Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 16-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
h2pogo
Inactive

Default Is now the time to stock up on food?

With the pound and the euro in free fall and trillions of euros being created I get a feeling we are heading for hyperinflation soon..

I remember Bob Chapman saying it would take about 18months for the new trillions to filter through the markets before it would effect main St..18 months is up and things are no better especially in Europe..And i have just been listening Bob talking of hyper inflation in Europe..

what are your views..are there any signs of hyperinflation?
How much is a tin of beans in the uk?
In Ireland beans must be close on a Euro a tin
I am thinking of stocking up on my next visit to the UK..
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
billycourty

Always have 2 weeks of food in the cubboard for your family and animals. Its not rocket science people!
billycourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
the apprentice
Inactive

Default Most definately

Those in the know have already done this months ago and those who are now thinking of it bettter get into action before hyper inflations start, the answer is a most profound yes.

I have just been talking with my mother and her brother in Italy has just told her that his pension has just been cut to try and stave off banruptsy of the country and things are much tighter than her in the UK, they are already witnessing the final stages of collapse he says.

Stock up sooner than later, if it all blows over you will be well fed for a few weeks/months, but at least do something now
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
paracelsus

You should have a couple of months worth of emergency food, water and other essentials stored as a matter of course, both as a hedge against unemployment and in case there is any kind of catastrophic interruption to the supply chain, be that from oil shortage, financial collapse, terrorism etc.

Dollarisation of a distressed currency is one of the red flag indicators that happen before hyper inflation breaks out. The euro is being dollarised ie backed and shored up with container loads of dollars being shipped in from the USA now.....

The collapse is happening here big time, the_apprentice; They have just laid off 1200 NHS workers in this city alone and are shedding council workers. Expect to see these types of cuts being rolled out across the rest of the UK shortly. Tin of beans is around the 50p mark at the moment, h2pogo.
We may not get hyperinflation for a while or it could happen suddenly, like in the Weimar republic but we will see inflation due to our currencies devaluing, making imported stuff like food and fuel, more expensive........this is already starting to happen.......

Last edited by paracelsus; 16-05-2010 at 06:03 PM.
paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
andyh
Banned

I'm not so sure stocking food is what needs to be done as much as planting it.
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #6
paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
You'll need something to eat while you wait for your seeds to sprout
Old 16-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
h2pogo
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracelsus View Post
I am attempting to grow food for the first time..alas all i seem to be doing is feeding the slugs..I suppose i could eat slugs if things get bad...

I would prefer beans on toast though..
Old 16-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
andyh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracelsus View Post
I don't think personally that we're looking at mayhem until next year, I've already planted most of my crop now and am seeing some first returns - especially broad beans which are doing amazing
What I'm looking at having now is some staple, and potatoes are the obvious choice. I'm taking my time though as I want some decent organic seed potatoes of a specific variety.

I've been fancying giving grapes a go too actually. Blackcurrants are also nice and doing well in my garden but it won't be until the end of summer next year before the plants showing some real returns.
I can perhaps make some wine out of the fruits, doesn't have to be grapes...the results could be very interesting
Old 16-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
newworldengineer

Location: Caught up at the border of the living and the dead.

well I'm screwed then, I only earn enough to eat for that week and that's on barely nothing... I'm constantly in the red too... oh well, cannibalism it is then
"Because we suggest a model of time whose mathematics dictate a built-in spiral structure, events keep gathering themselves into tighter and tighter spirals that lead inevitably to a final time. Like the center of a black hole, the final time is a necessary singularity, a domain or an event in which the ordinary laws of physics do not function" - Terrence Mckenna

http://www.youtube.com/redherringmedia
newworldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
freedom1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
I am attempting to grow food for the first time..alas all i seem to be doing is feeding the slugs..I suppose i could eat slugs if things get bad...

I would prefer beans on toast though..
Lol..I would starve before eating a slug!
I'm in the same boat as you, ie. growing veg for the first time. I do know a really good gardener though (he enters competitions and really knows his stuff) who recommended putting egg shells round the veg which apparantly stops the slugs coz they won't go over egg shells. Hope this helps.
freedom1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #11
verndewd
Banned

I would advise people stock up on food , seeds and food preservation supplies.
verndewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 07:16 PM   #12
acharlatani

Quote:
I don't think personally that we're looking at mayhem until next year, I've already planted most of my crop now and am seeing some first returns - especially broad beans which are doing amazing
What I'm looking at having now is some staple, and potatoes are the obvious choice. I'm taking my time though as I want some decent organic seed potatoes of a specific variety.

I've been fancying giving grapes a go too actually. Blackcurrants are also nice and doing well in my garden but it won't be until the end of summer next year before the plants showing some real returns.
I can perhaps make some wine out of the fruits, doesn't have to be grapes...the results could be very interesting
I hope you have some sort of defence plan andy? if you have the land and the crops and it does all go tits up expect gangs of people coming to rape, plunder and pillage what you got

SMASH THE SYSTEM
acharlatani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #13
paracelsus

Quote:
Don't eat slugs, I have heard that they have some pretty nasty viruses in their stomachs which will make you seriously ill. Snails can be eaten if you purge them first ie feed them on non toxic plants for a day or so before cooking them...

