Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 08-09-2016, 01:06 AM   #1
huddy

Red face "Grasping at Gurus and Other New Age Bullshit

Usually I do not do these kind of topics..

because, I know.. there is a serious awakening of who we really are happening right now ..
but I see people take off to different countries, to eastern or other religions, to the new age movement,
to fully conspiracy nutter or what ever ( no offense ).

For a start here is one simple article about this, called "Grasping at Gurus
and Other New Age Bullshit: How to Avoid Empty Spiritualism."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=002DGxQuuN4

It's kind of catchey!

Well, everybody should do what everybody wants to do - as long as they don't impose it on others. Simple!

So many people still willing to follow gurus, teachers, others, laws, religions, aliens,
their fucked up mind. It is a spiritual cluster fuck, sometimes, isn't it?

I'm a little upset right now.
Need to restore my faith in humanity &
I will, ..I have the experience.. and I read Icke

If something about that enters your mind or comes from your heart to uplift, let me know.

PS: Knowledge (Information) is NEVER NEGATIVE - it gives you the power
to see what is right in front of you. You know what is negative? Ignorance (looking the other way)
because this is what got us into this mess...

Wish I had the energy now to report my personal observings of this "follower" program. Please, we all ARE the power. Remember..

There are "spiritual" people, telling us to stop talking about this "negative" stuff.
These people claim to be in touch with their "higher self" - right & tell us to let go of fear?
Well, I thought they "let go of fear" so how can looking at information be frightening then?! Heh?

So many of them wanna sit on a cloud, circling the airport, refusing to land... all while we need
"streetwise" (practical) spirituality more than ever now. Not running away to retreat or sitting cross legged on a mountain.

Ahh.. cheers
See what we call "God & Infinity" as the Ocean. What we call us or them or everything as a Drop of Water. And what we see when we observe a wave reaching the beach and flowing back as the same as "Life & Death", current & past life - it´s an Illusion!

We are ALL One ~ for Eternity.
Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love.

Last edited by huddy; 08-09-2016 at 01:29 AM.
huddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:12 AM   #2
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Much love to you huddy. Things keep changing because we all keep changing, our level of understanding changes, our perception changes, we keep meeting new people and come across new ideas. Some of them appear to be not so good but in the end we grow from it all.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:26 AM   #3
huddy

Thank You, Tealady. I guess (know) you are right. Everyone is living through their own "stage" of the awakening. It's not up to me to judge it. I've been there before too... :-)

And a personal experience triggered me to create this topic here. Like a close person going to retreat to talk to a teacher (yes, it's expensive too).. and it has religion in it too ( I don't say it is bad...) .. wish we would go the straight way, our own, straight way "home". Without a middleman (between 'us & god') who needs to tell us everywthing about US that we really already know deep inside anyways.

Crikey!

Well, .... it is our perception... if we change that - everything changes!

All part of the experience of one, I guess!
I love that these forums right here have so many sane people, thank you & much love to you too..
See what we call "God & Infinity" as the Ocean. What we call us or them or everything as a Drop of Water. And what we see when we observe a wave reaching the beach and flowing back as the same as "Life & Death", current & past life - it´s an Illusion!

Old 08-09-2016, 01:35 AM   #4
the tealady
Forum Advisor

And I didn't think you were being judgemental at all

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:43 AM   #5
cosmicpurpose1.618

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddy View Post
Usually I do not do these kind of topics..

because, I know.. there is a serious awakening of who we really are happening right now ..
but I see people take off to different countries, to eastern or other religions, to the new age movement,
to fully conspiracy nutter or what ever ( no offense ).

For a start here is one simple article about this, called "Grasping at Gurus
and Other New Age Bullshit: How to Avoid Empty Spiritualism."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=002DGxQuuN4

It's kind of catchey!

Well, everybody should do what everybody wants to do - as long as they don't impose it on others. Simple!

So many people still willing to follow gurus, teachers, others, laws, religions, aliens,
their fucked up mind. It is a spiritual cluster fuck, sometimes, isn't it?

I'm a little upset right now.
Need to restore my faith in humanity &
I will, ..I have the experience.. and I read Icke

If something about that enters your mind or comes from your heart to uplift, let me know.

PS: Knowledge (Information) is NEVER NEGATIVE - it gives you the power
to see what is right in front of you. You know what is negative? Ignorance (looking the other way)
because this is what got us into this mess...

Wish I had the energy now to report my personal observings of this "follower" program. Please, we all ARE the power. Remember..

There are "spiritual" people, telling us to stop talking about this "negative" stuff.
These people claim to be in touch with their "higher self" - right & tell us to let go of fear?
Well, I thought they "let go of fear" so how can looking at information be frightening then?! Heh?

So many of them wanna sit on a cloud, circling the airport, refusing to land... all while we need
"streetwise" (practical) spirituality more than ever now. Not running away to retreat or sitting cross legged on a mountain.

Ahh.. cheers
So good so true

We need more like you!

Anything that lulls us into sleep, non-action, lethargy, voidism, and waiting for something to happen, will never help.

Like you say WE ARE THE POWER!

We are the base of the frikkin pyramid, we can pull out anytime we want and leave the system, but "what will people think if I just quit my job and do what actually makes me happy?"

Fear is mind control...

Well I say FUCK THEM I won't DO what the TELL ME

Be Maverick shaka zulu bobo shanti Mau-mau spirit warrior and follow your own path
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:34 AM   #6
decode reality
Inactive

I completely agree - the new age is nothing more than a recycling of institutionalised religion, and while there's some good info in there, there are plenty of charlatan 'gurus'. (Mind you, they aren't exclusive to the new age world.) And it costs a bomb to attend seminars.

