Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio

Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
mahabaratara

Default Lost Teachings of Atlantis...

Hi its been quite a while...

I am reading this little trinket at the minute but will reserve the right to review when I have finished it...Interesting nevertheless...

Moderators please note this Public domain...

Download here...

From....

http://www.atlantis.to/

The reviews....

Its been changing my life:

http://www.aypsite.org/
mahabaratara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
rossus

don't get misleaded by good reviews, often the people who write good reviews are "friends" of the author of the book... or just people who are not very experienced in spirituality... and they read one book and they say "wow this is the best book ever"

i took a quick look through a couple of chapters and it's not my cup of tea.
looks like the author "borrowed" a lot from ADVAITA VEDANTA a.k.a. ZEN a.k.a. living in the NOW, and he calls this "the lost teachings of Atlantis"

i am sure there is some truth in this book... as i have recognized it,
but there is also disinfo which will add more illusion to your beliefs...

for example:
the book talks a little bit about for achieving enlightenment... YOU need to do something.
YOU must experience death and to speed up this process you must
"look for go into the dark and when you see the white light you must go to the light"

this is a big lie. to achieve enlightenment, you must stop trying to achieve. you must stop doing anything;
stop looking for your Self in thought, in the future, in the past or some other place.
But look at yourself NOW who is already HERE.
enlightenment is already here. it is not something you must become,
it is that which you really are... what you have always been.
even when you believed yourself to be something other than what you are.

perhaps this book is not that bad in getting some insight into yourself, other people, or life in general. but to get the big insight, to experience the enlightenment that you are... it is probably a bad book. because there's crap written in it, that will make you believe that you are something other than who you already are.

if you are looking for enlightenment, i'd recommend the book in my signature.
if you are looking for a good meditation technique, i'd recommend http://users.telenet.be/psy/muziek ---- learn meditation.
use that file as a guide for 2 to 10 times and then try meditating without the file. "simply allow everything to be as it is" - and watch your true self naturally reveal itself to you once again.

"Throw away profit and greed, and there won't be any thieves." - Laozi

Last edited by rossus; 12-06-2007 at 10:43 PM.
rossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #3
mahabaratara

Well I have read quite a bit of it...Some of it resonates some of it dosent...

But some of the concepts presented therein make you take a step back and think about *yourself*...

Still it is just a book and I know that to know self you have to self reflect (meditate)...

But the lastime I did that a whole can of worms opened...I will in time but I need to understand the mechanisms and energies involved...

Old 13-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
jaanus
Inactive

What a great book, thank you so much for sharing this.

This is exactly what David Icke says: "Invinite love is the only truth, everything else is an illusion". This book goes directly into the core and gives numerous, yet simple examples in a way that, everybody can understand with little or no effort (such as those who don't speak english natively, are lazy and/or are not so bright people as myself )

I can't leave this UNQUOTED:

Quote:
There was a man who died and was being taken to heaven
by angels. The angels said to him, “We are going to take you
to heaven, but first we will show you hell.”
The angels then took him to a place where there was a
great bowl, so great that it was as big as a lake. The bowl
was filled with a nutritious stew. All the way around the
sides of this bowl were people. Emaciated, starving, miserable
people. These people had spoons to eat the stew with, and the
spoons were long enough to reach the stew (about 12 feet). The
trouble was, while they could scoop up the stew into the spoon,
they could not get it into their mouths because the spoons were
too long. So here were all these pathetic people, suffering and
moaning in agony, constantly trying to eat the food that was
abundantly in front of them - all in vain. Next, the angels
took the man to heaven. To his surprise, he saw the same scene!
There it was, a giant lake-like bowl of the same stew, surrounded
by people with 12 foot long spoons. Yet something was
different here - all these people were smiling, happy, and
healthy looking!
“Why? What is the difference here that these people are
happy and well fed?”, the man said to the angels.
They replied, “Have you not eyes to see?”. The man looked
more carefully, and observed that one person would scoop up
the stew, and bring it to the mouth of another. Then someone
else would scoop up stew and feed it to the other.
The angels smiled and said, “Here the people feed each
other. Here are the people that learned the way of Love.”
jaanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #5
cheeb
Banned

Default de illusion

Fool!
There was no Atlantis,
It was a volcanic eruption on Thera(Santorini)
That consequently caused the collapse of the Minoans Civilisation on Crete
Plato's Atlantis was a secondhand account, some 600 years in the future

It was fictionalised as a utopian society in Plato's Republic

Anyone can give sentemental accounts on how to gain entrance into heaven.

Why organised religions have been doing it for years.

New age fallacies are less valid

We can see through them NOW

What with being less myopic (or summat)

pttp
POE
cheeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #6
mahabaratara

Like anything else if it fits take it and if it dosent move on...

Its actually about the lost teachings of atlantis...Hence the name...Not about the physical place...

Not that you read the book or anything...

Its about the Spirit...

Esoteric vs Exoteric...

Old 14-06-2007, 12:36 AM   #7
ho1ogram
Banned

I've got a borrowed copy of the book and I found it to be great.

There was some stuff in it that floored me like some of Icke's stuff has done before. There is some conpiracy info in there and some great stuff that is similar to the reptillian angle but a different take on it... I found it to be complementry to Icke's stuff.

The author said it was written for people in the conspiracy field because it emphasises that though it is important to know we have been scammed, the ultimate way out of this predicament is via unselfish love... if people recognise that we are all parts of the whole, who will join the military, etc?

The author waffles on a bit (he admits he has a pretty large ego) but there is some great stuff in it, for me anyway.

