Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 20-08-2015, 09:44 AM   #1521
opas23

How many of the ways (disciplines, exercises, practices) recommended as helpful, or even necessary, for the attainment of Satori are not in fact consequences of that state erroneously suggested as means? Wei Wu Wei
opas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #1522
opas23

How many of the ways (disciplines, exercises, practices) recommended as helpful, or even necessary, for the attainment of Satori are not in fact consequences of that state erroneously suggested as means? Wei Wu Wei
Old 20-08-2015, 04:31 PM   #1523
onebeing
Inactive

When you drink your tea in forgetfulness, life is not there. You are not truly alive because you are not there, you are not mindful, you are not concentrated. That moment is not a moment of practice. A secular moment. But when you begin to hold your tea in mindfulness and concentration, and when you drink your tea in perfect mindfulness and concentration, it looks like you are performing a sacred ritual; and that is already a prayer. When you walk, if you enjoy every step; if every step nourishes you, transforms you, every step is a prayer.

So in the teaching, the practice, the tradition of Buddhism, there is really no distinction between meditation and prayer, because when you are mindful, concentrated, when you have insight, you get in touch with the Buddha land, with the Buddha, with the Sangha. When you really pray, you get in touch with Jesus, with the Kingdom of God, and getting in touch like that has to bring about transformation and healing. When there is mindfulness, concentration and insight, there is no distinction between the one who prays and the one to whom we address our prayer.

That is why the communication is deep, total; and transformation and healing must happen.

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

onebeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2015, 11:02 PM   #1524
onebeing
Inactive

There is a Zen story. A great master woke up in the morning. He called his chief disciple and said, “Come to me. I had a dream, I will tell it to you. Interpret it.”

If the disciple was a Freud or a Jung or an Adler, he would have been tremendously happy, and he would have immediately started interpreting the dream. But the disciple was a meditator, not a Jung, not a Freud. He said, “You wait. Don’t talk rubbish. I will bring water so you can wash your face.”

He brought a bowl of water. While the master was washing his face, another disciple passed. The master said, “Come here. I had a dream. Would you like to interpret it?”

The disciple looked. He said, “Wait. The tea is ready and I will bring you a cup of tea. Then you will come to your senses!” A dream is not worth even interpretation.

The master was happy. It is said he danced that day. He said, “At least two disciples….” He said, “If you had interpreted my dream, I would have thrown you out of my monastery” – because a dream is nonsense, and then trying to interpret it is even a higher nonsense.

What the disciples did was the best interpretation. The first one brought a bowl of water and said to the old master, “You just wash your face so that you become more awake.”

The other brought tea. “Just drink tea, a little hot tea, and that will bring you back to your senses. You will be more conscious.”

Consciousness is needed, not interpretation. All dreams are the same: there are not good dreams and bad dreams. How can there be good dreams and bad dreams? Both are unreal. In unreality you cannot make a distinction between good and bad. Moral, immoral; sinner, saint – all are dreams. Don’t try to change one dream for another. All are chains. Steel or gold, it doesn’t matter.

Wake up! All the awakened ones are just standing there with bowls of water and a hot cup of tea….

~ Taken from Have Tea! Wake Up!

https://wonderfulbuddha.wordpress.co...ry/zen/page/6/
Old 21-08-2015, 02:04 PM   #1525
opas23

In my house...biscuits are included!
Old 28-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #1526
onebeing
Inactive

Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves - slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life.

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Shared from the Non Duality Press
Old 21-09-2015, 05:32 PM   #1527
lone star

fall in love with the beyond

those emotions feel so full
lone star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #1528
opas23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone star View Post
fall in love with the beyond

those emotions feel so full
Old 06-10-2015, 12:12 AM   #1529
ishtarofbabylon
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by opas23 View Post
What follows is not 'truth'....just simple observation of what has happened here for the apparent 'me' and also observation of other's dropping or loosing that.

When the awakening happens, it can seem as if there's a sort of coming and going or contraction and expansion still playing out and we continue to split ourselves up into separate shards and splinters from the rest of the world who we think isn't awake (this is sometimes the deepest form of sleep projection) or we wish to usurp the outside controller's throne with our own righteousness.

I have to say that many people seem to be experiencing this so called awakening and some are describing it as 'being stuck' or not what they thought it would be, and some are quite depressed at the disappointment they set up as an expectancy for themselves.

There is one very elementary answer to this however; awakening seems to be an initial process which happens within the appearance of time before either full blown liberation/freedom/enlightenment happens....or it doesn't.

Hey OP, just checked out your first post and yes, I agree, I'm imagining that my process of enlightenment is occurring in linear time but that linear nature is illusory. In my day-to-day lived experience, I am experiencing reality as though I am "Half way there"--sometimes I feel free and powerful and in tune with this divine inner euphoria simply from knowing who I Am...but sometimes I just feel empty, weak, sluggish, tired and as average as ever...
Even those moments however, I know to be part of the ascension process...
For the body needs time and space to readjust to the influx of higher frequencies that color the experience of what feels to be a gradual spiritual transcendence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by opas23 View Post
[I]
To reiterate: being awake or asleep makes no difference what~so~ever to liberation/freedom. It'll happen or it won't and nobody can give this to you but the 'dropping' or 'remembering' can happen while this is being shared and repeatedly pointed to along the way, by those who have lost everything and all they can do is point at the hidden obviousness which is never not present.

I was wondering: is what you're saying, being aware of all the various forms of oppressive control on the planet is not necessarily an integral part of reaching enlightenment?
ishtarofbabylon is offline   Reply With Quote