Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 28-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
rhydra

Default Crap TV

I grew up in the 70s-80s. I remember when I got up to go to school there was the test card on the TV on weekdays, if you were lucky, most of the time it was a white dot until about 9AM. On weekends it was cartoons and Open University. It took about 5 minutes to switch the thing on, I remember pulling the switch and there followed a very high pitched whistle and a low pitched electric sound, I can still smell the process now, a funny hot smell of electrics and some sort of oily smell, it was nice. After about a minute there was a faint sound, voices, music or other things, the picture took an age to come on but when it came on it was worth the wait. Almost everything that was on was quality.

Now the TV comes on instantly, it comes on and what is there, soap operas, people screaming, shouting, angry, angry, angry, having affairs and doing all sorts of shite. Property crap shows, antiques crap shows, docudrama crap shows, politically correct unfunny comedy crap shows, even science and factual programmes are dumbed down appeal to someone with three brain cells. The Jeremy Kyle people, low lives which should have been put in a bag and thrown in the canal, women who's vaginas are nothing more than freak factories, shopping channels, oh, the shopping channels, how they wax lyrical about some crappy plastic piece of rubbish which is ONLY £19.99 and not only that, you get some other equally useless trinket FREE! Rubbish TV, rubbish people on it, aimed for rubbish that watch it.

Rant over.
Old 28-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
knightofthegrail
Banned

Sir/madam, I salute you.
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
starshine
Banned

Have you ever heard of the Off Button?
starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
fingersync

Nice rant

I don't see what people see in Soapies...but they take up a huge junk of viewing time. They're on in the morning here, the afternoon and make up most of prime time. I just don't get it?

Last edited by fingersync; 28-09-2011 at 04:49 PM.
fingersync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
irrepressible
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Hehe!

Good point
irrepressible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
knightofthegrail
Banned

Quote:
That is the electronic equivalent of sticking your head in the sand; you can live in denial that the world is not going down the tube (sorry ).
knightofthegrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
farros

Quote:
^ This. Just turn the tv off. Get a hobby that doesnt involve waiting for someone/something else to entertain you.
farros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
irrepressible
Inactive

Yeah TV used to be good. I remember when a film was an event
Old 28-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhydra View Post
I grew up in the 70s-80s. I remember when I got up to go to school there was the test card on the TV on weekdays, if you were lucky, most of the time it was a white dot until about 9AM. On weekends it was cartoons and Open University. It took about 5 minutes to switch the thing on, I remember pulling the switch and there followed a very high pitched whistle and a low pitched electric sound, I can still smell the process now, a funny hot smell of electrics and some sort of oily smell, it was nice. After about a minute there was a faint sound, voices, music or other things, the picture took an age to come on but when it came on it was worth the wait. Almost everything that was on was quality.

Now the TV comes on instantly, it comes on and what is there, soap operas, people screaming, shouting, angry, angry, angry, having affairs and doing all sorts of shite. Property crap shows, antiques crap shows, docudrama crap shows, politically correct unfunny comedy crap shows, even science and factual programmes are dumbed down appeal to someone with three brain cells. The Jeremy Kyle people, low lives which should have been put in a bag and thrown in the canal, women who's vaginas are nothing more than freak factories, shopping channels, oh, the shopping channels, how they wax lyrical about some crappy plastic piece of rubbish which is ONLY £19.99 and not only that, you get some other equally useless trinket FREE! Rubbish TV, rubbish people on it, aimed for rubbish that watch it.

Rant over.

Nice rant, I often think that rant myself lol, you forgot to add that in TV land everybody looks perfect, perfect hair, makeup, perfect body etc, i got over it and picked up my acoustic guitar .

Theres maybe two or three programs a week I watch regular, just seen the first episode of the fades and looks interesting but straight from the BBC youth drama dept just like most "new programs" these days. I recomend you get hold of the original Australian version of "Wilfred" as that is diamond gold TV, the yank versions ok but a pale copy in comparism .
For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. ........Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

Now choose; Red or Blue.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #10
rhydra

I have an off button, I like the news though, but the rest of the channels are like wading though a sewage system just to collect a few bits of sweetcorn.
Old 28-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
fingersync

Quote:
I have, but I missed The Undertaker's match up with Ray Mysterio on the WWE Lunch TIME Smack Down...I haven't been the same since..

Last edited by fingersync; 28-09-2011 at 05:14 PM.
fingersync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
mikey mikey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthegrail View Post
Sir/madam, I salute you.
me too
mikey mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
alienbiketrail

Yes the types of shows on regular TV today makes me wonder about the mentality of the mass viewers in general. The anger and the problems they have created for themselves in their lives may be consoled by seeing programs they can identify with. Example Jerry Springer or the soaps.
alienbiketrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
ian2day
Inactive

I've been 3 years without sky and miss the films progamming my views a bit.
ian2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
old_stag

I didn't make the digital switchover with the masses in the UK in June. Now my television sits dumb in the corner of the living room. Used for viewing an occasional dvd it has been told its future lies on the pavement on a Wednesday morning. To be picked up and thrown away with the other trash.
"I know corries in Argyll that whisper silken to the wind with juicy grasses. Corries where the deer love to prance deep in the cool dew and the beasts of far-off woods come in bands at their seasons and together rejoice." from John Splendid by Neil Munro
old_stag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #16
jackdaw
Banned

TV - Total Vomit. Well, very nearly.
jackdaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #17
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrepressible
Yeah TV used to be good. I remember when a film was an event
Yup as was most everything else also!!!!

I loved tv in the 70s and 80s! (I love cartoons from the 70s and earlier)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
irrepressible
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude111 View Post
Yup as was most everything else also!!!!

I loved tv in the 70s and 80s! (I love cartoons from the 70s and earlier)
There's been some great tv shows in recent times; I've just watched four seasons of Dexter and thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm working my way through OZ at the moment.

But the rest of modern day tele is utter rubbish.

I think I'll procure myself some 70's/80's cartoons tonight
Old 28-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #19
devyn

IMO, the best show on tv right now is Fringe.
devyn is offline   Reply With Quote