Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing > The Nature of Matrix Religions and what they mean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #41
ferryman to the dead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,290
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinkingrebel View Post
Cornelius Tacitus (55-120 AD), "the greatest historian" of ancient Rome:

"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired. Nero offered his gardens for the spectacle, and was exhibiting a show in the circus, while he mingled with the people in the dress of a charioteer or stood aloft on a car. Hence, even for criminals who deserved extreme and exemplary punishment, there arose a feeling of compassion; for it was not, as it seemed, for the public good, but to glut one man's cruelty, that they were being destroyed."



Gaius Suetonius Tranquillas, chief secretary of Emperor Hadrian (117-138 AD):

"Because the Jews of Rome caused continous disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus, [Claudius] expelled them from the city."

"After the great fire at Rome [during Nero's reign] ... Punishments were also inflicted on the Christians, a sect professing a new and mischievous religious belief."



Flavius Josephus (37-97 AD), court historian for Emperor Vespasian:

"At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good and he was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders." (Arabic translation)



Julius Africanus, writing around 221 AD, found a reference in the writings of Thallus, who wrote a history of the Eastern Mediterranean around 52 AD, which dealt with the darkness that covered the land during Jesus's crucifixion:

"Thallus, in the third book of his histories, explains away the darkness as an eclipse of the sun--unreasonably, as it seems to me." [A solar eclipse could not take place during a full moon, as was the case during Passover season.]



Pliny the Younger, Roman governor of Bithynia in Asia Minor around 112 AD:

"[The Christians] were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food--but food of an ordinary and innocent kind." Pliny added that Christianity attracted persons of all societal ranks, all ages, both sexes, and from both the city and the country. Late in his letter to Emperor Trajan, Pliny refers to the teachings of Jesus and his followers as excessive and contagious superstition.



Emperor Trajan, in reply to Pliny:

"The method you have pursued, my dear Pliny, in sifting the cases of those denounced to you as Christians is extremely proper. It is not possible to lay down any general rule which can be applied as the fixed standard in all cases of this nature. No search should be made for these people; when they are denounced and found guilty they must be punished; with the restriction, however, that when the party denies himself to be a Christian, and shall give proof that he is not (that is, by adoring our gods) he shall be pardoned on the ground of repentance, even though he may have formerly incurred suspicion. Informations without the accuser's name subscribed must not be admitted in evidence against anyone, as it is introducing a very dangerous precedent, and by no means agreeable to the spirit of the age."



Emporer Hadrian (117-138 AD), in a letter to Minucius Fundanus, the Asian proconsul:

"I do not wish, therefore, that the matter should be passed by without examination, so that these men may neither be harassed, nor opportunity of malicious proceedings be offered to informers. If, therefore, the provincials can clearly evince their charges against the Christians, so as to answer before the tribunal, let them pursue this course only, but not by mere petitions, and mere outcries against the Christians. For it is far more proper, if anyone would bring an accusation, that you should examine it." Hadrian further explained that if Christians were found guilty they should be judged "according to the heinousness of the crime." If the accusers were only slandering the believers, then those who inaccurately made the charges were to be punished.



The Jewish Talmud, compiled between 70 and 200 AD:

"On the eve of the Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, 'He is going forth to be stoned because he has practised sorcery and enticed Israel to apostacy. Anyone who can say anything in his favour, let him come forward and plead on his behalf.' But since nothing was brought forward in his favour he was hanged on the eve of the Passover."

[Another early reference in the Talmud speaks of five of Jesus's disciples and recounts their standing before judges who make individual decisions about each one, deciding that they should be executed. However, no actual deaths are recorded.]



Lucian, a second century Greek satirist:

"The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day--the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account. ... You see, these misguided creatures start with the general conviction that they are immortal for all time, which explains the contempt of death and voluntary self-devotion which are so common among them; and then it was impressed on them by their original lawgiver that they are all brothers, from the moment that they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws. All this they take quite on faith, with the result that they despise all worldly goods alike, regarding them merely as common property." Lucian also reported that the Christians had "sacred writings" which were frequently read. When something affected them, "they spare no trouble, no expense."



