Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 14-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #21
nongeekywebdude
Banned

I think the biggest brainwashing show ever was definitely 24, in virtually every episode Bauer tortures a suspect and completely ignores the law, but its all for the good of the people as he is stopping terrorists and everyone loves him as he gets the job done - presidents call him up when in trouble as society needs guys like him etc etc, it's so blatant that it's hard to watch ( even though I did, every episode, its like looking at a car crash you cant help staring).

Havn't seen Good Cop yet, but I doubt it's as blatant as 24, but sometimes a more subtle brainwashing is more effective
nongeekywebdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #22
zephirop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nongeekywebdude View Post
I think the biggest brainwashing show ever was definitely 24, in virtually every episode Bauer tortures a suspect and completely ignores the law, but its all for the good of the people as he is stopping terrorists and everyone loves him as he gets the job done - presidents call him up when in trouble as society needs guys like him etc etc, it's so blatant that it's hard to watch ( even though I did, every episode, its like looking at a car crash you cant help staring).

Havn't seen Good Cop yet, but I doubt it's as blatant as 24, but sometimes a more subtle brainwashing is more effective
Yeah that was my top example of brainwashing in the post 911 world, after series 2 it just became one stream of 'arabs with bombs' after another, not even trying to be subtle and yes like you said a condoning attitude towards torture.

The character Jack Bauer was quite brilliant though, and those first two series are pretty bloody brilliant.
zephirop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
zephirop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie789 View Post
Yeah it is, sort of. I've seen the first 3 seasons.
I couldn't get past the first episode of the 4th season. It just went a bit too far for me.

Dexter is an interesting character who you end up oddly rooting for (like Norman Bates when he sinks that car), but he's never portrayed as the good guy. He knows he's a complete psychopath and he kills... well, people like him. Mostly.
You are supposed to think Norman is trying to help his mother then though aren't you?
Old 14-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #24
rosie789
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephirop View Post
You are supposed to think Norman is trying to help his mother then though aren't you?
Are you? I didn't think that.

For some messed up reason I just wanted him to be able to hide the car in time.

Last edited by rosie789; 14-09-2012 at 10:37 AM.
rosie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
zephirop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie789 View Post
Are you? I didn't think that.

For some messed up reason I just wanted him to be able to hide the car in time.
'Oh Mother...oh God Mother...blood...blood!'

Last edited by zephirop; 14-09-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 14-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
rosie789
Inactive

Quote:
'Oh Mother...oh God Mother...blood...blood!'
Oh yeah. Haha. I think I just assumed it was Norman Bates all along, or perhaps someone told me.
rosie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #27
mrunhappy
Banned

In all kinds of ways we are down a human cul de sac.

I remember Dixon of Dock Green. Wish we were back in those days.
mrunhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
janiebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunhappy View Post

... and who would ever have thought then what we have come to: we just assumed that the world would go on as it was: decent. I am so lucky to have been a kid in those days, allowed to remain in childhood for as long as nature wished.
janiebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
jp13

I can't remember if I've posted this on this forum already,but the most recent one I have seen was about 2 months ago (not gonna mention the olympics) when I was watching a "Columbo" film. I can't remember the title or even the plot, but this one scene when he goes into an old TV Service shop to collect his fixed TV, once he's inside the shop all I could see on the left hand side of the screen was the Word
VICE from SERVICE and below it were the numbers
666 which were part of the Telephone number
I actually laughed at how much must go on without conscious notice, and the Columbo film was made quite a time ago, I also noticed how many of these films he/Peter Faulk actually directs, quite a lot, I haven't done a search. That's that.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer

Last edited by jp13; 14-09-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: to get Vice in line with 666 as it appeared in the movie
jp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #30
zephirop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp13 View Post
I can't remember if I've posted this on this forum already,but the most recent one I have seen was about 2 months ago (not gonna mention the olympics) when I was watching a "Columbo" film. I can't remember the title or even the plot, but this one scene when he goes into an old TV Service shop to collect his fixed TV, once he's inside the shop all I could see on the left hand side of the screen was the Word VICE from SERVICE and below it were the numbers 666 I actually laughed at how much must go on without conscious notice, and the Columbo film was quite a time ago, I also noticed how many of these films he/Peter Faulk actually directs, quite a lot, I haven't done a search. That's that.
Oh right...let's pick on Columbo...and Peter Faulk doesn't direct at all, as he's dead, so you're safe...the evil mastermind is deceased.

Bloody good character actor...good program too...your example would be interesting if it wasn't so tenuous.
Old 14-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #31
jp13

Quote:
Oh right...let's pick on Columbo...and Peter Faulk doesn't direct at all, as he's dead, so you're safe...the evil mastermind is deceased.

Bloody good character actor...good program too...your example would be interesting if it wasn't so tenuous.
I thought he was dead, I could probably find what the name of the movie was if I looked over TV listings from about 3 months ago, it was on a Saturday on ITV in the afternoon, I was just looking for my mobile phone as I sometimes take pics of stuff on my 50" plasma and others think they are real, but that's another story. I think if you check you will find that he did direct some of his later movies. I like Columbo.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." - Herbert Spencer
jp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #32
irrepressible
Inactive

In the stunningly brilliant film, Pulp Fiction, Mia Wallace did a pilot TV show called 'Fox Force Five' the three F's, correlate to that number and it is also Marcellus Wallace's gold filled briefcase combination

Tarantino is evil! Eviiiiiiil!

I love his films
irrepressible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #33
zephirop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp13 View Post
I thought he was dead, I could probably find what the name of the movie was if I looked over TV listings from about 3 months ago, it was on a Saturday on ITV in the afternoon, I was just looking for my mobile phone as I sometimes take pics of stuff on my 50" plasma and others think they are real, but that's another story. I think if you check you will find that he did direct some of his later movies. I like Columbo.
Yeah I know he did, but by then he was probably the longest standing member of the production staff and was the logical choice.
Old 15-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #34
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunhappy View Post

What days? The good old friendly copper days. I've vague sad memories of dixon and his simplistic ramblings of a land that is forever Britain.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #35
streetlife

Watched a film last night called "Blitz" it was about a cop killer in England reminded me of this thread anyone seen it?
streetlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #36
zephirop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post
Watched a film last night called "Blitz" it was about a cop killer in England reminded me of this thread anyone seen it?
Yep I have, not a bad little film.
Old 20-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #37
streetlife

This show has been cancelled as a mark of respect for the dead police officers??
streetlife is offline   Reply With Quote