Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 08-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
liselott

Default Heartburn from apple cider vinegar

I want to drink some apple cider vinegar in water each day but when I do I get problems with heartburn, especially during the night. Any tips to avoid this problem and still be able to consume the vinegar?
liselott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
white light

Some folk drink milk to line the stomach before drinking whisky.

??
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
liselott

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Some folk drink milk to line the stomach before drinking whisky.

??
Worth a try, thanks.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Don't line the stomach before acv as this well prevent take-up. A good doctor's opinion may help.
If this heartburn only happens after cider vinegar, then there could be more serious problems, as you body is fighting back with acid. For relief just take teaspoon of baking soda in water, but NEVER during or after a meal.

There are so many questions ( such as what meds do you take/any other problems at the moment, etc.) that need to be asked first, that it would be impossible to say at the moment what the problem is. I shall leave a couple of links pointing you in the right direction. This may be followed by comments from sock-puppet ignorant assholes giving verbal abuse and shouting quack. Just ignore them, they know nothing and have no intention of helping your health - quite the reverse in fact.

I have been using Dr.Sircus for many years, and found him to be about the best, or as good as the best.
His online advice is completely free and in the public domain.
But in the meantime, make sure the ACV is genuine raw unprocessed, and take a spoon of sodium bicarbonate ( or half a spoon if over 65) whenever you get the heartburn. It will act immediately, and help keep your ph higher than normal for a few hours. That is baking soda, not baking powder.
Use some litmus paper, and check your ph now and again throughout the day, and try to keep it beween 6.5 and 7.5. If it drops below at all, then start using baking soda regularly, whenever yo need it according to your ph., but be aware it normally fluctuates up and down throughout the day, and should recover after fruit or healthy diet.
If it drops to 6 or below , then just correct slightly with the baking soda. Half a teaspoon in water will increase the ph by somewhere around 1.5 - 2 - so if your ph is 6 and you take half a spoon, it should recover to 7.5 or more.
Best of luck. Here are the links

It is also wise to follow a supplement protocol , such as advised by Dr. Sircus, this will prevent most problems form occurring, and thus prevent the need for a doctor.

https://drsircus.com/sodium-bicarbon...raindications/
https://drsircus.com/general/cancer-gerd/
https://drsircus.com/?s=heartburn

PS make sure the baking soda fizzes a little and disappears into the water when stirred. If it doesn't, then it's stale or no good.

As white light mentioned milk, That is ALSO good for calming stomach acid, but not as fast as Baking Soda.

Last edited by grimstock; 08-10-2018 at 02:21 PM.
grimstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #5
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

I would also add that it may be the case that the ACV is upsetting your normal ph balance and stomach acid. If that is so, then do not take Baking soda prior to or following the ACV as they will, when taken separately, both raise your ph levels, and both will cause acid to be excreted. So check your ph is not too high - if it is, a strong coffee should lower it again. Better to be safe than sorry. Litmus paper is your navigational aid in this respect! To check current ph level just use the tongue, for excretion levels use the urine test.
Use ACV immediately before a meal for best effect - https://www.healthyerhacks.com/drink...inegar-you-eat
However, if stomach acid is the problem, it is better to err on the side of caution, and use as oneriver suggests - well before a meal, even perhaps two hours before. or temporarily stop using until the problem with stomach acid is sorted.
Do not use Baking Soda immediately after a meal .
(See the GERD info regarding stomach acid)

Also - do not eat meals within 2-3 hours of going to bed, and nothing at all within one hour.

For a nice-tasting cloudy ACV with the mother, Ostlers do a nice one in a glass bottle (This is essential for acid storage)

Last edited by grimstock; 09-10-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #6
oneriver

Best way to take ACV is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, dilute about a tablespoon of ACV in a good glass of water (non-tap if possible). Wait 30-40mins before eating.
“Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time?" That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ? Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Y Gwir Erbyn Y Byd ("Truth Against the World") - Druidic Motto
oneriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #7
the nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimstock View Post
Don't line the stomach before acv as this well prevent take-up. A good doctor's opinion may help.
If this heartburn only happens after cider vinegar, then there could be more serious problems, as you body is fighting back with acid. For relief just take teaspoon of baking soda in water, but NEVER during or after a meal.

