Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 17-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
maxmoris

Default Bipolar Disorder...your thoughts please

So,my English is not good enough,but I'll try to explane it anyway.
My beloved woman suffering from Bipolar Disorder and I really want to help,but by date the info in the web is kind of useless..We have the pills and advices of the modern science..simply don't work..My wish is if possible to hear any other thoughts,because I'm not 100% convinced with modern science.Thanks
maxmoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmoris View Post
My beloved woman suffering from Bipolar Disorder and I really want to help,but by date the info in the web is kind of useless..We have the pills and advices of the modern science..simply don't work..My wish is if possible to hear any other thoughts,because I'm not 100% convinced with modern science.Thanks
How far apart are the episodes?

Are they regular?

Please tell us more.
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” - Buddha

www.thrivingaudios.com
mark1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
maxmoris

Well..Last year the episodes have been quite rarely,but at the 2010,especially last 3 months they are already 5,witch is difficult to understand.She is using Depakote,and for the last two years it's done good job.From what I have found in the web,it seems that the BD is actually something like new generation disease,with view commercial websites with no real information about it.We have tried most of the pills and medical advices of the 21-st century medicine ..that's way I'm looking to get some different thoughts about the problem..We leave at Bali-Indonesia..out of stress,healthy own made food,perfect weather,but the disease is still there..
Old 17-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
sipx

Hi Max. How many MG depakote?

Have you ever tried omega3 fatty acid supplements? (Flax seed oil, fish oil, etc)...these have a positive effect on people with mood disorders, including myself.

(I was once diagnosed with bipolar disorder - the chemicals I was ingesting on the regular made me up and down) make sure to have her cut alcohol, smoking out of her diet - makes a big big change in mood.

Excercise.

Look - doctors are easy to throw out the diagnosis "bi-polar" these days, It's a simple diagnosis for a complex issue.

What kind of symptoms is she having? Is she rapid cycling? Is she more down than up? Let me know
sipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
maxmoris

Well...She takes 500mg every day..Two pills twice per day..About the Omega3 supplements,we leave in Bali..best fish on the market..fresh..every day..Never tried the seeds before,but is easy to get them here and we can check it out.
And for cigarettes and alcohol..Sometime she get's glass of wine..with smoking is difficult.. one packet at day,but she also exercise a lot..yoga and meditation..
Definitely rapid cycling..and most of the times is UP..and the problem for me is the TRIGGER..
Old 18-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
gaias child

Has she improved on the medication or has it made it worse?

sometimes the doses are not right for that person and also it worth considering a lot of people can have serious allergic reactions to the nasty ingredients in the medications , that can make symptoms worse that is not formally acknowledged .I was one of them. It took over a year to get off them.

If you want to continue with meds it could be the dose is not correct. I know someone who had bi polar and it took years for them to get his dose correct , he had lithium, but it still took a few years to get the dose right and then he was fine.

depakote has bad effects and can damage mitochondria functioning

http://www.mitoaction.org/blog/medic...drial-toxicity

Quote:
Anticonvulsants Specifically, most anticonvulsants are well tolerated except valproate (Depakote). This drug can inhibit many mitochondrial functions. It is known to play important role in carnitine utilization by the mitochondria and has been shown to particularly inhibit complex IV. It can also cause liver dysfunction. This does not mean it should never be used, but caution needs to be taken regarding liver function. If used, plasma carnitine levels need to be monitored and maintained carefully.
Lithium has been the choice for bi polar in main stream medicine for over 50 years and is a natural occuring mineral rather than a drug,so not quite sure why the are now using depakote

http://bipolar.about.com/od/lithium/...2_lithium1.htm

Last edited by gaias child; 18-07-2010 at 09:57 AM.
gaias child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
tiagociriaco

HI MAXMORIS,

I am a therapist, and i used a method to handle BIPOLAR and other mental disorders.It works on all cases, without any medication.
I used in few bipolar cases with 100% results and without remission.

