Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > War on Terror

Old 19-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
hagbard_celine

Default "Help for Heroes" Facebook Group

I've had several offers from Facebook friends to join the "Help for Heroes" facebook group; it suppoorts the charity of that name set up by The Sun newspaper to provide care for military servicemen injured in the War on Terror. Their current Facebook project is to raise money to buy a special diabled home for a Royal Marine who lost both his legs in Afghanistan.

I declined to join and my friend at work who first made me the offer challenged me about this. I explained that I'm very sorry about what happened to the man who lost his legs and I hope he does get his disabled home soon, but I was concerned with the kind of language used in promoting "Help for Heroes". It portrays its benficiaries as people who've been injured by doing something honorable and glorious. It therefore is back-door encouragement for the kind of religious worship of the armed forces that I've spoken of elsewhere, like here: http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31761 Soldiers injured in the war are victims of a terrible con-trick; not heroes who've fought for our freedom.

My friend shrugged and didn't reply, but I think he understood my point.

"Because he refused to compete in games for domination he was indomitable."
from The Dispossessed by Ursula le Guin

Last edited by hagbard_celine; 19-02-2009 at 09:47 AM.
hagbard_celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
grachtengordel
Inactive

well done sir, er, you do know that facebook is primarily a 'data-mining'/surveillance operation?

grachtengordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
zero1
Inactive

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by grachtengordel View Post
well done sir, er, you do know that facebook is primarily a 'data-mining'/surveillance operation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B37wW9CGWyY
Indeed.
zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
celtic isis
Inactive

good on you hagbard

yes we know about facebook but some of us risk it

to our peril...
celtic isis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post
I've had several offers from Facebook friends to join the "Help for Heroes" facebook group; it suppoorts the charity of that name set up by The Sun newspaper to provide care for military servicemen injured in the War on Terror. Their current Facebook project is to raise money to buy a special diabled home for a Royal Marine who lost both his legs in Afghanistan.

I declined to join and my friend at work who first made me the offer challenged me about this. I explained that I'm very sorry about what happened to the man who lost his legs and I hope he does get his disabled home soon, but I was concerned with the kind of language used in promoting "Help for Heroes". It portrays its benficiaries as people who've been injured by doing something honorable and glorious. It therefore is back-door encouragement for the kind of religious worship of the armed forces that I've spoken of elsewhere, like here: http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31761 Soldiers injured in the war are victims of a terrible con-trick; not heroes who've fought for our freedom.

But facebook has far more ugly groups such as 'fuck the troops' or something like that. Lets not assume that people have high regard for the forces because most people just dont want to know.

Maybe some people join up with a naive belief that they are serving their country and that this should ear them the respect of their fellow countrymen, but it does not take them long to realise that people just couldnt give a shit what happens to them. The politicians abuse their sense of service and most of the public just dont care.

You work for the NHS but what if you caught AIDS from a sharp and ended up in a mess. Would you appreciate it if people donated money to helping those who may have caught dangerous illness' at work? what if people just tossed you aside, claiming that you knew the risks so should get no sympathy?
marpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
hirschfelder

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpat View Post
But facebook has far more ugly groups such as 'fuck the troops'
Help for "Heroes" is far uglier in my opinion

Fuck the troops
Old 20-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #7
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirschfelder View Post
Help for "Heroes" is far uglier in my opinion

Fuck the troops
Typical programmed response. I was quite expecting it.
Old 20-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
arten
Banned

My attitude is Fuck the Troops and Fuck those wankers who sent them. Before you raise yourself up in arms at my sentiments I am sorry to say I am an Ex British Soldier who saw active service. Now I know I was lied to and resent the years I lost and the Crown I served.
arten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by arten View Post
My attitude is Fuck the Troops and Fuck those wankers who sent them. Before you raise yourself up in arms at my sentiments I am sorry to say I am an Ex British Soldier who saw active service. Now I know I was lied to and resent the years I lost and the Crown I served.
Well at least you have a bit of inside knowledge then. Pity the people you hate would once have been your friends. Do you hate the serving troops for the lies of politicians?

It always amazes me how many 'truth seekers' are full of anger, hate and bitterness.

