Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News

Old 07-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
kaiser

Default Bricking it

Oh dear bit of a none story perhaps, maybe they want to fool us that the economy is in fact improving despite the ECB cutting rates and talking about quantitative easing whilst the EU enters recession again...

apparently there is a shortage of bricks now hindering the resurging home building going on... Anybody want to buy a brick?

Now I live in a small Lincolnshire town that the population has nearly doubled in the last ten years due to a development on the edge of town and several smaller ones within but the town centre like many town centres is dying. They built a new "town centre" here and it was completed a good 6 mths ago if not longer, to date all the new units stand empty "to let" and the flats above have sold but nobody has moved in yet, by the looks of it i smell rent seekers!

Nationwide brick shortage forcing Lincolnshire firms to order a year in advance

Building firms are being forced to order bricks up to a year in advance due to a nationwide shortage.
Brick production slowed during the recession as manufacturers sought to cut costs and worker numbers to survive.
Now the economy is picking up and new developments are coming forward, demand for bricks is increasing, but manufacturers are struggling to keep up.
Construction companies across Lincolnshire claim the shortage is causing delays and the situation has become so bad that building materials have become a target for thieves.
According to the Markit and CIPS UK Construction PMI report released in August, Lincolnshire is part of the sharpest UK increase in house building since 2003.

More:

www.sleafordtarget.co.uk/Nationwide-brick-shortage-forcing-Lincolnshire/story-22869402-detail/story.html

---------------------------------------------

But there was a shortage of bricks way back in 2000 when times where good?

Construction delays stack up as builders deal with brick shortages

If you are noticing more rock and stucco homes and buildings being built these days than you used to -- it's not your imagination.
In the face of a nationwide brick shortage, residential and commercial builders are turning to other materials for the outer layer of their newest projects.
Shahab Mohsein, estimator and purchaser for Japhet Custom Homes, says his firm is doing a larger amount of rock and stucco exteriors this year than brick.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanantoni....html?page=all
For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. ........Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

Now choose; Red or Blue.

Last edited by kaiser; 07-09-2014 at 01:34 PM.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
kaiser

Is There Really a Brick Shortage? err no... Its like any commodity, keep it rare and keep the price up ;-)

21st August 2014

In this time of recovery for the housing sector, many contractors are finding it increasingly difficult to source essential building materials from suppliers. The increase in demand for bricks appears to have led to a nationwide shortage in this staple building material.
In a recent article on their website, the RICS claim that order periods are getting longer resulting in a short term problem for contractors. They also claim that some of the larger contractors and house building companies have used buying power to secure their supply, which will exacerbate the problem for others.
Some large brick manufacturers have been able to open up old production lines to increase production capacity and many have continued production during the winter in an attempt to meet the rising demand.
The Brick Development Association (BDA) sees no reason why brick factories will not be able to cope with increased production. They believe that contractors are now used to large stocks being immediately available as they were during the recession. The advice from the BDA is that contractors and building firms should return to planning their deliveries and placing orders well in advance to prevent any delays to their scheduled works.
This view is reinforced by the Department of Business Innovation and Skills (BIS), whose statistics on brick production, deliveries and stocks show that over the past year production has risen 17%. They also report that deliveries have been higher than production for most of this period resulting in a fall in stocks of 25%. Currently stocks represent only two months of demand compared to three months one year ago and seven months at the height of the recession.
One thing that is not in doubt is that the increased demand for bricks has affected prices for this crucial component. A 6% to 8% price increase in June 2014 has been recorded from a major brick manufacturer and the Producer Price Index for bricks (produced by BIS) shows an increase in manufacturer prices of8.5% in the year to June 2014.

http://www.sibleypares.co.uk/news/brick-shortage
For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. ........Ecclesiastes 1:17-18

Now choose; Red or Blue.

Last edited by kaiser; 07-09-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
dentedarthur
Banned

In china, they can print 10 houses a day for less than $5000 each
dentedarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
kaiser

Yeah well remembered man!!

They just built a mcdonalds here and had it open and running from a green field in about 3 weeks, it was mostly pre fab from what i could see which is interesting since they just shut down the massive tarmac site down the road which used to make pre fab sections.

I bet the chinese could print a mcdonands in an afternoon but they have more sence as do the Russians.

Now choose; Red or Blue.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
the apprentice
Inactive

What is happening today is, town centres are already flooded with cheap crap and the big label shops, they cannot insert any more, so they now move to secure the semi rural areas. Just out of town near Scotch Corner is a large development to build 90 + new retail units just off of the A1, the service roads are already under way to build cheap framed units that can be torn down quickly if needed.

