Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2010, 01:16 AM   #21
montag
Inactive
 
montag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NowHere
Posts: 4,742
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Thumbs up

What a great thread, I'm going to sticky this thread for a while so others get the info, again great work..
montag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 06:52 AM   #22
echoes_of_a_dream
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 242
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbeafraid View Post
Thanks for the great info. And its important to know it. Awesome thread, you did a great job!
One has to understand that ones own thoughts are not even going to help one at all to get out of the mind control matrix. One will not be able to think up a way out. That is why the mind control matrix cannot anser any important questions properly. It is just grunting compared to true communication. One will not even be able to come up with the proper question one should be asking.
One has to instead attack the problem from another angle. One has to change one's self and ego deep inside.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122785

Please do not let the insane idea of what I am talking about in the thread stop you from reading it. I can answer any question you have about it.
Thank you dontbeafraid.

I agree, our thoughts are not even our own. Like Gurdjieff said a man must first realize that he is a machine to have any chance of finding freedom. There is all this talk on this forum of "being awake", but it really just lulls you into a false sense of security. It is one "I" telling another "I" that it is awake. It is easy to believe something, it is much harder to believe nothing (even science has beliefs). I started a podcast recently with some other guys on here where we take a look at existentialism and all that jazz.


Thinking is an intellectual trap as Mark Pesce said "the things that you know are the things that you can apprehend linguistically, the things that you don't know are the things that can't be seen."

We are friggin doomed as a species if we cannot learn to fully communicate with each other. Like McKenna said "we can only move a fast as the evolution of our language" and further "if we can't describe a world then we can't be there". Even the biblical story of The Tower of Babel tells how we have fallen from the confusion of tongues. It seems because of this and our lack of awareness of our spiritual descent that we are largely running in circles. Think of all that great insight that is held within unique individuals that they are unable to express is a language which can be understood by others.

Like I say in the above postings, people need to share a similar semiotic mindscape in order to effectively communicate with each other. There are some contemporary attempts to create models for this. One is which seems to have gained a lot of popularity within . The problem then becomes that technical language is at Wittgenstein said, "just another language within a language", a symbol for a symbol.

I agree also that we have to look from a different angle and that angle very much appeals to the right-brain and it's creative and non-linear faculties. Language reinforces the presence of the ego because it reasserts duality through pronouns. e.g. "I" did this, this belongs to "me".

Thanks for the related thread btw (reading it now)

Everyone is insane, no one is alone in that respect and it is a healthy thing to realize

I hope this thread provides some language idea that may be of use for you to articulate your own ideas.

You mention about people not being able to connect with themselves, I personally like the analogy of human-beings vs human-doings. Most people are human-doings. When you can just be (in the now) then the illusions of separation begin to dissolve ( is also a good tool ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbeafraid
Whats interesting is these creatures can speak every language, not by knowing the language, but by touching the exact spot of our brain with their thoughts or whatever it is that it does, which they can do like a concert painist can touch the keys on a piano, and produce a "voice tone" inside ones brain so it seems to come from everywhere and nowhere. You cant pinpoint where the sound comes from.
Have you ever considered that these creatures are part of your own universe? They can speak every language that you know perhaps. The psychedelic experience is similar and like McKenna talked about his mushroom elves and how they spoke to him in English. Could the elves not just be entities within his own mind? (when I say mind, I don't mean within his brain)

In the end we are just characters in a dream story. If we are not consciously living within our own dream then we become a character in someone else's dream (NWO?). As Austin Osman Spare said "the unconscious is the greatest magician", most people are by definition "unconscious".


Happy dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by montag View Post
What a great thread, I'm going to sticky this thread for a while so others get the info, again great work..
Thanks Montag

I had to convert the contents of my "book" from HTML, the original location of this work is here: www.realiTTY.tk but I figured that if I could transcribe it into the forum then it would get more viewing.

Last edited by echoes_of_a_dream; 30-06-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: media tags
echoes_of_a_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 07:20 AM   #23
dusan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 212
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes_of_a_dream View Post
i just watched the first video in your post and i must say
you are providing IMPORTANT information here!


THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION !
__________________

Astra inclinant, non necessitant;
Astra non mentiuntur, sed astrologi bene mentiuntur de astri
dusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #24
montag
Inactive
 
montag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NowHere
Posts: 4,742
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes_of_a_dream View Post



Thanks Montag

I had to convert the contents of my "book" from HTML, the original location of this work is here: www.realiTTY.tk but I figured that if I could transcribe it into the forum then it would get more viewing.
Hey no problem, so much info and I'm only halfway through the first page. I really dig the biocentric universe model, thats been a favourite pet theory of mine for a while. I'm a student of Chinese medicine which was laid out as a complete system three thousand years ago in the , but today much of this is dismissed by modern medicine as superstition. The ancient Chinese were forbidden to dissect the human body for study as this was considered desecration so instead they observed nature and applied this knowledge to the microcosm (human body) therefore we talk about pathologies such as wind, damp, cold, fire and heat as well as applying the principle of yin -yang. We now know that the human body is far more intricate that the ancients could ever have imagined because of modern technology. I've always surmised that this is because the more we investigate (observe) the inner workings of the human body the more the universe provides, in other words human biology becomes more complex just by our closer observation of it, and will continue to become ever more complex. If you look at the inner workings of one human cell it is a little universe of it's own, amazing. BTW the picture you posted comparing a brain cell to the universe is a great example of the fractal nature of reality.

I have a friend who is a believer of "scientism" and he is convinced that we are very close to knowing everything that can be known through science, to having it all explained, somehow I doubt that. Anyway cheers again for all the great info..

montag

Last edited by montag; 30-06-2010 at 08:00 AM.
montag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #25
mystic nomad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In the shade.
Posts: 535
Likes: 7 (6 Posts)
Default

Brilliant

Haven't watched any of the videos yet but I will.

You jogged my memory and I reremembered, and for that echoes_of_a_dream, you have my gratitude and blessings
__________________
A society becomes great when old men plant trees who's shade they will never sit in.
mystic nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 AM   #26
echoes_of_a_dream
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 242
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Thumbs up

Thanks mystic nomad.

I appreciate it and also welcome criticism.

I wish I could retract some of the things said in the prior postings speculations, my ideas are continually evolving. Peel enough layers away from yourself and you becomes I

You might be better of reading it on the microsite I put up: http://www.realiTTY.tk (hopefully easier to navigate)

I put together this new video on some thoughts on Esoteria and the New Age which might be of interest:


Last edited by echoes_of_a_dream; 07-07-2010 at 12:05 AM.
echoes_of_a_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:01 AM   #27
lyghtkynge
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 813
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default The Limitation of mankind

Excellent Thread! Congrats for the superb work in presenting this information to the public; nicely consolidated.

The OP's expressed premise reminded me of this passage, which I'll present here. As you will probably note, it's words ring True.

"Why do you say that our language will not permit of clearer conceptions than you give?"

p. 291

"Because your education does not permit you to think outside of words; you are word-bound."

"You astonish me by making such an arrogant assertion. Do you mean to assert that I can not think without using words?"

"Yes. Every thought you indulge in is circumscribed. You presumably attempt to throw a thought-line forward, and yet you step backward and spin it in words that have been handed you from the past, and, struggle as you may, you can not liberate yourself from the dead incubus. Attempt to originate an idea, and see if you can escape your word-master?"

"Go on; I am listening."

"Men scientific think in language scientific. Men poetical think in language poetic. All educated men use words in thinking of their subjects, words that came to them from the past, and enslave their intellect. Thus it is that the novelist can not make fiction less real than is fact; that scientists can not commence at the outside, and build a theory back to phenomena understood. In each case the foundation of a thought is a word that in the very beginning carries to the mind a meaning, a something from the past. Each thought ramification is an offshoot from words that express ideas and govern ideas, yes, create ideas, even dominating the mind. Men speak of ideas when they intend to refer to an image in the mind, but in reality they have no ideas outside of the word sentences they unconsciously reformulate. Define the term idea correctly, and it will be shown that an idea is a sentence, and if a sentence is made of words already created, there can be no new idea, for every word has a fixed meaning. Hence, when men think, they only rearrange words that carry with themselves networks of ideas, and thus play upon their several established meanings. How can men so circumscribed construct a new idea or teach a new science?"