He talks about the split from infinite love and the sick and twisted people/entities that have been enslaving the human race... the main message though is one of infinite love.

He talks about the 'enemy' (for want of a better word, I can't remember what he calls them) and how they are in positions of power etc. He also talks about how they create new age organisations and religions to suck people in...

The book is kind of a little muddled but I got heaps from it and found it inspiring. I haven't really read much about Atlantis and I thought the book would be new age shit when my partner brought it home... turns out I loved it and she still hasn't got half way through it.

I just pcked it up and opened it...p.167 from the chapter titled Sub-concsious Programming and Beliefs:

Quote:
A Final Thought
Important fact: NO MATTER HOW GOOD OF A MEANS YOU USE TO SELF-PROGRAM YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND, IT WILL NOT ACCEPT THE PROGRAMMING UNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO CHANGE.
So take Control of your life on both conscious and subconscious levels. Don't believe anything you haven't really experienced yourself, or a truly trusted and objective person you know has experienced. Don't let anyone program you anymore, but yourself. You decide your beliefs - not press releases, books, ads, media owners and controllers, leaders, religions, deprtment store owners, car salesmen, gas station attendants, your friends, your relatives, your mates, this book, a teacher, - or anyone - but you. And remember, kindness and Unselfish Love for everything and everyone, are the only really important things. If something doesn't include that - watch out!

I'd like to add one final statement regarding cultures. One of the best "eye opening" experiences anyone can have that shows them just how much we are all programmed, is to experience different cultures. Not just vacations here and there, but really experiencing as many different cultures in the world as possible. The same basic human being, can have such radically different beliefs, and different ways of living, that a person who hasn't experienced it couldn't really believe it. You can get it intellectually of course, and watch travel shows, but you don't really "get it" until you've done it. Most of you reading this would be shocked to see a baby buried alive because it was born a female. But that's just scratching the surface. And your culture is just as appaling and shocking to me. When will you all wake up, and take control of your programming, and reprogram yourself in the light of truth, kindness, and Universal Consciousness? When will you stop killing those who bring you new ideas? Maybe soon, because the Universe, this planet, is going to change things here radically because of what humans have done, and it's coming, ready or not.
I liked the book, there were bit's I'm not into, the stuff about Atlantis survivors and their hidden city in the Himalayas was pretty interesting.
ho1ogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
cheeb
Banned

Default mu mu land

I've moved on,immediately'

The teachings weren't that lost,

Or you wouldn't be reading them,

Atlantis didn't exist ,

Don't mention Pangea its boring and as much interest as what Ive got in my sandwiches tommorow?

"Lobster thermeodore and Chateau Neuf Du Papes Rouge Circa1987"

My lunchbox is more interesting than a civalisation that never was

Course it is ,its real and I shall relish it tommorow ,as I won't be thinking of this inconsequential moment in the history of the universe!
cheeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 02:06 AM   #9
misscpb
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahabaratara View Post
Like anything else if it fits take it and if it dosent move on...

Its actually about the lost teachings of atlantis...Hence the name...Not about the physical place...

Not that you read the book or anything...

Its about the Spirit...

Esoteric vs Exoteric...

Hi There

I can recommend a great book by Diana Cooper called "Discover Atlantis" you can get it form her site www.dianacooper.com or from amazon or online stores.
misscpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
mahabaratara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho1ogram View Post
I've got a borrowed copy of the book and I found it to be great.

There was some stuff in it that floored me like some of Icke's stuff has done before. There is some conpiracy info in there and some great stuff that is similar to the reptillian angle but a different take on it... I found it to be complementry to Icke's stuff.

The author said it was written for people in the conspiracy field because it emphasises that though it is important to know we have been scammed, the ultimate way out of this predicament is via unselfish love... if people recognise that we are all parts of the whole, who will join the military, etc?

The author waffles on a bit (he admits he has a pretty large ego) but there is some great stuff in it, for me anyway.

He talks about the split from infinite love and the sick and twisted people/entities that have been enslaving the human race... the main message though is one of infinite love.

He talks about the 'enemy' (for want of a better word, I can't remember what he calls them) and how they are in positions of power etc. He also talks about how they create new age organisations and religions to suck people in...

The book is kind of a little muddled but I got heaps from it and found it inspiring. I haven't really read much about Atlantis and I thought the book would be new age shit when my partner brought it home... turns out I loved it and she still hasn't got half way through it.

I just pcked it up and opened it...p.167 from the chapter titled Sub-concsious Programming and Beliefs:

I liked the book, there were bit's I'm not into, the stuff about Atlantis survivors and their hidden city in the Himalayas was pretty interesting.
Whilst I dont agree wholeheartedly with his hypothesis it does make you want to find out more...

Old 14-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #11
mahabaratara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeb View Post
I've moved on,immediately'

The teachings weren't that lost,

Or you wouldn't be reading them,

Atlantis didn't exist ,

Don't mention Pangea its boring and as much interest as what Ive got in my sandwiches tommorow?

"Lobster thermeodore and Chateau Neuf Du Papes Rouge Circa1987"

My lunchbox is more interesting than a civalisation that never was

Course it is ,its real and I shall relish it tommorow ,as I won't be thinking of this inconsequential moment in the history of the universe!
Thanks for your input...

Old 14-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #12
mahabaratara

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscpb View Post
Hi There

I can recommend a great book by Diana Cooper called "Discover Atlantis" you can get it form her site www.dianacooper.com or from amazon or online stores.
Hi Misscpb...

I will bear that in mind....

Old 14-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #13
jaanus
Inactive

I have to start looking for a true teacher now
jaanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #14
aznality