Also in Catterick Garrison, is a similar development being erected, here are 700employed by the agency, no money spared to get the job done on time.

No shortage of bricks and fools who will neglect their local economy for the cheap bling, sad but true.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedarthur View Post
In china, they can print 10 houses a day for less than $5000 each
Got the links DD.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #7
dentedarthur
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by super glue View Post
Got the links DD.
http://youtu.be/SObzNdyRTBs

http://youtu.be/aQ_WqvjJtDw

Last edited by dentedarthur; 07-09-2014 at 01:34 PM.
dentedarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #8
the apprentice
Inactive

Default A builder and his thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz-WwBmYVgk
Old 07-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #9
kaiser

Excellant afternoon viewing thanks for posting Superglue.

So not only do entitys lobby government and pay for legislation they also buy legislation made by government to generate revenue for the governemnt thats how bankers turn the screw and why police officers enforce this crap against there oaths to the people.

wow

Now choose; Red or Blue.

Last edited by kaiser; 07-09-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:22 AM   #10
motleyhoo

It's like diesel here in the US. Once the cheapest fuel to use, it's now the most expensive. They know if they control the supply they can control the price. It's been going on with diamonds for decades.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #11
busa

Kaiser,
Many years ago during the last recession c1990 the brick manufacturers stopped keeping large stocks of bricks. Due to cost of storage and general money saving needs.
A lot of bricks are now only made when they receive and order.

During the recession the brick manufactures shut down some of their brick ovens which is a bad thing. Often those ovens have run for years and they are very old. Once they are shut down they are very hard to get going again.

So as far as the brick manufacturers are concerned unless they can see a long term pick up in orders, they will make do with the lesser number of working ovens they have rather than face the costs of restarting old ovens which may well require some serious spending. There will be a backlog of orders in making bricks.

The builidng is still skidding along the bottom and desperate for skilled staff because of this fake recovery which has seen borrowing rise to pay for new infrastructure projects. (Same as Labour did).

There is no point joining the building industry because there are jobs for a few years and then no jobs for a few years in a 10 to 12 year cycle. Its been like that for decades, thats why there has been a skills shortage since the mid 1990s. Everyone fucked off out of it because its not a viable career for bringing up a family and buillding yourself a future.

Most skilled construction professionals have either fucked off and left the industry or working abroad. The UK does not value its skilled and highly trained professionals and that is common knowledge in the construction professions. At the same time as constantly whinging about the lack of skilled staff the construction sector like most others will not pay to train the staff that it desperately needs DURR.
The professions in the UK are seriously retarded with their business models and recruitment process.
When I went for interviews it was normal practise for the employer to say "we cant get skilled staff like you for love nor money, when can you start?" then they still treat you like a complete cnut.

Had one company who desperately wanted me to work there, but I only wanted part time 3 days a week. Their haughty response through the technical agency was that they could not afford to have a computer sat not earning for 2 days a week so I had got to work full time. The dozy cnuts had not found the staff they wanted in over 12 months !!! After weeks of the employer arguing with the agent that they would only have me full time and not part time, I got bored, had enough and told the agent, if they are so worried about their poxy second hand computer being redundant for 2 days a week, then have it redundant 5 days a week. Goodbye.

The next week I had an interview with an ex army guy turned Architect and the younger partner in the practise. we got on great in the interview, same proactive and experienced mindset. Job done as far as I was concerned Then the senior partner fell through the door 1/2 and hour late and ran through the entire interview again. Typicla old school fossilised arrogant partner. He rebooted the whole interview and started questioning whether my CV was truthfull about the work and experience I have. I was thinking you stupid old cnut, who the hell do you thnk you are? I have 10 letters after my name to his 4 and mine carry infinitely more clout on any building site. His younger business partner was visibly cringing at his questions. Well the angry arrogant old fossil finally asked me what was the minimum wage I would accept? Bearing in mind they were desperate for highly skilled people !! Had empty seats for months and months. I did not accept his ignorance and arrogance.
His office closed down within months. No shit.

Had the same in 2000 when I was trying to recruit skilled technical staff for a new office for one of the UKs top five UK design companies. I/we could not find staff for love nor money. So I resigned from the company because it wasn't going to work and I told them why. They closed that office soon after.
Since 2000 the skills shortage hasnt got any better, its got worse.
We havent got the skills present anymore to climb us out of any recession.
All the very skilled people I have worked with over the years are working in the far east and earning a mint.

This is the level of stupidity you are up against all the time in the construction professions, it so thick and retarded.

The construction industry knows what its problems are, it just lacks any intention to resolve them. Its a big inertia problem. Too reluctant to value its staff and pay the wages they should.

