Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > New Members Forum

Old 10-06-2016, 12:01 PM   #21
legalcrimes

I don't think its enough just being awake, you have to physically do something whether it be stop watching TV, stop paying for a tv license, stop paying for water, council tax, gas, electric, tax, etc, grow your own food, shop locally the list goes on.

No point being awake if you don't do anything.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:14 PM   #22
rotz
Premier Subscribers

Wink

Go back to sleep, its lonely out here.

Last edited by rotz; 10-06-2016 at 12:14 PM.
rotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #23
poshfangaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotz View Post
Go back to sleep, its lonely out here.
lol very true
Old 10-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #24
baboshka1
Inactive

Yeah but look how lonley it was before.
At least you know why you are lonely now
baboshka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:56 PM   #25
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Very hard to answer, because I don't think one person's "waking up" is necessarily the same as another's, even though they may well share much in common, they come at it from different avenues, backgrounds, knowledge, understanding, perceptions, upbringing, experiences, relationships, encounters etcetera etcetera making it difficult to measure.
It's true. We all come to this from so many different angles. One of the strengths AND weaknesses of the movement is the fact that it doesn't just have one voice or slant.

As for the suggestions I offered earlier, I made all of the mistakes. There wasn't really a precedent for 'waking up'. In hindsight, much as I hate to say it, the nearest thing to it might be a sudden conversion to a new religion.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:46 PM   #26
neutron flux

The world is run by psychopaths. Just because something is alternative to the mainstream doesn't make it true. Beware of the Hoaxtard.
neutron flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #27
dmckenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwuntybolo View Post
Check your sources
This^

Too many people in the alternative media are following the same principles as the ones we chastise - automatically believing something without doing some background checks. Everyday I see people retweeting conspiracy styled 'memes' or uploading text picture's that are complete bullshit. A small example is the one I always see, "There's only 3 countries without a Rothschild central bank. Syria, Iran & Libya - coincidence?". Now, that is utter nonsense, yet you wouldn't believe how many people believe it & share the fuck out of it!

I can't criticise too much, as I used to be the same. When you first step down the rabbit hole it is easy to make this mistake as you are blown away with all the new found information that you are trying to process.

Some great comments have been left already, & I'm sure you will follow the advice left.

Last edited by dmckenna; 10-06-2016 at 02:26 PM.
dmckenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #28
lobuk

"Try and stay balanced, go with the flow, wherever it takes you and trust in the universe.

lobuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #29
ex sheep

Do NOT tell your mate of your new found how the world is actually upside down info.
ex sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #30
gremlin

Don't do it.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #31
paddy_blake

There is something I need to point out to others, that was touched upon by Lavendersky, that it's not easy.

There is a kind of phenomenon that happens, when you walk a spiritual path, that is like a kind of pushback or like a storm of difficulties and transitions, and sacrifices to be made, as if the universe does not want you to become awake.

It isn't that the universe is doing this to you, it is that your past actions are catching up to you. It is known in Buddhist tradition as Karma, but others have noticed this phenomeonon too, and it's something to point out to anyone who just thinks spirituality is about some kind of new age lifestyle.

Last edited by paddy_blake; 10-06-2016 at 03:25 PM.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:45 PM   #32
decode reality
Inactive

Default Suggestion

As this is for those just awakening, I'm just wondering if this thread would be good to place as a sticky in the New Members' forum? Not just yet perhaps, as for now the more established members can see it on General, and share their advice and experiences.

At least then it's there as a resource - something that many of us didn't have when we went through our own 'Peru moment'.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:14 PM   #33
lobuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode reality View Post
As this is for those just awakening, I'm just wondering if this thread would be good to place as a sticky in the New Members' forum? Not just yet perhaps, as for now the more established members can see it on General, and share their advice and experiences.

At least then it's there as a resource - something that many of us didn't have when we went through our own 'Peru moment'.
Good idea decode.
lobuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:47 PM   #34
herbrobert
Inactive

Be a little bit Socratic. At his trial, Socrates said: 'The un-examined life is not worth living.' To go through life without questioning oneself or questioning your cultural assumptions is a crying shame and only leads to more suffering.

We adopt certain ideas and thought patterns uncritically when we are young and naive. These then become ingrained habits that we take for granted as being true or common sense.

So the examined life is about looking at these habits and assumptions; it's about admitting that you are quite ignorant regarding yourself and the world around you. When you realise how little you know, you can re-examine things in a fresh, non-biased light.

Look at your perceptions, look at everything in your mind, look at all your beliefs and the beliefs that other people hold. Question the assumptions: What is love? Do I really know? What is friendship? What really makes me happy? What am I really about? Do I buy these things because I really need them? What is the best way to organise society? What is authority? etc. etc. etc.
herbrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #35
jupiter12

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepositive View Post
The rabbit hole goes much deeper from here, but dont be scared, its a rabbit hole not a tiger hole
Yes! and important to go/learn at your own pace. Some will wanna know everything at once (like I did) and some will take bits they need at a slower pace.

Big changes can occur in your life when you wake Spiritually and/or to the truth about the corrupt system that has been controlling things on Earth since ancient times.

Everyone is different but certain things like crystals (Black Tourmaline) and Orgone and Essential Oils can help on the journey! (imo). If you found Davids books and his website, it's for a reason!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:40 PM   #36
ngawaka19

Practice the art of invisibility.

Till its safe to come out...
Old 11-06-2016, 01:39 AM   #37
thegatherer

Press the snooze button, have another dream, remember it's all a dream anyway...stay in touch with your down to earth side...
thegatherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 03:51 AM   #38
thirsty4

*you* aren't the problem. This world is...
thirsty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:24 AM   #39
liquidmetal
Inactive

Take everything with a BIG pinch of salt!

There's a lot of eye opening truth but also
lot of disinformation to confuse. Flat earth anyone?
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 06:47 AM   #40
Enki1

Smile!!!
Enki1 is offline   Reply With Quote