Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > Donald Trump & all things Trump Town

Old 18-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #21
mranderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsteve View Post
Been there done that. I haven't had a TV since the 1980's! If you'll notice I said I went over to my girlfriend's house. What am I supposed to do; sneak into her house when she's not home and steal her television? I don't think she would like that. To be honest since her brother decided to get her mom satellite and got a box for her too it's put a serious strain on our relationship!

I feel for you steve I really do , I've been trying to get people to turn the T.V off for nearly 20 years now.

Hasn't worked very well for the most part and only makes me look like a lunatic when I start telling a room full of people they are being hypnotised by the magic box in the corner.

Even though they are.

They might drain the swamp but the snakes are still in the grass

It's symbolic of his struggle against reality
mranderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #22
felakuti

Quote:
Ok. I'm in deep trouble now. Went over to my girlfriend's last night and we watched a little news when this guy came on the tube saying the Trump administration is cutting the Meals on Wheels program. Then another official guy comes on and says the program is a total waste and my girlfriend started yelling at me for convincing her to vote for him saying he wants to kill her mother even though she's not even on the Meals on Wheels program. Frankly I'm having a hard time seeing how the program could be a total waste and think he's really gone too far this time! Even if the program really is a waste, to have a guy come out there who supposedly works for his administration come out and say it like that makes him appear rather heartless.
If you think that's bad, wait till he completes the wall he's building to keep you in, for when the shit really hits the fan.

Last edited by felakuti; 18-03-2017 at 07:49 PM.
felakuti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 07:51 PM   #23
surfsteve

I was just doing the math based on the video I posted in post #2 and the link Grandmasterp posted in post #3 and I'm having a definite change of heart.

quote: The budget plan estimates that cutting the program would save the government $3 billion.

quote: Meals on Wheels is one of the longest running programs in the Community Development Block Grant program, according to its website, and it served over 219 million meals to 2.4 million homebound senior citizens in 2016.

Quote:
At a press briefing Thursday, President Trump's Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney characterized the proposal as "compassionate," because it would protect taxpayers from putting money toward inefficient or ineffective programs.

"You're only focusing on half the equation, you're focusing on the recipients of the money," he told reporters. "We're trying to focus on the recipients of the money and the folks who give us the money in the first place. I think it's fairly compassionate for us to go and say, 'We're not going to ask for your money anymore unless we can guarantee to you your money is used in a proper function.'"
http://time.com/money/4703456/trump-...als-on-wheels/

Three Billion dollars divided by 219 million meals equals $13.70 per meal. That seems like a lot for one of those TV dinners.

But then I remembered from the first video I posted, from the guy advocating meals on wheels in post #2 that, that is only the share the federal government pays towards it.

Some states like Georgia he claimed pay more than half of the cost themselves while other states if I remember correctly receive as little as 1.5% from the program and pay the rest out of their own pocket. I think the video said the average was around a third or 35% which would mean if my calculations are correct, each one of those crappy little TV dinners costs somebody close to $45.
Old 18-03-2017, 08:55 PM   #24
surfsteve

Also I forgot that Meals on wheels only come once a day. That would mean that it would cost around 130 dollars to have someone come and drop off 3 crappy TV dinners to your house.

Considering that they only come 5 days a week it's even worse than that if they are dropping enough food off for over the weekend.

I wonder. Do they actually come 5 days a week or did he say they work five days a week. It could be that they only come a few times a week to different houses and drop off food. I don't see why they wouldn't drop off food for the weekend and then come 5 days a week. Unless maybe they don't give them any food for the weekend and the people have to fend for themselves which would beg the question: If they can go without Meals on Wheels over the weekend do they even really need it at all?
Old 18-03-2017, 09:12 PM   #25
the mighty zhiba
Inactive

Quote:

Three Billion dollars divided by 219 million meals equals $13.70 per meal. That seems like a lot for one of those TV dinners.

But then I remembered from the first video I posted, from the guy advocating meals on wheels in post #2 that, that is only the share the federal government pays towards it.

Some states like Georgia he claimed pay more than half of the cost themselves while other states if I remember correctly receive as little as 1.5% from the program and pay the rest out of their own pocket. I think the video said the average was around a third or 35% which would mean if my calculations are correct, each one of those crappy little TV dinners costs somebody close to $45.
It isn't just dinners, consider the actual logisitcs of getting food to a number of households per day, the fuel used in transport, the cost of the vehicles, the insurance, taxation and wages.