Construction news last week was saying the high salaries in the skilled construction worker sector due to the chronic skills shortage are unsustainable. WTF? Supply and demand dictates mate !
Pay up and shut up until the next recession when they will dump all of their skilled staff without a thought anway.

Then throw into the equation the illegal black list of construction industry workers which has never been resolved fully. Why fucking bother joining it? Seriously.

Ghostwolf & the Hopi Elders

Last edited by busa; 10-09-2014 at 08:18 AM.
busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #12
sambrokyl

Quote:
Where did John Harris go? I remember he was trying to work out how to get his self removed form the system by getting his birth certificate annulled. Maybe not annulled but he was trying to disconnect himself as a human from the legal entity that was his birth certificate. I've always found this interesting as I agree with him, we are all just slaves of the limited company that is the government and we are all walking around like zombies just accepting this as if it's normal.
sambrokyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #13
h2pogo
Inactive

I remember reading the biggest uk brick factory closed down around 07-08 with the so called credit crunch..not enough demand i suppose , now if true there is a shortage the brick price will rise putting up the price of housing even more till it becomes uven more unafordable, or less houses are built as they are noit selling as no one can afford them, so there is less supply and the prices will keep rising as there will always be enough muppets to pay the going rate with bankster credit, this is surley a fine example of how hyperinflation comes about and a fiat currency dies?

when people cant afford to live in a home the system has surley failed?
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #14
the tealady
Forum Advisor

It wouldn't be the first time there was a faked shortage to jack the prices up.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #15
kaiser

Busa, thanks for the reply. Fossils destroying the ecenomy with there short sighted vision or lack of it.

Its just what happens in an economy like ours when there is no confidence and/or the the manager or business owner sets minimum annual profit targets and leaves no money for investment, its very short sighted driven by the desire to have instant profit annually without investing anything back. I know i got fed up as a manager in the food industry as couldnt do a capital spend without returning the money within 6 mths no excuses, no interest in long term development just about instant profit and watching the bottom line, most bosses couldnt give a fuck beyond a year ahead now nobody seems interested in developing the future by investing in it. And so Atlas shrugged.

Now choose; Red or Blue.

Last edited by kaiser; 10-09-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
wildhorse

Quote:
What is happening today is, town centres are already flooded with cheap crap and the big label shops, they cannot insert any more, so they now move to secure the semi rural areas. Just out of town near Scotch Corner is a large development to build 90 + new retail units just off of the A1, the service roads are already under way to build cheap framed units that can be torn down quickly if needed.

Also in Catterick Garrison, is a similar development being erected, here are 700employed by the agency, no money spared to get the job done on time.

No shortage of bricks and fools who will neglect their local economy for the cheap bling, sad but true.
youre not far from me

but its sad watching the landscape get butchered and replaced with retail parks that no-one needs but the capitalists.

The money flung at these developments is mind blowing.

I would love to see that money regenerate the cities and make them pleasant and trendy and safe places to live, putting that money towards investing in people and their lives. But no, councils want their stake of the pie even if that means cutting into what little nature we have left.

No district is safe from the greed.

Makes me sick.
wildhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #17
wildhorse

busa that was quite a post.

infuriating isnt it.

wildhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #18
busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhorse View Post
busa that was quite a post.

infuriating isnt it.

It was annoying, it makes no sense for a range of professions associated with the construction industry to have a common nonsensical attitude towards staff.
Particularly when you consider this is a highly educated, skilled and intelligent field.
I cannot deal with a certain level of stupidity.
When I say that stupidity is global and it transcends all levels of education, wealth and title, this is the truth.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #19
reverendjim
Inactive

"just in time" inventory...its the big thing the last decade...maybe longer.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #20
busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Busa, thanks for the reply. Fossils destroying the ecenomy with there short sighted vision or lack of it.

Its just what happens in an economy like ours when there is no confidence and/or the the manager or business owner sets minimum annual profit targets and leaves no money for investment, its very short sighted driven by the desire to have instant profit annually without investing anything back. I know i got fed up as a manager in the food industry as couldnt do a capital spend without returning the money within 6 mths no excuses, no interest in long term development just about instant profit and watching the bottom line, most bosses couldnt give a fuck beyond a year ahead now nobody seems interested in developing the future by investing in it. And so Atlas shrugged.
The old boys network is the kiss of death for the future of industry and commerce.
Slow, dated, arrogant and pig headed. Most of them failed to grasp the IT era from when it first kicked in during the mid 90s.
The old fossils network is a major handicap to the progress and development of this country.

I see in the construction news media today kaiser, the major housebuilders are saying the short term house building bonanza this year will finish at the end of the year.
Back to low or no growth in housing in 2015