Mara Bar-Serapion, of Syria, writing between 70 and 200 AD from prison to motivate his son to emulate wise teachers of the past:

"What advantage did the Athenians gain from putting Socrates to death? Famine and plague came upon them as a judgment for their crime. What advantage did the men of Samos gain from burying Pythagoras? In a moment their land was covered with sand. What advantage did the Jews gain from executing their wise king? It was just after that that their kingdom was abolished. God justly avenged these three wise men: the Athenians died of hunger; the Samians were overwhelmed by the sea; the Jews, ruined and driven from their land, live in complete dispersion. But Socrates did not die for good; he lived on in the teaching of Plato. Pythagoras did not die for good; he lived on in the statue of Hera. Nor did the wise king die for good; he lived on in the teaching which he had given."

source: http://www.westarkchurchofchrist.org...rabiblical.htm
Everyone a major fail! Josephus is a major fail, passage as been shown to be a fake! Tacitus is a major fail, he was only repeating what he heard. Pliny never seen or talk to a jesus so that is a major fail. Jospheus was not born until well after this christian fake was suppose to have walked the earth. I don't have time to address this in detail right now.

Quote:
They asserted, however, that the sum and substance of their fault or error had been that they were accustomed to meet on a fixed day before dawn and sing responsively a hymn to Christ as to a god, and to bind themselves by oath, not to some crime, but not to commit fraud, theft, or adultery, not falsify their trust, nor to refuse to return a trust when called upon to do so.
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/pliny.html

Pliny in the above is addressing the situation in letter to Trajan and not acknowledging any christ. You think because he mentions a christ that's proof of his existence?

Quote:
Julius Africanus, writing around 221 AD, found a reference in the writings of Thallus, who wrote a history of the Eastern Mediterranean around 52 AD, which dealt with the darkness that covered the land during Jesus's crucifixion:
Thallus was a Samaritan freedman of the Emperor Tiberius who wrote a history of Greece and Asia, who mentions an eclipse of the sun. In 221 CE, a Christian writer, Sextus Julius Africanus notes that "Thallus, in the third book of his histories, explains away this darkness as an eclipse of the sun." Thallus does not refer to a Jesus, only to an eclipse, which a Christian used to bolster the Christian story.

Do not have time to respond to the rest work awaits but will later.

Last edited by ferryman to the dead; 02-09-2011 at 10:32 AM.
ferryman to the dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #42
drakul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,854
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman to the dead View Post
I could ask you the same question. Why do you believe in a fairy tale with no meaning? Last time I looked it was not against the law to criticize the bible.

I am interested in myths and anthology and thats all the babble is that and one big LIE. You may sell a 5 year old with that crap in the bible and sadly many who know better are sold on the LIE as well. So until a Mod tells me to stop which you are not I will continue to posts.

Thanks.
You pretend to be objective. You claim you only want to expose the TRUTH.
Then why do you avoid addressing these extreme differences betw the life and legends of Horus and Jesus?

If you are so interested in TRUTH then you would be investigating the many LIES that are presented in this claim that Jesus is Horus.

A few differences btw Horus and Jesus:

* Horus was known as the AVENGER. His sole mission was to avenge the murder of his father Osiris by his uncle, Set. His whole purpose in life was to battle and kill his uncle Set.

* Horus was a zoomorphic god - he is always shown with the head of a HAWK. A predatory animal. Horus also wore the tail of a LEOPARD, another predator. Horus was in fact a predator god, a god of vengeance, NOT a loving, forgiving god.

* Horus cut off his own mother, Isis' HEAD. (It was later replaced with that of a COW), because she had PITY on her brother, SET and released him from his bonds before he could be killed by Horus.

* Horus engaged in blood sacrifice and in human sacrifice. This is clearly shown at the ancient Horus temple at Edfu, Egypt.

