Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 06:57 AM   #41
the mighty zhiba
Forum Advisor
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,323
Likes: 5,333 (2,681 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw View Post
Mathematics is used to prove facts. The best way to prove by the use of mathematics the world is not flat is to prove its a sphere.
Your only showing one side, mathematics is about equations is it not?
Is trigonometry capable of this? If so why the reluctance to use it?
You don't need anything more than logic to know that when you are standing on the beach in st Ives in Cornwall you can not see Ireland and you can not see America.

You can't even see Wales, and Wales is way closer

And the reason that you can not see them is because there is this thing called the horizon that gets in the way.

And, if you look really really carefully, you will be able to detect that there is a curvature to the horizon - though it is only very slight - given that the horizon at sea level is just over three miles away, and a 6 mile wide vista presents an arc of less than one degree (360 degrees /25,000 circumference = 0.0144) 0.0144 x 6 [max viewable distance from left to right] = 0.0864 = less than 1 degree from any given point over the entire horizon

There's the math for you x

And if you work with those figures (0.0144 degree's per mile) - at sea level and looking at the horizon puts you slightly higher than the horizon as you are observing a gradual drop to (@ 0.0144 x 3.1 miles) 0.045 degrees from a flat plane...... This is how a globe earth looks.

On a flat plane earth, the horizon is not at 3.1 miles distant - viability would only be obscured by atmospherics given that a flat plane doesn't present any horizon..... And yet (quell surprise) you can clearly see the horizon. On a flat plane earth, while standing on that same beach in st Ives, Cornwall: Ireland, Wales and America would be visible....
__________________
Father Dougal (on the Magic Road):
That's nearly as mad as that thing you told me about the loaves and fishes!

Father Ted:
No Dougal, that wasn't mad. That's when our Lord got a few bits of food together and made lots of food, and everyone had dinner.

Last edited by the mighty zhiba; 13-02-2018 at 10:43 AM.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #42
thermion
Senior Member
 
thermion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,912
Likes: 699 (457 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post

That is, of course, if ship B isn't detained by the ice wall police
Ah yes, The Ice Wall Police. Posted every few miles all around the circumference to make sure no one gets near!

Which brings up the circumference of this ice wall. Any ideas? 24,000 miles? Surely much more than that - it could be calculated by simple maths...

Anyway, so how many Ice Wall Police will be needed? A few thousand at least. Anyone know any? Maybe they're genetically engineered so don't come from ordinary society, neatly side-stepping the problem. (But using the old trick of inventing one conspiracy to support another.)

So come on Flatards, please don't be shy, answer the questions!
Likes: (1)
thermion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 11:22 AM   #43
the mighty zhiba
Forum Advisor
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,323
Likes: 5,333 (2,681 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermion View Post
Ah yes, The Ice Wall Police. Posted every few miles all around the circumference to make sure no one gets near!

Which brings up the circumference of this ice wall. Any ideas? 24,000 miles? Surely much more than that - it could be calculated by simple maths...

Anyway, so how many Ice Wall Police will be needed? A few thousand at least. Anyone know any? Maybe they're genetically engineered so don't come from ordinary society, neatly side-stepping the problem. (But using the old trick of inventing one conspiracy to support another.)

So come on Flatards, please don't be shy, answer the questions!
Well until flat tards can supply us with an accurate size of the flat earth, we can guestimate the diameter of the flat disc using the flat tard map, as 'generally accepted by flat tards' (according to flat tard society)



South America:
Vertical Length: From Cartagena, Colombia, south to Ushuaia, Argentina: 4,443 miles (7,149 km) (see map)

North America:
Vertical Length: From Barrow, Alaska, directly southeast to Panama City, Panama: 5,347 miles (8,605 km) (see map)

These measurements: 5,347 + 4,443 = 9790 miles represent a rough measurement from the Northern or Central most point of FE to the furthest south point in land mass of American continent. Which represent the most reliable or in this case usable measurements to be starting with.

Flat tard map (above) shows the central hub of the North pole (roughly) the same distance from Ushuaia (Argentina) as Alaska is from Ushuaia - and gives us a usable figure to start with.

With an approx minimum radius of 9790 miles - that can be rounded up to 10,000 miles, the Flat Earth has a minimum diameter of 20,000 miles.

Again, using flat tards map, we can see that the Antarctic wall is approx 1 x latitude line further South from Argentina. South America itself is almost 5 latitude lines long.... From that we can guestimate that the Antarctic wall is approx 1/5 4,443 miles = 886 miles away from the southern most point of South America.

So we can add 1700 miles to the diameter of 20,000.

21,700 miles diameter.

