation, and you are ready to trade the thoughts of the human ego-mind for those of the Spirit and Heart-Mind, you can rest assured that you will enjoy the life experience you have always longed for.*
Thoughts become things when they are given substance by feelings in the Mind.
Choose Love-based Truth form the Heart and start creating a joy filled life!

_________________________________________* http://www.metaphysics-for-life.com/...me-things.html
__________________
Quote:
“Any fool can know. The point is to understand."
abrilliantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #246
openwide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 271
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmenace View Post
consciousness changes reality...consciousness changes biology
I believe consciousness changes your perception of reality but in terms of reality itself the only changes I can think of are the changes to your biology and the causes and effects which lead from them.
Quote:
Our DNA doesn't define us. WE define our DNA
But doesn't both our consciousness and DNA affect each other?
Quote:
Consciousness is infinitely capable of anything.
I don't really know where to start with this one but I strongly disagree, I think the consciousness is limited to only experiencing things based on the information it recieves and limited in how it can affect reality due to its need to exist within certain condition ie a brain/body.
__________________
Openwide.webs.com
Alternative news and media.
YouTube ~ twitter ~ photobucket
openwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #247
chockimon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rolling down Olympus Mons.
Posts: 2,357
Likes: 51 (31 Posts)
Default

Is consciousness artificial intelligence?

I couldn't find this on any science website, which is surprising, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Strange Computer Code Discovered Concealed In Superstring Equations!


Are we living in a computer simulation - Matrix?
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #248
openwide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 271
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockimon View Post
Is consciousness artificial intelligence?

I couldn't find this on any science website, which is surprising, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Strange Computer Code Discovered Concealed In Superstring Equations!

Strange Computer Code Discovered Concealed In Superstring Equations! - YouTube

Are we living in a computer simulation - Matrix?
If heard this sort of argument before,

What do you define as consciousness and artificial consciousness?

If consciousness wasn't artificial what would you expect to find in place of this "strange computer code"?
__________________
Openwide.webs.com
Alternative news and media.
YouTube ~ twitter ~ photobucket
openwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #249
chockimon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rolling down Olympus Mons.
Posts: 2,357
Likes: 51 (31 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwide View Post
If heard this sort of argument before,

What do you define as consciousness and artificial consciousness?

If consciousness wasn't artificial what would you expect to find in place of this "strange computer code"?
According to quantum mechanics, nothing in this reality is real and therefore it must be artificial. It's hard to get your head around the concept of what's real and what isn't because it's not a question you can really answer. Even physicists themselves say that you would not be able to tell the difference between a real physical world and a simulation.

The idea that we might be living in a simulated world is so fascinating because it is impossible to disprove the theory that we are living in a simulated universe. In order to see how difficult it is to disprove, consider the Brain-in-a-Vat Argument. The Brain-in-a-Vat Argument considers the situation whereby a person's brain has been removed from their body and is floating in a life-sustaining fluid. The brain is connected by wires to a computer which provides the brain with exactly the same impulses as the brain would normally receive, the computer effectively creating a "virtual reality". The person with the disembodied brain would continue to have perfectly normal conscious experiences without these being related to objects or events in the real world. It would be impossible for the person to discover the reality of their simulated world.

http://www.ipod.org.uk/reality/reali...ed_reality.asp

Maybe the only way we would know for certain is if someone or something left us a clue or put a signature of their name in the simulated reality.
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #250
openwide
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 271
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockimon View Post
According to quantum mechanics, nothing in this reality is real and therefore it must be artificial. It's hard to get your head around the concept of what's real and what isn't because it's not a question you can really answer. Even physicists themselves say that you would not be able to tell the difference between a real physical world and a simulation.

