Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 11-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #41
spongencustard
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
What to do to get a job.
My day job revolves around using ICT.
Far as not having it at home goes I'd really miss you guys.
Would just have to read more books.
That's what we did before the electricity came in.
Read or play games such as Ludo etc.
Awww, that's nice.

I do think that forums like this allow us to 'breach' the MSM organized world view. And connecting people through media has brought the world closer.

But doesn't it also make us more inert and unlikely to do or think anything that might upset the status quo? Going to battle on a keyboard is not quite the same.
spongencustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #42
grandmasterp
Banned

Absolutely.
I am a deeply lazy man hence so many posts on here.
Years ago we had a craze for CB radios.
This is better.
On CB radios most people only talked about what sort of CB radio they were using.
Same idea though.
Passes time pleasantly , little effort involved and the people 'at the other end' have similar interests.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #43
spongencustard
Inactive

Quote:
Absolutely.
I am a deeply lazy man hence so many posts on here.
Years ago we had a craze for CB radios.
This is better.
On CB radios most people only talked about what sort of CB radio they were using.
Same idea though.
Passes time pleasantly , little effort involved and the people 'at the other end' have similar interests.
But shouldn't we being doing something else instead of passing time pleasantly?

BTW I just got back from vacation so I'm not exactly taking the high ground here..
Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #44
grandmasterp
Banned

Where did you get to?
Anywhere nice?
Mrs GMP is not long back from a week in Carcassonne with her 'coven' chums.
( They're not witches really, that's just what I call 'em).
Old 11-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #45
spongencustard
Inactive

Quote:
Where did you get to?
Anywhere nice?
Mrs GMP is not long back from a week in Carcassonne with her 'coven' chums.
( They're not witches really, that's just what I call 'em).
California. Away from the Texas heat. Arrived back and it's 103; the cat is looking a little wilted.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #46
grandmasterp
Banned

A change is as good as a rest.

Holidays now.
Over here on Boxing Day the day after Christmas Day TV adverts are almost all for summer holidays.
Xmas TV guides have huge holiday ad inserts in them.
Almost as though the only way to get over Xmas is by booking a summer holiday.
Always puzzled me.
If I booked somewhere to go next August in the December previous, by the time it got to August I might not fancy going where I'd booked way back in December.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #47
jake_ball

Quote:
What to do to get a job.
Books are a medium too though. Like Spongey said, what WOULD we be doing if media had not got to us first ? Someone telling you something (ie word of mouth) is also a type of media as far as I'm concerned. Maybe we all speak too much now ? Maybe in days gone by (before we became slaves) we didnt have a NEED to talk so much ? Talking with words SEEMS so natural, but is it really ? I dont know. If words had never come along, we would have relied soley on people's ACTIONS to judge if they were bad guys. Words are a politicians best friend - You take the words away from the politician, and he is left ONLY with his ACTIONS - We would see right through him/her THEN!!

With regards to WORDS, no wonder they call it "spelling". The ptb can bomb kids indisciminently, and they just have to use words, and we suddenly go under their SPELL, and we can no longer can see how terrible their actions really are. Obama bombs the hell out of places, but he just speaks, and people go back into a trance.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #48
spongencustard
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
If words had never come along, we would have relied soley on people's ACTIONS to judge if they were bad guys. Words are a politicians best friend - You take the words away from the politician, and he is left ONLY with his ACTIONS - We would see right through him/her THEN!!

With regards to WORDS, no wonder they call it "spelling". The ptb can bomb kids indisciminently, and they just have to use words, and we suddenly go under their SPELL, and we can no longer can see how terrible their actions really are. Obama bombs the hell out of places, but he just speaks, and people go back into a trance.
Where I was going with that, was that without media, we are left to make our own judgments based on personal observation. Or not have an opinion, if we do not have a personal relationship to the event. I wonder how we would act or not act, without media and external input. Hence, what would we do? Would we be 'truer' to our own sense of consciousness?

And yes, children have spelling tests. It seems so important to indoctrinate the young as to how to form and recognize the correct symbols.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #49
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongencustard View Post
Where I was going with that, was that without media, we are left to make our own judgments based on personal observation. Or not have an opinion, if we do not have a personal relationship to the event. I wonder how we would act or not act, without media and external input. Hence, what would we do? Would we be 'truer' to our own sense of consciousness?

And yes, children have spelling tests. It seems so important to indoctrinate the young as to how to form and recognize the correct symbols.
I'm guessing that we WOULD be truer to our own sense of consciousness, if media hadnt got to us first - The ptb obviously do need media to control us or else they wouldnt bother using it.

About the kids doing spelling tests and stuff, I was gonna start a thread months ago about words and symbols, but it never got off the ground cos I didnt know how to express it....errrm....in words - Anyway, THIS thread has turned out to be sufficient to cover the subject. I think that ALL words and symbols (even the word "love") are part of this indoctrination via media. All symbols and words and any media in any form, are inducing the fake reality (or "fantasy world") that we are right now experiencing.

The thing is, is that it's OK to EXPERIENCE things (even media) as long as we realise and understand TRULY AND COMPLETELY what part it is playing in our lives - We can THEN make an informed decision/choice of whether we want to use media to direct our experiences/reality. Having said that though, I still think that the use of media will always END UP with a disastrous situation for humanity.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #50
spongencustard
Inactive

Quote:

About the kids doing spelling tests and stuff, I was gonna start a thread months ago about words and symbols, but it never got off the ground cos I didnt know how to express it....errrm....in words - Anyway, THIS thread has turned out to be sufficient to cover the subject.
Perhaps those who spell badly are the least indoctrinated?
Isn't it interesting that education, especially having a university education, has been seen as a measure of knowledge and intelligence, with illiteracy having the opposite value. Note the phrase "drop-outs".

Without wanting to sound too 'hippie', perhaps we would have been more enlightened with a little less education?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #51
living99

Quote:
What to do to get a job.

I was 17 before our family decided to purchase a TV. Prior to that we read (lots); quarrelled (lots) argued, visited and were visited in our home by friends and neighbours, sang, danced, were creative.

Today most of us are consumers rather than creators ...

Some of my friends learn instruments, new skills, go to dancing clubs etc, whilst others simply watch TV. Choice abounds ... depends on what value one places on the gift of life and consciousness
living99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #52
marky78

Quote:
Books are a medium too though. Like Spongey said, what WOULD we be doing if media had not got to us first ? Someone telling you something (ie word of mouth) is also a type of media as far as I'm concerned. Maybe we all speak too much now ? Maybe in days gone by (before we became slaves) we didnt have a NEED to talk so much ? Talking with words SEEMS so natural, but is it really ? I dont know. If words had never come along, we would have relied soley on people's ACTIONS to judge if they were bad guys. Words are a politicians best friend - You take the words away from the politician, and he is left ONLY with his ACTIONS - We would see right through him/her THEN!!

so true.
marky78 is offline   Reply With Quote