Is that why your username is arten, conceivably AR10, the forerunner of the AR-15 assault rifle?
Old 20-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
hirschfelder

Quote:
Typical programmed response. I was quite expecting it.
Not at all. It's my heartfelt opinion arrived at through years of introspection and moral reasoning. It's utterly organic and independent of any extraneous influence

They're not heroes in any sense of the word. I already pay a fortune in taxes so these cunts can be employed doing something they damn-well know is wrong. Why the fuck would I want to help them over some innocent kid who's had his legs blasted off by these cowards?

If I'm gonna send money to anyone, it will be to an innocent victim of this illegal and immoral "war" I'm obliged to pay for, not some coward who, in my opinion, got off lightly if he's not dead and burning in the furnaces of hell (if hell exists)

And let's face it, how many of these "heroes" would be acting as mercenaries for corporate America if the so-called enemy had even the remotest chance of defending themselves? Hardly-fucking-any, that's how many.

To be honest, I'd rather chip-in for a few car bombs for the locals than wheelchairs for spaz soldiers

Fuck the troops!
Old 21-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #11
accuracy

Fuck with Facebook, it's a con, a scam.

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54409

Australians For Palestine.(Providing a Voice.)
http://australiansforpalestine.com/
accuracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagbard_celine View Post

You're appraisel of Facebook is very shallow.

Australians For Palestine.(Providing a Voice.)
http://australiansforpalestine.com/
accuracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #13
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Not at all. It's my heartfelt opinion arrived at through years of introspection and moral reasoning. It's utterly organic and independent of any extraneous influence

They're not heroes in any sense of the word. I already pay a fortune in taxes so these cunts can be employed doing something they damn-well know is wrong. Why the fuck would I want to help them over some innocent kid who's had his legs blasted off by these cowards?

If I'm gonna send money to anyone, it will be to an innocent victim of this illegal and immoral "war" I'm obliged to pay for, not some coward who, in my opinion, got off lightly if he's not dead and burning in the furnaces of hell (if hell exists)

And let's face it, how many of these "heroes" would be acting as mercenaries for corporate America if the so-called enemy had even the remotest chance of defending themselves? Hardly-fucking-any, that's how many.

To be honest, I'd rather chip-in for a few car bombs for the locals than wheelchairs for spaz soldiers

Fuck the troops!

Well you are a monster considering a lot of theose car bombs are indiscriminate and often kill many people who just happen to be passing by.

Did you know that some of these car bombers are forced to do such acts while their families are held at gunpoint?

Give your money to whoever you will.

I think you need to read the definition of a mercenary as you seem pretty ignorant of what one is. I also think your attitude is very crude and speculative.

I think a lot of your thinking is based on negative emotions rather than actual facts. You will find that a lot of people maimed in those conflicts are actually the victims of random bombing and rocket fire. The insurgents tend to have less regard for their own people than the troops out their. Our medics actually treat them if wounded and captured. If our guys were caught I dont think it would be the same.

It is nice to see you arrived at that opinion be introversion rather than knowledge or experience. It amazes me how many people in here spout really negative opinions of things they no nothing about except what they hear in the news or read on the internet. Like I say though, such things are programmed negative responses generated by reading negative material rather than actually knowing from experience.
Old 21-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
hirschfelder

Quote:
Well you are a monster considering a lot of theose car bombs are indiscriminate and often kill many people who just happen to be passing by.

Did you know that some of these car bombers are forced to do such acts while their families are held at gunpoint?

Give your money to whoever you will.

I think you need to read the definition of a mercenary as you seem pretty ignorant of what one is. I also think your attitude is very crude and speculative.

I think a lot of your thinking is based on negative emotions rather than actual facts. You will find that a lot of people maimed in those conflicts are actually the victims of random bombing and rocket fire. The insurgents tend to have less regard for their own people than the troops out their. Our medics actually treat them if wounded and captured. If our guys were caught I dont think it would be the same.