I was in the same boat as you last year but had great success with some crops and less with others, which were high maintenance and more trouble than they were worth.....

Quote:
I think the financial system is so unstable now, that the collapse could happen anyday. I grew potatoes very successfully last year, good crop return for very low maintenance (water them once a week), you can grow them in plastic bags or piles of tyres if you don't have much space. Beetroots and carrots, are also good source of carbos, which don't take too much looking after.

Quote:
I'm in the same boat as you, ie. growing veg for the first time. I do know a really good gardener though (he enters competitions and really knows his stuff) who recommended putting egg shells round the veg which apparantly stops the slugs coz they won't go over egg shells. Hope this helps

Use a beer trap to get rid of slugs, they get smashed, sing Alice Cooper's entire back catalogue at the top of their voices, get a bit maudlin and then fall into it and drown.........
Old 16-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
h2pogo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom1st View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, ie. growing veg for the first time. I do know a really good gardener though (he enters competitions and really knows his stuff) who recommended putting egg shells round the veg which apparantly stops the slugs coz they won't go over egg shells. Hope this helps.
Thanks I just went out and did that..there were five slugs on my last carrot..I did bury a can of guiness with the top cut of to trap slugs which did catch slugs but i fear it attracted even more slugs to the area..
Old 16-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #15
andyh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acharlatani View Post
I hope you have some sort of defence plan andy? if you have the land and the crops and it does all go tits up expect gangs of people coming to rape, plunder and pillage what you got
Not where I am
The crops I have are small tbh and well out of sight, even then in Ireland driving down farmers tracks at night isn't a good idea lol.
Old 16-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #16
the apprentice
Inactive

If you take a look outside into nature you will see the children of many species of birds already have voice and have taken to flight, that is the first batch, when you see the second batch most staple food stuffs window has elapsed and without a six month window of supply you are in the smelly stuff if the echonomy ever did collapse totally.

There is the rape a pillage route, which would only stave off stravation for a few weeks at best, and endanger those who have not trying to get it from those who have and don't want to share any of it, and then there is the case of it going to ewaste depending on how long any biodegradable produce holds out edible.

In times of real harships a 12 week window from the second born is all one has to get the supplies in and stored safely, after that its down to 12 days, where all but the strongest entities will have fallen by the way side, siege mentality and defence in numbers can hold off the worst of those robbing bastards who want to steal anothers fortune and word anothers gain.

Working together is the end game, after al the rape and pilliage has passed, there will be only death for those who don't have the skills and the scense to come together.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #17
subl1minal

Oh doom and gloom as always. Not every one hates eachother. We're all capable of helping eachother in our towns, villages etc.

It's the cities people should be concerned about. Since it's all fast paced, fast food.
subl1minal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #18
andyh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
Working together is the end game, after al the rape and pilliage has passed, there will be only death for those who don't have the skills and the scense to come together.
Absolutely yep

And you won't manage that in a city...like I've been saying for 3 years now lol.
I can't see people coming together in one place to start something like the venus project either, so that leaves little villages out in the middle of nowhere with farms nearby and the possibility of having a small micro economy if they co-operate and times get tough and if they're the right sort of people to do it.

I don't think stocking your pantry with a few weeks worth of tins is going to make much of a difference imho...
Old 16-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #19
acharlatani

Quote:
Absolutely yep

And you won't manage that in a city...like I've been saying for 3 years now lol.
I can't see people coming together in one place to start something like the venus project either, so that leaves little villages out in the middle of nowhere with farms nearby and the possibility of having a small micro economy if they co-operate and times get tough and if they're the right sort of people to do it.

I don't think stocking your pantry with a few weeks worth of tins is going to make much of a difference imho...
Yeah i agree, isolated farms wil be the best future for most. Im glad i live near friends with the land and isolation needed.
I do think in places the venus project could work but if the monetary system fails our future will be communities...

SMASH THE SYSTEM
acharlatani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #20
tracker

I would 1st start off by watching what is going on by keeping up with the news .
If things started getting bad , real bad , I would gather all my clutter , old records , CDs , SOME old books ( not all of them coz I like many of them ) things like telescopes , working solar systems , even some old tools I dont use and sell them all at a boot fare to gather as much money as possible before no one could afford buying stuff .

Apart from stocking up on food , seeds and equipment , most of which I already have , but only a bout a months worth , I would start to truly get into the foraging side of food for free .
I would also start planting the odd veg in the country side away from public tracks because most folk ( although not all people ) wouldn't know the difference between a damson tree and a conifer tree especially if its in the woods surrounded by other trees far from the paths .
I would also ( depending on how bad the situation got ) start looking for food kitchens and food hand outs , to make my own stocks last longer .

Dont forget fuel folks , get those Gerry cans filled up . I have two but none have fuel in them yet .

One step at a time I suppose .

Last edited by tracker; 17-05-2010 at 06:58 AM.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote