Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke's books

View Poll Results: What do you like about David's Work
The Spiritual Aspects 3 13.04%
The Political Aspects 2 8.70%
Both 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #1
fudgetusk

Default What do you like about Dave's Books?

I like the spiritual aspects of his work. The political stuff is not much use to me as I cannot commit to memory most of it. I get the basic message that politicians are not to be trusted.
fudgetusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #2
jake_ball

I just use David Icke's books are a reference now and again.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
cosmic tramp

Very engaging, very thorough, insightful, inspiring, superbly illustrated and at times, entertaining. However, I've said this before, and I'll say it again, he is inclined to "go on" a bit when the same ideas and concepts could be explored and conveyed using about a third of the paper he does in his very thick books.

It's a painful task for any writer to have to constantly pare and prune down, so not a word is wasted, but I think David needs to learn this. Personally, as a bookworm, I can spend all day with a David Icke book, but I know not everybody's like me. He's getting better at it I've noticed, but I think also he would reach a much wider audience with his work of he did aim at brevity in his writing. Sorry if this sounds like a school report, just my opinion.

Maybe the possibility of introducing a beginner's pocket Icke series almost in a Rough Guide format, using the key texts as further reading reference points, for those, who, waking as they may be, simply aren't sufficiently literate to wade through 500-600 pages. Just an idea. Unfortunately, we live in the age of immediacy : the snappy slogan and slick soundbyte ( all those things David is against) but in order to mass communicate you may need to crack a few soundbyte eggs to make a waking omelette. Charles Dickens was probably as big a rebel and equally as popular as David Icke is for his time (Dickens also did sell-out live gigs), yet his verbose style with one single sentence often spanning two pages, written in an era pre-TV, pre-radio, pre-internet when people had time to savour a book cover to cover, now render his texts inaccessible for many in the age in which we now live.

This might sound totally off-the-wall but I wonder if David has ever considered how he might write kids' books - purely as a test of writer's self discipline, conveying those same waking ideas to the mind span of 7 year old - could be interestingly written and illustrated.
Poet Ted Hughes did something very similar, making very intense and complex existence and nature themes accessible to a younger readership in his children's books, alongside his adult poetry. Just an idea.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 07-06-2016 at 11:48 AM. Reason: wanted to enhance this
cosmic tramp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #4
ramirez

Cool

Because they serve up the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, sure there are plenty of theories, but they are always stated as just that with the truths been unequivocally provable!

No turning tail and running away because said truths may be highly uncomfortable, which is of course the crux of the problem we face.

It is also kind of neat how someone who left school ASAP can go on to be a prolific author and one of our brightest minds.

In yo face education system, in yo face !

Remember, the Rothchilds started Sci Fi and ET over a hundred years ago, even funding authors, so beware the fake ET talk, the real stuff is ok though
ramirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:01 PM   #5
pyrrhonist
Inactive

Personally it's the historical aspects I like the most. Especially the stories about how this or that came to be. The politics I'm not too fussed about because all politics is lies.
pyrrhonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #6
ringy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Very engaging, very thorough, insightful, inspiring, superbly illustrated and at times, entertaining. However, I've said this before, and I'll say it again, he is inclined to "go on" a bit when the same ideas and concepts could be explored and conveyed using about a third of the paper he does in his very thick books.

It's a painful task for any writer to have to constantly pare and prune down, so not a word is wasted, but I think David needs to learn this. Personally, as a bookworm, I can spend all day with a David Icke book, but I know not everybody's like me. He's getting better at it I've noticed, but I think also he would reach a much wider audience with his work of he did aim at brevity in his writing. Sorry if this sounds like a school report, just my opinion.

Maybe the possibility of introducing a beginner's pocket Icke series almost in a Rough Guide format, using the key texts as further reading reference points, for those, who, waking as they may be, simply aren't sufficiently literate to wade through 500-600 pages. Just an idea. Unfortunately, we live in the age of immediacy : the snappy slogan and slick soundbyte ( all those things David is against) but in order to mass communicate you may need to crack a few soundbyte eggs to make a waking omelette. Charles Dickens was probably as big a rebel and equally as popular as David Icke is for his time (Dickens also did sell-out live gigs), yet his verbose style with one single sentence often spanning two pages, written in an era pre-TV, pre-radio, pre-internet when people had time to savour a book cover to cover, now render his texts inaccessible for many in the age in which we now live.

This might sound totally off-the-wall but I wonder if David has ever considered how he might write kids' books - purely as a test of writer's self discipline, conveying those same waking ideas to the mind span of 7 year old - could be interestingly written and illustrated.
Poet Ted Hughes did something very similar, making very intense and complex existence and nature themes accessible to a younger readership in his children's books, alongside his adult poetry. Just an idea.
https://www.davidickestore.com/en-gb...-for-children/

There are already a few books for children in the store.

ringy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 04:24 AM   #7
eelkat
Inactive

His political stuff confuses me. I'm no so sure of his spiritual ideas . I like his information on the history of Reptilians(though I'm not sure I agree with his conclusions or not).
eelkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:39 AM   #8
tommorgan

Thumbs up

Consciously, I read for the information; spirituality was never a conscious motivation of mine for investigating Icke's bizarre perspective. For me, intellectually, David Icke offers the excitement of a love affair which I do not get in my marriage (scientific scepticism).
tommorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:25 AM   #9
IAwake
Premier Subscribers

I feel quite strongly that they're sides of the same coin. There is no way we can fully grasp one without the other. This, I think, is David Icke's point.

The spiritual is the root cause, and the political is symptomatic.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #10
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAwake View Post
I feel quite strongly that they're sides of the same coin. There is no way we can fully grasp one without the other. This, I think, is David Icke's point.

And he is able to communicate all that cogently in a way that is easy to understand, especially for a beginner. Mind-blowing possibly but comprehensible.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:19 PM   #11
paddy_blake

The political stuff is the necessary information to kick off the spiritual part. It's no different to believing in religion which keeps your mind in a prison, because politics is modern religion.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #12
cosmic tramp

He may well be the first ever writer ever to conjoin the two - politics and spirituality. I've read a few political texts (including Mein Kampf) and they are invariably dull.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 12-08-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:00 PM   #13
derekbuttery

TBH neither interest me. It's the fact that he's (seems) to be so open and positive about his work, the fact that he just says "here it is, do with it as you will" and to this point I have tried to disprove some of the most 'outrageous' points he has made only for them to be confirmed later by mainstream science (boo!) and stronger, independent researcher than me!!

I love his talks and videos, the passion hasn't waned one iota...
Old 12-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #14
cosmic tramp

He also has a gift to keep you page turning too, I have had some VERY late nights thanks to David Icke. i.e. 3am-4am. Ta. David.

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 12-08-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #15
derekbuttery

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
He also has a gift to keep you page turning too, I have had some VERY late nights thanks to David Icke. i.e. 3am-4am. Ta. David.
HaHa!! yeah, the "just one more chapter" brigade...
Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM   #16
Rogue

Easy to read.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:34 PM   #17
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekbuttery View Post
HaHa!! yeah, the "just one more chapter" brigade...
That's me ! Except in one case, I'd actually finished the book entirely and so started on the next one !
Old 12-08-2016, 11:15 PM   #18
machineelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringy View Post
https://www.davidickestore.com/en-gb...-for-children/

There are already a few books for children in the store.

Why am I only hearing this now??? Are they new? Just checked, no, they are not new, from 2011. I've seen children's books on the official story of 9/11 which makes my stomach churn, so I am elated to see these other books.

I believe the reason Icke "goes on a bit" when talking about certain things is because there are some hard nuts to crack out there, so an almost overload of detail needs to be written to get through to some people. The detail removes doubt.

I enjoy all that detail, I get a laugh out much of it, the way he grinds 'them' into the ground is funny.
Its all so damming. 'They' are the dammed, that which stops the water flowing. (just noticed that analogy so had to type it)

I was never much of a 'reader' but I can get engrossed in Ickes books. The 'nature of reality' and also the 'demon' and 'reptilian' side of it I find the most interesting.

p.s. I began to (over) use the 'inverted commas' since reading Ickes work. I like his writing style.

Last edited by machineelf; 12-08-2016 at 11:21 PM.
machineelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 02:17 AM   #19
tommorgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Easy to read.
I find it compelling reading but not easy. There are a whole lot of names to memorise, people I have never heard of. Remembering who everyone is and who they are connected with is vexing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineelf View Post
The 'nature of reality' and also the 'demon' and 'reptilian' side of it I find the most interesting.
You might enjoy the interview with Melina Oliver-Powell in the Recommended Reading, Viewing and Audio forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAwake View Post

David writes in a way no other author I know of does. To make sense of him you need to understand his books are written in the context of metaphysical multidimensionality. In my opinion this is why people dismiss him as a nutter when in fact he is ahead of the times.
tommorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #20
raburgeson

I like the gloves off approach and his not being afraid of peer pressure to get the word out. I salute Dave and the way he uses the freedom of speech.
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote