Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 12-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #21
greenleaf
Banned

Quote:
Tiny dinosaur discovered
ITN - Tuesday, February 12 09:31 am
Scientists believe they have found evidence of a tiny pterodactyl in China.

The toothless flying reptile has been studied at Brazil's national museum, where it was found to have a wing span of just 250 millimetres (9.8 inches) and unexpectedly-curved toes.

Most pterodactyl fossils are found in coastal areas but this specimen was discovered in the western part of China's Liaoning province, which would have been covered in forest 120 million years ago.

As a result, scientists have called the reptile "Nemicolopterus crypticus," which means 'hidden flying forest dweller',

Palaeontologist Alexander Kellner said: "The fundamental importance of this discovery is that it opens up a new chapter in the history of evolution of these flying reptiles.

"So far, we never knew that these animals were adapted to live in the canopies of the trees, which is the case of the Nemicolopterus."

The tiny fossilised reptile has a skull that is not fully fused, so it died before reaching adulthood, but the ends of the bones were developed, so it was not a hatchling either.
greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #22
chattanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenleaf View Post
lol thats simply amazing

OOPARTS http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11442

_____Truth Doesn't Fear Investigation_____
chattanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #23
hagbard_celine

I wonder of Nessa Felagund has heard of this. I know she lives in the area.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #24
madthumbs

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/livptero.htm:

Quote:
Most advocates of living pterosaurs are strict creationists or cryptozoologists.
Acts 2:19
Quote:
And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
Yet where is the proof! People claim they see these things, the same group of people also claim to have seen Jesus! When tribes of people have genetic differences from others, they ascribe those distinguishing features to their version of Jesus. - (all these people see the same racist God in their own image).

It's a package deal. Buy into these flying cherubs or whatever they want you to think they are, and you're a step closer to believing in their imaginary almighty friend.

I suppose the reason they can't find the remains of such a huge flying beast is because it ascends to Heaven.

I won't say this is impossible, but there is incentive for TPTB and the media to hype this out of nothing. There's also the possibility of it being a secret government aircraft, or genetically modified pet. -lol

Last edited by madthumbs; 13-02-2008 at 07:26 PM.
madthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #25
nessa felagund
Premier Subscribers

Hello, everyone, I have heard of these strange creatures.

Could this be some type of experiment that escaped or just a throw back in nature?

It seems that many new species are cropping up all over the place.

I'm keeping a watchful eye on this story.
nessa felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2008, 02:36 PM   #26
chattanova

More Huge Flying Creature Sightings In Pennsylvania

Quote:
From Researcher: Stan Gordon
www.stangordonufo.com

This past February, I wrote about a man who reported a very close observation of a giant bird in neighboring West Virginia in late September,or early October, 2007. The man was driving on a rural two lane roadway outside of the town of Clendenin, at about 8 A.M. when he had to step hard on his brakes,to avoid hitting a giant flying creature in the middle of the road. The giant bird was only a few yards ahead of him, and was feeding on road kill. The witness, an avid hunter, was startled by the size of the creature, which stood at least four feet tall, with it’s head extending above the roof line of his vehicle.

The bird was covered with very dark brown or black feathers. The head seemed dominant, but not over proportioned to its body. The neck seemed long and slightly crooked. The beak was very long and large, and the eyes were very dark. But the feature which stood out was the massive wingspan of the bird. The wingspan was easily as wide as the two lane road. The witness stated, "the wings were as I can remember, as arms of a human are attached. It had shoulders. It had a very muscular upper torso and the wings were as if they were its arms."

The wing tips stirred the dust and gravel on both sides of the roadway as it ran to become airborne. The witness later returned to the site and measured the distance across the road from edge to edge. It was 21 feet. The witness stated that he was in a slight state of shock as he watched the creature fly off. The witness later tried searching for the identify this bird, but the closest creature he could find in a book was the drawing of a terratorn, an extinct bird. For more details on this case, see my report, " Was This A Close Encounter With A Thunderbird," at www.stangordonufo.com.

Rick Fisher, a researcher from Lancaster County, and Director of the Paranormal Society of Pennsylvania (www.paranormalpa.com) received a report from a witness who also saw a strange flying creature. Rick indicated that the witness appeared to be very credible and sincere, and wanted to remain anonymous due to his profession. This sighting was believed to have occurred about June or July of 2007, near the community of Granite Run. The witness was driving through the area at about 1:30 A.M., when he stopped to get some gas.

While pumping the gas, he heard a scratching sound which appeared to be coming from the roof of a nearby building. The man observed a dark shadow which he described as a being which stood from 3 to 4 feet tall, in a hunched position. He was able to observe that it had wings, but no feathers. The wings were above the creatures head. The witness felt that the creature was observing him, and from what he could see from the shape, it didn’t appear to be that of a bird.

The witness left the location for a brief time, and when he returned, he heard a whooshing sound and wings flapping, and could see that the creature had flown over to another nearby structure. The man had to be somewhere, and he left the area, still wondering about what he saw. When Rick interviewed the witness, he was certain that this was not a bird, owl, or anything he was familiar with.

Rick Fisher also received another giant flying creature report, which occurred about 8 miles outside of Harrisburg, in a very rural area. This sighting is believed to have taken place during the early morning hours of February 23, 2008. The driver said that he was driving about 35-40 miles per hour, when a huge bird like thing appeared from above the trees, came down and seemed to hover above his vehicle. The witness made Rick aware that he is an active hunter and angler, and had never seen anything like this before. He stated that the thing was huge, but wasn’t sure that he could call it a bird. The shadow of the creature covered his entire truck.

The driver who had a gun permit, and had the weapon with him, stopped his truck, and got out to get a better look at the creature. Whatever it was, had now flown above the trees and was moving away. The witness who has watched many birds in the woods, said this thing kind of soared or glided without a flapping motion. The witness admitted that he was quite scared during the observation, and stressed how huge the creature was, and stated," like prehistoric almost." The witness went on to say that he knew what he saw, and if people want to call him crazy that is fine.

Another more recent sighting of a giant winged something, just came to my attention. Jim Brown, an experienced paranormal researcher from Fayette County, provided me with details about this case which he is currently investigating. Jim has a very interesting web site:
www.jimsdestinations.com.

This incident occurred on May 20, 2008, at about 2 P.M. in Washington County, Pennsylvania.
The weather was in the 50s, and partly sunny at the time. The location of the sighting was about two miles north of US Route 40, from the southbound lanes of PA Route 43. The roadway is a four lane divided highway, two north and two south, with a grass median between them. The witness who Jim interviewed, was traveling south on the four lane roadway, about two miles from the Route 40 interchange. The communities of Brownsville and California were off to his left, across from the Monongahela River.

As the man traveled down the road, his attention was drawn to what he thought at first was an aircraft moving over the trees. He soon noticed that the wings were moving. The flying thing was moving in the direction of his car, so he pulled off the road, and got out to get a better look. The winged thing passed over the car and moved behind the witness, about 100 feet overhead. At that point this creature appeared to be gliding, and getting lower, and it looked more like a giant bat than a bird.

The witness could see no feathers, only short dark gray or black hair on the body. The wings appeared to be a membrane stretched over bone. It was a little difficult to see the details due to the sky being so bright. The witness commented that a small amount of light could be seen through the membrane. He emphasized that it was not solid like metal. As the man watched, the creature dropped lower from the sky behind his car. Apparently other motorists also caught sight of the huge flying animal.

One car stopped down the road, and a person got out. That driver had a camera with him, and was seen taking pictures of the flying creature. As they watched, the creature glided down to no more than 20 feet above the road surface, and was seen flapping its wings once or twice. With each wing flap, the creature appeared to rise about 20 feet higher above the roadway.
Since the creature was flying so low, its huge wingspan was very evident to the witness. The man told Jim that when the creature spread its wings,they extended beyond the one edge of the pavement, to the other side of the two lane road. That would be about 20 feet or more in length.

The creature flew off towards the west, and was lost from sight over the trees on that side of the road. The man with the camera was seen running into the woods following the creature. The witness expressed to Jim that he was not going to stay around that location any longer and decided to leave. He was concerned that he could be attacked. He commented that this flying creature was big enough that it could easily pick up a man. There were no sounds or other effects reported as the creature moved over. The entire observation was estimated to have lasted about 45 seconds to one minute.

We are hopeful that the person who took the pictures of this creature will contact Jim Brown or myself. If anyone else has had a similar encounter, I am interested in hearing from them.

http://www.paranormalnews.com/articl...ArticleID=1271

Old 14-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #27
chattanova

Minnesota Mystery Track

Quote:
I receive emails, lots of messages, through my website. Some of them contain intriguing items that people are innocently trying to identify. I received one such email from a Ms. Sheila Cave of Minnesota, who with her family, had found a large, mystery footprint. I followed up with various questions about how she found this lone track.

I also asked her permission to share the following images here, to see what kinds of ideas people might have on the originals of the photographed footprint.

First some background on the find.

Ms. Cave began with a simple inquiry, through a contact page (not tied to Cryptomundo), asking if I would look at her track photos to see if I could tell her what the animal might have been:

I would like to send you some photos I had taken on a recent weekend trip up to Isabella, MN. We were deep into the wilderness along the Mitawan stream jumping rocks and logs catching trout when I stumbled across an unknown track of an animal. I didn’t have plaster with me, but I did have my camera, and based on the size of my shoe in one of the pictures, I’m estimating the track to be about 8 1/2-9 inches in length.

I asked for more details, and for her to forward the photos. Here’s what I received, which clearly, while I thought this was probably a mundane animal or a hoax, I found interesting, the more she told me about how and where she found it:

My husband, myself, and our two sons were walking along the Mitowan stream up in Isabella, MN Sunday, August 31st, 2008 doing some trout fishing. My husband decided that he wanted to go deeper into the woods to follow the stream in the hopes that he would find some good deep trout holes, so I followed him way back into the woods around several bends of the stream through some tough terrain.

We came across this area (where the tracks were found) and it looked like a good spot to catch trout, several large timbers over the water, old glacier rocks and large deep cesspools so we climbed up on some rocks and one of my son’s started fishing there. I started taking some photos of the area and wanted to get a better capture of my son fishing so I decided to jump over to the rock (where I found the prints in the mud). The prints were not visible and surrounded by grass prior to me jumping over to that rock. Had I not jumped over there, I would have never seen them or found them.

When I got over to the flat rock, I immediately saw the prints in the mud. My first impression was being mystified at the size of the track. I bent over closely to look at the long (finger-hand like look of the claws and seeing the small indentations of the tip of the claw in the mud) I was amazed at the size of the heel which reminded me of a human heel. I hollered to my husband to come over and look at the track. He’s been an avid outdoors man spending a great deal of time in the wilderness and he had never seen a track like that before he said “it was really weird”.

I took out my Nikon Coolpix 6.0 digital camera and took several photos of different angles, close ups and put my boot in one photo for a size comparison. I kept studying the print trying to figure out what it could be. I wasn’t certain how clear any of the pictures would come out until I got home to put them on my computer. I just held the camera as steady as I could. After taking the photos, I started pushing the tall grass back behind the print looking for any additional prints, but could find none. My husband had already walked through the mud along the embankment coming over to the rock where I was so if any additional prints had been there, they were already trampled.

Once home, I immediately began looking for answers to what the print was. It measured 8 1/2 inches long based on my boot print in comparison and from appearances, looked like a five toed animal, much like that of a beaver, muskrat (which is closely resembled especially the heel) and a raccoon. However, this track measured 4 inches longer than a Beaver, 6 inches longer than a muskrat and 4 1/2 inches longer than that of a raccoon which didn’t make identification easy for me. I realized quickly this was not any type of bird track, as all large birds (Eagles, Wild Turkeys, Owls, etc) have only 3 toes and not a large wide heel but a 4th skinny claw (for a heel) and the center claw (2nd toe) lines up with the heel unlike that of my track which indicates a five claw toed animal. This animals heel is very deep into the mud, at least close to two inches unlike it’s finger-like claws, so the animal put most of it’s weight on the heel when it stepped there. I wished with all of my heart that I would have had some plaster with me at that moment of finding this. I was so focused on the print that I didn’t even noticed until I came home that the photo contained a print of a moose/deer hoof track that partially stepped over the unknown track on the right side.

Bewildered, I then contacted the MN DNR, and Robert Kirsch was assigned to analyze the photos. He emailed me on September 2nd in the evening with the response “there is not a native species that leaves a track like this”.Sheila Cave

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/mn-myst-trk/

Old 14-09-2008, 08:56 PM   #28
duckingdafta

It has been discovered the pterodactyl in Texas is a hoax...

.. where people though they saw a giant loud bird.. It was Alex Jones and his megaphone on a hand-glider.
twitter.com/dafta_duck
duckingdafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 05:44 AM   #29
notthisshitagain
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckingdafta View Post

.. where people though they saw a giant loud bird.. It was Alex Jones and his megaphone on a hand-glider.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA holy fuck! *rolls on the floor laughing*
notthisshitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #30
haukipesukone

I saw these couple of videos on dragons in Louisville some while ago. Maybe they're actually pterodactyls.

They're so obviously fake that I think it works as evidence towards the existence of "dragons". The videos hint as if there have been more dragon sightings in Louisville. Does anyone know anything about Louisville, where it is, does it even exist and have there actually been dragon sightings there?

Is Action News some actual "news" program or was it made up just for the videos on Youtube? Hard to imagine anyone would actually show those videos on TV.
haukipesukone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #31
biblegirl

Hey, I was wondering if there is a connection here. The pics below are obviously just artists renderings of it, but what if the cockatrice and the pterodactyl are one and the same creature? Head of a rooster but tail of a serpent?

http://www.kjv-only.com/cockatrice.html
The cockatrice is a mythological creature with the body of a dragon or serpent, and the head and legs of a rooster. According to myth, they are the product of a rooster egg (a rare thing indeed!) hatched by a serpent or toad. A magical creature, it can kill with a glance, and its breath is poisonous. The terms "cockatrice" and "basilisk" are usually used interchangeably.

biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #32
tinmenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckingdafta View Post

tinmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 04:30 AM   #33
haukipesukone

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
Hey, I was wondering if there is a connection here. The pics below are obviously just artists renderings of it, but what if the cockatrice and the pterodactyl are one and the same creature? Head of a rooster but tail of a serpent?
That's a very interesting idea. Do you have more evidence/information about how they could be connected? 'cause I'd like to hear more. As far as I know pterodactyls don't turn people into stone or aren't poisonous.
Old 17-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #34
biblegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post
[/CENTER]
Call me crazy, but does that not look like a beak? Why would a reptile have a beak?

Cockatrices are mentioned a few times in the Old Testament, and described as "flying serpents". A pterodactyl is a "flying reptile". Also I am tracking down the sightings where people have reported a rooster like crest on the head.
Okay, so where did the pterodactyls go? Why don't we see them (much ) in the present time? Well the description goes that a cockatrice comes from a product that a rooster puts out only once at a certain season of its life, during a time of astrological importance. Then this "egg" is hatched by a serpent or toad. In the OT, "wicked" people seem to be associated with their production:

Isaiah 59:2
2But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you... your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness...they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity... they hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper...Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths...the way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.

Seem like some pretty bad guys. Interesting that pterodactyl sightings are linked to illuminati/underground base areas and activities. If pterodactyls still exist, what is the harm in the public knowing that? Why are sightings treated as alien sightings? What are they trying to hide?

A cockatrice overdoor at Belvedere Castle (1869) in New York's Central Park

[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img142/dragontransomzs0.jpg/1/][IMG]

Last edited by biblegirl; 17-09-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 17-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #35
biblegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
I also heard once about a group of miners who found a pteradactyl trapped underground.

I must get that book; the foreword is by Jonathan Downes.
This is from my mysteries book:

"...in the experience of a number of startled French workmen, the last one died in the winter of 1856 in a partially completed railway tunnel between the St. Dizier and Nancy lines. In the half-light of the tunnel, something monstrous stumbled toward them out of a great boulder of Jurassic limestone they had just split open. It fluttered its wings, croaked, and died at their feet.
The creature, whose wingspan was 10 feet 7 inches, had four legs joined by a membrane, like a bat. What should have been feet were long talons, and the mouth was arrayed with sharp teeth. The skin was like black leather, thick and oily.
At the nearby town of Gray, the creature was immediately identified by a local stundent of paleontology as a pterodactyl. The rock stratum in which it has been found was consistent with the period when pterodactyls lived, and the limestone boulder that had imprisoned the winged reptile for millions of years was found to contain a cavity in the form of an exact mold of the creatures body. (The Illustrated London News, February 9, 1856, p.166)"
Old 21-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #36
biblegirl

Default a few modern sightings

May, 1961, New York State - A businessman flying his private plane over the Hudson River Valley claimed that he was "buzzed" by a large flying creature that he said "looked more like a pterodactyl out of the prehistoric ages."

Early 1960s, California - A couple driving through Trinity National Forest reported seeing the silhouette of a giant "bird" that they estimated to have a wingspan of 14 feet. They later described it as resembling a pterodactyl.

January, 1976, Harlingen, Texas - Jackie Davis (14) and Tracey Lawson (11) reported seeing a "bird" on the ground that stood five feet tall, was dark in color with a bald head and a face like a gorilla's with a sharp, six-inch-long beak. A subsequent investigation by their parents uncovered tracks that had three toes and were eight inches across.

February, 1976, San Antonio, Texas - Three elementary school teachers saw what they described as a pterodactyl swooping low over their cars as they drove. They said its wingspan was between 15 and 20 feet. One of the teachers commented that it glided through the air on huge, bony wings - like a bat's.

September, 1982, Los Fresnos, Texas - An ambulance driver named James Thompson was stopped while driving on Highway 100 by his sighting of a "large birdlike object" flying low over the area. He described it as black or grayish with a rough texture, but no feathers. It had a five- to six-foot wingspan, a hump on the back of its head, and almost no neck at all. After consulting some books to identify the creature, he decided it most looked like a pterosaur.

Africa's Kongamato

While other reports of pterosaur-like creatures have come out of Arizona, Mexico and Crete, it is out of central Africa that some of the most interesting anecdotes have come. While traveling though Zambia in 1923, Frank H. Melland collected reports from natives of an aggressive flying reptile they called kongamoto, which means "overwhelmer of boats." The natives, who were occasionally tormented by these creatures, described them as being featherless with smooth skin, having a beak full of teeth and a wingspan of between four and seven feet. When shown illustrations of pterosaurs, Melland reported, "every native present immediately and unhesitatingly picked out and identified it as a kongamato."

In 1925, a native man was allegedly attacked by a creature that he identified as a pterosaur. This occurred near a swamp in Rhodesia (now Zambia) where the man suffered a large wound in his chest that he said was caused by the monster's long beak.

In the late 1980s, noted cryptozoologist Roy Mackal led an expedition into Namibia from which he had heard reports of a prehistoric-looking creature with a wingspan of up to 30 feet.
http://paranormal.about.com/library/.../aa061702a.htm
Old 21-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #37
chattanova

Thanks biblegirl Interesting stuff

Old 22-09-2008, 03:34 AM   #38
haukipesukone

I concur, interesting stuff. Maybe pterodactyls are some kind of witches' familiars to the Illuminati. The idea that they are the product of genetic manipulation is just so passé.
"What lies within always has a form without and that which is without takes a shape within. Put another way, we sometimes say that which is visible must always have an invisible aspect, just as everything invisible must be represented by the visible."
- Oone the dreamthief

Peruse through Bad Poetry of Pain and Hurt
Or wrack your brain with Concordia ab Chao and Your Life is a Lie
Old 13-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #39
chattanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattanova View Post
More Huge Flying Creature Sightings In Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania High Strangeness - “Thunderbird” Sightings
Quote:
“The huge flying creature had a long beak and pointed head
that swept back from the beak. ...The wings appeared to be a membrane stretched
over bone.”
- May 2008 eyewitness south of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

FULL REPORT
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?I...ry=Environment

Old 25-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #40
chattanova

Other Eyewitnesses of “Thunderbirds”
Quote:

“The wings of the ‘small plane’ began to flap
and I realized it was a bird.”
- Union City, Tennessee, resident

Mesopotamian stone carving depicts Anzu,
Sumerian Bird-Man, with large wings, interacting with Tree of Life.

October 25, 2008 Albuquerque, New Mexico - Since my October 23, 2008, news updates on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory about “Thunderbird” reports in western Pennsylvania gathered by UFO investigator and cryptozoologist Stan Gordon, I have received the following email reports about alleged large sky creatures.

1) Subject: Thunderbird ... I saw one, too, in New England
Date: October 24, 2008
To: [email protected]

“That Thunderbird that people have seen in Pennsylvania, well, I saw one, too, here in New England. About a year and a half ago I saw one and said to the people in my back yard, ‘Hey, there’s a pterodactyl out here! Really it’s huge, I can’t believe it.”

Trust me I know this was not a bird of conventional design and I have seen plenty of photos of the prehistoric pterosaurs to know this thing at sight.

No joke and I don’t drink. By the time I went to get my camera for a photo, it was gone. I was within 200 yards of it and I know what I saw.

I am hearing the replay of your show on Coast to Coast and this is the EXACT same bird that I saw. It was last summer so that would be about 15 months or so ago. I could not believe it at first and I was taken back by it, but I know what I saw – no mistaking that thing. I know it was very real and it had a wing span of at least 15 feet.

The very weird thing was that it was up against a pine tree. That is how I approximate the wing span, but it could not fly that way – straight up almost – but it did and it was flying that way. Actually I thought it was resting by holding onto the tree branches at first. After that I went to get the camera, but like I said, it was gone by the time I came back out.

Trust me this thing was a monster in size, huge, just huge! The head was same shape as you’d see in a movie, very strange indeed. I thought that I would have to pull out a rifle to get rid of it, it was that large. No one sees a bird that size and doesn’t think of self-protection. I would be a snake for that thing.”

2) Subject: Giant bird near Union City, Tennessee, 1998
Date: October 24, 2008

“Thought you would like to know that I was watching thunder clouds off in the distance (in Union City, Tennessee, west of Nashville) and I saw what I thought was a small plane flying around the top of the the clouds. The wings of the 'small plane' began to flap and I realized it was a bird. It was black and had to be 20 to 30 feet across, its wings. This was in Union City, Tennessee, about ten years ago. I had a black triangle in my front yard also about 300 yards from my house.”

3) Subject: “Thunderbirds” on Coast to Coast AM (Oct 23/24)
Date: October 24, 2008 7:11:53 AM MDT

“I have studied martial arts for a good chunk of my life and have always been partial to the mythology and history of the styles. In Ninjitsu (the Ninja’s art), they believe that they were tested and eventually given their 'powers' (magical, invisibility, shape shifting, etc) by creatures that were half-man and half bird (raven) called 'Tengu.' These man-sized 'demons' (Oni) lived in the forest in large nests at the tops of the tallest trees. A young warrior would enter the forest to challenge one of these creatures and if they were victorious, the Tengu would teach them the 'higher ways' of martial power. Now, as the myth goes these creatures could disguise themselves as 'men' and the Yamabushi (mountain priests) there often thought to be Tengu in disguise. However, the only thing that these creatures could not disguise fully was their beaks, which were seen as an abnormally long nose (like Cyrano De Bergerac).

There is even a very old text written by a man named Issai Chozanshi entitled 'The Demon’s Sermon on the Martial Arts (© 2006) .' It is a discussion on martial arts that this warrior 'transcribed' in 1729. The text even says where you can find these creatures (which forest and where….roughly).”

[ Editor's Note: Tengu is a mythical creature in Japanese folklore. Tengu are usually described as either red-faced monks with long noses or half-man half-crow with a beak and small wings. Large wing spans are not a normal feature of Tengu.]

Large Anzu Man-Birds in Mesopotamia

Center figure in this Sumerian clay cylinder seal is the Anzu-bird,
humanoid with large wings

Mesopotamian stone carving depicts Anzu, Sumerian Bird-Man,
with large wings, interacting with Tree of Life.

full report http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?I...ry=Environment