Circumference = C = pi D

= 3.141 x 21,700 = 68,159 miles

For people who can't do maths (including me lol)

https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/circumference



Approx length of Antarctica's coastline on a flat tard model is 68,000 miles long

Which is 7.5 (ish) x the length of North and South America.

World by map has Antarctica's coastline @ 17,968 km or 11,165 miles.

^ wow

i revise my estimate of how long it might take to sail round

Flat tard Antarctica has a coastline 6x as long as the tracked and reported globe earth model

And, interestingly, flat tard earth diameter is roughly 1/5 less than the globe earth circumference 21,000 miles as opposed to 25,000 miles - if we include the ice mass size of Antarctica, FE diameter and globe earth circumference would be about the same

There must be some better minds than mine who can rip the maths of that apart lol
__________________
Father Dougal (on the Magic Road):
That's nearly as mad as that thing you told me about the loaves and fishes!

Father Ted:
No Dougal, that wasn't mad. That's when our Lord got a few bits of food together and made lots of food, and everyone had dinner.

Last edited by the mighty zhiba; 14-02-2018 at 06:42 AM.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #44
ianw
Senior Member
 
ianw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,725
Likes: 67 (46 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post
You don't need anything more than logic to know that when you are standing on the beach in st Ives in Cornwall you can not see Ireland and you can not see America.

You can't even see Wales, and Wales is way closer

And the reason that you can not see them is because there is this thing called the horizon that gets in the way.

And, if you look really really carefully, you will be able to detect that there is a curvature to the horizon - though it is only very slight - given that the horizon at sea level is just over three miles away, and a 6 mile wide vista presents an arc of less than one degree (360 degrees /25,000 circumference = 0.0144) 0.0144 x 6 [max viewable distance from left to right] = 0.0864 = less than 1 degree from any given point over the entire horizon

There's the math for you x

And if you work with those figures (0.0144 degree's per mile) - at sea level and looking at the horizon puts you slightly higher than the horizon as you are observing a gradual drop to (@ 0.0144 x 3.1 miles) 0.045 degrees from a flat plane...... This is how a globe earth looks.

On a flat plane earth, the horizon is not at 3.1 miles distant - viability would only be obscured by atmospherics given that a flat plane doesn't present any horizon..... And yet (quell surprise) you can clearly see the horizon. On a flat plane earth, while standing on that same beach in st Ives, Cornwall: Ireland, Wales and America would be visible....
All very well to describe the math of the globe. That was not the question.
The question was how do we use trigonometry to get the distance to the sun?
Ive already suggested in an earlier post that the flateathers should contemplate why we have an horizon.
But seens trigonometry can be used to dispel the flatearthers 3000 miles to the sun. The same method diagrams and all should be used to show the correct distance on the spherical earth we are living on.
ianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 04:17 PM   #45
truegroup
Senior Member
 
truegroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Apollo Happened. Snap out of your dreamworld.
Posts: 15,341
Likes: 948 (740 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw View Post
All very well to describe the math of the globe. That was not the question.
The question was how do we use trigonometry to get the distance to the sun?
Ive already suggested in an earlier post that the flateathers should contemplate why we have an horizon.
But seens trigonometry can be used to dispel the flatearthers 3000 miles to the sun. The same method diagrams and all should be used to show the correct distance on the spherical earth we are living on.
Does a search engine baffle you? This shit was done millennia ago!


http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/abo...n-intermediate
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Windley
Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sts60
The funny thing is that such credophiles see themselves as sharp-eyed piercers of the veil, too sophisticated to be taken in by fakery. But they fall for almost anything that feeds into their convictions.
An analysis of Apollo Landing Sites. Debunk: To expose the falseness or hollowness of an idea or belief.
truegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 05:53 PM   #46
the mighty zhiba
Forum Advisor
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,323
Likes: 5,333 (2,681 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw View Post
All very well to describe the math of the globe. That was not the question.
The question was how do we use trigonometry to get the distance to the sun?
.
and the reason i didn't discuss it is because someone..... (ieTG) has already gone into it - as he keeps pointing out
__________________
Father Dougal (on the Magic Road):
That's nearly as mad as that thing you told me about the loaves and fishes!

Father Ted:
No Dougal, that wasn't mad. That's when our Lord got a few bits of food together and made lots of food, and everyone had dinner.
Likes: (1)
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 06:16 AM   #47
cosmicpurpose1.618
Senior Member
 
cosmicpurpose1.618's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Everywhere/nowhere
Posts: 2,284
Likes: 1,927 (983 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw View Post
The best way to prove by the use of mathematics the world is not flat is to prove its a sphere.
If stupidity was a bannable offence on this forum...
Likes: (1)
cosmicpurpose1.618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 06:51 AM   #48
the mighty zhiba
Forum Advisor
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,323
Likes: 5,333 (2,681 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post

Approx length of Antarctica's coastline on a flat tard model is 68,000 miles long

Which is 7.5 (ish) x the length of North and South America.