Then there is the storage and preperation of food as well as the costs for keeping it warm etc.

Even if the person delivering the meal is a volunteer, there will be a whole shed load of admin fees and wages to pay for managers etc - the people who order the food, work out delivery logs, pay all the costs. then there are generated accountants fees. All those managers use computers, need offices and phone lines and the charges that apply for such.

It is't just a case of a meal costing $13.70, there will be so many hidden costs that all add to the generic figure paid for out of public coffers.

And the thing about public coffers is this - they should go toward paying for sevices that the public use.

Last edited by the mighty zhiba; 18-03-2017 at 09:16 PM.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #26
andy1033

Disgusting if true.

Leaders are meant to be trained from early years, and it shows you trump never went through that training.

There is a method to the madness, of how the illuminati normally train there leaders.

But obviously trump never got that training from when he was little.

Like i said there is a method to the madness of the ptb of how they train there future leaders. Trump, is showing why never going through such things, really have him lacking in alot.

Being a bully type person may be good in a business world, but not as a leader, whom must understand the peoples he or she represents.

Whether the programme of meals on wheels works, how much are they saving by cutting it back?

America wastes an awful lot of needless things, while showing no heart at all, for those whom they have destroyed, or are unable to function enough to do stuff themselves.

Its why i always call christianity in america, fake christianity. Any group whom supports the israelis over what they do to gaza people, and call themselves christians, is bizarre.
"You put 10 tonnes of proof in front of people, if they are not ready to accept an idea, they will not accept the proof. No amount of evidence will suffice to prove anything, it is the jury that will decide, and you are the jury."
William Cooper - behold a pale horse video
^^
So true

Last edited by andy1033; 18-03-2017 at 09:51 PM.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #27
jake_ball

The story in the OP is all over the MSM. It is obviously true and accurate reporting. It wont be fake or inaccurate, or spun in any way to get the lefties foaming at the mouth
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 11:58 PM   #28
georgesmiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
The story in the OP is all over the MSM. It is obviously true and accurate reporting. It wont be fake or inaccurate, or spun in any way to get the lefties foaming at the mouth
check this out: No idea if it's fake or true - but suggests the msm did not report accurately. Perhaps I missed a nuance when reading the article - feel free to point that out. Or perhaps the source and author are suspect.

http://12160.info/page/did-trump-jus...not-even-close

Quote:
By:
Ben Shapiro
March 17, 2017

It’s time for the media to portray President Trump as cruel and evil. It’s harder for the media to do this with Trump than it has been with other Republicans, simply because Trump constantly uses the rhetoric of big government, guaranteeing Americans that their entitlements won’t be affected in any serious way. But with the presentation of his proposed budget, Democrats and the media finally pounced: Trump wants to kill old people by cutting funding to Meals on Wheels!

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) babbled, “The Republicans in Congress and this White House, as we’re seeing now just in a few weeks, never miss an opportunity to suck up money from the middle class.” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) followed the same tack: “Once again the Trump administration is showing its true colors: talk like a populist but govern like a special interests zealot.”

And Time headlined, “Trump’s Budget Would Kill A Program That Feeds 2.4 Million Senior Citizens.”

So, is Trump actually killing Meals on Wheels?

Not even close.

The Trump administration proposed budget would kill the Community Development Block Grant, a federal boondoggle that’s largely been used for waste and fraud. It costs $3 billion per year. As the budget proposal stated, “The Federal Government has spent over $150 billion on this block grant since its inception in 1974, but the program is not well-targeted to the poorest populations and has not demonstrated results.” Nick Gillespie of Reason explains:

The money often is not going to Meals on Wheels or even to the neediest communities. As a Reason Foundation analysis also from 2013 shows, wealthier communities get the larger chunks of the money, particularly counties that—what a coincidence!—are in proximity to Washington, D.C….Check out this audit from Riverside County, California, for their CDBG expenditures for 2016, and there's neither a meal nor a wheel to be found. Of the $761,744 the county received, nearly all of it went to improve a playground and the sidewalks of a single local elementary school. And note that the reason they were audited by Housing and Urban Development was because they hadn't provided proper documentation of their expenses.