"New words are being created."

"Language is slowly progressing, but no new word adds itself to a language; it is linked to thought-chains that precede. In order to create a word, as a rule, roots are used that are as established in philology as are building materials in architecture. When a new sound is thrust into a language, its intent must be introduced by words already known, after which it conveys

p. 292

a meaning derived from the past, and becomes a part of mind sentences already constructed, as it does of spoken language. Language has thus been painfully and slowly evolved and is still being enlarged, but while new impressions may be felt by an educated person, the formulated feeling is inseparable, from well-known surviving words."

"Some men are dumb."

"Yes; and yet they frame mind-impressions into unspoken words of their own, otherwise they would be scarcely more than' animals. Place an uneducated dumb person in a room with a complicated instrument, and although he may comprehend its uses, he can not do so unless he frames sense-impressions into, what is to him, a formulated mind-word sequence."

"But he can think about it."

"No; unless he has already constructed previous impressions into word-meanings of his own, he can not think about it at all. Words, whether spoken or unspoken, underlie all ideas. Try, if you believe I am mistaken, try to think of any subject outside of words?"

I sat a moment, and mentally attempted the task, and shook my head.

"Then," said the old man, "how can I use words with established meanings to convey to your senses an entirely new idea? If I use new sounds, strung together, they are not words to you, and convey no meaning; if I use words familiar, they reach backward as well as forward. Thus it is possible to instruct you, by a laborious course of reasoning, concerning a phenomenon that is connected with phenomena already understood by you, for your word-language can be thrust out from the parent stalk, and can thus follow the outreaching branches. However, in the case of phenomena that exist on other planes, or are separated from any known material, or force, as is the "true conception that envelops the word eternity, there being neither connecting materials, forces, nor words to unite the outside with the inside, the known with the unknown, how can I tell you more than I have done? You are word-bound."

"Nevertheless, I still believe that I can think outside of words."

p. 293

"Well, perhaps after you attempt to do so, and fail again and again, you will appreciate that a truth is a truth, humiliating as it may be to acknowledge the fact."

"A Digger Indian has scarcely a word-language," I asserted, loth to relinquish the argument.

"You can go farther back if you desire, back to primitive man; man without language at all, and with ideas as circumscribed as those of the brutes, and still you have not strengthened your argument concerning civilized man. But you are tired, I see."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/eti/eti50.htm
lyghtkynge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #28
echoes_of_a_dream
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 242
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyghtkynge View Post
Excellent Thread! Congrats for the superb work in presenting this information to the public; nicely consolidated.

The OP's expressed premise reminded me of this passage, which I'll present here. As you will probably note, it's words ring True...

Thanks for sharing that, I'm glad to find that kind of rhetoric elsewhere because it is so easy to overlook "lovers need no words", and like Robert Anton Wilson said:

Quote:
"You don't need to take drugs to hallucinate; improper language can fill your world with phantoms and spooks of many kinds."
The idea of language and its role in human affairs is heavily contended by many academics and is central to much of philosophy and logic. As a self-professed anarco-primitivist I quite like John Zerzan's thoughts on this issue:



Last edited by echoes_of_a_dream; 07-07-2010 at 08:57 AM.
echoes_of_a_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #29
echoes_of_a_dream
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 242
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Here is an excellent discourse by Matthew Segall of how we are caught within our own net:

Quote:
The Limits of Language

It seems ironic, at least in light of the premise of this paper, that the thoughts of a man such as Socrates could have given birth to the last twenty-four hundred years of Western philosophical discourse. Was it not he who said “I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance”? Was it not also he who wandered the streets of Athens constantly reminding his fellow countrymen that they did not know exactly what they meant by the words they were using? And was it not he who suggested that our merely human means of expression is an insufficient tool for the task we have employed it with, namely the pursuit of Truth? Maybe it isn’t ironic at all, for what else could humanity, after having conquered nature to the extent that leisure time became the norm rather than the exception, busy its rational intelligence with but the insoluble game of philosophy? That philosophy is a game that cannot be won, and that is therefore necessarily unconcerned with Truth, is the central premise of this paper. This premise will be elucidated in a detailed look at the medium of language and the impossibility of its describing the fundamental nature of reality itself.

To say that the game of philosophy cannot provide Truth is to say that its mode of operation is incongruent with the apprehension of the ultimate. This is so simply because all philosophy must be done using language, and no thoughts can be written down (or spoken) without unconscious metaphysical assumptions about reality built into them. As one philosopher put it (Alan Watts), “Language based on the sentence composed of subject, verb, and predicate contains the hidden belief system that events are started by nouns—by things.” If we look unassumingly at the natural world, its interconnected nature is hard to miss. Nowhere in nature do we find the separate categories of the sentence; all in nature goes together. Our unconscious assumptions contaminate pure reality, making it impossible for the philosopher to see past the self-invented syntax of his mind. Only poets retain the ability to feel with their language, creating imagery that displays a truth all at once before the mind’s eye. In contrast, for a philosophical treatise to be taken seriously, it must adhere to the strict rules of logic and exhibit a rational structure. Its truths must therefore become linear and flat, losing the extra dimensions present in more musical, directly apprehended presentations. When such treatises concern the nature of reality, and therefore, of Truth, how is it that they deduce that reality itself is rational? On what is such an assertion based? We must save this question for later, saying only that it originates from a misunderstanding of the nature of Truth. For now we will maintain that it is impossible to make such an assertion, as reality itself is neither rational nor irrational, but arational. That is, reality itself is unconcerned with the categories of the human mind, being neither ordered nor chaotic, but both at the same time.

A lot has been asserted thus far, and in order that it is properly understood and defended, we must now begin a bit of unpacking. Examples will be drawn from quantum physics, the philosophy of Ludwig Wittgenstein, Plato and the Pythagorean school of Ancient Greece, as well as various other insights from mystical traditions and persons.

To begin, we must further define Truth. A range of definitions are possible, but for our purposes, Truth shall be synonymous with reality as it actually is. Reality as it actually is, in this case, means reality before words and concepts break it up into more understandable bits and pieces. Truth then, is not something that can be communicated or described in its entirety in any way. Descriptions that point the way toward Truth may be called knowledge, but ultimately, they are relative. In other words, knowledge is always provisional: its validity is dependent upon certain preconditions remaining constant. Its conditional nature is exemplified by the progress of science, as new paradigms replace the old and our knowledge adapts to fresh observations.

The fresh observations made by physicists in the past century of the smallest bits of matter yet discovered are still struggling to find their proper context in a coherent universal theory of the physical world. In fact, to call the observed phenomena “the smallest bits” of matter may be misleading, as it would be just as correct to refer to them as waves, or patterns of probability spread throughout space and time. But the true physical make-up of the world is not our problem at the moment. Our problem, and the problem of most of the greatest physicists of the past hundred years, concerns the impossibility of ever knowing the true physical make-up of the world. The so-called “physical” nature of the world is not a verifiable aspect of reality. Physicality is merely one of the silently agreed upon assumptions made about the structure of reality that allows us to communicate meaningfully about it. Meaning, in this sense, is nothing more than correspondence. Meaning allows one aspect of the world to correspond to another using various types of representation. Nouns are used to represent especially pronounced or rigid aspects of our environment, while verbs are used to represent the more fluid and rhythmic aspects. But at their constituent level, “All the words or concepts we use to describe ordinary physical objects, such as position, velocity, color, size, and so on, become indefinite and problematic,” as Physicist Werner Heisenberg has said. Heisenberg wasn’t alone in his skepticism of language’s ability to reflect reality, as Erwin Schrödinger, Albert Einstein, Louis de Broglie, Sir James Jeans, Max Planck, Wolfgang Pauli, and Sir Arthur Eddington all agreed. They all believed that to think about the question of quantum physics as if it hinged on the indeterminate nature of the “wavicles” that composed the physical world was to misunderstand the situation entirely. The actual problem was that the physical world, with its supposed separate events and individual objects, was nothing more than a way of speaking. Author Eddington put it wonderfully: “We have found that where science has progressed the farthest, the mind has but regained from nature that which the mind has put into nature. We have found a strange footprint on the shores of the unknown. We have devised profound theories, one after another, to account for its origin. At last, we have succeeded in reconstructing the creature that made the footprint. And Lo! it is our own.” This suggests that human descriptions of the world, down even to the most detailed and abstract of mathematical equations, are not aspects of the world itself, but are superimposed upon it by the linguistically trained mind.

The problem is essentially that all scientific knowledge, having to be syntactically arranged in order to be communicated, necessarily negates the observer. In other words, as Schrödinger explains, “We do not belong to this material world that science constructs for us. We are not in it; we are outside. We are only spectators.” Our direct experience of the world, however, is a constant reminder that we are not passive observers, but active participants. We are in the world, inseparable from it. In this context, it becomes apparent why a being who lives in (and who, in fact, is) reality, but nonetheless wishes to, at the same time, objectively describe that reality, is in for quite a surprise. Were one to succeed at such a task, they would need to devise means no less astonishing than those required to lift oneself up by one’s own bootstraps.

Our language ignores this issue, though, by imposing an a priori separation between observer and observed, or between subject and object. In other words, language becomes useful only when one agrees to assume that each observer has an independent center of consciousness apart from all others, i.e. an individual mind. But this arbitrary distinction between opposite poles of the same essence may actually create more problems than it seems to solve; namely, the problem of the existence of minds other than my own.
The problem of other minds is such that any proposed solution remains frustratingly unverifiable. Behaviorists claim what you directly observe is all that there is, thereby negating the necessity of paying the mind any attention at all. This seems quite silly, though, as such an assertion seems almost contradictory being that the theory itself requires a mind for its manifestation and subsequent application. To “prove,” though, that other minds exist would require that a solution be spelt out here on the page, that some logically coherent intellectual argument be voiced so that you might read it and somehow understand that it were correct. But in the spirit of Wittgenstein, we could say that such an answer was impossible, as “proving” that other minds exist cannot be accomplished using any conventional linguistic means. Rather, the question itself ought to be unasked before anything might be settled. It may be impossible to know that other minds exist, but surely it is quite possible to feel that they do. As Wittgenstein put it, “[See the] consciousness in another’s face. Look into someone else’s face, and see the consciousness in it, and a particular shade of consciousness. You see on it, in it, joy, indifference, interest, excitement, torpor, and so on. [It’s] the light in other people’s faces.” Intuitively, then, the problem of other minds is no problem at all, but a farce—an unnecessary intellectual abstraction of a reality that is easily grasped by anyone willing to admit that “proof” is the burden of language and not the burden of reality as we experience it. In reality, the proof is in the pudding: taste it and you understand. There is no reason another person ought to have a mind, there is only the perception that they do, a perception arrived at through a direct, unmediated experience of reality.

Now, like Wittgenstein’s ladder, take these words and throw them out. You’ve climbed up and arrived at the experience of the truth that other minds exist by following an injunction rather than by understanding a logical proof. Kick aside the ladder and realize the truth as an experience rather than as a rational argument.