World by map has Antarctica's coastline @ 17,968 km or 11,165 miles.

Flat tard Antarctica has a coastline 6x as long as the tracked and reported globe earth model
Bear in mind that researchers and sea faring folks have sailed ships around Antarctica, and it's coastline has been tracked and no-doubt peer reviewed and recorded, no doubt meticulously, to be 11,000 miles long....

And yet flat tards insist that the Antarctic wall rings the flat earth - which can be shown to be 68,000 miles.

So, why have the explorers who sail the southern ocean never realised that the Antarctic region has a 6x longer coastline than it actually does?

Must be some secret tech that the Nazi wall police who live in the Antarctic use
__________________
Father Dougal (on the Magic Road):
That's nearly as mad as that thing you told me about the loaves and fishes!

Father Ted:
No Dougal, that wasn't mad. That's when our Lord got a few bits of food together and made lots of food, and everyone had dinner.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 06:53 AM   #49
the mighty zhiba
Forum Advisor
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,323
Likes: 5,333 (2,681 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermion View Post
Ah yes, The Ice Wall Police. Posted every few miles all around the circumference to make sure no one gets near!

Which brings up the circumference of this ice wall. Any ideas? 24,000 miles? Surely much more than that - it could be calculated by simple maths...

Anyway, so how many Ice Wall Police will be needed? A few thousand at least. Anyone know any? Maybe they're genetically engineered so don't come from ordinary society, neatly side-stepping the problem. (But using the old trick of inventing one conspiracy to support another.)

So come on Flatards, please don't be shy, answer the questions!
The ice wall police are the Nazi's who have alien tech and live in alien bases on the Antarctic, silly
__________________
Father Dougal (on the Magic Road):
That's nearly as mad as that thing you told me about the loaves and fishes!

Father Ted:
No Dougal, that wasn't mad. That's when our Lord got a few bits of food together and made lots of food, and everyone had dinner.
Likes: (1)
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #50
thermion
Senior Member
 
thermion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,912
Likes: 699 (457 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post
The ice wall police are the Nazi's who have alien tech and live in alien bases on the Antarctic, silly
Ah yeah, I forgot about the alien Antarctic Nazi tech...

Anyway, where have all the Forum Flatties gone in this thread? There's only one as far as I can see and that's DebonAir who went all cross in post #25, once confronted with some evidence. Why haven't they regrouped to see us 'Globalists' off?

Maybe they've all seen sense and gone away - although that's vanishingly unlikely as 'sense' and 'flat earth' don't really go together do they?
thermion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #51
the mighty zhiba
Forum Advisor
 
the mighty zhiba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,323
Likes: 5,333 (2,681 Posts)
Default

The Antarctic is like a conspiracy theorists wet dream....
  1. It surrounds the flat earth and stops the sea falling off.
  2. It is where the Nazi's went - and where they are waiting in their alien bases.
  3. It is the only place on Earth where you can see Nibiru.
  4. There is a secret base there (a different one to the alien ones) that observes deep space.
  5. It keeps going on holiday to the North Pole.
  6. No one can go there - except the Nazi's.
  7. Prince Harry went there to talk to the Lizardians.
  8. But Prince Harry is a Nazi, so he is allowed in any case....

And that isn't even going to the Antarctic pyramids, the liquid lake and the huge meteorite
__________________
Father Dougal (on the Magic Road):
That's nearly as mad as that thing you told me about the loaves and fishes!

Father Ted:
No Dougal, that wasn't mad. That's when our Lord got a few bits of food together and made lots of food, and everyone had dinner.

Last edited by the mighty zhiba; 14-02-2018 at 10:45 AM.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 10:54 AM   #52
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ
 
eurosianguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,497
Likes: 750 (423 Posts)
Default

I honestly think it's time for the believers in flat earth to show some proof. They claim any photos that disprove flat earth are CGI or faked in other ways, but they are in a unique position because they themselves can travel to Antarctica, and that way provide proof of the claims they make.
It's not often we have opportunities like that when it comes to conspiracy theories. The fact that they don't do it I assume is because there is a little tiny voice of reason even in the head's of flattards. Don't spoil the fun it says.
__________________
The 5 laws of creation:
1. You exist
2. Every thing is Here & Now
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws
eurosianguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #53
serpentine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,530
Likes: 863 (532 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post
The Antarctic is like a conspiracy theorists wet dream....