There are so many questions ( such as what meds do you take/any other problems at the moment, etc.) that need to be asked first, that it would be impossible to say at the moment what the problem is. I shall leave a couple of links pointing you in the right direction. This may be followed by comments from sock-puppet ignorant assholes giving verbal abuse and shouting quack. Just ignore them, they know nothing and have no intention of helping your health - quite the reverse in fact.

I have been using Dr.Sircus for many years, and found him to be about the best, or as good as the best.
His online advice is completely free and in the public domain.
But in the meantime, make sure the ACV is genuine raw unprocessed, and take a spoon of sodium bicarbonate ( or half a spoon if over 65) whenever you get the heartburn. It will act immediately, and help keep your ph higher than normal for a few hours. That is baking soda, not baking powder.
Use some litmus paper, and check your ph now and again throughout the day, and try to keep it beween 6.5 and 7.5. If it drops below at all, then start using baking soda regularly, whenever yo need it according to your ph., but be aware it normally fluctuates up and down throughout the day, and should recover after fruit or healthy diet.
If it drops to 6 or below , then just correct slightly with the baking soda. Half a teaspoon in water will increase the ph by somewhere around 1.5 - 2 - so if your ph is 6 and you take half a spoon, it should recover to 7.5 or more.
Best of luck. Here are the links

It is also wise to follow a supplement protocol , such as advised by Dr. Sircus, this will prevent most problems form occurring, and thus prevent the need for a doctor.

https://drsircus.com/sodium-bicarbon...raindications/
https://drsircus.com/general/cancer-gerd/
https://drsircus.com/?s=heartburn

PS make sure the baking soda fizzes a little and disappears into the water when stirred. If it doesn't, then it's stale or no good.

As white light mentioned milk, That is ALSO good for calming stomach acid, but not as fast as Baking Soda.
Do you mean 'bicarbonate of Soda' rather than 'baking power'?
As baking powder contains raising agents
"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled;
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason… - Albert Pike Sharpen & Use your reasoning daily - the nine
the nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:37 PM   #8
metaspiral

u only need a couple teaspoons a day apparently, i drink in warmish water out of tap to water down a bit.Meant to get into your system better that way. BTW B and M's have started selling Spanish apple cider viniger for a couple quid with the Mother. not tried it yet.
metaspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:30 PM   #9
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nine View Post
Do you mean 'bicarbonate of Soda' rather than 'baking power'?
As baking powder contains raising agents

Yes, Nine, that's right. People get mixed up, it's baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) that I refer to.

Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) and Cancer (explains how to use baking soda and ph strips/litmus)

Last edited by grimstock; 09-10-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:52 AM   #10
berten60

Quote:
Originally Posted by liselott View Post
I want to drink some apple cider vinegar in water each day but when I do I get problems with heartburn, especially during the night. Any tips to avoid this problem and still be able to consume the vinegar?
Why not dilute it?
Like one spoon of vinegar in a glass of water...
berten60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #11
liselott

Thanks for all the answers. Grimstock, I don't really understand. Do you mean that I should not take the vinegar and the baking soda at the same time but spread it out? How long after the vinegar should I take the baking soda? Is it a good idea to take the baking soda before going to bed since I have the most problems with heartburn during the night? How many times a day should I take vinegar and how many times a day can I take the baking soda?
Old 09-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #12
liselott

And grimstock I do not only get heartburn after I have taken acv but it is a general problem I have had for some years but it seems to worsen after acv. I have not wanted to use medication for the heartburn but have found that I have lesser problems with it if I abstain from wheat. I have also found that eating a raw carrot or a red delicious or golden delicious apple the last thing for the day helps. I have also lost a few kilos of weight in the last six months which has helped to some degree. Hope to lose some more. Thanks for the links, I will check them out.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:18 AM   #13
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
And grimstock I do not only get heartburn after I have taken acv but it is a general problem I have had for some years but it seems to worsen after acv. I have not wanted to use medication for the heartburn but have found that I have lesser problems with it if I abstain from wheat. I have also found that eating a raw carrot or a red delicious or golden delicious apple the last thing for the day helps. I have also lost a few kilos of weight in the last six months which has helped to some degree. Hope to lose some more. Thanks for the links, I will check them out.
I have replied several times, but my computer is crashed each time.
Go and see a doctor.
#
"Common symptoms of acid reflux are: Heartburn: a burning pain or discomfort that may move from your stomach to your abdomen or chest, or even up into your throat. Regurgitation: a sour or bitter-tasting acid backing up into your throat or mouth."
I suggest stop the ACV and get your stomach acid sorted urgently first. This if far gone, can take many years to fix.
Possibly stomach acid has been retarded by the ACV usage, It's serious if you have had it more than just on the odd occasion.
Get your ph between 6.5 and 7.5 and don't let it go below.

