Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media

Old 12-02-2015, 11:06 PM   #1
asteria
Inactive

Default David Icke, how did it start for him?

Hi

Ive been reading a few things and it occurred to me that I dont actually know how he started all this

I mean, does anyone know how this process all began for him? I havent read any of his books, having just come across this site a few weeks ago, but I would be interested to know what happened to him. How does he come across all this information, who are his contacts (if any), who are his allies/enemies. Has he always known, or did things just drop onto him?

What started it all? And also, surely he isnt the first person who started this? Is he? So why is he the most famous?

Thank you for any info offered, I do intend on reading his books at some point but first I would like to hear from those who appreciate him
asteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Have a read of any of his books or his long videos and he goes into details about how it all happened.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:42 PM   #3
i_am

It all started in Peru. It was there that he had his 'awakening'.

Last edited by i_am; 12-02-2015 at 11:46 PM.
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:44 PM   #4
asteria
Inactive

Hi Ozpixie, no I havent read anything by him or his videos. I just happened upon this site a few weeks ago because of something I was searching for. Im still finding my way round though. I know I will buy some of his books at some point. A brief synopsis would be good, humour my lazy curiosity lol
Old 12-02-2015, 11:52 PM   #5
asteria
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
It all started in Peru. It was there that he had his 'awakening'.
Ive just googled it and it showed me a thread from here with a member quoting him and his experience on a mound.

However, this doesnt explain to me. I mean, things before that must have happened to him. I think he was watched, tested and tried upon prior to that incidence?

If i have hit on the wrong thing then let me know
Old 12-02-2015, 11:53 PM   #6
murkyfogsfuturelogs

The rain fell on him, as he was told it would, and afterwards he became a changed man.
murkyfogsfuturelogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 12:00 AM   #7
i_am

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteria View Post
Ive just googled it and it showed me a thread from here with a member quoting him and his experience on a mound.

However, this doesnt explain to me. I mean, things before that must have happened to him. I think he was watched, tested and tried upon prior to that incidence?

If i have hit on the wrong thing then let me know
No, it all started for him there and then, on a mound in Peru.

It was after that he appeared on the infamous Wogan interview and was totally confused from all the information being downloaded. He was made a a laughing stock and that continues to this day with many, over 20 years down the track.
i_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 12:02 AM   #8
asteria
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by murkyfogsfuturelogs View Post
The rain fell on him, as he was told it would, and afterwards he became a changed man.
Well, if this was the case to an awakening all you would need to do is move to scotland....and forget your umbrella

Are you being cruel for the the laughs or just because you cant be bothered helping me understand?
Old 13-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #9
asteria
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am View Post
No, it all started for him there and then, on a mound in Peru.

It was after that he appeared on the infamous Wogan interview and was totally confused from all the information being downloaded. He was made a a laughing stock and that continues to this day with many, over 20 years down the track.
So, he was just a regular joe prior to that? With no otherwordly suggestions growing up or anything?

I will look up this wogan interview, but how did he ever arrive at a wogan interview to start?

I honestly dont mean any disrespect, I just want to understand the path
Old 13-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #10
gremlin

Quote:
You forgot the bit where information poured into him via the top chakra. He was drunk on spirituality, I would love to bottle that and sell it.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #11
murkyfogsfuturelogs

Quote:
Well, if this was the case to an awakening all you would need to do is move to scotland....and forget your umbrella

Are you being cruel for the the laughs or just because you cant be bothered helping me understand?
I am not being cruel, you've misunderstood me.

What happened to David, from what I can vaguely recall from reading through some of "Human Race Get Off Your Knees" and watching his documentaries, it was a coming together of a state of mind, a perception and a physical event which cumulated in his awakening, the physical event being that of the rain in the location in which it occurred, both of which are as relevant to his awakening as other contributory factors.
murkyfogsfuturelogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 12:19 AM   #12
white light

Quote:
So, he was just a regular joe prior to that? With no otherwordly suggestions growing up or anything?

I will look up this wogan interview, but how did he ever arrive at a wogan interview to start?

I honestly dont mean any disrespect, I just want to understand the path
Unless you call being a pro footie goalie and a BBC sports commentator otherworldly.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 12:19 AM   #13
asteria
Inactive

Quote:
I am not being cruel, you've misunderstood me.