.....And that isn't even going to the Antarctic pyramids, the liquid lake and the huge meteorite

Some great ideas there for the next Dismaland theme park.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dismaland

Last edited by serpentine; 14-02-2018 at 12:00 PM.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #54
ianw
Senior Member
 
ianw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,725
Likes: 67 (46 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post
and the reason i didn't discuss it is because someone..... (ieTG) has already gone into it - as he keeps pointing out
Has there been any posts from flatearthers stating the distance of Venus?
ianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 11:19 AM   #55
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ
 
eurosianguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,497
Likes: 750 (423 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw View Post
Has there been any posts from flatearthers stating the distance of Venus?
According to flattards all the stars and planets are just dot's of light on a dome. So the distance to Venus is irrelevant no?
__________________
The 5 laws of creation:
1. You exist
2. Every thing is Here & Now
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws
eurosianguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #56
thermion
Senior Member
 
thermion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 1,912
Likes: 699 (457 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosianguy View Post
According to flattards all the stars and planets are just dot's of light on a dome. So the distance to Venus is irrelevant no?
Have the Flattards ever bounced anything of this dome? You know, to prove that it's real...? I'm sure I can come up with some engineering suggestions, but I'm kind of surprised none on them have come up with their own experimental proof...
thermion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #57
eurosianguy
Quiz Champ
 
eurosianguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,497
Likes: 750 (423 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermion View Post
Have the Flattards ever bounced anything of this dome? You know, to prove that it's real...? I'm sure I can come up with some engineering suggestions, but I'm kind of surprised none on them have come up with their own experimental proof...
To make experiments require a level of IQ that these people do not have so I am not really surprised.

Also I honestly don't think they are really interested in getting evidence. Like I wrote before it's fairly simple to test this theory. It's sort of like that guy who said it was impossible to run a marathon ( in a thread here on dif) but he had no interest in actually finding out even though it would have been super easy.
__________________
The 5 laws of creation:
1. You exist
2. Every thing is Here & Now
3. The One is All and the All are One
4. What you put out is what you get back
5. Everything changes, except the first 4 Laws
eurosianguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 02:51 PM   #58
truegroup
Senior Member
 
truegroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Apollo Happened. Snap out of your dreamworld.
Posts: 15,341
Likes: 948 (740 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurosianguy View Post
According to flattards all the stars and planets are just dot's of light on a dome. So the distance to Venus is irrelevant no?
Major problem with the magic dome.....telescopes enlarge objects. If they are very far away like Venus, the actual enlargement is very small. If Venus is close and on the magic dome, the enlargement, as with all the stars, would be massive. That is really a completely unavoidable show stopper for flatnuttery. There is also ZERO enlargement on any of the stars.

But all academic, Venus can't be on the magic dome.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Windley
Never underestimate the power of the Internet to lend unwarranted credibility to the colossally misinformed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sts60
The funny thing is that such credophiles see themselves as sharp-eyed piercers of the veil, too sophisticated to be taken in by fakery. But they fall for almost anything that feeds into their convictions.
An analysis of Apollo Landing Sites. Debunk: To expose the falseness or hollowness of an idea or belief.
truegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 06:23 AM   #59
ianw
Senior Member
 
ianw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,725
Likes: 67 (46 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegroup View Post
Major problem with the magic dome.....telescopes enlarge objects. If they are very far away like Venus, the actual enlargement is very small. If Venus is close and on the magic dome, the enlargement, as with all the stars, would be massive. That is really a completely unavoidable show stopper for flatnuttery. There is also ZERO enlargement on any of the stars.

But all academic, Venus can't be on the magic dome.....
So lets get this right.
If I was to go out and buy a telescope expecting to see the stars at least magnified by a factor of two rather than viewed with the naked eye. I would be wasting my time as telescopes dont work on stars?
ianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 08:30 AM   #60
noncooperation
Senior Member
 
noncooperation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Europe GMT+1
Posts: 4,168
Likes: 567 (365 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermion View Post
Have the Flattards ever bounced anything of this dome? You know, to prove that it's real...? I'm sure I can come up with some engineering suggestions, but I'm kind of surprised none on them have come up with their own experimental proof...
There are some amateur rocket videos where the rockets suddenly stops, have you not seen it?
__________________
I will ignore and not reply to irrelevant, antagonistic or off topic posts.
Some of my replies will be brief and contain errors as my online time is insufficient these days.

video series - Ancient Knowledge - expand your understanding of History!
noncooperation is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.