The idea that we might be living in a simulated world is so fascinating because it is impossible to disprove the theory that we are living in a simulated universe. In order to see how difficult it is to disprove, consider the Brain-in-a-Vat Argument. The Brain-in-a-Vat Argument considers the situation whereby a person's brain has been removed from their body and is floating in a life-sustaining fluid. The brain is connected by wires to a computer which provides the brain with exactly the same impulses as the brain would normally receive, the computer effectively creating a "virtual reality". The person with the disembodied brain would continue to have perfectly normal conscious experiences without these being related to objects or events in the real world. It would be impossible for the person to discover the reality of their simulated world.

http://www.ipod.org.uk/reality/reali...ed_reality.asp

Maybe the only way we would know for certain is if someone or something left us a clue or put a signature of their name in the simulated reality.
The brain-in-a-vat idea and subjective realities stuff is irrelavent it doesn't give or take weight to either side of the argument. If everything is relative then lets just take that as a given. Riding a bike and dreaming of riding a bike may be indistinguishable but there are differences within the more objective reality which encompasses them. The actually riding of a bike appears to have more objective factors so we have more reason to believe that it is how it appears to be.

We have more reason to believe freewill doesn't exist than does.
What you call "I" is a mechanical energetic construct. Every little wave and particle are subject to cause and effect like cogs in a machine. "I" can't control the undelying mechanics of the machine that is "I".

When we are influenced or made to do something people refer this as not being freewill because something else is clearly responisble.

When we do something we think has not been influenced or forced we call this freewill because we can't see what is responsible other than ourselves.

Freewill is an illusion - it exists only in that sense, it is not what it appears to be.

How can the first cause of an act of will have begun internally, free of any determining factors? Do we have a solid example of anything like this? No, so freewill is a postive claim, it is not a default position and it carries with it a burden of proof.
__________________
Openwide.webs.com
Alternative news and media.
YouTube ~ twitter ~ photobucket
openwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #251
tinmenace
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,770
Likes: 14 (11 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwide View Post
I believe consciousness changes your perception of reality but in terms of reality itself the only changes I can think of are the changes to your biology and the causes and effects which lead from them.
But doesn't both our consciousness and DNA affect each other?
I don't really know where to start with this one but I strongly disagree, I think the consciousness is limited to only experiencing things based on the information it recieves and limited in how it can affect reality due to its need to exist within certain condition ie a brain/body.
Not really.

Have you seen this?
tinmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #252
chockimon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rolling down Olympus Mons.
Posts: 2,357
Likes: 51 (31 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwide View Post
The brain-in-a-vat idea and subjective realities stuff is irrelavent it doesn't give or take weight to either side of the argument. If everything is relative then lets just take that as a given. Riding a bike and dreaming of riding a bike may be indistinguishable but there are differences within the more objective reality which encompasses them. The actually riding of a bike appears to have more objective factors so we have more reason to believe that it is how it appears to be.

We have more reason to believe freewill doesn't exist than does.
What you call "I" is a mechanical energetic construct. Every little wave and particle are subject to cause and effect like cogs in a machine. "I" can't control the undelying mechanics of the machine that is "I".

When we are influenced or made to do something people refer this as not being freewill because something else is clearly responisble.

When we do something we think has not been influenced or forced we call this freewill because we can't see what is responsible other than ourselves.

Freewill is an illusion - it exists only in that sense, it is not what it appears to be.

How can the first cause of an act of will have begun internally, free of any determining factors? Do we have a solid example of anything like this? No, so freewill is a postive claim, it is not a default position and it carries with it a burden of proof.
Everything you said can theoretically occur in simulations and there's absolutely no way you can rule out the simulation hypothesis. Nothing you've said is proof of anything. Everything a human being thinks can be duplicated on a computer and computers do not have freewill, even if they have artificial intelligence. They are programmed what to think and what to believe. They are constructs and no amount of intelligence is going to change that.

Last edited by chockimon; 30-03-2012 at 02:20 PM.
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #253
pomona
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default All or nothing.

Hi all, this is my 1st post on the forum and the nature of reality has been on the top of my list under investigation for quite a while. However, this thread has gone (almost) straight over my head. I see brilliant minds full of ideas and many 'facts' in support of the beliefs. It's all too much for me. It seems to create more confusion and chaos and indeed, division.