* Horus devotees practiced cannibalism.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/ael/ael15.htm

At Edfu - Though the actual inscription is of a late date, many primitive ideas are preserved, especially in the hymns of the women to Horus - "Eat ye the flesh of the vanquished, drink ye his blood,"

Human sacrifice, however, appears to have been practised in Egypt at all periods. Harvest victims were burnt at Eleithyapolis (El Kab). Amasis II of the xxvith dynasty put an end to human sacrifice at Heliopolis; Diodorus says that red-haired men were offered up at the sepulchre of Osiris; as the king was the incarnate Osiris, this would mean that human sacrifices were made at the royal graves, probably during the funeral ceremonies.

The Book of the Dead also continually alludes to human sacrifice. At Edfu (Horus cult center) an altar was found sculptured with representations of offerings in which human beings are the victims. Small figures, carved in the round, are known, which are in the form of bound captives; and show probably the method of binding the victim; the legs are bent at the knees, and the feet bound to the thighs; the arms are bent at the elbows and securely lashed to the body. This is not the ordinary way of binding a prisoner, but is a special method reserved probably for a human victim. The figures represent sometimes men, sometimes women.

Last edited by drakul; 02-09-2011 at 01:54 PM.
drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #43
saty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,205
Likes: 116 (74 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_parrot View Post
Someones been watching Zeitgeist.
zeitgest=NWO propaganda.
__________________
Ecclesiastes 11:7 "The light is sweet, and it is delightful for the eyes to see the sun"
saty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #44
drakul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,854
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saty View Post
zeitgest=NWO propaganda.
You are right.

This Horus=Jesus claim is pure Masonic NWO `astrotheology' Bullshido.

Note that these `truthseekers' do not even DARE to address the huge GAP betw Horus and Jesus which I posted above. Not one of them has the courage to address the differences. This is because their case is so weak. It is based on twisting the truth and outright LIES and they know it.

Last edited by drakul; 02-09-2011 at 01:49 PM.
drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #45
naked11
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 576
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Note that these `truthseekers' do not even DARE to address the huge GAP betw Horus and Jesus which I posted above. Not one of them has the courage to address the differences.
Differences like...say...Horus rising from the dead after 3 days.....Or how about Si Osiris ( who was revealed to be horus, son of pananshe, at the end of the story) becoming a child teacher at 12 and outstripping all of the adult scribes and scholars in their fields... and was prophesised to do "numerous marvels in the land of egypt"?

Wait. Nevermind. Your straw-man argument was that, the story doesn't say he debated those scholars like jesus did (which was not even in the claim to begin with) and thus there is no parallel...Go ahead and light that strawman afire sport.


Quote:
This Horus=Jesus claim is pure Masonic NWO `astrotheology'.
What you talkin bout Willis...you been using that cheap aluminum for your tinfoil hat again



How you like my "agenda" now.
naked11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #46
logos880
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 22,376
Likes: 339 (237 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
Differences like...say...Horus rising from the dead after 3 days.....Or how about Si Osiris ( who was revealed to be horus, son of pananshe, at the end of the story) becoming a child teacher at 12 and outstripping all of the adult scribes and scholars in their fields... and was prophesised to do "numerous marvels in the land of egypt"?

Wait. Nevermind. Your straw-man argument was that, the story doesn't say he debated those scholars like jesus did (which was not even in the claim to begin with) and thus there is no parallel...Go ahead and light that strawman afire sport.
Fact of the matter is you're biased against christianity, your hate filled, contemptable choices in language have proven this. You only focus on one part of the story rather than focusing on the whole...you can't see the forest through the trees. Personally, I think you're afraid that there might be some truth in these stories because obviously you're not trying to convince the christians in here of your position. Which begs the question, who are you trying to convince?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
What you talkin bout Willis...you been using that cheap aluminum for your tinfoil hat again



How you like my "agenda" now.
Character assassination really helps with your credibility.
__________________
for as he thinketh in his heart, so is he
logos880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #47
saty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,205
Likes: 116 (74 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakul View Post
You are right.

This Horus=Jesus claim is pure Masonic NWO `astrotheology' Bullshido.