It is easy to run.
The worst case takes 2-3months to obtain total cure, depending the amount of hours you dedicate to run the sessions.

In this therapy you do not require the colaboration of the patient, if they want to cooperate so much the better.

Since these patients are very irregular and do not cooperate easily, you will have to do the therapy on her behalf and free her from the disorder

THE cause of BIPOLARITY:

1 - Excess of DMT in the brain(pineal gland) - produces euphoria, anxiety and agitation.
2 - Excess of testosterone in the brain (pineal gland) produce agressivness.

Remove or suck these 2 from the pineal gland, and gradually she will become calmer and calmer until she turns totaly normal.

See youtube explanation on DMT AND PINEAL GLAND using GOOGLE

The procedure is as follows:
Withe the closed(or open) repeat mentally just for yourself the prhases from the program.
Use her name in the underline and repeat each prahase 10-12 times and do this for 15 or 20 or 30 or 60 min depending on the free time you have to run this therapy.

you can do it anywhere, you car, bus stop, wherever you are, and you feel that you can repeat the prhases thinking in her, and calling her name.

PROGRAM

_____recall euphoria and anxiety entering your pineal gland
_____recall euphoria and anxiety being stuck to your pinela gland
_____recall euphoria and anxiety not leaving your pineal gland
_____recall euphoria and anxiety leaving your pineal gland

PROGRAM

_____recall heat and fire entering your pineal gland
_____recall heat and fire being stuck to your pineal gland
_____recall heat and fire not leaving your pineal gland
_____recall heat and fire leaving your pineal gland

Run thes 2 programs and expell testosterone, by expelling heat and fire
and expell DMT by expelling euphoria and anxiety.

You must run it for at leat a 2 hours per day.
you can run these sessions in fractions of 15 or 20 or 30 min but in total you must perform at least 2 hours per day to get visible results on that day and to get a fast cure.

You can always run more than 2 hours - no limit
Less than that you will have results also but very slow

At the beguining she may get a litlle worse, but very soon after discharging some amount of fire and euphoria she will start getting calmer and calmer, day by day.

i wish you luck
tiago

3 more videos

http://www.caminhodaalma.com/search/label/dmt

Pineal gland
http://www.uff.br/fisiovet/Conteudos/pineal.htm

Last edited by tiagociriaco; 18-07-2010 at 01:42 PM.
tiagociriaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
ladygoogoo

Quote:
wow well from what I know of people who have it in my life they HAVE to take medicine or learn how to live with the ups/downs. It's a really debilitating psychological condition.

You cannot give up, but must keep going to more and more sources.
Bipolar tends to be genetic and like schizophrenia there is NO CURE only
learning how to live with it.

Tiago's advice seems very interesting I suggest you try it, cannot hurt and he claims success. That is more than many
psychologists and psychiatrists can say.

Why are they using Depakote instead of Lithium? One is a patented medicine the other generic nonpatented. Do the math.

Last edited by ladygoogoo; 18-07-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: add last 2 sentence
ladygoogoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
wolf367

The affliction of bipolar disorder is so disconcerting to me. The disease makes sufferers push away loved ones, even though they need so much love and don't believe themselves worthy about it.

I dated someone with bipolar disorder - lived with him for 3 years, and he left out of the blue one day and cut off all contact. This is something very common among sufferers of bipolar. They are also very expressive people, and often possess many talents and an intellect that surpasses the general public. Unfortunately, they can also be very destructive.

Anyways, I would love to know if there's anything besides meds to work with bipolar disorder, because I believe the meds to be problematic in and of themselves.
wolf367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2010, 02:24 AM   #10
tiagociriaco

The bipolar sufferers have energy in excess, and that's the reason why they are very talented.But too much energy also can turn them into a destructive person, as they they cannot hold so much energy in the body, and are compelled to give it away one way or other.
The way to handle this disorder is by lowering the energy of the person and bringing him to to the normal energy level.
I have sucessefuly handled all bipolar cases that came to me, the mild ones in 2 weeks time, and the harder ones with 2-3 months time.
For The harder ones the therapy is done with the help any member of family.
It takes litlle longer, but you can work better and give consistent wins to the bipolar sufferer, and get him totally cured.
The method i use, is basicaly as described above in the post.
But during the course of teraphy some new programs may be necessary to clear new symptons that may pop up. For that you may require a follow up, and be in communication with me.
I am ready to help you if you wish.
tiago
tiagociriaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
blue2

HIGH RATE of AUTOIMMUNE THYROIDITIS in BIPOLAR DISORDER: LACK of ASSOCIATION WITH LITHIUM EXPOSURE

Ralph W. Kupka, Willem A. Nolen, Robert M. Post, Susan L.McElroy,Lori L. Altshuler, Kirk D. Denicoff, Mark A. Frye, Paul E. Keck, Jr., Gabriele S. Leverich, A. John Rush, Patricia Suppes, Chad Pollio and Hemmo A. Drexhage

Accepted 6/8/2001

Biological Psychiatry Prepublication Article Abstract

Abstract

Background: We assessed the prevalence of thyroperoxidase antibodies (TPO-Abs) and thyroid failure in outpatients with bipolar disorder in comparison to two control groups.

Methods: TPO-Abs of outpatients with DSM IV bipolar disorder (n=226)
a general population control group (n=252) and psychiatric inpatients of any diagnosis (n=3190) were measured. Thyroid failure was defined as raised TSH and/or previously diagnosed hypothyroidism treated with thyroid hormone.
Subjects were compared with special attention to age,gender,and, within bipolar group,exposure to lithium.

Results: TPO-Abs were significantly more prevalent in bipolar patients (28%) than population controls and psychiatric inpatients (3-18%, depending on age,gender, and assay system). The presence of TPO-Abs in bipolar patients was associated with thyroid failure,but not with age,gender,mood state,rapid cycling,or lithium exposure. Thyroid failure was present in 17% of bipolar patients, and more prevalent in women. It was clearly associated with lithium exposure,especially in the presence of TPO-Abs,but not with current rapid cycling,although an association may have masked by adequate thyroid hormone replacement.

Conclusions: Thyroid autoimmunity was highly prevalent in this sample of outpatients with bipolar disorder,and not associated with lithium treatment. These two variables appear to be independent risk factors for the development of hypothyroidism,especially in women with bipolar disorder.

http://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/thyroidu...autoimmune.htm

21/07/2006

I personally would not advocate the use of Levothyroxine the synthetic hormone but Erfa Armourthyroid as this can be used sublingual and is not a problems like synthetic stuff. Also Magnesium take a look at Mark Sircus too and his books on Transdermal Magnesium and Iodine- and good iodine can be got at www.magnascent.com thyroid needs this to function. The earth is so damaged by pesticides we have no mineral rich soil anymore and seas for fish are getting very polluted by greed of man. But see if you can find a good Naturopath doctor.

Last edited by blue2; 21-07-2010 at 09:53 AM.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2010, 09:54 AM   #12
blue2

Thyroid uk link is broken and not because i typed it that way but it is this site-but you can click onto a link as you will see.

Also keep off GLUTEN and refined sugars, nothing processed. Hormone imbalances can occur because of artifical fluoride and all mannner of others like pesticides but the gluten combined with synthetic chems is bad news for the Pituitary gland as it blocks Growth Hormone and thus affects Insulin production. I know someone made very ill by psychiatry and diagnosis of bipolar disorder and she was diagnosed during menopause years or just after-not just lithium but other drugs too and injections,now in her late seventies-well if not she looks it and i've seen her go downhill and decline and now has Diabetes but nobody is looking at thyroid-her head is to one side as if she cannot now keep it straight and looking down. I gave her copy a few yrs ago of this Paper but either she did not bother or psych did not. I somehow never believed this lady had manic depression i felt that it was hormonal connected- because swings in moods is just that. These Labels are so dangerous.

