Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 21-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #1
adralicus

Default Bulgaria

I've been pondering the idea of relocating to Bulgaria. Property is incredibly cheap especially in the remote areas. Looks like a really beautiful country. Does anyone have any information on the situation over there or does anyone have any friends who've moved there?
adralicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #2
grasshopper

you want to move from London to Bulgaria?????????????

Ask wakeup2nwo he moved there with his family...he is obviously very happy there

Old 21-03-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
scottishryan

Going there on Holiday in a few weeks. First time, so be interesting to see what it's like. Incredibly cheap from what I've read.

My NEW Book (Paranormal): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unseen-Worl...A0DXGPP2JGAGHG
scottishryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #5
adralicus

Thanks for the info I've been reading Wakeup3nwo's thread as well.
Old 21-03-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adralicus View Post
Thanks for the info I've been reading Wakeup3nwo's thread as well.
Do us a big favour, and please tell us if you go there. You can always blog about it in this thread! I might be following you....but then again Bulgaria gets very cold doesn't it....so I probably won't! But I'm very keen to learn more.
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #7
adralicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
Do us a big favour, and please tell us if you go there. You can always blog about it in this thread! I might be following you....but then again Bulgaria gets very cold doesn't it....so I probably won't! But I'm very keen to learn more.
It would be taking a chance moving there as I'm 64 and single and not much of an outdoor type so the cold winters might get to me. But I'll let you know if anything develops.
Old 21-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #8
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
It would be taking a chance moving there as I'm 64 and single and not much of an outdoor type so the cold winters might get to me. But I'll let you know if anything develops.
What do you think about living in Spain or Portugal? If I were to remain in Europe, I'd go to one of those places. I'm a lover of the sun. Hate the cold.

Thanks to the recession in 2008, there are still places in Spain that have low prices. Also, you can find remote locations for very little money. They may not always have mains drainage, electricity or any kind of internet connection. But you can find property there with ridiculously large plots of land, for very little money. If you're good at DIY, you can do very well.

I like perusing websites and try to find my ideal home abroad.

A quick example:

https://www.kyero.com/en/spain-count...sort=price_asc

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...rrencyCode=GBP

Last edited by tildatod; 21-03-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 21-03-2016, 02:25 PM   #9
grasshopper

Quote:
Amoured Amazon lives in Mallorca it is warmer and a lot of British live there...it is better for singles than Bulgaria I think
Old 21-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #10
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishryan View Post
Going there on Holiday in a few weeks. First time, so be interesting to see what it's like. Incredibly cheap from what I've read.
I went there 3 years ago with family at end of May and it was really hot. It is really cheap there and plenty of stalls and food places to peruse at leisure.Costs about £1.00 a pint for beer and it's really cheap to eat out as well.

If you get a chance try and visit the 3,000-year-old site of Nessebar, we took a little train ride, which the kids loved and went there for the day.

It's beautiful there ,lots of market stalls and the heavy scent of burning joss sticks wafting in the air combined with the heat made for a heady day trip.

I picked up some really cool pieces of pottery and a large bag of saffron which was really cheap so really chuffed , still got some left.

The downside is the poverty, people begging.

Another positive is , although there were a lot of young groups of party people, we never saw a hint of trouble, the place is buzzing all night long and most folk just want to have fun. Hope the weather is good when you go and you have a wonderful time

Last edited by peabrain; 21-03-2016 at 02:42 PM.
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #11
adralicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
What do you think about living in Spain or Portugal? If I were to remain in Europe, I'd go to one of those places. I'm a lover of the sun. Hate the cold.

Thanks to the recession in 2008, there are still places in Spain that have low prices. Also, you can find remote locations for very little money. They may not always have mains drainage, electricity or any kind of internet connection. But you can find property there with ridiculously large plots of land, for very little money. If you're good at DIY, you can do very well.

I like perusing websites and try to find my ideal home abroad.

A quick example:

https://www.kyero.com/en/spain-count...sort=price_asc

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-...rrencyCode=GBP
Thanks for the links . I never really thought about Spain as I figured it would be expensive due to the amount of expats living over there. I guess some sun would be nice as I've had very little throughout my life. Bulgaria looks appealing because it's kind of more off grid although ironically I do need a decent Internet connection in order to pursue my occasional music/journalist type work although I could end up being quite isolated but that's not much different to how I feel in London anyway.
Old 21-03-2016, 03:25 PM   #12
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the links . I never really thought about Spain as I figured it would be expensive due to the amount of expats living over there. I guess some sun would be nice as I've had very little throughout my life. Bulgaria looks appealing because it's kind of more off grid although ironically I do need a decent Internet connection in order to pursue my occasional music/journalist type work although I could end up being quite isolated but that's not much different to how I feel in London anyway.

I think if you just look around, you can find an incredible place suited to your needs. Takes some focus! There is also the language issue: are you better at a language like Spanish, or would you be better at Bulgarian? I also prefer Spanish food. If I went to Spain I'd want to integrate with some locals. Not sure I'd be good company for the average expat who likes other expats, and all things British!

If Bulgaria was warm all year round, I'd give it a whirl.

