Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 11-11-2008, 09:23 AM   #41
jason_bourne

The Sedgwich Museum of Earth Sciences

New information on fossilised South American giant
Megarachne

Megarachne, a 300 million year old fossil from the Carboniferous of Argentina was described in 1980 at the world's largest spider. The idea of a huge tarantula-like spider with a body length of almost 34 cm and an estimated leg span of 50 cm caught the imagination of the public and scientists alike.
jason_bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:23 AM   #42
guuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_bourne View Post
The Sedgwich Museum of Earth Sciences

New information on fossilised South American giant
Megarachne

Megarachne, a 300 million year old fossil from the Carboniferous of Argentina was described in 1980 at the world's largest spider. The idea of a huge tarantula-like spider with a body length of almost 34 cm and an estimated leg span of 50 cm caught the imagination of the public and scientists alike.

I think that this particular specimin was proven to be a species of sea scorpion.

Did anyone see a recent edition of MONSTER QUEST?

Apparently they investigated reports of giant monster spiders, some in the Amazon and the congo said to be able to rear up on back legs 'to the height of a man', raid villages and take dogs, pigs etc.

Also a species repotedly in the american southwest nicknamed 'Texas deer killers' for a good reason.

they didn't find any actual monster ones on the show, but eyewitness accounts sound convincing.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #43
shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuna View Post
There have been reports of some expedition members exploring Central Africa for another elusive Cryptid, The Mkele Mbembe, or mysterious dinosaur like beast of the central African jungles, of a monstrous species of giant spider.

Apparently this creature is known and feared by the Baka pygmie tribe,it has a leg span of aprox 5-6 feet, and resembles a vast Tarantula, or bird eating type spider.

IT is known in the Baka Language as j'ba fofi.

Now that if it's true, is one critter you'd not like to find sharing your sleeping bag!

Meh.. Nothing I couldn't take care of with a slipper or a rolled-up newspaper
shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #44
octopusrex

Maybe not pigs and dogs but some of the spiders in the back yard might eat some of the younger chickens.
octopusrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #45
halleyscomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_6 View Post
This is just what i was thinking, according to the limitations of the average chitinous exoskeleton, the maximum size of a spider is about the size of a small cat (and that is pushing it) but of course there were spiders in prehistoric times that were larger than this.
However there may well have been environmental factors back in prehistory that account for this increased size, or indeed with the large amount of variation we see in arachnoids it's not in the realms of fantasy to suppose that one of the hairy bastards has figured out the perfect configuration to support such a large weight.
The major limitation is the spider's book lungs, which can't process enough oxygen to keep massive specimens alive, let alone let them thrive.

In past ages, the atmosphere's Oxygen content was much higher than it is today, allowing species with less efficient respiration methods to grow to massive sizes.

Now, if a spider manged to develop mammalian style lungs the next limitation will be the exoskeleton. As the fossil record reveals, that still leaves a LOT of room for growth. Circulation would also be an issue, but there's no need to worry about that until the beasties deal with the breathing issue.
halleyscomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #46
bicycle

A HUGE and terrifying spider which forced an Essex family from their home is already planning a major programme of refurbishment.

The camel spider plans to rip out the existing kitchen, replace the sanitary ware in the main bathroom and has asked three local firms to quote for a conservatory.

It said last night: "Let's knock down the partition between the kitchen and the dining room and replace it with a wide archway where I can spin huge webs for snaring cats.

"And we'll obviously have to reconfigure the bedrooms to accommodate the five and a half million children I'll be having next spring."

The spider added: "The last home I forced a family out of was in northern Afghanistan.

"I tried my best but there's only so much you can do with mud and sticks. I was never gonna get on Grand Designs with that one."

The spider said it was sorry the family had to move out, stressing it was more than happy to share.

"Just me and my huge, scaly abdomen, my eight hairy, spindly legs that help me move silently up your arm, and of course my nightmarish pincers that I use to kill enormous scorpions."
bicycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #47
guuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
A HUGE and terrifying spider which forced an Essex family from their home is already planning a major programme of refurbishment.

The camel spider plans to rip out the existing kitchen, replace the sanitary ware in the main bathroom and has asked three local firms to quote for a conservatory.

It said last night: "Let's knock down the partition between the kitchen and the dining room and replace it with a wide archway where I can spin huge webs for snaring cats.

"And we'll obviously have to reconfigure the bedrooms to accommodate the five and a half million children I'll be having next spring."

The spider added: "The last home I forced a family out of was in northern Afghanistan.