Fluoride affects gland receptors and mood too-caffeine and fluoride is in Green tea too. Now i see that GM has been found in China's emergency Rice supplies. Caffeine affects Adrenal glands.

Last edited by blue2; 21-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 21-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #13
blue2

Do visit Thyroid UK and scroll down centre Home page etc-you will see references to bipolar and schizophrenia.
Old 25-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #14
maxmoris

Thanks to all you gays for the effort and advices..I just wandering is it possible to stop all medications..and to try to live only with fish diet and nature..as we were born..
Old 26-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #15
gaias child

Quote:
Thanks to all you gays for the effort and advices..I just wandering is it possible to stop all medications..and to try to live only with fish diet and nature..as we were born..
Definitely, it is possible to get off medications, but people have to go at their own pace, my father was dx with bi polar, or manic depression as it was in those days, and I have tendencies too, but it was the medications making it worse and it took a long time to get off them. due to withdrawal side effects.

Stephen Fry also has Bi polar and he does not take medications. It could cause problems and side effects though coming off them, and withdrawal should be slow.

Medications are just about profits for pharmaceutical companies and can be problematic

Maybe if you or partner are uncertain get some advice from a holistic therapist experienced in this area or go on a forum where there are others that have succeeded this way

Last edited by gaias child; 26-07-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 26-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #16
mayastar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygoogoo View Post
wow well from what I know of people who have it in my life they HAVE to take medicine or learn how to live with the ups/downs. It's a really debilitating psychological condition.

You cannot give up, but must keep going to more and more sources.
Bipolar tends to be genetic and like schizophrenia there is NO CURE only
learning how to live with it.

Tiago's advice seems very interesting I suggest you try it, cannot hurt and he claims success. That is more than many
psychologists and psychiatrists can say.

Why are they using Depakote instead of Lithium? One is a patented medicine the other generic nonpatented. Do the math.
I'm bipolar too and when I have an episode it's often mixed. They gave me depakote - which has problems of its own I found out...one of them being it affects female hormone in particular. Also it affects liver function and because the drug is metabolized in the liver, over time, it can seem to be less effective. In trials lithium comes tends to be more successful...however, it has its own problem and that is that lithium can build up in system to a toxic level so if they prescribe lithium you have to have monthly blood tests to avoid toxicity.

Many people with bipolar (especially where mania is the main culprit) do well with seroquel (aka quetiapine) - which is an atypical anti-psychotic that's used to treat schizophrenics and people with bipolar. It has quite severe sedative effects however...it was given to me along with the depakote when the depakote stopped working so well and in the end I came off the depakote and the seroquel too. I found seroquel's side effects quite bad - intolerable in my case. But I have heart that it can help a lot of people with bipolar; some people get on better with meds than others. Perhaps she could ask about possibly changing to seroquel or adding a small dose of seroquel to her current treatment to see if it helps?
Mayastar on Facebook
Maya's Myspace
mayastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #17
mayastar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaias child View Post
Definitely, it is possible to get off medications, but people have to go at their own pace, my father was dx with bi polar, or manic depression as it was in those days, and I have tendencies too, but it was the medications making it worse and it took a long time to get off them. due to withdrawal side effects.

Stephen Fry also has Bi polar and he does not take medications. It could cause problems and side effects though coming off them, and withdrawal should be slow.

Medications are just about profits for pharmaceutical companies and can be problematic

Maybe if you or partner are uncertain get some advice from a holistic therapist experienced in this area or go on a forum where there are others that have succeeded this way
This is true - coming off the medications causes problems of its own; I've only had one episode where I was medicated and other than that have refused medication because of the side effects and then withdrawal. But I wouldn't say boycott all chemical assistance in all cases because it can genuinely help some people.