Meals on Wheels does get some money from the CDGB. But the vast majority of its funding comes from elsewhere, and as even the leftists over at Snopes state,

Did Trump Just Kill Meals On Wheels? Not Even Close.
georgesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 04:05 AM   #29
vancity eagle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesmiley View Post
check this out: No idea if it's fake or true - but suggests the msm did not report accurately. Perhaps I missed a nuance when reading the article - feel free to point that out. Or perhaps the source and author are suspect.

http://12160.info/page/did-trump-jus...not-even-close
Ben Shapiro who used to work for Breitbart.

Basically what he is saying is that a program which funds meals on wheels is being cut by 3 Billion $. But he says that meals on wheels receives funding elsewhere.

They are claiming the 3 billion is full of waste by giving one ancedotal example.

However it is admitted that the Defence Department wastes aproximately 25 billion dollars a year, and Trump increased their budget by $54 billion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.48f6a8ae254c

Then there are the cuts to Obamacare, which this year alone will put 14 million Americans out of coverage.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...t_id%257D%257D

The bottom line is that the Trump administration is making cuts which WILL EFFECT Americans NEGATIVELY, while simultaneously increasing profits of the warmongers and killers.

There is no positive way to spin this.

Trump is a fraud. He is much worse than Obama.

WAKE UP.

Last edited by vancity eagle; 19-03-2017 at 04:14 AM.
vancity eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 07:25 AM   #30
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsteve
This is looking more and more like really a bad move for the Trump administration.
Dont worry he is just getting started!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 08:03 AM   #31
mranderson

The bigger picture here is this is part of a larger set of cuts

Not reported much are cuts to the EPA , involved in land grabs under Obama ,more land declared federal to fit in with Agenda 2030 as it's known now.

This alone is a huge story , as it does fit in with the general air of ambiguity toward global structures of governance.

The spin is clever, all ways focus on something emotional and then run it into the ground so the public fear the worst.

Old 19-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #32
surfsteve

The only up close experience I've ever had with meals on wheels was in Denver in the late 1970's when one of my lawn mowing customers on a block of which I mowed a lot of lawns asked if I could mow hers first because she had to go to the store so she could get change and be back in time for her meals to be delivered. She lived in a rather nice house in an affluent neighborhood and had a nice car. Turned out she needed to get some change so she could tip the volunteer girl delivering her meal. She offered to give me one of them but I had to politely decline because I was a vegetarian at the time. I remember her telling me that the main reason she got them was so she could give them to her daughter who was apparently not old enough to get them. I thought it was some kind of local program and till a few days ago had no idea that the federal government was involved in it. It may have been different back then. I have no idea. I had never heard of anything like that in my town so I had good reason to believe it was something local to that particular area,. It seemed like a very nice gesture of good will and kindness but I don't think people working for minimum wage who are barely getting buy should be forced to contribute to programs like that.
Old 19-03-2017, 08:52 PM   #33
aurum
Inactive

I think there are some great local business opportunities if you could develop a workable scheme- it just needs to be tailored and refined because the current system is clearly inefficient. Stay at home mothers, for example, could easily build a small business cooking large batches of fresh nutritious meals then portioning them up in tupperware containers so that a weeks worth of home cooking could be delivered to various recipients- stored in the freezer and taken out when needed etc.

Not just for the elderly, but also for people who are too busy with work and tend to resort to takeaways/ microwave dinners etc. The concept of having meals ready delivered doesn't just apply to the elderly anymore- lots of people who are money rich but time poor prefer to outsource the cooking and whole thought process behind putting together healthy meal programs. So you'd be creating jobs (provided the 'chefs' had completed food hygiene training- maybe subsidised by the state) whilst meeting a general need in the community- cutting out the needless layers of bureaucracy.
aurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 11:05 PM   #34
elenita

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurum View Post
I think there are some great local business opportunities if you could develop a workable scheme- it just needs to be tailored and refined because the current system is clearly inefficient. Stay at home mothers, for example, could easily build a small business cooking large batches of fresh nutritious meals then portioning them up in tupperware containers so that a weeks worth of home cooking could be delivered to various recipients- stored in the freezer and taken out when needed etc.

