Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 11-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
truth finder

Default 'Fairy' Photographed in South London Garden

'Fairy' Photographed in South London Garden
http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/200...th-london.html

dailymail.co.uk - It fluttered into her life and left a little bit of fairy dust.

But no matter how hard Phyllis Bacon scours her garden, she can find no trace of her silver-winged visitor. All she has is this picture.

And as she examines the photo of the tiny glowing creature darting around above her lawn, she finds herself believing in fairies.

Fairies who frolic at the bottom of gardens in New Addington, near Croydon in South London.

Mrs Bacon, 55, said she was not even looking through the camera at the time she took the picture.

Instead she simply clicked the button while holding it at arm's length out of the back door while chatting with relatives in her kitchen after dinner.

Astonished by what she saw when she glimpsed at the picture, she has spent months seeking a rational explanation.

But after scouring the internet for pictures of butterflies, moths and beetles that might match it, she has drawn a blank.

'I think it must be a fairy,' she said yesterday as she made the picture public for the first time.

'No one I've shown the photos to has come up with any plausible explanation as to what the figure is.' The photo reminds some of the Cottingley fairies, photographed in a West Yorkshire garden in 1917.

At the time, Elsie Wright, 16, and her ten-year-old cousin, Frances Griffiths, claimed to have captured images of themselves playing with tiny winged creatures.

Only many decades later did they admit that the photographs were faked and involved cut-out drawings of fairy figures that were fastened to foliage with hatpins.

Mrs Bacon insists her photograph, taken in 2007, involved no sleight of hand.

She said she had been reluctant to show it off widely for fear of being branded 'nutty'.

'I used to like fairy stories as a child, but I can't claim to have ever seen one before or since,' she said.

'Looking back, I think there was a fungi fairy ring in the garden at the time I took the picture, but I don't really know what to make of it all.

'To be honest, I don't know what it is and I'm keen to listen to anyone's suggestions. But until someone can tell me otherwise I'm going to go on thinking it's a fairy.'

Experts and the simply sceptical will no doubt point to explanations involving reflections, flashes or technical glitches.

But then, that's just taking all the magic out of it.

Click the link for pics...
truth finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
alithinos

Looks fake.
alithinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
octopusrex

Looks genuine.
octopusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
truth finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusrex View Post
Looks genuine.

u can see the shape of ehat appears to be a moth? but i don't know about the dust or light, looks like a real photo ( untouched though )
Old 13-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
hooch

to me it looks like a moth, which got into the frame, a slow shutter speed was used, plus flash, which has drawn out the shape slightly and made it appear larger and slightly 'soft'.
hooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

moths don't have arms and legs as we might pecieve a fairy to have tho, and the pic looks to show something with what appears to be the arms and legs as we may attribute to a faerie like being?

Last edited by merlincove; 13-09-2009 at 03:38 PM.
merlincove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
truth finder

found this one aswell sort of looks simular?

can someone tell me how to post a pic on here in lamens term?

Last edited by truth finder; 13-09-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 15-09-2009, 05:05 AM   #8
biblegirl

biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 05:08 AM   #9
biblegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth finder View Post

found this one aswell sort of looks simular?

can someone tell me how to post a pic on here in lamens term?
truth finder for the photos that were already on the website, here is how i posted them here: right click on the photo and select "copy URL", then when posting my reply here on the forum, I clicked the "insert image" icon (the little yellow square with the mountains in it above the reply box), then pasted the url in the pop up box.
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
truth finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
truth finder for the photos that were already on the website, here is how i posted them here: right click on the photo and select "copy URL", then when posting my reply here on the forum, I clicked the "insert image" icon (the little yellow square with the mountains in it above the reply box), then pasted the url in the pop up box.

Cheers, thanks for that..
Old 15-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
psychicdave1

i think it is a moth. the fact that it is out of focus gives the impression of other limbs.
Dave
psychicdave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #12
truth finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post

Cheers.
Old 15-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #13
rhydra

it's not a moth but a cranefly or a daddy-long-legs they fly with their legs held out like that, this is the time of year for them, they are all over the place.
Old 16-09-2009, 02:19 AM   #14
truth finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhydra View Post
it's not a moth but a cranefly or a daddy-long-legs they fly with their legs held out like that, this is the time of year for them, they are all over the place.

I didn't know daddy long legs could fly?
Old 06-08-2018, 05:09 AM   #15
better21

Just a moth.
better21 is offline   Reply With Quote