Of course, it may be important to define what is meant by “mind” in the first place. Here is John Locke’s view concerning the nature of the self, or mind: “[It is] impossible for any one to perceive without perceiving that he does perceive.” Locke’s statement almost perfectly exemplifies the fundamentally contradictory nature of all forms of dualistic knowledge. It is indeed impossible for any one to perceive without perceiving that he does perceive, but notice the necessity of the premise “for any one.” This one is the “mind,” the “I,” the individual person, the illusory place holder given to each human entity by the grammatical structure inherent to his way of describing reality. So it is true then, at least “true enough” in Wittgenstein’s words, that one cannot perceive without knowing he perceives, as it is said “I perceive” such that the perceiving is performed by me and therefore separate from me. But am “I” a real entity, a real thinking substance, or merely a product of the purely functional conventions of language (i.e. Wittgenstein’s suggestion that the meaning of a word is derived from its use)? As Huang Po, a Zen Buddhist monk, once said, “Let me remind you, the perceived cannot perceive.” If “I” am aware of my own perception of myself, which is the real me: my perception or my perception of my perception, or my perception of my perception of my perception, and so on? This indeterminacy appears to be unavoidable, however it arises only because of the dualistic nature of language, because an “I” must “have” perceptions instead of there just being perception alone.

This “perception alone” is the only real quality that can be assigned to reality, although it hardly suggests any specific qualities at all. We all intuitively feel this perception at the deepest level of our experience all the time. It reveals what there is. It is our current experience, our body’s total sensory awareness of our environment as it exists in its entirety before the names and descriptions we then unknowingly superimpose upon it become our only way of thinking about it to describe it to others.

Of course, alphabetized language is only one of the scientific community’s tools of discovery. The other is mathematics, and there is little doubt among scientists that its descriptions of the processes of nature are far more accurate than what words can provide. As physicist Sir James Jeans has said, “The essential fact is simply that all the pictures which science now draws of nature, and which alone seem capable of according with observational fact, are mathematical pictures.” The usefulness of mathematics—its ability to match with astonishing precision the naturally occurring patterns found in the external world—has been known by humans for thousands of years, dating back to the earliest schools of Greek Philosophy. One such school, the Pythagoreans, saw in mathematics a more perfect reality than that which we perceive through our flawed senses. The founder of the school, Pythagoras, carefully studied the sounds made by his lyre, noting that a string could be made to vibrate at different harmonic frequencies. A string half the length would vibrate at twice the frequency. This simple ratio is an example of the early connections found between the pure abstraction of mathematics and the real phenomenal world. But the school had its critics, namely Aristotle, who said of the Pythagoreans that they “did not seek for explanations and theories to suit the facts, but distorted the facts to fit certain theories and favored opinions, and set themselves up, one might say, as co-arrangers of the universe” (Jeans paraphrasing Aristotle). This criticism comes from one of the world’s first great empiricists, and it has been echoed by many since. Most scientists today agree that a certain combination of applied mathematics and empirical investigation is an acceptable means of deriving knowledge from the natural world. Unfortunately, as practical as such a compromise may seem, a growing number of scientists, like the physicists mentioned in this paper, have come to realize the inherent shortcomings of such an approach. The observation of the strange world of quantum particles has forever altered the way science views the world, as the search for the fundamental substance of matter has been shown not only to be difficult, but infeasible. The empiricists can no longer assert a priori that his observations are of an actual, physically subsisting world. In other words, physical science has reached the boundaries of its field of inquiry, not because it has reached the Truth or ultimate ground of being (or because it has come to the conclusion that no such Truth can be said to exist), but because when it tried to do so, it found in nature nothing but its own reflection. If, as Locke said centuries before subsequent empirical observation could prove him correct, that “the real essence of substances” is unknowable, then, to use Jeans words, “We can only progress by discussing the laws which govern the changes of substances, and so produce the phenomena of the external world.” For science to remain viable, it must realize and accept it limits, focusing on bringing hidden patterns (or “laws”) to the surface, rather than on finding the one and only Truth. Mathematics, then, can return to the forefront as the best known map of the phenomenal world. Of all the man-made conceptual molds thus far laid atop nature, mathematics, because of its unique correspondence to the world, remains the one that has allowed us the deepest understanding.