See a doctor for determining what the problem is - if the lining of the stomach has been damaged for a long time then you possibly have a long recuperation ahead of you. get a proper diagnosis first!

This is very urgent, liselott, so let us know what the problem is once you have been diagnosed.
A doctor that says "oh try these pills" and nothing else is no use, you need a proper diagnosis.

Last edited by grimstock; 10-10-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:47 PM   #14
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Also lise, if the stomach lining is damaged, you will not be able to process nutrition so easily - that may be why you lose weight, not the ACV, That is a serious condition to be in, so get onto it right away. That problem will spiral as the stomach will be holding left-over food, and the body will keep giving more and more acid to clear it, which in turn will take away the rest of the stomach lining.

Last edited by grimstock; 11-10-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #15
bamboozooka

i have a spoon diluted in water b4 i go to bed.
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 03:52 PM   #16
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Acetic acid is very fast-acting on the teeth, so always make sure you rinse well immediately after taking vinegar of any sort. Rinse any excess from the mouth first before rinsing teeth.
Old 13-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #17
thermion

Just a moment. Sorry to p*** on the parade again, but before any 'alternative' cures are tried, has the OP liselott confirmed they have no underlying causes?

One of the commonest causes of heartburn and easiest to cure is Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)
Quote:
This is a type of bacteria. These germs can enter your body and live in your digestive tract. After many years, they can cause sores, called ulcers, in the lining of your stomach or the upper part of your small intestine. For some people, an infection can lead to stomach cancer.
So why just treat the symptoms when the root cause can be cured? This requires a short, non-invasive medical treatment.

A hiatus hernia is another common cause, especially when lying flat in bed. (This is my problem diagnosed during a scan for something else.)

A food diary can help pinpoint what foods cause heartburn (often occurring many ours later) so that they can be avoided.

The above proposed 'cures' may reduce the symptoms, but how about addressing the cause?

Whatever the cause, severe heartburn (also called gastro-oesophageal reflux disease - GORD) can lead to Barrett's oesophagus which can be very nasty.

Maybe a qualified gastroenterologist may like to pitch in and supply some informed opinion - obviously they'll be a shill paid for by Big Pharma - before any serious underlying conditions go unrecognised.

Anyway, good luck liselott and hope you find the cause.

thermion
thermion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #18
liselott

Thanks for the replies, I will see a doctor. I just hope I can find a good one who will not just push some pills on me.
Old 20-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #19
wingwang

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermion View Post
One of the commonest causes of heartburn and easiest to cure is Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) So why just treat the symptoms when the root cause can be cured? This requires a short, non-invasive medical treatment.

I read an interesting article about that recently: "The Doctor Who Drank Infectious Broth, Gave Himself an Ulcer, and Solved a Medical Mystery"

http://discovermagazine.com/2010/mar...edical-mystery
wingwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 04:44 PM   #20
thermion

Quote:
Thanks for the replies, I will see a doctor. I just hope I can find a good one who will not just push some pills on me.
If the spit test shows you have H. pylori the doctor will 'push pills' which will kill the bacteria. But it's not a permanent course, just a few days or so I believe and it's done.

If you have a hiatus hernia there are two options as far a I know. An operation to repair it (which is quite unpleasant, not always successful and can leave scar tissue) or permanent daily drugs that reduce the acid generated by your stomach. This is what I had to do for a while, and it was very successful.

But like you I didn't want to remain on them, like all drugs they have some side effects and I came of them - although they didn't affect me badly at all. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to return to them as my heartburn caused by my hiatus hernia is not fixable by diet or woo stuff like bicarb, cider vinegar, etc. Those things might reduce the symptoms by messing with the acid chemistry of the stomach, but sometimes a stomach has to be persuaded to make less acid, and unfortunately at the moment only drugs can do that reliably. But by all means try hypnosis or acupuncture, you never know...

Out of all the members on this forum, it's a pity a qualified gastroenterologist hasn't pitched in with their suggestions.
thermion is offline   Reply With Quote