Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing > The Nature of Matrix Religions and what they mean.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #1
greatestiam

Default The only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian. True or false?

The only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian. True or false?

A nutshell view of Gnostic Christianity is expressed in the first two links. The third shows the attitude and result of Christian and Gnostic Christian interaction. I should point out that Gnostic Christianity does not hold to any supernatural belief, although I know that the literature, mostly written by those who won the God wars, wants to show that we do. Our myths have a lot of supernatural entities but they are myths, not reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptNcSYo7k4&t=338s

I heard the saying in the title of this O. P. some time ago and after looking at the moral aspects of both ideologies/ theologies; --- I think that statement to be true from a moral point of view.

Do you?

Regards
DL
greatestiam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:12 PM   #2
fairyprincess

If god existed, he'd most likely be the gnostic god (In my opinion)
"if you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." (Jesus Christ, gospel of thomas.)

Love is natural, Hate is taught....
fairyprincess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:04 PM   #3
greatestiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess View Post
If god existed, he'd most likely be the gnostic god (In my opinion)
The right moral choice.

Regards
DL
Old 06-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #4
tnt1

History implies that the earliest form of the term "Christian" does not occur until Codex Alexandrinus, at least the 5th century, and may in fact not enter the chronological record until substantially later even than this date. However at the dates in question when many of the so called 'memorable events' of the bible occurred evidence is found for the term "Chrestian" In fact early papyri make reference to the term "Chrestian" and not "Christian" and since we know that the word 'Christian' derives from the word Christ and Christian scholars are so hell bent ( no pun intended) to keep with the narrative that they would rather accept that there four variations in spelling that exist as documentary evidence to the fact they almost always are referring to the term"Chrestian because "Indeed, even the Papyrology Unit within the University of Oxford, for the 3rd century uses this same term "Chrestian" not Christian.

What we have is two meanings here. Chrestian would be ""The GOOD LORD""
Christians which are hard to find reference for which would refer to 'Christ' worshipers are rather difficult to find at all for the periods when they should be quite evident if the stories are true.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #5
greatestiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt1 View Post
History implies that the earliest form of the term "Christian" does not occur until Codex Alexandrinus, at least the 5th century, and may in fact not enter the chronological record until substantially later even than this date. However at the dates in question when many of the so called 'memorable events' of the bible occurred evidence is found for the term "Chrestian" In fact early papyri make reference to the term "Chrestian" and not "Christian" and since we know that the word 'Christian' derives from the word Christ and Christian scholars are so hell bent ( no pun intended) to keep with the narrative that they would rather accept that there four variations in spelling that exist as documentary evidence to the fact they almost always are referring to the term"Chrestian because "Indeed, even the Papyrology Unit within the University of Oxford, for the 3rd century uses this same term "Chrestian" not Christian.

Christians which are hard to find reference for which would refer to 'Christ' worshipers are rather difficult to find at all for the periods when they should be quite evident if the stories are true.
Interesting.

I knew of some of the forgeries and plagiarisms that Christianity has done in absorbing or trying to destroy the Chrestians, but was not aware of the papyrus information.

I did do a fair bit of looking but have enviously missed some.

Did you keep a link or two for what you referenced?

Also, do you think the ancients would have been better off staying Chrestian and natural instead of turning to Christians and the supernatural?

Regards
DL

Last edited by greatestiam; 06-04-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:10 AM   #6
Sabrina
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatestiam View Post
The only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian. True or false?

A nutshell view of Gnostic Christianity is expressed in the first two links. The third shows the attitude and result of Christian and Gnostic Christian interaction. I should point out that Gnostic Christianity does not hold to any supernatural belief, although I know that the literature, mostly written by those who won the God wars, wants to show that we do. Our myths have a lot of supernatural entities but they are myths, not reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptNcSYo7k4&t=338s

I heard the saying in the title of this O. P. some time ago and after looking at the moral aspects of both ideologies/ theologies; --- I think that statement to be true from a moral point of view.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Let me guess - you are a gnostic christian right?

So you want to collect people from this forum into your flock...

No gnostic texts have been discovered that predate Christianity.
Sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:12 AM   #7
tnt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatestiam View Post
Interesting.

I knew of some of the forgeries and plagiarisms that Christianity has done in absorbing or trying to destroy the Chrestians, but was not aware of the papyrus information.

I did do a fair bit of looking but have enviously missed some.

Did you keep a link or two for what you referenced?

Also, do you think the ancients would have been better off staying Chrestian and natural instead of turning to Christians and the supernatural?

Regards
DL
Sorry I should have looked something up to do that.

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/ch...an-t44117.html

Christian/Chrestian
Old 07-04-2018, 12:24 AM   #8
greatestiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
Let me guess - you are a gnostic christian right?

So you want to collect people from this forum into your flock...

No gnostic texts have been discovered that predate Christianity.
Just because something is labeled a certain way by those who won the God wars and wrote the history, does not mean it is true.

But I don't care. I am asking your moral view and not your knowledge of useless history of plagiarized and corrupted text.

It seems that you do not trust your moral judgement, as you did not give it.

Regards
DL
Old 07-04-2018, 12:38 AM   #9
greatestiam

Quote:
Sorry I should have looked something up to do that.

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/ch...an-t44117.html

Christian/Chrestian
Thanks for this.

I have seen what you put in my travels but do not see the definitive proof that I need to convince myself, although I really think that my theory is correct.

I may never be able to do so with the existing documentation.
I can show the change of names but cannot show the change from people who were called Chrestians to their new name of Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL

Last edited by greatestiam; 07-04-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:45 AM   #10
learner

Quote:

Quite right as the name Christian is a name given to followers of Christ by non-Christians, sometime after HIS death and ressurection.

The term used during that period for Christians then was "SAINTS"!

Not forgetting : ...

The mention of the "Saints" (prophesied) predates the formation of the O.T. (and obviously the NT.)

I suppose Christians (the conventional) wouldn't mind really ; if the term was adopted or used by gnostics and anyone else for that matter ; as long as we can differentiate between the various groups by calling the followers of Christ .... Saints!... perhaps.

Last edited by learner; 07-04-2018 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Excited
learner is offline   Reply With Quote