Taking steps like avoiding cigarettes, caffeine or any stimulants; avoiding alcohol; getting regular exercise, meditating daily, and using energy healing techniques (like reiki)...these things often make more of a difference than the drugs for some people - and without negative side effects.

But strongly advise her to continue taking the meds and if she wants to try something else or see if she can change her lifestyle and control her moods that way, she should speak to her psychiatrist about the options.

Good luck :-) XXX
Mayastar on Facebook
Maya's Myspace
Old 27-07-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
gaias child

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayastar View Post
But strongly advise her to continue taking the meds and if she wants to try something else or see if she can change her lifestyle and control her moods that way, she should speak to her psychiatrist about the options.

Good luck :-) XXX
I just want to add here though when I told the psychiatrist my suspected bad reactions to drugs they poo pooed them , told me the bad reactions comig off was because I was ill and gave me more drugs to deal with side effects, it was only that I instinctively felt i was being damaged after a sucidide attempt to get off them and I had too work it out myself.

Most people have such strong beliefs in what they are told they will never attempt to come off them and yeah I agree it will give serious side effects if you have been on them long term.

No psych will ever tell you to come of meds, if you have been dx with schizophrenia or bi polar, they get bonuses by pharma companies for prescribing certain drugs.

I hope the OP partner can find a resolution, I suspect if she is not posting here herself though she may not want or feel comfortable or believe she can come off them

Last edited by gaias child; 27-07-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 27-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #19
catnap

[QUOTE=gaias child;1059091375]

No psych will ever tell you to come of meds/QUOTE]

Not strictly true but true for the majority. There are some doctors and therapists out there who are different but not many.

Stoping tablets in one hit isnt a good way to go for sure.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.
catnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #20
mayastar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaias child View Post
I just want to add here though when I told the psychiatrist my suspected bad reactions to drugs they poo pooed them , told me the bad reactions comig off was because I was ill and gave me more drugs to deal with side effects, it was only that I instinctively felt i was being damaged after a sucidide attempt to get off them and I had too work it out myself.

Most people have such strong beliefs in what they are told they will never attempt to come off them and yeah I agree it will give serious side effects if you have been on them long term.

No psych will ever tell you to come of meds, if you have been dx with schizophrenia or bi polar, they get bonuses by pharma companies for prescribing certain drugs.

I hope the OP partner can find a resolution, I suspect if she is not posting here herself though she may not want or feel comfortable or believe she can come off them
You're so right. I was thinking about this today. I have to go to my GP for something routine and not related to my BP at all. I know she'll look at the records and see I haven't renewed my prescription for the seroquel and will ask if I've been taking it. I'll say no I haven't because it doesn't actually help and I'd rather do things my way. She'll send a letter to my psychiatrist who will either phone me or write a letter or ask me to come in and see him and he will tell me if I feel like I don't need the meds, it means I do need the meds. And If I feel ok, then that means I may need them because I might be manic or maybe I should take them as a precaution. There is a feeling that you can't win...once they give you a diagnosis, the only solution a psychitrist seems to suggest is drugs. They see you as a 'case' rather than a person and I think in general for many people, they can actually set them back in their recovery - if the drugs make it hard to think or focus, how can you work out strategies and make plans?

And the same happened to me - when I was being given drugs to counteract the side effects of one, then other drugs to counteract the withdrawal, then drugs to counteract the side effects of the drug to counteract the side effects of the withdrawal, I started to think, I'm not sure they really know what they're doing...I don't have confidence in this system...and I think ultimately it set me back rather than helped me.

But it is annoying...I can see that an appointment to see my psychiatrist will be triggered by my routine visit to my GP...and I can see that no matter what I say, he will say that means I should take his drugs! So I've decided, if they send me an appointment, I'll ring and cancel it and tell them I don't need one...of course...that might just make my psychiatrist decide I need his drugs even more! We'll see. But I know where you're coming from for sure! XXX

Love to you X
Maya XX
Mayastar on Facebook
Maya's Myspace