Note that these `truthseekers' do not even DARE to address the huge GAP betw Horus and Jesus which I posted above. Not one of them has the courage to address the differences. This is because their case is so weak. It is based on twisting the truth and outright LIES and they know it.
Funny Icke uses the same tactic saying Jesus never existed.I figured out he was an agent ever since i read his books.
__________________
Ecclesiastes 11:7 "The light is sweet, and it is delightful for the eyes to see the sun"
saty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #48
drakul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,854
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
Differences like...say...Horus rising from the dead after 3 days.....Or how about Si Osiris ( who was revealed to be horus, son of pananshe, at the end of the story)
So now Si Osiris, the son of Kammhuas, whom you claim is actually Osiris, is actually Horus the son of Panashe. A who is Panashe? Is that another name for Osiris? (smile)

Quote:
becoming a child teacher at 12
Where does the story say Horus was a `child teacher'??? The line you quoted was that `Si Osiris excelled at reading and writing that compels'.

Quote:
and outstripping all of the adult scribes and scholars in their fields... and was prophesised to do "numerous marvels in the land of egypt"?
What `marvels'??? Like cutting off his MOTHER'S HEAD?

Deal with it! These are the issues. Don't play semantics games. You are in over your head.

Quote:
Wait. Nevermind. Your straw-man argument was that, the story doesn't say he debated those scholars like jesus did
Exactly.

Quote:
(which was not even in the claim to begin with)
What was your claim then? I thought the topic is that Jesus is Horus.

Quote:
and thus there is no parallel...Go ahead and light that strawman afire sport.
What strawman argument? As usual, You are just running and hiding and avoiding the issues. Why don't you address these major differences? - Because you can't???

* Horus was known as the AVENGER. His sole mission was to avenge the murder of his father Osiris by his uncle, Set.

* Horus was a zoomorphic god - he is always shown with the head of a HAWK. A predatory animal.

* Horus cut off his own mother, Isis' HEAD. (It was later replaced with that of a COW)

* Horus engaged in blood sacrifice and in human sacrifice. This is clearly shown at the ancient Horus temple in Edfu

* Horus devotees practiced cannibalism.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/ael/ael15.htm

At Edfu - Though the actual inscription is of a late date, many primitive ideas are preserved, especially in the hymns of the women to Horus. "Eat ye the flesh of the vanquished, drink ye his blood,"

Human sacrifice, however, appears to have been practised in Egypt at all periods. Harvest victims were burnt at Eleithyapolis (El Kab). Amasis II of the xxvith dynasty put an end to human sacrifice at Heliopolis; Diodorus says that red-haired men were offered up at the sepulchre of Osiris; as the king was the incarnate Osiris, this would mean that human sacrifices were made at the royal graves, probably during the funeral ceremonies.

The Book of the Dead also continually alludes to human sacrifice. At Edfu an altar was found sculptured with representations of offerings in which human beings are the victims. Small figures, carved in the round, are known, which are in the form of bound captives; and show probably the method of binding the victim; the legs are bent at the knees, and the feet bound to the thighs; the arms are bent at the elbows and securely lashed to the body. This is not the ordinary way of binding a prisoner, but is a special method reserved probably for a human victim. The figures represent sometimes men, sometimes women.

Last edited by drakul; 02-09-2011 at 03:38 PM.
drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #49
logos880
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 22,376
Likes: 339 (237 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakul View Post
What strawman argument? As usual, You are just running and hiding and avoiding the issues. Why don't you address these major differences? - Because you can't???
Not to mention that isis worship consisted of orgiastic rites.

But suuuuure, it's alllll the same.
__________________
for as he thinketh in his heart, so is he
logos880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #50
naked11
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 576
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Originally Posted by naked11
Differences like...say...Horus rising from the dead after 3 days.....Or how about Si Osiris ( who was revealed to be horus, son of pananshe, at the end of the story)

Quote:
So now Si Osiris, the son of Kammhuas, whom you claim is actually Osiris, is actually Horus the son of Panashe. A who is Panashe? Is that another name for Osiris?
It says it right there in text: "Si Osiris is revealed, by the end of the story, as Horus, son of Panache, who obtained permission from Osiris to come down to Earth." Pg 43 1.7

Quote:
Where does the story say Horus was a `child teacher'??? The line you quoted was that `Si Osiris excelled at reading and writing that compels'.
Besides the fact that it says he was outstripping all scribes and learned men by age 12 (like jesus), it also states that he was called upon by the pharoah to decipher texts in front of others that no one else could.