"I tried my best but there's only so much you can do with mud and sticks. I was never gonna get on Grand Designs with that one."

The spider said it was sorry the family had to move out, stressing it was more than happy to share.

"Just me and my huge, scaly abdomen, my eight hairy, spindly legs that help me move silently up your arm, and of course my nightmarish pincers that I use to kill enormous scorpions."
I understand that giant camel spiders are in fact a persecuted minority in Iraq and Affganistan. The local council will however do all they can to accomodate them and get them to 'fit in'.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #48
guuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
The major limitation is the spider's book lungs, which can't process enough oxygen to keep massive specimens alive, let alone let them thrive.

In past ages, the atmosphere's Oxygen content was much higher than it is today, allowing species with less efficient respiration methods to grow to massive sizes.

Now, if a spider manged to develop mammalian style lungs the next limitation will be the exoskeleton. As the fossil record reveals, that still leaves a LOT of room for growth. Circulation would also be an issue, but there's no need to worry about that until the beasties deal with the breathing issue.
Maybe some nutcase scientist created these things for the 'nightmare lab', could be introduced to remote areas like the Congo, Amazon or far north Australia.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #49
dankai

Whoa....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN
Old 11-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #50
chattanova

Spider Catches Hummingbird
Quote:

A female Black and Yellow Garden Spider made a web on one of my daughter’s outside buildings. She noticed something caught in its web on Sunday morning and discovered it was a decapitated hummingbird. The spider must have been hungry because the humming bird’s head wasn't found anywhere near the web.

--Bill Smith

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/photo

OOPARTS http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442

_____Truth Doesn't Fear Investigation_____
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #51
truth finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post

Now thats creepy, as i look around the room now..lol
truth finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #52
electron2012

Wasn't a spider exactly like that in one of the harry potter and lord of the rings films?

- Michael A. Cremo
electron2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #53
truth finder

Did any one see the giant spider episodw on Monsterquest?
truth finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #54
veritasvoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeney1 View Post
I Had Found One Of These Aussie Blighters In My Cupboard a few Months Back
Image removed for my sanity. I'm generally ok with spiders, but my calmness diminishes with an increase in size and proximity.

For that one, I'd recommend the following:

Knowing my luck, when the ET's finally land, they're going to be giant spiders.

Last edited by veritasvoice; 12-09-2009 at 05:38 PM.
veritasvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2009, 05:30 AM   #55
biblegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuna View Post
There have been reports of some expedition members exploring Central Africa for another elusive Cryptid, The Mkele Mbembe, or mysterious dinosaur like beast of the central African jungles, of a monstrous species of giant spider.

Apparently this creature is known and feared by the Baka pygmie tribe,it has a leg span of aprox 5-6 feet, and resembles a vast Tarantula, or bird eating type spider.

IT is known in the Baka Language as j'ba fofi.

Now that if it's true, is one critter you'd not like to find sharing your sleeping bag!
is this reported in the same area as the dinosaur? if so that could be significant, there could be some sort of sustainable environment for giant species of animals
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2009, 06:12 AM   #56
bsmurph83
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal_spirit View Post
cannot find any pics of the mysterious spiders in the jungle.

Here's what a camel spiders bite look like

truly terrifying

i love photoshop...
bsmurph83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #57
guuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
is this reported in the same area as the dinosaur? if so that could be significant, there could be some sort of sustainable environment for giant species of animals
Yes, the exact same area, although this covers a vast area spreading across sevral countries, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo-Brazzaville, Gabon, Northern Angola.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #58
guuna

Quote:
had one mate used to shoot these orb weavers with a air rifle. Said they made a bit of a splat!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #59
guuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by graflok View Post
From The Biggest Secret:
"She [Arizona Wilder] says she was personally programmed by Josef Mengele (she
knows him as Green or Greenbaum), a shape-shifting reptilian, and the infamous Nazi
mind controller and genetic manipulator, who escaped at the end of the war with the
help of British and American Intelligence to continue his horrors in the United
Kingdom, the United States, and South America. He once showed her a spider a foot
wide which he had genetically developed ..."
so this area of the Congo could be some kind of testing area, or nightmare lab if you will...
Old 01-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #60
standuptothisshit

Quote:
spider catches hummingbird
Do not want!

"Be open-minded. Be extremely open-minded. But don't be too open-minded. Your brains will fall out."

Nobody's smart but ME!

Last edited by standuptothisshit; 01-06-2010 at 10:10 PM.
standuptothisshit is offline   Reply With Quote