What happened to David, from what I can vaguely recall from reading through some of "Human Race Get Off Your Knees" and watching his documentaries, it was a coming together of a state of mind, a perception and a physical event which cumulated in his awakening, the physical event being that of the rain in the location in which it occurred, both of which are as relevant to his awakening as other contributory factors.
Ok well I apologise, so you are saying 3 of these things brought on his awakening. Not just the rain lol

I think I will read up on some of the things but I am curious to find out if he had anything strange happen to him growing up
Old 13-02-2015, 12:20 AM   #14
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpixie View Post
Have a read of any of his books or his long videos and he goes into details about how it all happened.
Still reading 'Perception Deception - Or - It's All Bollocks', love it (would recommend) ,,
They're all really good ,, imo

reading this one too ,,
Old 13-02-2015, 12:22 AM   #15
asteria
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
Unless you call being a pro footie goalie and a BBC sports commentator otherworldly.
Hi Whitelight, was he? lol...def not my cup of tea but then it transpires, it wasnt his either lol

Im really interested in finding out his childhood/young adult. Maybe I just want to compare and contrast, but Im sure awakening just happen its just that in hindsight looking back, it seems to me that there are hints all around
Old 13-02-2015, 12:24 AM   #16
asteria
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter12 View Post
Still reading 'Perception Deception - Or - It's All Bollocks', love it (would recommend) ,,
They're all really good ,, imo

reading this one too ,,

Thank you, Ill see about starting on these. The lion picture is quite meaningful to me for one reason or another, so I will try that first I think.
Old 13-02-2015, 12:25 AM   #17
white light

Quote:
Hi Whitelight, was he? lol...def not my cup of tea but then it transpires, it wasnt his either lol

Im really interested in finding out his childhood/young adult. Maybe I just want to compare and contrast, but Im sure awakening just happen its just that in hindsight looking back, it seems to me that there are hints all around
Yeah, presumably that's how he got the Wogan gig, 'cos he'd already been in the media.

Last edited by white light; 13-02-2015 at 12:26 AM.
white light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 09:13 AM   #18
princessofwands

It didn't start in Peru, it started way back when he was a footballer in his 20s. He got arthritis and so he went to a spiritual healer to try and fix it. She started giving him all kinds of predictions about where he was going in his life and how he would write lots of books. He was gobsmacked. I think that was his initiation into New Age thinking. The arthritis wasn't fixed, so he became a football commentator on the BBC. He was also something (Chairman?) in the Green Party. I guess he was researching into all kinds of New Age things during that time. After that came the turquoise period (wearing turquoise apparently good for you spiritually) and then the Wogan interview came along and he made his beliefs public and started writing his books. Try The Truth Vibrations for one of the earliest books. He was one of the first to say our world would be changing, there would be floods, etc. It all came true.

(that was from memory)

Have a look at his Wiki page, much more there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

I wouldn't start with the Lion book, it's too negative with only a bit of positivity at the end. The latest book Perception Deception starts with the metaphysics and doesn't lower your vibes as much.

Last edited by princessofwands; 13-02-2015 at 09:18 AM.
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #19
decode reality
Inactive

In the 1 hour-long documentary 'David Icke - Was He Right?' (from 2006) he discusses his life.

Last edited by decode reality; 13-02-2015 at 10:09 AM.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2015, 09:56 AM   #20
asteria
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofwands View Post
It didn't start in Peru, it started way back when he was a footballer in his 20s. He got arthritis and so he went to a spiritual healer to try and fix it. She started giving him all kinds of predictions about where he was going in his life and how he would write lots of books. He was gobsmacked. I think that was his initiation into New Age thinking. The arthritis wasn't fixed, so he became a football commentator on the BBC. He was also something (Chairman?) in the Green Party. I guess he was researching into all kinds of New Age things during that time. After that came the turquoise period (wearing turquoise apparently good for you spiritually) and then the Wogan interview came along and he made his beliefs public and started writing his books. Try The Truth Vibrations for one of the earliest books. He was one of the first to say our world would be changing, there would be floods, etc. It all came true.

(that was from memory)

Have a look at his Wiki page, much more there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke

I wouldn't start with the Lion book, it's too negative with only a bit of positivity at the end. The latest book Perception Deception starts with the metaphysics and doesn't lower your vibes as much.

Thanks princessofwands, that was interesting. I will take your recommendation re: book, I will start with that one when I feel ready. Yeh, maybe best to not start with a negative, dont want to bog myself down on the first hurdle lol