Plato, a Pythagorean, based his theory of Ideas on the supposed perfection of a mathematically-arranged cosmos. His well-known allegory of the cave provides the perfect metaphor of his picture of the universe, in that the world presented as it is to our senses is merely a shadow version of the more ideal world from which it arose. This ideal world, says Plato, is mathematically perfect.

As perfect as this ideal world may be, and as neatly as the mathematician’s calculations may appear to mirror it, there remains an issue of contention. It is as if someone had cast a line into a pond in hopes of catching a fish, had caught a rather large one, and had then proceeded to brag of his accomplishment to another. This other then remarked to the first that he had earlier seen him stock the pond with the fish himself. As Jeans relates, “It would prove nothing if nature had merely been found to act in accordance with the concepts of applied mathematics; these concepts were specially and deliberately designed by man to fit the workings of nature.” Jeans goes on to say that, even if mathematics was not “deliberately designed,” but instead unconsciously remembered from the depths of our mind as a means of translation between it and the world, it remains true that no knowledge is actually gained of the outside world other than that which has been put into it by the mind itself.

So then, we’ve arrived back again at where we started: stumped by the intriguing relationship between mind and matter, thought and substance, ideal and actual. Truth, it would seem, is not some dogmatic claim awaiting human discovery; it is not a secret code etched into nature that might be found and spoken, written, or mathematically formulated and thereafter known for all time. Instead, Truth is that which motivates the formulating. Truth is both that which animates the world and that which makes up its total being. Truth, then, might be said to include but transcend the lesser, knowledge-based notions of true and false that dominate human thought. In this sense, Truth is always one step ahead of our apprehension, consistently outpacing us in our race toward ultimate understanding.

Might it not be said, though, that on account of our current formulating—through the act of our present participation in the cosmic game of pattern formation—we already “know” the Truth? If, as it appears obvious at least to this observer, that the universe, in both its internal/mental and external/material senses, is essentially a continuously forming pattern, then isn’t it more useful to think of Truth as the continuous evolution of the universe as a whole? In this sense, Truth may be closer to a verb than a noun. For the sake of argument, suppose we were to come across some notion of absolute and final Truth about the world we inhabit; would it not become obsolete in the very next moment, as the universe continued to evolve into new forms with altogether different Truths? This is, in effect, another way of saying that, while the mind’s static concepts may not always fit the ever evolving cosmos, the ever evolving cosmos nonetheless always fits the mind, because the cosmos includes and transcends the mind. The cosmos, in other words, includes all time and space in which the mind can theorize. It is then unavoidable that the mind should be enveloped by the Truth always, regardless of how frustrated it may become in its fatuous pursuit of something more. This pursuit, as was said earlier, arises due to a misunderstanding of the nature of Truth. The Truth, by the sheer fact of its namesake, must be directly apprehendable at all times. It is by virtue of this obviousness that the Truth be missed, as we are like fish that swim in the ocean but haven’t yet noticed the water.

Socrates, even though he was doubtless a great philosopher, never wrote a thing. He believed the written word was left too vulnerable to misinterpretation, because the one who reads may pull from the same words something entirely different than what the author himself intended. He also felt that writing made the mind lazy, in that it took over what was formally an internal act of memorization. Knowledge written upon a page no longer needs to be remembered by an individual, and as a result the individual comes to understand less of what he thinks he knows, becoming more focused on the collection and recording of information for its own sake than on the practical application of it in the present moment. Instead of writing, Socrates preferred face-to-face dialogue, as it forced immediate justification of each person’s statements. Truth, for Socrates, was far closer to this kind of immediate, personal discourse than to the abstract realms described by words on a page. Unfortunately, the medium of the page is the one upon which the current set of ideas must be drafted, and as such, the writer can claim only that which the reader has understood. For, as Socrates is still so quick to remind us, we may not have any way of knowing exactly what we mean by the words we use. To conclude a paper on such terms doesn’t leave the claims made in a very convincing light. However, being that the work itself was concerned with exactly this problem, it can only be suggested that the reader take these words, not for what they are, but for what they mean.

