Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David Icke's books

Old 13-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #61
nongeekywebdude
Banned

I'm not a huge fan of Davids books TBH, he has some interesting ideas and insights, but as others have noted, there is a lot of repetition, plus they seem to lack coherence for me, jumping all over the place. Horses for courses I suppose.

In fairness, when only compared to other books in the "truther industry", Davids books are not too bad at all, but still not a big fan.
nongeekywebdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #62
[email protected]
Premier Subscribers

I've pre-ordered it off Amazon, even though I still have his two previous books to read LOL! While other books from different authors as-well etc...

We are Linear by Design! Dynamic by Nature!
Alix_Farrell@Hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #63
unlockthepower

If "Its all bollocks - yes, ALL of it." then why bother reading the book?
Old 18-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #64
multiversal_quiver

Very good and intriguing artwork on the cover.
Old 29-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #65
[email protected]
Premier Subscribers

"Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Icke, David Vaughan "The Perception Deception"
Estimated arrival date: December 24 2013 - December 24 2013

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You haven't been charged for this item yet as we don't debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We'll send you a confirmation e-mail when your items are dispatched to confirm the date, contents and method of delivery.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk"

Well that sucks lol! Infact I am not to bothered as I got so many books to read anyways, but whyusolate!!!!

We are Linear by Design! Dynamic by Nature!
Alix_Farrell@Hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #66
mightygreen

Excellent! I'm off to pre-order mine now..........
mightygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #67
chuchichastli

I'm pretty sure David Icke said his Ayahuasca experience was in 2002 or 3, not 1992...
chuchichastli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:45 AM   #68
lauren_almighty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
As a writer I do not understand how he can produce these books so quickly.

And he does other things besides.......... Though for me there's a certain element that once you've read one Icke book you've read 'em all.

The major recent exception to this was Infinite Love is the only truth.

That was an amazing book and entered into unchartered territory with a totally different theme and references.

But the others, they all seem to be quite similar. Infinite Love broke the mould. He should write more 'fresh' books instead of ones which go over old ground all the time but with a few new bits of info. Especially as that ground is constantly shifting under our feet.

Sorry if this appears to be a slag-off, it's just literally impossible to write 700 pages of new material every year or so. I would prefer a slimmer book like Infinite Love (236 pages) with BRAND NEW STUFF. Not reread the same stuff I've already read.

Just my opinion...... we're here to discuss right? I've never sought to be popular here, just to give my honest opinion. Worth more than hearing the bleatings of a fan club or the waving of pompoms to an honest man I would have thought.
Judging by how he can stand and talk a speech all day without getting bored and with the ability to keep on going even after closing time I assume if he typed at the same time all those thoughts were in his head he would be finished in a short amount of time.

I liked the Infinite Love book too, as well as I am Me I am Free. But yes I agree that his books get too repetitive now. However I think I will still give this one a try. I only found out about this one today hence the bump.

Last edited by lauren_almighty; 07-01-2014 at 04:47 AM.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #69
swamideva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_almighty View Post
Judging by how he can stand and talk a speech all day without getting bored and with the ability to keep on going even after closing time I assume if he typed at the same time all those thoughts were in his head he would be finished in a short amount of time.

I liked the Infinite Love book too, as well as I am Me I am Free. But yes I agree that his books get too repetitive now. However I think I will still give this one a try. I only found out about this one today hence the bump.
Does he type or dictate his books? I really cannot see him typing with those arthritic fingers.

Surely he must have an editor/s and researchers working for him. He publishes his own books. He is a successful business.

His books like his talks go over old ground to provide a foundation for the new stuff.

All he is writing is the new stuff, his editors will do the formatting all he has to do is expand on old ideas with new information.
swamideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #70
lauren_almighty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamideva View Post
Does he type or dictate his books? I really cannot see him typing with those arthritic fingers.

Surely he must have an editor/s and researchers working for him. He publishes his own books. He is a successful business.

His books like his talks go over old ground to provide a foundation for the new stuff.

All he is writing is the new stuff, his editors will do the formatting all he has to do is expand on old ideas with new information.
I assume he does a big speech and someone types it out for him. It makes sense because his books usually do read like a speech.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #71
kalki vishnu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchichastli View Post
I'm pretty sure David Icke said his Ayahuasca experience was in 2002 or 3, not 1992...
1992 was when he was in Peru/Bolivia and stood on that mound/hill and got magnetised to the ground.

Funny thing to me is, I was watching TPV earlier and it was a video being shown when he took a group of people to where it all happened, when he was telling the story of it, he was apparently in a taxi being driven back to the airport and told the driver to pull over a minute (he was being called over a tiny hill), he got out and went up the hill and was there for apparently a long time stuck to the ground with his arms out.
Did the taxi driver not wonder where he'd gone and go up the hill to look for him? were his bags still not in the taxi?
kalki vishnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #72
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlockthepower View Post
If "Its all bollocks - yes, ALL of it." then why bother reading the book?
Why bother breathing?

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #73
unlockthepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
Why bother breathing?
Exactly.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #74
fancellu

When's it due out, paper version. I have it on pre-order.
fancellu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #75
pound

Amazon should have them any day now, hopefully before Feb 1st.
Old 28-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #76
energi

900+ pages

How much of this is repetition from previous books, how much covers new ground not seen or heard before in previous books/talks?
energi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #77
dolores1

Make your own decisions, do your own researcch and realise your own truth.

D
The ‘you’ that exists beyond these stubborn entanglements is a silent, serene, being-ness; a free, wise and child-like ‘you’ that has always known the way to the secret garden, and that has always recognised the nature beings with whom we share this gracious planet.

Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed oponent!
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #78
heartbeatsalute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores1 View Post
Make your own decisions, do your own researcch and realise your own truth.

D

Plus 1
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.
heartbeatsalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:08 PM   #79
fancellu

I'm reading it now. Great book. Obviously some previous material (would be an odd book that just assumed you knew all this stuff), but also lots of new things. I'm loving it. Buy it, read it, lend it to a friend who is ready for it.
fancellu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #80
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancellu View Post
I'm reading it now. Great book. Obviously some previous material (would be an odd book that just assumed you knew all this stuff), but also lots of new things. I'm loving it. Buy it, read it, lend it to a friend who is ready for it.
Sod that let them pay for it.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote