Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 05-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
silent revolution

Location: The vale of Tamesis. Love is life and life is love.
Smile Deer and spirituality

How many have been walking through the woods to suddenly see a magnificent beast such as this only a few meters away looking directly at you? It has happened to me on various occasions and every time it has felt like a deep spiritual experience that words can't really describe. Your looking into his eye's and he is looking into your's, and for a moment time seems to stand still. I find it an experience that is deeply primal, both meeting on equal terms in a woodland clearing. Something man (and woman) has experienced throughout time, one conciousness viewing itself through two sets of eye's.

I often go to the park and without fail see the deer in the fields or the woods grazing, with two or three always keeping watch for danger. Recently I made a fire in the woods and was sitting there in quiet contemplation enjoying the peace and healing the woods give me. I heard a sound that sounded like birds of some kind calling. A few minutes later many deer and their young came into view with their young calling out (it was the young deer and not birds after all), and I sat there still just watching these wonderful creatures all around me. Makes me wonder how the world can be in such a mess with this amazing beauty of nature happening all over the world.

Here's an extract from a webpage that I would like to thank getagrip for finding (thankyou friend).

(Hind is said like grind or rind (citrus fruit skin))

Quote:
Deer, Power Animal, Symbol of Gentleness, Unconditional Love and Kindness

By Ina Woolcott

Deer's medicine includes gentleness in word, thought and touch. The ability to listen, grace and appreciation for the beauty of balance. Understanding of what's necessary for survival, power of gratitude and giving, ability to sacrifice for the higher good, connection to the woodland goddess, alternative paths to a goal

In the Celtic tradition, there are two aspects of deer - female and male. The Hind (the red female deer), called Eilid in the Gaelic language, symbolises femininity, subtlety and gracefulness. The Hind is believed to call to us from the Faery realm, tempting us to release the material trappings of so-called 'civilization', to go deep into the forest of magic, to explore our own magical and spiritual nature. The topic gentleness is part of this tradition. Many stories tell of Hinds changing into women, often goddesses, to protect does from being hunted. The lesson to be gleaned here is that when we explore magic and spirituality, it must be with good intention, to harm no living being, but to enter the realm of the wild things in the spirit of love and communion. The Stag, Damh in the Gaelic tongue, is also linked to the sacredness of the magical forest. The Damh represents independence, purification, and pride. It is known as the King of the Forest, the protector of its creatures. For time immemorial people have sought to identify with the stag by ceremonially wearing antlered headdresses and imitating the deer's leaping grace.
This is from :

http://www.shamanicjourney.com/artic...e-and-kindness

I would like to add some photo's of deer I have taken in the past, and some pictures of deer antlers and prickers I have gathered in the past few years (just need to find my bloody camera charger, and rig my old hard drive up).

Please feel free to add your own experiences with Deer and indeed stags. I know some will know of the spiritual thing I talk of when meeting a stag in the forest.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom brothers and sisters
silent revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
silent revolution

Here's a rather poor quality photo I just took on my phone camera of the deer prickers Iv'e gathered over the last 3 or so years.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom
Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
hobo

http://imgur.com/K84kO

"The one who dies before he dies, doesn´t die when he dies."
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
silent revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
That's amazing hobo. I can't see why a deer would do that. Seems like something spiritual going on with the deer going right up to the girls memorial like that in the middle of the 5 years memorial service.

Peace, love, harmony and wisdom
Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
getagrip
Inactive

Loving this already
Stunning photos, really looking forward to seeing how this thread progresses.