Then again, it would be good if truthers could keep in mind that anything "spiritual" isn't automatically "new age", and all the stigma that goes with it, which makes them throw the baby out with the bathwater. It has some people practically believing that the kabbalah was invented in Hollywood. All this stuff goes back thousands of years, the new age movement is a little over 50 years old.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #7
hackenbush

You know, sometimes worshiping at the feet of a guru who turns out to be a nasty scammer is just the kick in the butt the person in question needs to take that next step. And some are karmically fortunate enough to find a real guru to guide them.

In the end it's always about realizing our own personal connection to the universe and cosmic energy, though. Without middlemen and without paying any money.
hackenbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #8
paddy_blake

Too much hero worship going on for sure. When one hero falls, then it's onto the next new hero. Sickening.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:47 AM   #9
tnt1

Nothing new under the sun. The entire reason the Catholic church loves the confessional is for the reasons to better exploit the congregation members. What better way than to learn what it is that makes you knee jerk into the most guilt! What is it that makes you angry? What makes you sad? What makes you want to protest and so on and once these things are noted the church or the pastor or whoever runs the show at the local guilt trip center we call church can better gear his speeches to better knee jerk $ from his members.

Scientology loves the e-meter for the same reason. What better way to know a persons personal ticks than to test them and then once they know what makes you tick, what makes you feel the most intensely they exploit the hell out of it for your life! Psychics do the same thing! The more they can learn about you with the right questions it becomes a sort of confessional and all the better to exploit you by getting inside your head!

Last edited by tnt1; 08-09-2016 at 11:48 AM.
tnt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #10
decode reality
Inactive

Default "Negative Thinking" v "Positive"

It's basic common sense that what you think about, you become. View things negatively most of the time, and guess what? That's how your life pans out. How did that come to be some kind of badge of honour? It doesn't even alleviate any problems, and sometimes creates them.

There's actually nothing "bad" about viewing things in a positive light, having optimism and confidence. If you're aware of what's going on and can find a bit of happiness and inner peace in spite of it, you're in a much better frame of mind to deal with what life throws at you.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:48 PM   #11
baboshka1
Inactive

good post huddy
baboshka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:36 PM   #12
hister67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir6 View Post
moving on myself, don't be a sheep following a wolf in a holographic universe, waiting for something to happen that seems to never happen.
Shows us eejits the way then....the floors yours

1. Those who make things happen. 2. Those who watch things happen, and 3. Those who wonder what happened.
hister67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:56 PM   #13
huddy

Yes, most of what I read here now makes sense - and good points. Tnank You

Sometimes you hear the phrase "LOVE & LIGHT" - which I began to reject
using after another level of my spirituality began and with experience my awakening sent me to my path.

Then I thought, you can see what we call love as the creative imagination
and knowing.. and the light as the information that we can implement into our creations and inspirations.

Well, spirituality is where we come from, where we are essentially - having our experience here now.

In my initial post I was having a rant. Did you notice?

Spirituality though is not just a concept -
if you see a child falling into the river.. what do you do?
You can sit on the bench, pray, watch and sing Kumbaya -
but I say you jump in!

Anyways.. may everyone be happy in the end of the day!
Do what you like, as long as you don't impose it on others.

If you know your money/energy is well spent for a genuine healing
then do it. Not everybody who tells you that there needs to be done something
and gets some energy exchange for it is an evil nazi guru.

And I knew people who told me to wait for aliens to bring us into another dimension!
And I know people still wait for their messiah. And I know some think they are the messiah

Last edited by huddy; 09-09-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #14
Cryptoverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddy View Post
And I know some think they are the messiah
The several forum messiah's are actually kind of entertaining. I'm waiting for another....
Omnisense Electronic Press Kit

Last edited by Cryptoverse; 09-09-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Cryptoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #15
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnisense View Post
The several forum messiah's are actually kind of entertaining. I'm waiting for another....
No wonder huddy had a rant!

All this religious stuff, gurus, gods, vicars & priests ,, etc,,

I watched 'Angels & Demons' (by Dan Brown) recently.

It's all about the Catholic church, priests in red, and the Illuminati! as if nothing else exists! Oh ,, then there's the God particle!

Last edited by jupiter12; 09-09-2016 at 11:15 PM.
jupiter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:28 PM   #16
baboshka1
Inactive

why do people need guru's
baboshka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:39 AM   #17
sevenhills

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboshka1 View Post
Cos it backs up their needyness with "troof" from someone else... In other words they are weak willed.
sevenhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:42 AM   #18
the tealady
Forum Advisor

I think we recognise deep down there is knowledge to be had and when someone comes along with ideas and possible answers to the puzzles of life we are drawn to them. Its important to have respect for such individuals but not to put them on a pedestal. Nobody has a monopoly on the truth and even the people we most respect don't get it right all the time. Even they can readily admit that and its one way to sort the sheep from the goats.

Old 10-09-2016, 05:53 AM   #19
serpentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboshka1 View Post

Whilst the West might have it's own modernist take on it the term goes back millenia in Eastern tradition.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:54 PM   #20
ramirez

Guru's or leaders or new ago Atlantis types, all fine.

Only a problem if people get too attached, so making it a cult or are led away from what really can be proven and acted upon by too much speculative talk. It also discredits them somewhat.

Remember, the Rothchilds started Sci Fi and ET over a hundred years ago, even funding authors, so beware the fake ET talk, the real stuff is ok though

Last edited by ramirez; 11-09-2016 at 01:55 PM.
ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote