Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Old 12-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
chris

Default Contemplation

I thought I’d write something about the most tried and tested form of meditation that again seems to be very much overlooked because people are always trying fancy ‘explosive’ things and fail even to create a spark.

Firstly just think about what happens when you are given a problem to solve or something to remember. You ask yourself ‘How do I do this’ and then your brain somehow searches for the answer, are you aware which neurons you are searching? Not likely, you just seem to do it. Whether you are looking inside your brain or channelling definitions from the 13th dimension, it doesn’t matter what you believe, it somehow comes to you.

Small problems and little memories are like easy to contemplate on, you will think for a few seconds or minutes you will have formulate an answer.

However large concepts come to you in a much slower way which is probably why people do not bother and only perhaps philosophers, artists, musicians or poets try to capture them and try to make something more concrete out of them. Even those most of these are completely bogus thanks to our conditioning (especially artists and musicians).

A thing where most religions, fads and bogus philosophies go wrong is they pretend to know when they really don’t…For instance scientology and NLP thinks it knows how the mind works, Christianity thinks it knows what forgiveness is and some Hindu guru’s thinks they can teach what love is. The only way you can learn these concepts is through actual experience and even then it’s very unlikely you will get the full picture. The question is how can we learn them? It’s pretty simple.

The technique…

Quote:
Think of a concept such as ‘wisdom,’ ‘truth’ or ‘nature’ and then ask yourself…What is ‘wisdom?’ And then contemplate on it.
It’s a bit like when Jesus was asked ‘What is truth’ and he answered with silence.

You have really got to ask yourself truthfully, arrogant people will think they know such a concept and will not ask it properly eventually you will get to the point that you will realise that you don’t have the foggiest idea of what it is…

When you realise you really have no clue of what it is that is when you will receive the most understanding. After a while you will realise that you do not know much at all which is quite humbling.

You may not receive answers straight away just like when you decide to leave a problem and go for a walk you might receive the answer there…These concepts are huge and you will not be able to wrap your head around them like you can with a mathematical puzzle. Just keep your eye’s open a lot of definitions come while you dream.

After years these concepts will become like vortexes sucking in all other definitions around them so to use them in better analogies which can be very poetic.

People have built up these definitions in the collective psyche and have mapped them out which is why there are correspondence charts out there which you could use to contemplate on. These charts might be like a painting pallet with the major colours on to be used and mixed together to make more diverse colours…It’s best to start with the primary colours first.

Do not just do positive things; also contemplate fear and hate, it’s important to know.

Whatever you do not fake answers, love him or loath him Aleister Crowley was onto something when he said ‘He shall fall down into the pit called Because, and there he shall perish with the dogs of reason. Now a curse upon Because and his kin! May Because be accursed forever!’

Let’s say you want to try a positive affirmation (which I personally think is a waste of time) you will however be able to create a lot more energy behind it with a great understanding of the concepts you use.

Anyway, this is so simple but perhaps too simple and is overlooked but the benefit from gaining such understanding is immense.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
chris

Treat the idea as an actual problem and ask your question and then search for the answer, it doesn't matter if an answer doesn't come. In time it will do.

You've got to search for the answer though, don't just ask the question and then space out, treat it as you would a riddle.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
drgonzo
Inactive

I don't know how to respond other than to say "thank you that was a most intresting read". But when I read that back to myself it doesn't seem to convey my meaning very well. I could say I agree with you, but that seems just as futile an expression as the former, none the less, if it means anything at all, I appreciate the "wisdom" that you have presented here. As to what context I use the word "wisdom", I myself do not know.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
seamus

Chris,
You are a blepharon of the first degree. (blepharon means "he that hath great eyebrows", an obsolete meaning for this word)

I like the post too!

s

seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
I don't know how to respond other than to say "thank you that was a most intresting read". But when I read that back to myself it doesn't seem to convey my meaning very well. I could say I agree with you, but that seems just as futile an expression as the former, none the less, if it means anything at all, I appreciate the "wisdom" that you have presented here. As to what context I use the word "wisdom", I myself do not know.
It's very simple but I rarely see it broken down so I thought I'd put it in these terms.

Ever here a Tibetan (or maybe Yoda) say 'Meditate on this' well essentially they are refering to this technique.

It annoys me so much when I hear Guru's miss out the basics and concentrate over 90% on their lame techniques. I just think they are trying to make money off of them.

It is the same when they breeze over the relaxation techniques when they should be making their students master the relaxation techniques before they move onto higher techniques, which I'll write about next.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Chris,
You are a blepharon of the first degree. (blepharon means "he that hath great eyebrows", an obsolete meaning for this word)

I like the post too!

s

Thanks! I read a buddhist scripture once that described an immortal and it basically describes Pai Mai from Kill Bill.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #7
chris

Another reason why most philosophies are so lacking is because the Guru might be talented but the students aren’t so the Guru will get a lot out of his techniques but his students will not. Basics are the most important thing. After you have broadened your horizons by using this technique (and others) then all other techniques will be a lot easier.

Information will come to you in various ways…Firstly an idea will pop into your head with a feeling of understanding just like a eureka moment but don’t get too excited about this as it’s pretty much the most basic. A lot of times you will be doing something and you might hear a voice in your ear using the thing you are doing as a metaphor to convey meaning about an earlier meditation. A lot of ideas come by dreams.

I’ll use this analogy; imagine the concepts such as love as forces of nature or energy and when you think about them you will learn how to tap into it’s energy. This is why this technique is far more powerful than the newage ‘Create a blissfull feeling’ technique which is usually an insult to the real feeling anyway. When you really do make a good contact then you will probably receive many symbols or analogies and feeling. If you are thinking of love then that is what you may feel, if power or strength you may feel invincible with huge courage and if you are contemplating wisdom you might feel like you are a million years old.

Here’s another pointer…Do not ask the question like a brain dead mantra or chant…This is a question you are asking, so search for an answer. It is a dynamic meditation.

Last edited by chris; 12-02-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:04 AM   #8
tru3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I thought I’d write something about the most tried and tested form of meditation that again seems to be very much overlooked because people are always trying fancy ‘explosive’ things and fail even to create a spark.

Firstly just think about what happens when you are given a problem to solve or something to remember. You ask yourself ‘How do I do this’ and then your brain somehow searches for the answer, are you aware which neurons you are searching? Not likely, you just seem to do it. Whether you are looking inside your brain or channelling definitions from the 13th dimension, it doesn’t matter what you believe, it somehow comes to you.

Small problems and little memories are like easy to contemplate on, you will think for a few seconds or minutes you will have formulate an answer.

However large concepts come to you in a much slower way which is probably why people do not bother and only perhaps philosophers, artists, musicians or poets try to capture them and try to make something more concrete out of them. Even those most of these are completely bogus thanks to our conditioning (especially artists and musicians).

A thing where most religions, fads and bogus philosophies go wrong is they pretend to know when they really don’t…For instance scientology and NLP thinks it knows how the mind works, Christianity thinks it knows what forgiveness is and some Hindu guru’s thinks they can teach what love is. The only way you can learn these concepts is through actual experience and even then it’s very unlikely you will get the full picture. The question is how can we learn them? It’s pretty simple.

The technique…

It’s a bit like when Jesus was asked ‘What is truth’ and he answered with silence.

You have really got to ask yourself truthfully, arrogant people will think they know such a concept and will not ask it properly eventually you will get to the point that you will realise that you don’t have the foggiest idea of what it is…

When you realise you really have no clue of what it is that is when you will receive the most understanding. After a while you will realise that you do not know much at all which is quite humbling.

You may not receive answers straight away just like when you decide to leave a problem and go for a walk you might receive the answer there…These concepts are huge and you will not be able to wrap your head around them like you can with a mathematical puzzle. Just keep your eye’s open a lot of definitions come while you dream.

After years these concepts will become like vortexes sucking in all other definitions around them so to use them in better analogies which can be very poetic.

People have built up these definitions in the collective psyche and have mapped them out which is why there are correspondence charts out there which you could use to contemplate on. These charts might be like a painting pallet with the major colours on to be used and mixed together to make more diverse colours…It’s best to start with the primary colours first.

Do not just do positive things; also contemplate fear and hate, it’s important to know.

Whatever you do not fake answers, love him or loath him Aleister Crowley was onto something when he said ‘He shall fall down into the pit called Because, and there he shall perish with the dogs of reason. Now a curse upon Because and his kin! May Because be accursed forever!’

Let’s say you want to try a positive affirmation (which I personally think is a waste of time) you will however be able to create a lot more energy behind it with a great understanding of the concepts you use.

Anyway, this is so simple but perhaps too simple and is overlooked but the benefit from gaining such understanding is immense.

good insights. the question i have used is, "what about this?" just keep asking the question, silently to myself.

i agree about affirmations, btw.

another interesting contemplation: ask, "how am i not being myself?" as the day's business is conducted. i found it very fruitful, especially when i interracted with people during the day.
tru3 is offline   Reply With Quote