Not just for the elderly, but also for people who are too busy with work and tend to resort to takeaways/ microwave dinners etc. The concept of having meals ready delivered doesn't just apply to the elderly anymore- lots of people who are money rich but time poor prefer to outsource the cooking and whole thought process behind putting together healthy meal programs. So you'd be creating jobs (provided the 'chefs' had completed food hygiene training- maybe subsidised by the state) whilst meeting a general need in the community- cutting out the needless layers of bureaucracy.
I might just do this !!
elenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 12:15 AM   #35
mollymag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurum View Post

This sounds like a great and commendable plan. The only drawback is that because it would be a catering business, the government would get involved and they wouldn't let you do it because you don't have an industrial/approved kitchen. If you could do all the cooking in an approved kitchen--say borrowed from a restaurant that wasn't opened certain days of the week or was closed at certain hours, then it would be possible.

At one time I was involved in a church that did a free lunch program and we had to discontinue the program because the church kitchen didn't meet the industrial standard. It was a real shame because there was really nothing wrong that we could see we our kitchen.
mollymag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 02:31 AM   #36
mranderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymag4 View Post
. The only drawback is that because it would be a catering business, the government would get involved and they wouldn't let you do it because you don't have an industrial/approved kitchen..
This is the issue we face with big government.

They have literally put themselves in the middle of every human endeavour.

De centralisation of government would mean common sense prevailing again and things like community kitchens could operate with the slightest of oversight if any at all.

The problem big governments have given us , is they try to negate every conceivable outcome before it has even happened and they do this using regulations that choke human endeavour.

While I understand there will all ways be a need to weed out un scrupulous business practice, more often than not it is the little guys that end up with the shit end of the stick.

You can poison an entire city with lead for years, as in Flint Michigan , and get away with it because you are a giant corporate / government institution.

But you cannot collect your own rainwater because apparently that is not yours to collect.

It's a mad world, and de centralisation of government is a great way to go.

This is what de funding these block budgets is about, de centralisation.

If we have built a society dependant on hand outs, more fool us and we need to build societies based on their own ability to sustain using localised initiatives.

This is a paradox we find ourselves in, we want more autonomy as people and less intrusive behaviour from government, but when they go ahead and de fund something people loose their mind because dependency grew out of the handouts.

*edit* As an example of big government putting themselves in the middle of every human endeavour , I will give you the example of used car sales in the province I live in Canada.

Basically, when you buy a new car it is subject to a final tax on sale. When you re sell the vehicle privately, the new owner pays a transaction tax on sale of 12%.

If this guy turns around and sells it next week it is subject to another 12% tax ad infinitum. Every time the vehicle changes hands privately, the sales tax applies and you cannot register the vehicle otherwise because the tax is applied when you get new plates at the insurance brokers.

There is no way around it, and they are literally taxing private transactions of an all ready taxed product. It is insanity and pure greed, completely un justifiable and as a newcomer to Canada I have to say I see things in a different light and things like used cars tax is insanity from government gone mad. They literally tax everything you do a dozen times and if they could they would probably start taxing your dead body as it de composes and releases Co2.

Last edited by mranderson; 20-03-2017 at 02:36 AM.
Old 20-03-2017, 05:29 PM   #37
reverendjim
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakes View Post
Is it mate....the thread is called Trump Cuts Meals on Wheels Claims Total Waste!

The claim is that the money is not well spent.

This is the issue. It is about the money. The made up from nothing money. The allowance to live because one has to have something another made from nothing.

People, children, die every day because some psychopath has the supposed RIGHT to make up money....Which NO ONE gave them....they created that 'right' for themselves.

It must stop.

It is not a FMOTL concept....it is admitted by the bank of england.

The only issue's above this which require addressing are pedophilia and psychopaths.

all the people who get paid want the money. they want...to...be...paid. now if you think you can convince 99.999% of the population that theres another way....because until you manage to convince that 99.999% of the population that money is nothing...well... i daresay you get paid too...right? you get paid too. you need to be paid cos thats the way it is. thats how it works now. in the here and now. it sucks. but thats how it is. and if you want to see that end you have to convince that 99.999% of greedy, yes greedy, people or, well, maybe a comet will strike and take us back to the stone age. that'll do it. for a while. and then someone will come up with money again. cos, people are for the most part greedy and grasping. this is making me think of the david rockefeller dead thread. really...most people are just like him. you might not think so but they are. i've been watching for a life time. the vast majority are like this: the more they get the more they want. and enough is never enough. very few are not like this. very very few....so you have to deal with balancing books. you can kick and scream all you want. it wont change the fact that most people literally worship money. nothing esoteric or strange about that. to worship literally means to give value to. so...thats the way it is.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #38
reverendjim
Inactive