I believe if consciousness is creating reality, then we are creating it now, as is. It doesn't create sometimes or some parts create and others do not. If thoughts can change our dna, then all of them are doing so, all the time. It's the whole thing or nothing. Every aspect of consciousness is in play which also includes our experience of the physical self.

A very good friend of mine told me the K.I.S.S. rule. Keep it simple stupid. I try and this is my 2 cents worth. regards.
pomona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #254
svarga
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Satya Yuga
Posts: 1,200
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default if consciousness is creating reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomona View Post
I believe if consciousness is creating reality, then we are creating it now, as is.

It doesn't create sometimes or some parts create and others do not.

If thoughts can change our dna, then all of them are doing so, all the time. It's the whole thing or nothing.

Every aspect of consciousness is in play which also includes our experience of the physical self.
Hi pomona,
I am new here myself and I have not read any of this thread, but I have heard this "our consciousness creates our reality" phrase tossed around for many years.
It is in fact based in the most ancient of all the Sanskrit text schools - SAMKHYA.

What is not often said is that you actually have to BE or Become Conscious to create the reality you want.



Think of how many times we all say that we will make something happen, and then we get into doubt and fear, and emit many other energies which we have not yet mastered - and thus our frequencies of creating are actually creating a jumbled mess of polarities in various degrees of our original thoughts.

So, surprise.
It's not that we are not amazing super-computers generating our hologram in every moment.
We are.

But most of us are not even aware of our thoughts, which includes our subconscious programming from 100s of lives - and thus we are getting scrambled realities.

It is also true, in my experience, that as long as you have surrendered you own will to any other, then that person or entity or government overrides you power to generate your hologram. They create your reality because we allow them to.

We create our own reality always sounds simple - and Yippee!
However, the implications of doing that in an evolved way are that we have to begin to work on our awareness - and that means meditating, being alone, studying, and continually observing our own thoughts, compulsions, and patterns of emitting frequency waveforms.

Not quite so easy as it first sounds!
svarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #255
pomona
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svarga View Post
Hi pomona,
I am new here myself and I have not read any of this thread, but I have heard this "our consciousness creates our reality" phrase tossed around for many years.
It is in fact based in the most ancient of all the Sanskrit text schools - SAMKHYA.

What is not often said is that you actually have to BE or Become Conscious to create the reality you want.



Think of how many times we all say that we will make something happen, and then we get into doubt and fear, and emit many other energies which we have not yet mastered - and thus our frequencies of creating are actually creating a jumbled mess of polarities in various degrees of our original thoughts.

So, surprise.
It's not that we are not amazing super-computers generating our hologram in every moment.
We are.

But most of us are not even aware of our thoughts, which includes our subconscious programming from 100s of lives - and thus we are getting scrambled realities.

It is also true, in my experience, that as long as you have surrendered you own will to any other, then that person or entity or government overrides you power to generate your hologram. They create your reality because we allow them to.

We create our own reality always sounds simple - and Yippee!
However, the implications of doing that in an evolved way are that we have to begin to work on our awareness - and that means meditating, being alone, studying, and continually observing our own thoughts, compulsions, and patterns of emitting frequency waveforms.

Not quite so easy as it first sounds!
Thanks for your response. I think I agree with everything you say. If we are to become a 'conscious' creative being, the awareness of full self must be known. Not easy, as we are complex beings.
I also think our 'will' is coming from the whole self and this 'sense' of the whole self is the over-riding energy force, regardless of conscious thought. Although they would probably match i.e. negative sense of self = negative thoughts, positive sense of self = positive thoughts. Being oneself is not to be one or the other but to embrace both as interdependent forces. Regards
pomona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #256
openwide333
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 336
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Consciousness doesn't determine our dna or reality but it does have an affect on it, I think some people like to stretch these ideas to far.
openwide333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #257
abrilliantone
Forum Advisor
 
abrilliantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anti-Soul Mysteries Lab
Posts: 7,427
Likes: 153 (88 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwide333 View Post
Consciousness doesn't determine our dna or reality but it does have an affect on it, I think some people like to stretch these ideas to far.
But openwide333, Consciousness does determines our DNA because DNA Is Consciousness. There Is Nothing That Is Not Consciousness. Consciousness flows through everything. Because everything is Consciousness.

Be well my friend
__________________
Quote:
“Any fool can know. The point is to understand."
abrilliantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #258
openwide333
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 336
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrilliantone View Post
But openwide333, Consciousness does determines our DNA because DNA Is Consciousness. There Is Nothing That Is Not Consciousness. Consciousness flows through everything. Because everything is Consciousness.

Be well my friend
No everything is not consciousness we only experience everything via consciousness, this is the logical fallacy I'm talking about. Consciousness is a phenomena which can only be demonstrated as arising from the brain.

I don't even believe you genuinely believe this, as if you treat everything just as consciousness.
openwide333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #259
chockimon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rolling down Olympus Mons.
Posts: 2,357
Likes: 51 (31 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svarga View Post
Hi pomona,
I am new here myself and I have not read any of this thread, but I have heard this "our consciousness creates our reality" phrase tossed around for many years.
It is in fact based in the most ancient of all the Sanskrit text schools - SAMKHYA.

What is not often said is that you actually have to BE or Become Conscious to create the reality you want.



Think of how many times we all say that we will make something happen, and then we get into doubt and fear, and emit many other energies which we have not yet mastered - and thus our frequencies of creating are actually creating a jumbled mess of polarities in various degrees of our original thoughts.

So, surprise.
It's not that we are not amazing super-computers generating our hologram in every moment.
We are.

But most of us are not even aware of our thoughts, which includes our subconscious programming from 100s of lives - and thus we are getting scrambled realities.

It is also true, in my experience, that as long as you have surrendered you own will to any other, then that person or entity or government overrides you power to generate your hologram. They create your reality because we allow them to.

We create our own reality always sounds simple - and Yippee!
However, the implications of doing that in an evolved way are that we have to begin to work on our awareness - and that means meditating, being alone, studying, and continually observing our own thoughts, compulsions, and patterns of emitting frequency waveforms.

Not quite so easy as it first sounds!
Another thing people seem to forget is that we are sharing this planet with 7 billion other beings and if there's any truth to the, "We create our reality though our thoughts", then what these people think will also have an affect on our reality. Maybe that's why we are all not living perfect lives. After all there's a lot of negative people in this world and for some it's not like they need a reason to hate, as hatred is what they do best.

Same as if you had one positive, happy and compassionate AI in a simulation and all the others were hateful and negative. I somehow doubt the positive, happy AI would lead the perfect life. Probably why most spiritual people tend to seek solitude.

Also most people tend to assume that we are all part of the same unified consciousness and if we are living in a simulation, then there's no reason why there can't be more than just one. There could be literally trillions, just as there could be trillions of simulations within simulations.

Last edited by chockimon; 28-04-2012 at 10:56 PM.
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #260
chockimon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rolling down Olympus Mons.
Posts: 2,357
Likes: 51 (31 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomona View Post
Hi all, this is my 1st post on the forum and the nature of reality has been on the top of my list under investigation for quite a while. However, this thread has gone (almost) straight over my head. I see brilliant minds full of ideas and many 'facts' in support of the beliefs. It's all too much for me. It seems to create more confusion and chaos and indeed, division.

I believe if consciousness is creating reality, then we are creating it now, as is. It doesn't create sometimes or some parts create and others do not. If thoughts can change our dna, then all of them are doing so, all the time. It's the whole thing or nothing. Every aspect of consciousness is in play which also includes our experience of the physical self.

A very good friend of mine told me the K.I.S.S. rule. Keep it simple stupid. I try and this is my 2 cents worth. regards.
There's no reason to feel confused. Your opinions are as valid as anyone else's, simply because no one really knows the truth about the make up of this reality and what awaits us after death. Basically for the most part, we are all just guessing.
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.