Last edited by echoes_of_a_dream; 07-07-2010 at 10:54 AM.
echoes_of_a_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #30
amercury
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: coastal plain
Posts: 860
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

This thread is awesome

Thanks for putting it together.
amercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 AM   #31
dusan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 212
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amercury View Post
This thread is awesome

Thanks for putting it together.
i have to say it
best thread in DI forum so far.
makes me think, it doesn't make me believe. makes me think, thats awesome
__________________

Astra inclinant, non necessitant;
Astra non mentiuntur, sed astrologi bene mentiuntur de astri
dusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #32
zero1
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,704
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Thumbs up

Good thread, appreciate the time you took putting it together.
zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #33
echoes_of_a_dream
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 242
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Thanks guys, I'm working on some new material and videos which is going to expand on this stuff and get rid of the more objectionable material. Should be done in a few weeks.

Last edited by echoes_of_a_dream; 19-07-2010 at 05:24 PM.
echoes_of_a_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #34
krakhead
Premier Subscribers
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dark Side Of The Room
Posts: 11,335
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default I award this thread the....

__________________
This message brought to you by
Krakhead Inc.
“You simply cannot invent any conspiracy theory so ridiculous and
obviously satirical that some people somewhere don't already believe it.”
Rwy'n dy garu di
krakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #35
dngrs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Romania
Posts: 151
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

+1
thanks for gathering all that stuff
great thread!
imho this should be stickied everywhere
__________________
Learn about everything, do what you really enjoy and trust yourself.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. (George Orwell)
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. (Mohandas Gandhi)
Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power. ( Benito Mussolini)
Hell is Truth Seen Too Late. (Thomas Hobbes)

Last edited by dngrs; 23-07-2010 at 05:55 PM.
dngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #36
echoes_of_a_dream
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 242
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

OK, the "book" has been updated (lots of new stuff) for those interested...

http://www.realitty.tk/

I'm working on a video version as well, which is mainly just going to be (monotone) narration, lol, but it gives me the chance to explain things in other ways I guess.

Here is the intro...


Last edited by echoes_of_a_dream; 30-07-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: tags
echoes_of_a_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #37
decode reality
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24,061
Likes: 4,369 (2,796 Posts)
Default

This looks like an excellent thread, just found it.
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #38
decode reality
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24,061
Likes: 4,369 (2,796 Posts)
Default

The ability of words to shape reality was something understood by the ancient Egyptians. It's embedded in their language. The word tchet means both 'word' and 'deed'. They were acknowledging the power of the ideas we carry in our subconscious to manifest as our behaviour and situations in out life - with both good and unpleasant consequences, depending!
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #39
echoes_of_a_dream
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 242
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Thanks decode_reality, didn't know that

Phew, just finished the video series... once again I apologize in advance for my monotone voice but don't be put off, I am sure there is something here for everyone.

I (my ego) was tempted to start a new thread in the main forums because I would like this to get more exposure on this work (not because of a sense of arrogance but because I genuinely feel like there is something for everyone here).

Playlist:
echoes_of_a_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #40
decode reality
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24,061
Likes: 4,369 (2,796 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes_of_a_dream View Post
Thanks decode_reality, didn't know that

Phew, just finished the video series... once again I apologize in advance for my monotone voice but don't be put off, I am sure there is something here for everyone.

I (my ego) was tempted to start a new thread in the main forums because I would like this to get more exposure on this work (not because of a sense of arrogance but because I genuinely feel like there is something for everyone here).

Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...0D6AE771A3843F
I enjoyed watching the Language Matrix video. Very informative. If I might suggest that you used a touch more space in your narration also, this would help to deliver the material.

I'm a musician and I've always wanted to know more about the fundamental basis of creativity/communication via music, on many levels. Obviously, it's easy for discerning minds to see how the lyrical content of certain songs can contribute to negative programming. On another level, I'm also intrigued as to how musical innovators come up with new forms of expression; what is it about their way of viewing reality that enables them to be more 'outside the box' than most of their peers?
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.