Thanks, Silent revolution x
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
multiversal_quiver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khKrd1RNy2U
Old 05-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
dazman

Hi there always go walking around my local area after nightshift ,always see the roe deer kicking about .When you actually get to know how they live they are really deep soulfull animmals,i often stand and try to watch them sitting down,[;they see you against the skyand they smell you from a mile away] without sounding like elmer fudd if you go in to where they wander about they actually make you go really quiet.Another place where i go to is the Scottish Highlands, on the Munros [mountains over 3000ft] there you get the red deer stags .To actually see these monarch of the Glens roaming about is mind blowing ,Honestly ive walked all over Scotlands hills in all weathers and to see these red deer stags running as one is like a spirtual experiance like never before.I do agree that Deer can sense more than we can possibly imagine whilst out in the hills .Just one bit of advice to everyone its allright being all misty eyed about them ,but durinf rutting season do not get caught out in between the stag and his hareem he will charge at you .Many hillwakers in Scotland are injured everyyear by a sexed up stag who think you are a rival and want to take you out or kill you,always phone the shooting estates for advice before going on the hills please for your own saftey.
dazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
hobo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaVMb9vQJlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLEt4IBLIYY

Last edited by hobo; 06-10-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
boots
Banned

I've had a few experiences with deer and there are a lot of animals, Kangaroo's, wombats, ecidnia's and deer that come around the house. They must feel safe and know I'm not out to hurt them.

I was PMing a friend on here and at that same time 4 deer were right out side my window, 3 big jumps and I could have been right in their face. I love it

Deer give this quality of peacefulness, a sense of knowing.

Just found this.

Quote:
What is the meaning of the deer totem?

The meanings associated with the deer combine both soft, gentle qualities with strength and determination:
  • Gentleness
  • Ability to move through life and obstacles with grace
  • Being in touch with inner child, innocence
  • Being sensitive and intuitive
  • Vigilance, ability to change directions quickly
  • Magical ability to regenerate, being in touch with life’s mysteries

Dear spirit animal, symbol of gentleness and heart energy

When you have the deer as spirit animal, you are able to bring gentleness and grace in every aspects of your life, even in the most challenging moments. By inspiration from the deer’s qualities, you can achieve ambitious goals and tackle difficult situation smoothly with a touch of gentleness and grace.
The deer spirit animal will remind you to be gentle with yourself and others. The grace and gentleness characteristic of this spirit animal echo the qualities brought forth when living from the heart. For example, the traditional symbol used for the heart chakra has the deer (sometimes also represented as an antelope) as emblematic animal of the energy of love and harmony with oneself and others (Read more about the heart chakra and its symbols).
The power of the deer: Grace & determination

The deer horns are great means of defending and asserting yourself. Being gentle does not being being defenseless. With the deer as a power animal on your side, you can be strongly determined and gentle at the same time.
Deer totem wisdom and innocence

Another quality that the deer spirit animal brings to those who have a connection with it is a felt sense of their own inner gentleness, a clear connection with the innocence of their inner child. The spirit of the deer reveals to you a fresh perspective on old issues. Takes advantage of this opportunity to revise and reverse patterns of thought or behavior that no longer serve you.
A mystical totem animal, symbol of regeneration of life and heart energy

The deer’s antlers can grow back once they fall. Because of this characteristic, this animal has been revered in many traditions as a symbol of life regeneration. There’s a cloud of mystery around this ability that gives the deer a magical and mystical quality. If you have the deer as power animal, you could tap into life’s magical ability to renew itself.
A spirit guide to develop sensitivity and intuitive powers

If the deer has chosen you as your spirit or totem animal, you may be called to use or develop your sensitivity at various levels in your life. This animal powers guide you to refine your intuition and psychic abilities. You can refine your receptivity and use your senses and intuition to reach farther out.
The deer spirit and vigilance

Those with the deer as animal totem may be inclined to be constantly on the move, being on the look out for the next opportunity. By affinity with this spirit animal, you may also be watchful of your “predators”, which translate into a tendency to be sometimes overly cautious. It takes time for you to trust someone or feel safe in your environment.
You can invoke the power of the deer to guide you in getting accustomed to new surroundings and people. This spirit guide might show up in your life to warn you encourage you to trust your instinct. The deer spirit animal will also show up in your life to encourage you to take some time by yourself in a quiet environment to rest or in nature. It invites you to find rest and peace in silence.
http://www.spiritanimal.info/deer-spirit-animal/
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
hobo

Cute video about a new born baby deer rescue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QO0IiU48c-Q