Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 02-05-2018, 11:36 PM   #21
white light

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyi View Post
that's for 2 people, i'm not that greedy lol and yeah it is german and their food is not bad, when you overlook the price difference compared to other supermarkets and traditional brands not being there, lidl can be decent.

their bakery is surprisingly good too, i go both lidl and asda to buy food.
Around here Lidl bread is infinitely better than Tesco bread. Didn't like their pizza though. Too salty.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:20 AM   #22
decim

Sainsburys do alot of organic lines aswell as nitrate free sausages, bacon and ham.
I'll be very pissed off if they mess with them.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:10 AM   #23
bamboozooka

i use tesco and their range of organic is outstanding and reasonable.
asdas fruit and veg has always been rank. school clothes is the main reason for an asda visit.
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #24
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboozooka View Post
i use tesco and their range of organic is outstanding and reasonable.
asdas fruit and veg has always been rank. school clothes is the main reason for an asda visit.
That's because they take out some bad ones and repackge it to sell as fresh which means that really you are buying sellby date gone produce and that's why it's cheaper.
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #25
cosmic tramp

Got Aldi & Lidl near me too, growth rate of both those stores is phenomenal and starting to worry the UK supermarket giants. Good austerity formula: curtails indulgence spending - one brand only of everything, no frills, most of it German, bulk bought low price and good quality. Apparently UK Aldi is the cheapest of all the other European Aldis.

Interesting fact: ALDI is a compression of Albrecht Discount (Herr Albrecht being der founding Dyrektor) . Not sure what LIDL is short for. ASDA gets its name from good old Yorkshire Asquith Butchers (1920) of Knottingley ,West Yorks. who merged with United Dairies in 1965, so the AS is from Asquith and the DA is from dairies. Betya dint know that...

So with the current merger maybe SASDA is a possibility...

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 03-05-2018 at 02:50 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #26
decode reality
Inactive

They'll probably be called 'Asbury'. Then we can literally 'hate Asbury'.

That pun only makes sense if you're San Fransisco-savvy, but I just thought I'd chuck it in.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:04 PM   #27
elshaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Got Aldi & Lidl near me too, growth rate of both those stores is phenomenal and starting to worry the UK supermarket giants. Good austerity formula: curtails indulgence spending - one brand only of everything, no frills, most of it German, bulk bought low price and good quality. Apparently UK Aldi is the cheapest of all the other European Aldis.

Interesting fact: ALDI is a compression of Albrecht Discount (Herr Albrecht being der founding Dyrektor) . Not sure what LIDL is short for. ASDA gets its name from good old Yorkshire Asquith Butchers (1920) of Knottingley ,West Yorks. who merged with United Dairies in 1965, so the AS is from Asquith and the DA is from dairies. Betya dint know that...

So with the current merger maybe SASDA is a possibility...
SASDA 2/1
Asbury 13/8

Place your bets NOW.
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 03-05-2018, 05:46 PM   #28
donjuan

Sainsbury’s pay their workers more don’t they? Would be disappointing if lower wages were a consequence of this.
donjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:12 AM   #29
techman

I hate any large or even medium sized shop or supermarket, mainly because I get the feeling I've just walked into a prison (a prison without the bars I must add) with cameras everywhere you go, down every isle, literring the ceiling and along every shopping checkout. Horrible oppressive places.The worst places for cameras are the Home Bargains, Poundlands of this world; look up and you'll see more black domed CCTV cameras than stars in the night sky. Where do these shops get the money for so many cameras?.

Digressing a little there. I don't know how people can even afford to shop at any of the above places these days, what with other things we have to pay for. For me Im seeing more and more people going to Poundland shops, B&Ms, etc, which is no surprise why these stores are springing up everywhere. I don't know anyone who shops at Sainsbury's. Its either Asda,, Tesco, Aldi, Morrison's, and other less food orientated shops like B&M that most shop at. and not forgetting places like Heron and Iceland.

I did walk past a poshy modern housing estate a few weeks ago, where I saw a "Shop Online at Waitrose" delivery van exiting the estate. I thought "how the other half live". Who the hell shops at Waitrose? I don't even know where the nearest one is.

Last edited by techman; 04-05-2018 at 09:16 AM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:20 PM   #30
elshaper

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 09-05-2018, 04:21 PM   #31
forteanc

I just ate a cheese n onion pastry bake thing from ASDA. It was really bad. Infact aweful.

Last edited by forteanc; 09-05-2018 at 04:22 PM.
forteanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #32
serpentine

Our local Aldi doesn't play muzak either unlike the Asda which was playing this last time I went.

Not sure if Amy would approve but the lettuce in the fresh food section was visibly going limp.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #33
elshaper

Fairyprincess might be interested in this one.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 21-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #34
cosmic tramp

I remember seeing this - is that the one where she substitutes Toblerone for her own cheaper "Twin Peaks" creation ? Orders about 6 million of them ? Also shows the warehouses just stacked roof high with unsold Poundland tat ?
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #35
sevenhills

I really cannot recall the last time (apart from some cigarettes) I bought anything from either of them.

All my shopping comes from the furthest ends of the size scale - Either the Behemoth that is Tesco via the Internet and their van fleet or from the local shops down the road for fresh real food.
sevenhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 01:42 PM   #36
elshaper

Maplin have gone bust.
Where would we buy our electronics bits 'n' pieces now?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/648394...dministration/

A Town Cursed by Jesus
Old 13-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #37
sevenhills

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshaper View Post
Maplin have gone bust.
Where would we buy our electronics bits 'n' pieces now?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/648394...dministration/
Same place everyone bought them before. Its called "the internet".
That's why Maplins and other such over priced, out dated stores go bust.
Old 13-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #38
oneriver

“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 07:47 PM   #39
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by forteanc View Post
I just ate a cheese n onion pastry bake thing from ASDA. It was really bad. Infact aweful.
Yuk ,, tasteless junk food!

It's all based on the fact that the filthy super rich billionaires wanna get richer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

At the top of the pyramid of control and money and power the same few control and own everything anyway! always have!

The illusion of choice ha! ,, now it's being removed ,, and they're showing their true colours ,,

I liked Sainsburys because they had nice big wide aisles, plenty of room to move and breathe and never too crowded with hoardes of minions pushing you out of the way.

But now the rich billionaires $$$$$$$$$$$$ realises there's more money to be made in overcrowded cramped supermarkets with tiny aisles.

Bad luck middle classes of the UK! Sainsurys will now become the New Asda!