Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat > Have a Laugh

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
king
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,326
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default Can I use the word "fuck"

Hey mods,


can I use word "FUCK without negative points" ?






what about image like this, does that count as negative points?

you dinged me 3 points for oversize image, no warning, no nothing.

that is not fair.
so, what are the rules?
who determines what word and context, what size of images is acceptable, what not?

Last edited by king; 11-02-2007 at 10:06 AM.
king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
limelady
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,381
Likes: 47 (7 Posts)
Default

Only if you say pretty please!

No, seriously king, I think we have now fairly well established that the odd swear word here and there (when appropriate) is not considered too serious a crime providing they are not used intrusively or in an abusive or insulting manner towards other members.

We just ask people to go easy, thats all.


Nice of you to drop in king!

Lime
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
curthen
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 28
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Oversized image? Can someone explain? I didn't see anything in the announcement thread at the top. This is my first post and i don't really want to start in a negative way. Three points?
curthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:44 AM   #4
eternal_spirit
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,206
Likes: 6 (6 Posts)
Default

Don't worry Terry Wogan would give you six points for singing below average
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
geo2
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: free
Posts: 305
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Cool Thisite.............

this site is lik a fn virgin, doesnt know where it wants 2go yet but then again there is a 'virgin' who goes with 'master, jc, his/her royal highness', whos always comin.......................omg ! thrillinGODODODODO

A time 2think !
A time 2fly !
A time 4peace !

INFINITY
geo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

saying the weather is shit.... is not the same as calling someone a shit
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #7
heretic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 229
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
saying the weather is shit.... is not the same as calling someone a shit
I've never called someone 'a shit' but I have called many 'a piece of shit'
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by king View Post
Hey mods,


can I use word "FUCK without negative points" ?






what about image like this, does that count as negative points?

you dinged me 3 points for oversize image, no warning, no nothing.

that is not fair.
so, what are the rules?
who determines what word and context, what size of images is acceptable, what not?

The point system is the warning....

I'm a little un clear as to what you are asking...

is it ok to swear? ... well if it means so much its not a problem, you can use swear words.... but as long as they are not insults to other members, this is just the way this forum works... we don't want bullies here... simple as that. its for everyone and we don't want anyone moving in and making it there own... we are here to keep it everyones forum
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
heretic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 229
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Why is the F word such a problem? It comes from the meaning Fornication Under the Consent of the King.
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #10
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
I've never called someone 'a shit' but I have called many 'a piece of shit'
ahhh I will have to check if the piece part means you get less points

but honestly... the mods here are easy going... but at the moment there are people that do not want the place to be easy going..so its tricky...
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #11
heretic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 229
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy ray moore View Post
ferrits fornicating feet first forging famine ferrite farms
You did a lot of acid didn't you brother?
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #12
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
Why is the F word such a problem? It comes from the meaning Fornication Under the Consent of the King.

well my own personal view on swearing is look at what they all mean... the f world means expressing pure sexule energy.... the c word means the womans vagina..... ..s word means our extrament...

and these are all offensive?

why is rape not a swear word.... or toucher?

these word are much worse.

so it is odd.

that being said no one wants to be called a peace of s**t.... and it does not really contribute much to a forum...

on the old forum i once made a point of how not having rules in there can mess the place up.... and i mouthed of all over the place proving the point that one mans "Free forum" is another mans riot.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #13
heretic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 229
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
the c word means the womans vagina.
It has it's roots as a word to praise women from Africa apparently. It got changed drastically though.

and these are all offensive?

why is rape not a swear word


In some ways it is, it is usually serious when said.
that being said no one wants to be called a peace of s**t
Some people need to be called that to awaken them to their behavior.
I have used it personally to do this.
ii
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #14
heretic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 229
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy ray moore View Post
i keep telling you i've never touched the stuff
nothing but fluride and murcury coursing through my veins
Whatever you say let's just run with it
heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #15
geo2
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: free
Posts: 305
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default Holy Shit !

if u werent a 'piece' of holy shit, u would b dirt ...........................

giv tks...................yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy !

ave maria ! MOTHER EARTH !

Infinity

{{{.................................****
geo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #16
jimijams
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 974
Likes: 23 (18 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
well my own personal view on swearing is look at what they all mean... the f world means expressing pure sexule energy.... the c word means the womans vagina..... ..s word means our extrament...

and these are all offensive?

why is rape not a swear word.... or toucher?

these word are much worse.

so it is odd.

that being said no one wants to be called a peace of s**t.... and it does not really contribute much to a forum...

on the old forum i once made a point of how not having rules in there can mess the place up.... and i mouthed of all over the place proving the point that one mans "Free forum" is another mans riot.
Wow! I think I liked the old third wave better, you may have had a foul mouth and bad spelling but at least you were honest..
jimijams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #17
trinity1
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 103
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijams View Post
Wow! I think I liked the old third wave better, you may have had a foul mouth and bad spelling but at least you were honest..

hahah wordage! Perhaps some digging up of old posts is in order to demonstrate the hypocrisy of this newly elevated staff member?
trinity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:14 PM   #18
thirdwave
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 22,597
Likes: 92 (77 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijams View Post
Wow! I think I liked the old third wave better, you may have had a foul mouth and bad spelling but at least you were honest..

there is no old third wave...its good old me... my job is to make sure the forum runs well and people do not mess it up for others.... so yes i got to bite my lip sometimes...

but I am always honest... you lost me a bit on that one.
thirdwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #19
ennui
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: EU Stalag SE Quadrant
Posts: 1,606
Likes: 19 (10 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
on the old forum i once made a point of how not having rules in there can mess the place up.... and i mouthed of all over the place proving the point that one mans "Free forum" is another mans riot.
I made that point once too which didn't go down well lol (yes, I am using a different name just to keep you guessing ) All the trolls actually stopped freedom of speech, which was kind of ironic.

I don't tend to swear much, but I don't particularly mind if others want to, as long as it isn't a personal attack aimed at me (or another member of the forum)
ennui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:22 PM   #20
jimijams
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 974
Likes: 23 (18 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwave View Post
there is no old third wave...its good old me... my job is to make sure the forum runs well and people do not mess it up for others.... so yes i got to bite my lip sometimes...

but I am always honest... you lost me a bit on that one.
Whatever floats your boat..
jimijams is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.