Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Finance

Old 10-03-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
real6

Default EU Approve Tax On Financial Transactions 2 Be Paid

EU Approves Tax On Financial Transactions To Be Paid Directly To Brussels

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...-eu-tobin-tax/

As predicted, the European Parliament has voted for a tax on financial transactions, to be levied directly by Brussels. The vote went through by 536 to 80: only my own group, the European Conservatives and Reformists, voted solidly against the measure, although we had some support from UKIP and its allies as well as two Danish liberals and two Portuguese conservatives.

Anyone wondering why David Cameron broke with the palaeo-federalist EPP need only look at its automatic support for such measures as this. With a handful of exceptions – such as those two heroes from our oldest ally - the Christian Democrats invariably vote for higher taxes, greater state intervention and Euro-corporatism. I do wish British journalists would stop lazily refering to the EPP as “Centre-Right”; the EPP itself angrily insists that it is “a party of the Centre”.

The Tobin Tax might well be vetoed by one or other of the national governments. But the campaign for pan-European taxation is only just beginning. This will be the big battleground of the next five years. It’s time for a European Tea Party.
"My father may not approve, but I am no longer his disciple, I am a master now, an idea transcended into life. And so this is my new path, which is a lot like the old one - only mine. To stay on that path I need to work harder, explore new rituals, evolve. Am I evil? Am I good? I'm done asking those questions, I dont have the answers - does anyone?"

-Dexter Morgan
real6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
real6

Default The EU wants pan-European taxation

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...pean-taxation/

The EU tends to move in five-year cycles. In my first mandate (1999-2004) the big idea was the integration of home affairs, including criminal justice, civil law, immigration and visas. In the next (2004-2009) it was the adoption of a European Constitution. This time, the big idea is tax harmonisation.

Harmonised taxes are higher taxes

Europe’s President, Herman Van Rompuy wants “common economic governance“. Some Commissioners are fantasising about an EU income tax. Even the more moderate ones want some form of direct Brussels revenue, either in the form of EU eco-taxes or of a levy on banks. To them, the Greek crisis is a Heaven-sent opportunity.

The problem with their scheme – and you shouldn’t have to be a Euro-sceptic to see this – is that tax harmonisation will consign the EU as a whole to slower growth and higher unemployment. All the elements are in place for a European tea party: taxes are high and rising, and will soon be set by rulers who are beyond our votes. I shall be speaking at the first British Tea Party in Brighton next week; details to follow.
"My father may not approve, but I am no longer his disciple, I am a master now, an idea transcended into life. And so this is my new path, which is a lot like the old one - only mine. To stay on that path I need to work harder, explore new rituals, evolve. Am I evil? Am I good? I'm done asking those questions, I dont have the answers - does anyone?"

-Dexter Morgan
real6 is offline   Reply With Quote