Quote:
Ok. I'm in deep trouble now. Went over to my girlfriend's last night and we watched a little news when this guy came on the tube saying the Trump administration is cutting the Meals on Wheels program. Then another official guy comes on and says the program is a total waste and my girlfriend started yelling at me for convincing her to vote for him saying he wants to kill her mother even though she's not even on the Meals on Wheels program. Frankly I'm having a hard time seeing how the program could be a total waste and think he's really gone too far this time! Even if the program really is a waste, to have a guy come out there who supposedly works for his administration come out and say it like that makes him appear rather heartless.
two things you need to know:
1) the big things have never changed because of the will of the people. they have changed for the most part because technological change forced society to adapt. its been that way since the beginning....
2) life is closer to home. very close to home. think about it. you live during these times. make the best of it.

you know, i rarely talk to people about this stuff anymore. and usually, at family functions these days, when someone brings up politics i just bluntly state that politics is like religion in that it requires believers and i am simply not religious. leaves them baffled. they usually shut up. if that doesn't work then i just ask them if they'd like to point out where anything has fundamentally changed in their lifetime...like did they vote away the corruption and graft etc etc etc. that does shut them up. if not, they get nothing but silence from me until the subject changes. or sometimes i just leave the room without ever uttering a word. leave the house...go for a walk...those kind of things.

my advice to you is never ever talk politics with girlfriends or family, dont even have an opinion. leave them to it.
edit: of course you might have a problem if you are a believer...lol.

Last edited by reverendjim; 20-03-2017 at 05:51 PM.
reverendjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 05:47 PM   #39
georgesmiley

Just came across this article also claiming funding has not been cut.

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...rolling-along/

part of the article:

Quote:

3/20/2017

Budget: Let's start with a basic fact. Contrary to news reports last week, President Trump is not eliminating funding for Meals on Wheels. He's not even cutting it.

How do we know this? Meals on Wheels says so. A statement issued by Meals on Wheels America on Thursday notes that 35% of the revenues at the 5,000 or so local Meals on Wheels programs come via the Older Americans Act Nutrition Program.

Trump's budget outline says nothing about this program whatsoever.

What Trump's budget does propose is cutting is the corruption-prone Community Development Block Grant program, run out of Housing and Urban Development. Some, but not all, state and local governments use a tiny portion of that grant money, at their own discretion, to "augment funding for Meals on Wheels," according to the statement.

Nevertheless, when the New York Times reported on Trump's budget last Wednesday, they dispensed with such details, and simply said that CDBG "funds popular programs like Meals on Wheels, housing assistance and other community assistance efforts."

This misleading shorthand quickly turned into "Trump wants to kill Meals on Wheels."
I wish we lived in a real world - is investors.com fake news/compromised - if so, how?

anyway - just supplying more input.
georgesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #40
lakes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendjim View Post
all the people who get paid want the money. they want...to...be...paid. now if you think you can convince 99.999% of the population that theres another way....because until you manage to convince that 99.999% of the population that money is nothing...well... i daresay you get paid too...right? you get paid too. you need to be paid cos thats the way it is. thats how it works now. in the here and now. it sucks. but thats how it is. and if you want to see that end you have to convince that 99.999% of greedy, yes greedy, people or, well, maybe a comet will strike and take us back to the stone age. that'll do it. for a while. and then someone will come up with money again. cos, people are for the most part greedy and grasping. this is making me think of the david rockefeller dead thread. really...most people are just like him. you might not think so but they are. i've been watching for a life time. the vast majority are like this: the more they get the more they want. and enough is never enough. very few are not like this. very very few....so you have to deal with balancing books. you can kick and scream all you want. it wont change the fact that most people literally worship money. nothing esoteric or strange about that. to worship literally means to give value to. so...thats the way it is.
I am sorry that my post did not express my considerations in an exact manner.

I have no problem with a 'barter' system being used upon this plain of being....I do have an issue with a particular form of biped allowing and enforcing an utterly one sided system.

The ability to 'create' a transferable means of labour exchange should only be an asset of the mass....without any form of usury.

There is no national debt for any supposed country, there are only psychopaths who need to be held to account for their evil.
lakes is offline   Reply With Quote