Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
limelady
Inactive

Default Rick Strassman - THE SPIRIT DRUGS

Rick Strassman: The Spirit Drugs

Rick Strassman, the controversial author of DMT, the Spirit Molecule, explores the possibility that hallucinogenic drugs, particularly DMT, might open doors into other dimensions that are very real. Then Linda interviews a defense worker who saw a gray floating in the air above his head while he was on a work break!

Listen as Whitley Strieber asks him about the possible connection between DMT experiences and the alien abduction phenomenon.

They also explore the possibilty that hallucinogens might enable communication from mind to mind--not between human beings, but between us and beings who live either in other dimensions or possibly on other planets.

Rick is producing a new documentary about DMT research, and his book, DMT: the Spirit Molecule is a classic.

Listen free....(click "Listen Now" top right)
http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland/?id=331
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
tru3

[QUOTE=limelady;13529]
They also explore the possibilty that hallucinogens might enable communication from mind to mind--not between human beings, but between us and beings who live either in other dimensions or possibly on other planets.

QUOTE]

thanks for the reference. there are other ways to access an expanded awareness of reality besides drugs:

HOLOTROPIC BREATHWORKTM

Holotropic Breathwork is a kind of breathwork that uses a prescribed set and setting. Certified facilitators provide information about nonordinary states of consciousness before participation, and a format for the breathing that includes evocative music, a reciprocating partnership in sitting and breathing sessions, art, focused energy release work, and group sharing for integration. The name holotropic is derived from Greek roots meaning moving toward wholeness.

Many experiences arise in the process of this work, but having breathwork experiences per se, (or any particular experience, such as rebirth or ecstasy) is not the purpose. The goals are wholeness, healing, and wisdom. Experiences are the means to these goals. When the body and mind enter a holotropic state through controlled breathing, the inner wisdom uses the opportunity to work toward physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual healing, and developmental change. Holotropic Breathwork operates under the principle that we are our own best healers and that each of us has an Inner Healer which can best do its work in nonordinary states of consciousness.

Stanislav Grof, M.D. and his wife, Christina Grof, developed this powerful and natural technique in the mid-1970's from modern consciousness research and their study of ancient spiritual systems. In his book, Psychology of the Future, Grof puts it this way, "in holotropic states, we can transcend the narrow boundaries of the body ego and reclaim our full identity." Holotropic Breathwork assists this process by inducing the holotropic state and by creating a safe context for participants to reconnect with self, others, the natural world, and spirit. One aspect of safe set and setting is that Holotropic Breathwork is usually done in a group context. Much corrective work that includes body contact and touch can be done in the safety of a group, while this is more difficult in one on one settings.

Another aspect of the safe context is a fairly open-ended session format. A principle of the Holotropic method is to allow the Inner Healer what it needs in terms of time and support to process the deep material that arises as the breath opens up the system. The basic principle of this work is to let the breath do the work. Only when the breather feels stuck in some way does the facilitator take a role, taking his or her clues from the breather and encouraging the breather to amplify the existing symptoms. While energy and awareness are held in this area, the subject is encouraged to express fully his or her reaction, whichever form it takes.

The Holotropic Breathwork experience is, for the most part, internal and largely nonverbal, without interventions. Although practitioners suggest to breathers at the beginning of the session that they increase the pace of the breath, breathers are also encouraged to find their own pace and rhythm with the breath. Thus, after the breathwork session begins, breathers are not "coached" in any particular way of breathing. The practitioners begin to play evocative or rhythmic music as the breathing deepens.

http://www.breathwork.com/aboutholo.html

i'm not suggesting that anyone avoid dmt; in fact, grof experimented with lsd in the 60's for the same purpose, and when the drug was outlawed, he switched to other modalities. so, i merely share that in my experience, breathwork is a very powerful way to experience the multidimensional aspect of who we are.
tru3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 12:02 AM   #3
darkman
Inactive

DMT is Dimethyl Tryptamine = N,N Dimethyl 3-amino-ethyl indole. It is a powerful hallucinogen, the prototype of this class, and chemically related to psiloc(yb)in and more distantly to LSD. Dose: around 60 mg.

Method of ingestion:
Usually smoked (inactive orally at reasonable doses.) Can be combined with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) to make it orally active and increase the duration. Could be snuffed or or injected.

Duration of action:
2-5 minutes of peak, around half an hour of cruise. Side effects: Stimulation and tactile hallucination during trip. No perceivable after-effects. No known long term side effects. May be some link with schizophrenia, since it has been detected in vivo.

Illegal in USA, Australia, most places.

History:
Is a component of some snuffs used by South American natives. also used in combination with MAOIs (harmaline etc.).

Availability:
Very rarely available from dealers; rarely synthesised. Available from a range of natural sources.

Psychological effects:
A very intense but brief trip, not really euphoric. Can be frightening because of the sudden onset. Not really a party drug, rather an interesting experience. More intense than LSD, but hallucinations and perceptual changes are of a somewhat different nature.

(these are only my opinions and recollections)

There are three issues here which are a little confused:

1. strength in the sense of effective dose,
2. strength in terms of subjective intensity,
3. being a superior hallucinogen in some subjective sense.

Comparing DMT and LSD, the first is easy. The effective dose of LSD is around 100 ug, of DMT is around 60 mg, so in this sense, LSD is a much stronger hallucinogen.

In terms of intensity, they are difficult to compare. Part of the intensity of DMT stems from the fact that the onset is virtually instantaneous; one is taken from feeling normal to the peak of the trip in the space of a few seconds, and this can be totally disorienting and frightening. DMT does not have the euphoria of LSD, in fact it can be quite uncomfortable. Also, the smoking of DMT is quite unpleasant compared with eating some small object. The types of hallucinations experienced within the peak of the DMT trip differ markedly from those in the peak of the LSD trip. This difference is very hard to describe, although one might contrast the dripping flowing colourful experience of LSD with the DMT visuals in which everything becomes super sharp to the point of being ripped into fragments, like placing a photo in a blender. There is some colour enhancement, but it is more like lightning-bolts of colour rather than flowing ripples of colour, and colours may be actually entirely changed and several multiple images seen at once.

The 20-30 minute come-down of DMT is similar in experience and intensity to a small dose of LSD, however one is likely to be too shattered by the initial peak to worry about this much. The account Bob posted is highly subjective and metaphorical (as is this one, I suppose) and I doubt that many people would experience DMT in the way described there. However, extending the duration of DMT by the use of monoamineoxidase inhibitors (Ayahuasca,Yage,etc.) is supposed to be a very intense experience and could give one time to become more involved in it. It is possible to lose all contact with the senses and the world briefly while on DMT, as it is, e.g. from a combination of nitrous oxide and LSD. Also, psiloc(yb)in seems to have some similarity to DMT whilst retaining similarity to LSD, in that during the psilocin experience one can be transported into a different reality, although one which is still definitely based sensually on this one, and not be able to remember or understand everday reality. Other hallucinogenic experiences, e.g. the delerium caused by anti-cholinergics, might be still more intense than DMT in terms of being completely removed from traditional reality, but I don't think anyone would recommend experimenting with these dangerous substances.

In terms of which is the superior hallucinogen, it depends on your taste. DMT is very interesting and extremely intense, but not necessarily pleasant. LSD has more potential for pure recreation. Most people would probably prefer LSD as a recreational hallucinogen, and it would be ill-advised for someone who was not very familiar with coping with the intensity of LSD to be thrust into the intensity of DMT. On the other hand, if you don't like DMT, you only have to hang on for a few minutes, whereas if you don't like LSD you have to hang on for several hours.

This is, of course, apart from the dosage, all subjective.

152.94.1.10 (L`HOMBRE INVISIBLE) writes:

>INDOLE ETHYLAMINES
>------------------
>Many plants contains psychedelic tryptamines :

> Piptadenia Peregrina
> Phalaris Grundinacea
> Mimosa hostillis
> Desmanthes illioiensis
> Arundo Donax
> etc.

>The DMT/5-methoxy-DMT ... is often located in the roots of the plant

Depends on the species - some contain it in the leaves or the bark.

>My question is :
>Is it possible to smoke the plant-material directly or do you have to
>exctract it first ?.