Bulgaria weather summary:

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/so...sofiya/bg.aspx

Quote:
Sofia enjoys the same climate as the rest of Bulgaria; that is a temperature climate with a small Mediterranean influence to it. Due to this Sofia experience four distinct seasons which are fairly accurate to predict. The summers are long and hot, whilst the winters are cold and filled with snow, though slight abnormalities in the seasonal weather have been known to occur.
I don't want four distinct seasons. I'm done with them. I don't want to have to own thick coats, boots, hats, gloves, scarves and all the shite I have to wear right now. I want to be free in thinner clothes all year round too. Snow is not my thing!

Spain for example:

Quote:
Considering the geographical situation weather in Spain is divided into three major climatic zones namely the Mediterranean climate, the semiarid climate and the Maritime climate. Usually the Mediterranean climate brings hot summers and pleasant winters in Spain. The average high stands at mid thirties in the summer months while the low drops to single digit in winter. The semiarid weather features somewhat hotter summer with the average high temperature of 42°C. On the other hand, Maritime weather features much enjoyable summer and winter. Frosts are very much common during the winter months.
http://www.worldweatheronline.com/spain-weather.aspx

What do you think of a place like this for example? I found it in the first link I gave you.

https://www.kyero.com/en/property/31...sale-la-galera
Old 21-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #13
scottishryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
I went there 3 years ago with family at end of May and it was really hot. It is really cheap there and plenty of stalls and food places to peruse at leisure.Costs about £1.00 a pint for beer and it's really cheap to eat out as well.

If you get a chance try and visit the 3,000-year-old site of Nessebar, we took a little train ride, which the kids loved and went there for the day.

It's beautiful there ,lots of market stalls and the heavy scent of burning joss sticks wafting in the air combined with the heat made for a heady day trip.

I picked up some really cool pieces of pottery and a large bag of saffron which was really cheap so really chuffed , still got some left.

The downside is the poverty, people begging.

Another positive is , although there were a lot of young groups of party people, we never saw a hint of trouble, the place is buzzing all night long and most folk just want to have fun. Hope the weather is good when you go and you have a wonderful time
Oh, thanks for that! Sounds really good. Apparently the hotel I'm in is just up the road from Nessebar and the wee train stops outside. Out with my family in the house here, My Dad, Uncle and his parter are going too.

We go mid May too so fingers crossed with weather.

Looking forward to it even more now

My NEW Book (Paranormal): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unseen-Worl...A0DXGPP2JGAGHG
scottishryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 03:48 PM   #14
adralicus

Quote:
are you better at a language like Spanish, or would you be better at Bulgarian?
I can't speak either of them. I can speak a reasonable amount of French and very small amount of German.

I'm not sure I could handle the summer heat though. I find I'm most comfortable around 22° but no more. Although that place looks very nice and the scenery a bit like a spaghetti Western :-)

The place I was looking at in Bulgaria is less than half the price although it is very remote and I'm a bit worried about the wild boars and bears
Old 21-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #15
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
I can't speak either of them. I can speak a reasonable amount of French and very small amount of German.

I'm not sure I could handle the summer heat though. I find I'm most comfortable around 22° but no more. Although that place looks very nice and the scenery a bit like a spaghetti Western :-)

The place I was looking at in Bulgaria is less than half the price although it is very remote and I'm a bit worried about the wild boars and bears

Wow, sounds very cheap! Sounds like you'd prefer a cooler climate.

Boars and bears!! Crikey!
Old 25-03-2016, 12:36 AM   #16
magritte

Quote:

As someone else said it get very hot in Bulgaria too. Went in March one year and it was already over 30 degrees though it was apparently unusual.

If you went to the right place in Spain or Portugal (which is also very cheap) you would get more maritime influence which would keep the weather more moderate.

If you know a bit of French then Spanish would be easier to learn as there would be more similar words. Though the Bulgarians do say 'merci' and 'ciao' which is easy.

Last edited by magritte; 25-03-2016 at 12:38 AM.
magritte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2016, 01:30 PM   #17
insert_name

We got the hell out of the UK in 2014 and came here to live in Bulgaria. I've no intention of ever going back, we love this place too much. It's still ridiculously cheap, beer is actually about 40p a pint (from supermarkets). You can get draught beer, hot dogs and burgers in Lidl car parks, they put ashtrays on the tables outside petrol stations - and incidentally, when oil prices go down, so does the price of petrol and gas here. No traffic jams, big houses with massive gardens and they all have plenty of outbuildings, way better weather than the UK. Sure, winter can get cold but the really cold snaps only last a week or two. Anyway, we all have log burners (petchkas) so the house is hot, not just warm.

Fruit trees are everywhere (we have 40 in our garen) so if you go for a walk in summer or autumn you can eat your fill on the way round. No chewing gum all over the floor, hardly any litter, no traffic wardens (you never have to pay to park anyway) and an easy thing about the language is that every letter only makes one sound. Learn the sounds then when you read the words it's easy to pronounce them correctly. We're not pensioners and have very little income but we get by fine. Pensioners do really well out here.

Last edited by insert_name; 29-04-2016 at 01:32 PM.
insert_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 05:29 AM   #18
better21

I'll tell you that you made the right choice. The country is beautiful and clean. The sea is just lovely!
better21 is offline   Reply With Quote