Quote:
What `marvels'???
Miracles, magic, and other similar supernatural nonsense that was claimed of jesus. The very fact that he prophesized to do numerous marvels across the land is a staggering parallel itself.

Quote:
Deal with it!
Christianity was dealt a fatal blow on pages 1 and 2 on this thread, which is why you and logos were left out to dry in your own feces, and it's being dealt another one at this very moment.

Quote:
Quote:
originally posted by naked 11
Your straw-man argument was that...
Exactly.
Good you're owning up to your fallacy. Now we're making headway. Soon you'll be admitting that jesus is the latest sun god in a massively long line of sun gods. Logos already admitted it, now it's your turn.


Quote:
What was your claim then?
Horus: Child teacher at age 12, try to keep up, please.


Quote:
What strawman argument?
The one you're choking on now.

Quote:
You are just running and hiding and avoiding the issues. Why don't you address...
Yeah, sure, why don't you just step backstage -- we have some nice parting gifts for you. We'll shout you a holler when you have something worthwhile to say. Next!
naked11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #51
son_of_parrot
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Britannia
Posts: 3,046
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Well Horus & Jesus both came from the middle east so they must be the same person.

son_of_parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #52
saty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,205
Likes: 116 (74 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_parrot View Post
Well Horus & Jesus both came from the middle east so they must be the same person.

__________________
Ecclesiastes 11:7 "The light is sweet, and it is delightful for the eyes to see the sun"
saty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #53
naked11
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 576
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11
Differences like...say...Horus rising from the dead after 3 days.....Or how about Si Osiris ( who was revealed to be horus, son of pananshe, at the end of the story) becoming a child teacher at 12 and outstripping all of the adult scribes and scholars in their fields... and was prophesised to do "numerous marvels in the land of egypt"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logos
Fact of the matter is
Fact of the matter is the 3 day death and resurrection of jesus was plagerized from the egyptian religion in which the sun (horus) dies for 3 days and is resurrected. This 3 day death is a metaphor for the literal sun at the time of winter solstice, which also crumbles your theory that he was a real person...he's just a metaphor and anthropomophosization of the sun. That along with the other major parallels mentioned have completely thrown a monkey wrench in your whole faith get-up, staying afloat with blatant strawman arguments.

Quote:
your hate filled, contemptable choices in language
Please, spare me. You're not garnering any one to your cause by playing a victim. Your entire neo-christian debacle has only served to disfigure the teachings in the bible (adding your own spin and removing whatever doesn't suit your stance).

Quote:
You only focus on one part of the story rather than focusing on the whole
The whole thing was made up, that's why the major elements, themes and motifs were focused on and exposed as plagerizations. You take away those, and the house of cards comes tumbling down

Quote:
...you can't see the forest through the trees.
Ok, just because you found work at a fortune cookie factory, doesn't make you the grand poobah of wisdom.

Quote:
Personally, I think you're afraid that there might be some truth
Truth as in, at the time of winter solstice the sun died metaphorically for 3 days and rose and set closer to the Cross constellation for those three days than any other time of the year, and that jesus' death on the cross followed by 3 days is a metaphor for this phenomena, yes?

Quote:
in these stories because obviously you're not trying to convince the christians in here of your position.
I've already convinced you, which is why you went from arguing against the parallels (getting spanked in the first two pages), to admitting they are in fact valid, but that god created the polytheistic religions to suit his agenda. Suuure



Quote:
Character assassination really helps with your credibility.
The spoils of victory. I've long since disproven jesus and the bible, and can enjoy myself. In the eyes of observers, character assassination should have nothing to do with the credibility of my arguments. That you're repeatedly using that as a focal point for whatever's left of your pathetic stance just show's how biased and emotionally entangled you are in this "debate".
naked11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #54
logos880
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 22,376
Likes: 339 (237 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
Fact of the matter is the 3 day death and resurrection of jesus was plagerized from the egyptian religion in which the sun (horus) dies for 3 days and is resurrected.
This supposed plagarism is an assumption on your part based on the apparent similarities present between the stories. The presence of some similarities, among some differences, does not necessarily equate to plagarism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
This 3 day death is a metaphor for the literal sun at the time of winter solstice, which also crumbles your theory that he was a real person...he's just a metaphor and anthropomophosization of the sun. That along with the other major parallels mentioned have completely thrown a monkey wrench in your whole faith get-up, staying afloat with blatant strawman arguments.
Jesus isn't a sun god, sorry. Back to the drawing board archaya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
Please, spare me. You're not garnering any one to your cause by playing a victim. Your entire neo-christian debacle has only served to disfigure the teachings in the bible (adding your own spin and removing whatever doesn't suit your stance).
lolz...so now you're a biblical expert as well? Classic. How about you provide a quote of mine that contradicts the bible, bet you can't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
The whole thing was made up, that's why the major elements, themes and motifs were focused on and exposed as plagerizations. You take away those, and the house of cards comes tumbling down
That's nothing more than your own assertion. You're welcome to believe that the whole thing was made up but that doesn't mean it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
Ok, just because you found work at a fortune cookie factory, doesn't make you the grand poobah of wisdom.
Never said I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
Truth as in, at the time of winter solstice the sun died metaphorically for 3 days and rose and set closer to the Cross constellation for those three days than any other time of the year, and that jesus' death on the cross followed by 3 days is a metaphor for this phenomena, yes?
Truth as in maybe there is something that is bigger than you or me going on here. But you are free to continue to feverishly project your own faith in whatever your finite senses are able to perceive on the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
I've already convinced you, which is why you went from arguing against the parallels (getting spanked in the first two pages), to admitting they are in fact valid, but that god created the polytheistic religions to suit his agenda. Suuure
Haha, the more we converse the more it seems as though you are just trying to be "right" to "win" this conversation.

You should check out this thread I started awhile back:

christianity and paganism...united in myth

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=163877

Kinda pokes a hole in your little theory, don't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked11 View Post
The spoils of victory. I've long since disproven jesus and the bible, and can enjoy myself. In the eyes of observers, character assassination should have nothing to do with the credibility of my arguments. That you're repeatedly using that as a focal point for whatever's left of your pathetic stance just show's how biased and emotionally entangled you are in this "debate".
Haha, riiiight, so you resort to ad hominem attacks and somehow I'm the one who's "biased and emotionally entangled??" You must be joking...thanks for the lolz!
__________________
for as he thinketh in his heart, so is he
logos880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #55
christ4life
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,961
Likes: 17 (9 Posts)
Default

Sun worship is worshipping the creation not the creator. Jesus has nothing to do with the sun he is the son of God. Satan is trying to copy what God does so you will follow him instead. If you read the whole Bible there is no way you can connect God to being what Egypt was worshipping. If this is the case than everyone would love to christian.
christ4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #56
drakul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,854
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_parrot View Post
Well Horus & Jesus both came from the middle east so they must be the same person.

That's exactly what these Masonic NWO apparatchiks do - take some vague similarity, twist others to fit their agenda and deliberately LIE about other things and then they claim to be `Truthseekers'.

In this case the OP claims `Horus is Jesus' yet refuses to recognize or even discuss the overwhelming differences betw Horus and Jesus such as:

* Horus was known as the AVENGER. His sole mission was to avenge the murder of his father Osiris by his uncle, Set. His whole purpose in life was to battle and kill his uncle Set.

* Horus was a zoomorphic god - he is always shown with the head of a HAWK. A predatory animal. Horus also wore the tail of a LEOPARD, another predator. Horus was in fact a predator god, a god of vengeance, NOT a loving, forgiving god.

* Horus cut off his own mother, Isis' HEAD. (It was later replaced with that of a COW), because she had PITY on her brother, SET and released him from his bonds before he could be killed by Horus.

Heh - according to naked o11 - one of Horus `miracles' was that when he CUT OFF HIS MOTHER'S head it was replaced with that of a COW. Right Naked?

* Horus engaged in blood sacrifice and in human sacrifice. This is clearly shown at the ancient Horus temple at Edfu, Egypt.


* Horus devotees practiced cannibalism.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/egy/ael/ael15.htm

At Edfu - Though the actual inscription is of a late date, many primitive ideas are preserved, especially in the hymns of the women to Horus - "Eat ye the flesh of the vanquished, drink ye his blood,"


Human sacrifice, however, appears to have been practised in Egypt at all periods. Harvest victims were burnt at Eleithyapolis (El Kab). Amasis II of the xxvith dynasty put an end to human sacrifice at Heliopolis; Diodorus says that red-haired men were offered up at the sepulchre of Osiris; as the king was the incarnate Osiris, this would mean that human sacrifices were made at the royal graves, probably during the funeral ceremonies.

The Book of the Dead also continually alludes to human sacrifice. At Edfu (Horus cult center) an altar was found sculptured with representations of offerings in which human beings are the victims. Small figures, carved in the round, are known, which are in the form of bound captives; and show probably the method of binding the victim; the legs are bent at the knees, and the feet bound to the thighs; the arms are bent at the elbows and securely lashed to the body. This is not the ordinary way of binding a prisoner, but is a special method reserved probably for a human victim. The figures represent sometimes men, sometimes women.



This is JESUS???

Last edited by drakul; 02-09-2011 at 07:40 PM.
drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #57
ferryman to the dead
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,290
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christ4life View Post
Sun worship is worshipping the creation not the creator. Jesus has nothing to do with the sun he is the son of God. Satan is trying to copy what God does so you will follow him instead. If you read the whole Bible there is no way you can connect God to being what Egypt was worshipping. If this is the case than everyone would love to christian.
Quote:
Satan is trying to copy what God does so you will follow him instead.
A mythological demon is trying to get people to follow him....LoL!
ferryman to the dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #58
drakul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,854
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman to the dead View Post
A mythological demon is trying to get people to follow him....LoL!
Come on Fairyman - be brave. I gave you a list of facts that show Horus was in the most important ways the OPPOSITE of Jesus. Yet you continue to run and hide. Where is your response oh great objective seeker after the truth, you who find the Bible so full of lies, why do you not address the LIES in your own claims????

Last edited by drakul; 02-09-2011 at 09:23 PM.
drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #59
thethinkingrebel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,763
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman to the dead View Post
A mythological demon is trying to get people to follow him....LoL!
Hahaha mythological!

Wow you are deluded... and probably possessed.
__________________
http://aplacetospoutmyanger.blogspot.com
Http://www.YouTube.com/reallycoolman2003
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.
thethinkingrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #60
thethinkingrebel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,763
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by christ4life View Post
Sun worship is worshipping the creation not the creator. Jesus has nothing to do with the sun he is the son of God. Satan is trying to copy what God does so you will follow him instead. If you read the whole Bible there is no way you can connect God to being what Egypt was worshipping. If this is the case than everyone would love to christian.
Totally true!

To God Egypt contained everything he despised. He considered it idolatrous, evil and stiff-necked[stubborn].

Yes, everyone would be rushing to be christian if it had a semblance of Egyptian religion in it. An afterlife full of money and riches, mummification, personal gods. Its odd how the biggest societies in history, all had similar religions...like..oh i dont know, the ROMAN EMPIRE?? the religions of the bigger societies all swapped their gods around.

any connection between Horus and Jesus comes from Rome, thats it. The connections will not be in true christianity. So you want female deities, like Mary? came from Rome. You want statues to pray to? came from Rome. You want a pantheon? What about the "saints" LOLOLOL (I laugh at that one! all christians are saints!! Yet the catholic church makes it into a select bunch who are patron saints BS)

Read your bibles people, before you start connecting dots that aint there.
__________________
http://aplacetospoutmyanger.blogspot.com
Http://www.YouTube.com/reallycoolman2003
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.
thethinkingrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.