I don't know as much about 5-Me-O DMT as DMT. THere is an important difference, which is the dose. The former is effective at about 5mg-10mg from memory, the latter at 30-60mg. Thus, it is possible to obtain sufficient 5-Me-O DMT from smoking some impure unrefined sources (such as the poison of Bufo alvarius).. Considering DMT as opposed to 5-Me-O DMT (which is IMHO by far the more desirable material), and recalling that most people find the peak of a DMT trip only to last a very few minutes after smoking (i.e. you have to smoke it all at once, within a few tokes, to obtain the peak) you can easily calculate the necessary purity. Let us say, that one is capable of smoking 100mg of material in a few seconds. THis means that a DMT containing mixture should be at least 30% pure to get sufficient effect, and a 5-Me-O DMT mixture should be at least 5% pure. In actual fact, it is not quite as bad as this, because if you are using a free-base pipe, you can get away with lower purities because the DMT is quite volatile, so initially, the smoking process will concentrate the DMT.

Comparing this to plant matter, which might be e.g. 0.3% DMT, and you see at once, that you would need to smoke about 10 g in a few seconds which is unrealistic. Hence, chemical purification is necessary.

The alternative is to take the plant source orally in combination with the hallucinogenic monoamineoxidase inhibitor harmaline (and related alkaloids). These are most readily obtained from Peganum harmala (or Banisteriopsis caapi) and serve to activate and potentiate tryptamines, increasing intensity and duration and giving oral activity to DMT.

> What are the effects (Like the pure stuff (DMT)) ?

A small amount gives a wierd feeling in the body and some perceptual change. A larger amount gives strong body feelings and heavy visual effects , somewhat similar to LSD, but much more based around geometry, and changes of shape perception. A very large dose is totally awesome, and people's responses differ, from catatonia, to screaming, to total ecstasy. Some people describe it as a religious experience. Many people find they completely leave our universe for the duration, which is generally up to 5 minutes, with residual effects up to half an hour.

>Which plant(s) are best suited ? (Highest in DMT)

There are various possibilities. Since chemical purification is generally necessary, the plant content is not vitally important. Most important is supply - the best species is one which grows locally, and in the US, the best source is probably Desmanthus illinoensis.

{In article <1992 Dec22. (Curious Furious) writes:

> Hi knowledgeable folks,
> I have a few questions from a FOAF:
>
> 1) When smoking DMT what is the LD50 ? Can it cause a heart attack?

Certainly much higher than the amount beyond which one would have no concept of what a pipe, DMT, oneself, etc. is. Also much higher than the amount one could get into ones body by smoking before it was metabolised. I imagine that even if one hooked oneself to a machine which continously fed oxygen, nitrogen, and DMT vapour it would still be hard to _physically_ overdose. As for heart attack, I have no idea. I can imagine being scared to death (literally).

> 2) Has anyone tried doing DMT while on MDMA ? Any complications ?

No idea. However, one of the most striking things about DMT is its brutalness - the rush from completely baseline to another universe in about five seconds. Starting off baseline does little to alter the peak (which tends to override anything) but alters the severity of the onset.

> > 3) Has anyone tried doing DMT while on 'rooms? Any complications ?

Yup - similar to above, except moreso. It takes a large dose for the effects of the DMT to become visible over the effects of the trip (likewise for LSD). Also, it is harder to trip on DMT post psilocybin or LSD, since there is some cross tolerence.

Some combinations with DMT are worthwhile. A couple of beers beforehand bluntens and deadens a little which can be very helpful. A good amount of heads will add to the visual impact, and a good amount of hash will ad to the wierdness and otherness. N2O & DMT is interesting, but the combination is generally intense enough to cause amnesia, and lack of any kind of regular consciousness for the period of intoxication.

> > 4) In the book _Archaic Revival_, Terence McKenna mentions some studies > that found that DMT is produced heavily while in the deepest stages > of sleep. Anybody have a reference for that?

Interesting concept. Like much of McKenna's work, I expect that the science to back him up is scanty, non-existant, or occasionally wrong. Makes for a good story, though.

> 5) Since DMT is a naturally occurring substance in the human body,
> if a machine was created which could extract DMT from your own
> blood, would that machine be considered illegal?

My limited understanding of US law suggests that if humans contain DMT then their entire weight can be counted as DMT (since the carrier weight can be included) Such a theoretical machine as you suggest would be covered by paraphernalia laws?

> 6) Can any MAOI be used to render DMT active orally?

Lamont is the expert on this, and he says yes. I am not convinced, and I don't think there is any proper research published on the subject. Even in the case of the traditional harmaline/DMT interaction, the scientific data is minimal, and it is surmise only that the DMT is orally activated by the MAOI effect of the harmaline and not by some other effect. I hope someone else will fill in the missing details.

> > thank you for your time.
darkman is offline   Reply With Quote