Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 10-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
jake_ball

Default A media induced fantasy world

A forum member (Aladinsane) posted a phrase "media induced fantasy world", and it has led me to a sort of realisation - This thing that we call "media" has been very subtley introduced into human day-to-day lives. Step by step, "media" has been slowly BUT COMPLETELY accepted by humans as a part of our BEING. Media seems to be part of our very nature, like as if it IS all completely NATURAL. But I feel that it is not AT ALL good and natural.

I think that "media" really IS shaping our realities WITHOUT US EVEN KNOWING IT. Look around the room that you are in now, and you will see symbols, words, pictures, sculptures, shiny things, lights, shaped things, ornaments, television, internet....the list goes on and on. These are all forms of media that are shaping human perceptions and the direction that humans will go in.

Our lives ARE a media induced fantasy. Humanity is not BEING, but instead humanity is DOING in response to the media that is being observed.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion

Last edited by jake_ball; 10-07-2013 at 12:32 AM.
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
eggs of satan
Inactive

that is why it is important to align yourself and support companies that reflect your state of being.
eggs of satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
jdeadevil

Which in comparison to Earth's population, is run by the few who control the many.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
retype
Banned

Default the media target audience expands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
A forum member (Aladinsane) posted a phrase "media induced fantasy world", and it has led me to a sort of realisation - This thing that we call "media" has been very subtley introduced into human day-to-day lives. Step by step, "media" has been slowly BUT COMPLETELY accepted by humans as a part of our BEING. Media seems to be part of our very nature, like as if it IS all completely NATURAL. But I feel that it is not AT ALL good and natural.

I think that "media" really IS shaping our realities WITHOUT US EVEN KNOWING IT. Look around the room that you are in now, and you will see symbols, words, pictures, sculptures, shiny things, lights, shaped things, ornaments, television, internet....the list goes on and on. These are all forms of media that are shaping human perceptions and the direction that humans will go in.

Our lives ARE a media induced fantasy. Humanity is not BEING, but instead humanity is DOING in response to the media that is being observed.
I found this interesting, an advert aimed at the (how many?) people who know what an internet troll is.

http://www.bestadsontv.com/ad/54814/...ence-the-Troll
retype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #5
nomorewifi
Banned

Quote:
The media, and technology, are disconnecting people from themselves and others, beyond the superficial "connection" they have from texts, emails, tweets and phone calls. For them it's all a reflection of the world we're presented with on a screen, I agree.
nomorewifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #6
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:

Interesting proposition, I'd go further by saying that most of humanity would be totally screwed without this medium, and we have become reliant on the security that subtle conformity affords us.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #7
truepositive

The sentence you quoted is a very true and to-the-point one. I agree with everything you posted but i suggest we try and keep relating it to the orginal quote somehow. As in "Another MSM report proves most of us are living in a media induced fantasy world, because...."

You get my drift i suppose.
truepositive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #8
multiversal_quiver

necessary illusions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AnB8MuQ6DU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHU2AVcK5l8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJuqo...ctr=1373431718

This is a good place to start.

Last edited by multiversal_quiver; 10-07-2013 at 04:19 AM.
multiversal_quiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepositive View Post
The sentence you quoted is a very true and to-the-point one. I agree with everything you posted but i suggest we try and keep relating it to the orginal quote somehow. As in "Another MSM report proves most of us are living in a media induced fantasy world, because...."

You get my drift i suppose.
Yes I DO get your drift truepositive, and this thread (and all threads and all media) are an example of that, and that is why I said at the end of my post that we ARE all living in a media induced fantasy world. But once we start to truly realise the truth about how media effects our being, then we can at least do SOMETHING (no matter how little) about it.

Maybe it all started with cave paintings (the first medium ?) and talking using words GIVEN to us ? Maybe that is why the ptb like their symbols (because symbols were one of the first mediums which gave us a PERCEPTION of their power) ?
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion

Last edited by jake_ball; 10-07-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
grandmasterp
Banned

In response to your OP come a series of links to clips on the internet.
Eloquent responses in so many ways.
Good thread.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggs of satan View Post
that is why it is important to align yourself and support companies that reflect your state of being.
Yes if we are having media bombarded at us from all directions, we may as well try our best to only pick and choose the ones that have a better vibe (keeping away from the MSM if at all possible).
Old 10-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #12
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeadevil View Post
Which in comparison to Earth's population, is run by the few who control the many.
Yep!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by retype View Post
I found this interesting, an advert aimed at the (how many?) people who know what an internet troll is.

http://www.bestadsontv.com/ad/54814/...ence-the-Troll
Yes that is a great example. Thanks retype, it made me lol
Old 10-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorewifi View Post
The media, and technology, are disconnecting people from themselves and others, beyond the superficial "connection" they have from texts, emails, tweets and phone calls. For them it's all a reflection of the world we're presented with on a screen, I agree.
Yes it does disconnect us. We look at media and go into a dreamlike state (trance) whilst viewing media, and not in a good way. The media has BECOME our reality, and away from the media, we then live out the "media induced fantasy".
Old 10-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #15
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
Interesting proposition, I'd go further by saying that most of humanity would be totally screwed without this medium, and we have become reliant on the security that subtle conformity affords us.
The media subtly/none-subtly creates conformity - Everyone is targeted by one form of media or another. The media wont effect us quite as much if we learn to know ourself, but it WILL ALWAYS effect us on a subconscious level no matter what we do, unless we turn away from it.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #16
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiversal_quiver View Post
Will look at those later, thanks MQ
Old 10-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterp View Post
In response to your OP come a series of links to clips on the internet.
Eloquent responses in so many ways.
Good thread.
Well spotted, I missed that! Seriously!
And that just highlights how media is so now part of our very being, that we dont even perceive it for what it really is.
(sorry I am rushing my posts)

Last edited by jake_ball; 10-07-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
andy1033

Amazing the power of the media. Without knowing it, it teaches you how you will act in situations. You are all doing it, and it tells you what is normal and not normal.

I stopped watching live tv in 2000 or so, and glad. Once i heard reality tv was coming, i never watched one, and just began making my home server of my tastes.

I cannot fathom why you lot watch reality tv, i have never watched one single show.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #19
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1033 View Post
Amazing the power of the media. Without knowing it, it teaches you how you will act in situations. You are all doing it, and it tells you what is normal and not normal.

I stopped watching live tv in 2000 or so, and glad. Once i heard reality tv was coming, i never watched one, and just began making my home server of my tastes.

I cannot fathom why you lot watch reality tv, i have never watched one single show.
I did watch a little reality tvat one time but I quickly realised what it was about and stopped watching it, (I DO however watch the Apprentice still but watch it with a very critical eye). But I do hardly ever watch tv.

There was a time when there was VIRTUALLY no such thing as media - I wonder how humans coped!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #20
andy1033

Quote:
I did watch a little reality tvat one time but I quickly realised what it was about and stopped watching it, (I DO however watch the Apprentice still but watch it with a very critical eye). But I do hardly ever watch tv.

There was a time when there was VIRTUALLY no such thing as media - I wonder how humans coped!
Exactly on your last point, before the net life was absolutely boring most of the time. Now your still bored, but at least doing something.

But anyone is free to do what they want.

I just knew when they first talked about that reality stuff, all it was, is to condition you lot to being watched in your home. The public just accepted it as normal. Now you got kineact on your 360. You see they first condition people into accepting it as normal.

Tv tells you what society views as normal. So they give you reality tv, and you all just accept being watched. Before that time of 2000 or so, being watched was un-normal for people.

But you lot watch what you want, i was not trying to tell you what you do. But trying to explain to someone that they do that reality tv to condition you into being watched 24/7 is hard, as people just seem to lap it all up.

Anyway too late now. Just glad i never watched one single reality tv show, but like i said you lot do what you want.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote