Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 20-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #21
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by toty1994 View Post
I was really intrigued by this so looked at Spencer Bank's IMDB page. It was actually called 'Penda's Fen' and was a 1974 Play for Today. Anyway, I had a look on youtube & in a spooky coincidence someone has actually uploaded it today!

It's not great quality, the vid only fills part of the screen - but here it is.

As for The Tomorrow People - I absolutely loved it as a kid & to this day wish I could 'jaunt'.
Well done - excellent find there toty1994. Will watch that again when I get a minute. They don't make them like that anymore. I used to love watching Play for Today. whilst others sought their entertainment via Scooby Doo and suchlike.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 20-08-2016 at 11:30 AM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 11:10 AM   #22
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by white light View Post
I quite liked the Tomorrow People, but was put off a bit in that one of the actors was Mike Holloway, the drummer in the media hyped ITV band Flintlock. That sort of trivia was important when I was kid. Lol.
Ahhhh Flintlock !!! I remember one their numbers in the hit parade went...

"Nobody's gonna steal mah thunder...nobody's gonna a steal mah lightnin' "

While the lead singer flailed two microphones on cables about, one in each hand.

It was presented on a programme called Get It Together all presented by that 'wild man' of kids' pop progs ...Roy North...who would break into song himself...

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 20-08-2016 at 11:33 AM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #23
david numen

If you get the chance, listen to the commentaries on the DVDs for "The Tomorrow People" and there's more than one hint that Savile-type problems weren't confined to the BBC.
david numen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #24
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Ahhhh Flintlock !!! I remember one their numbers in the hit parade went...

"Nobody's gonna steal mah thunder...nobody's gonna a steal mah lightnin' "

While the lead singer flailed two microphones on cables about, one in each hand.

It was presented on a programme called Get It Together all presented by that 'wild man' of kids' pop progs ...Roy North...who would break into song himself...
I only remember that show because that's where I first saw U2. Besides that, Roy North wasn't really 'rock n roll' at all. I think he wore a tank top.

And I do remember Flintlock. Quite ahead of their time with a name glorifying guns. Candidate for the first-ever gangsta rap outfit?
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote