Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 30-09-2018, 02:46 AM   #1
motleyhoo

Default You never see skinny people drinking diet soda.

The big fallacy about aspartame is people think drinking 0 calories is going to keep them from gaining weight from sugar. But what happens is actually just the opposite. When you consume something with 0 calories your body is tricked into going into starvation mode, and it will immediately begin converting everything else you eat into fat. The more diet soda these people drink the fatter they get.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 03:33 AM   #2
wingwang

Agree with the sentiment. I'd widen it out to more of a low calorie, low fat mindset. It just aint gonna happen. Fat people will go 'strict' for so long and then have a blowout where they stuff their faces because they're so hungry!

I was in a shop the other week and they only had 'diet' fizzy drinks for sale. I asked an assistant why there wasn't the full fat sugar crap because that's what I wanted. She couldn't answer me!
wingwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
noncooperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by motleyhoo View Post
The big fallacy about aspartame is people think drinking 0 calories is going to keep them from gaining weight from sugar. But what happens is actually just the opposite. When you consume something with 0 calories your body is tricked into going into starvation mode, and it will immediately begin converting everything else you eat into fat. The more diet soda these people drink the fatter they get.

Interesting observation, i read also some people go into 'save into fat mode' just when consuming stuff like apples and apple juice, fructose syrup is also very suspect.

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #4
techman

Your maybe right there, interesting notion. Try telling some of the people I know that consuming diet or zero sugar drinks, in this case Coke, has the opposite effect, and as you suggest it makes their bodies want to go crazy. The usual "well if that's true then my doctor would know about this, so it's obviously not true" remark will be made.

I work with a disabled person, as far as I'm aware he has no serious issues with eating or drinking anything in particular, but his parents are obsessed with healthy eating and drinking, so much so that they will not allow him to drink lots of sugary drinks, in particular Coke, and if he wants to then it has to be zero calories, and also low caffeine. I think it maybe because his mum is a diabetic and so just think it runs in the family so they don't want him to be become the same. Energy drinks are strictly forbidden for him, and I believe those drink are certainly not good for you, but I'm only talking about in a "official" capacity that most people seem to get their advice and information from so it could be bollocks for all I know.

My girlfriend's sister has lost 6 stone through being fed up of being overweight, likely imo brought on by lack of exercise (she says she used to be out of breath having only walked a few minutes). Although I'm no skinny rake, because I'm used to walking I never get exhausted or out of breath, unless it was a really scorching day. I just hope she doesn't resort back to the old lifestyle that she wanted to get rid of, but for many people they tend to drift back to eating and drinking unhealthy stuff.

Lack of motivation and money can often be the cause. I'm sure plenty of people would love the time to do things that keep em fit, but of course money and free time often prevents them from doing so.

Last edited by techman; 30-09-2018 at 03:52 PM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #5
dumbcritic

It depends on what data you look at. Some suggest that these (sweeteners) could lead to weight gain https://www.nature.com/articles/ijo2016225 and others don't https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/articl...6/1305/4555169 https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...1002/oby.21327
''Chlorine is a deadly poison gas employed on European battlefields in World War I. Sodium is a corrosive metal which burns upon contact with water. Together they make a placid and unpoisonous material, table salt. Why each of these substances has the properties it does is a subject called chemistry'' - Carl Sagan

Why is it that the loudest critics of ''Big Pharma'' are Big Placebo?

Last edited by dumbcritic; 02-10-2018 at 10:29 PM.
dumbcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 12:11 AM   #6
elshaper

I strive to eat and drink the real stuff. None of diet this, slimming dessert etc.
Just have proper full cream cakes, meat with fat on etc...
No soya milk and lookalikes though oat, coconut and almond milk are nice for a change from time to time.

Coca Cola has been promoting and giving away lots and lots of free zero drinks this summer in London and everytime I passed the stand and looking at everyone drinking it...... *smh*
Exodus 34:19 "All that openeth the matrix is mine;"
Isaiah 45:7 - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create EVIL: I the Lord do all these things. (I'm not a Christian!!)

Mark 11:12-25 - Jesus Curses a Fig Tree because he was hungry.

A Town Cursed by Jesus
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:28 AM   #7
monklink

Thumbs down sweetening palette

Even things that you don't swallow like Mouthwash, Breath Freshener or Chewing Gum are full of these sweeteners. They are often marketed as being good for your teeth (helping reduce acidity, remove plaque or whatever), but what's the point when they give you a sweet tooth?

Ultimately foods that wouldn't have traditionally been sweetened now are because the public's palette has been sweetened. It reminds me of how the oil industry works, suddenly you have all these derivative products, like plastics and petrol leaf blowers, that merely increase demand for the base product.

Last edited by monklink; 03-10-2018 at 12:02 PM. Reason: leaf not leave
monklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #8
bamboozooka

you never see fat people eating fat
bamboozooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #9
donjuan

You never see lions at the dentist getting fitted for false teeth.
donjuan is offline   Reply With Quote