It is nice to see you arrived at that opinion be introversion rather than knowledge or experience. It amazes me how many people in here spout really negative opinions of things they no nothing about except what they hear in the news or read on the internet. Like I say though, such things are programmed negative responses generated by reading negative material rather than actually knowing from experience.
Typical programmed response. I quite expected it

It's quite simple, Marpat. I have no respect or concern for British soldiers acting as mercenaries for American/Israeli interests and I don't need to have been in a war (or, in your case, pretended to have been in the military) to reach that conclusion

If they get maimed, tough shit. They knew the risks and took the job. A real Hero wouldn't even be out there

Fuck the troops

Last edited by hirschfelder; 21-02-2009 at 12:17 PM.
hirschfelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #15
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
Typical programmed response. I quite expected it

It's quite simple, Marpat. I have no respect or concern for British soldiers acting as mercenaries for American/Israeli interests and I don't need to have been in a war (or, in your case, pretended to have been in the military) to reach that conclusion

If they get maimed, tough shit. They knew the risks and took the job. A real Hero wouldn't even be out there

Fuck the troops
But many jobs entail risks. Does that men when something goes wrong that people should be discarded.

Why would I pretend to be in the forces? by claiming that all you prove is that your opinions are based on belief rather than fact. I dont care if you believe me or not, I still get paid my £31k a year, so feel free to think I am a liar while I spend your tax money.

I think you display all the coldness of a hate filled person but that is your problem.

Perhaps you can show us all what a real hero is and go and bang on the queens door and tell her she is a blood drinking reptile. If your fight is with the NWO then show us what a big hero you are, get off your arse and do something about it!! you are just another hate filled keyboard warrior, full of opinions but no action.
Old 21-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #16
hirschfelder

Quote:
But many jobs entail risks. Does that men when something goes wrong that people should be discarded.

Why would I pretend to be in the forces? by claiming that all you prove is that your opinions are based on belief rather than fact. I dont care if you believe me or not, I still get paid my £31k a year, so feel free to think I am a liar while I spend your tax money.

I think you display all the coldness of a hate filled person but that is your problem.

Perhaps you can show us all what a real hero is and go and bang on the queens door and tell her she is a blood drinking reptile. If your fight is with the NWO then show us what a big hero you are, get off your arse and do something about it!! you are just another hate filled keyboard warrior, full of opinions but no action.
1. Depends what the job is. You'd hope a postman who got knocked over doing his rounds would be assisted and insured anyway, but if not I'd say he was deserving of charitable aid. A scumbag murdering soldier I couldn't give a shit about and wouldn't give them a penny

2. It's just that a lot of posters seem to have poured scorn on your claims, I don't really know or care if you're a fantasist, the internet's full of weirdos, one more makes no difference.

You've racked up 4,500 posts in a year on the David Icke forum and you don't seem particularly bright, so I'm skeptical that anyone's paying you 31k a year. But I'm not that bothered either way

3. I'm not hate filled. I have a cold indifference to crippled soldiers, but I don't hate them. It's just that I don't care if they suffer, they deserve it.

4. I'm not convinced the Queen is a lizard and I'm not convinced the NWO exists in the same guise as conspiracy theorists would have you believe, so I don't feel compelled to do anything. I have an academic and objective interest in conspiracies, but I remain emotionally detatched. So I'm not a "keyboard warrior" any more than anyone else who expresses an opinion over the internet, including you

It's amazing how you express one simple opinion regarding the morality of the "War on Terror" and, because someone disagrees but lacks the wit to demonstrate how your opinion might be wrong, you're faced with this barrage of ad-hominem attacks, nonsensical allusions to some kind of programming and challenges to break into the grounds of Buckingham Palace. Unbelievable. Whatever happened to, "I disagree"?

I'm convinced the likes of Marpat try to eke some kind of argument out of nothing simply for something to do. I'm ashamed I even respond. I could have made my point about the war and moved on, but I allowed myself to be drawn on these weird things about some kind of unidentified programming and lizards and stuff.

I've actually just justified why I won't confront the Queen FFS! What's up with me? I'm no better than Marpat!

Hey Marpat, if you love soldiers so much, why don't you run the London Marathon? Or are you just an "internet soldier"?

Fuck the troops

Last edited by hirschfelder; 21-02-2009 at 05:15 PM.
hirschfelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #17
marpat
Inactive

Well I have said my bit.

This is nothing to do with loving them but it is to do with not hating them.

Its a pity you dont have an infinite love about you otherwise you may have a bit of compassion for those troops who are injured in wars. They may not understand all the stuff that goes on behind closed doors but at least they have the moral courage to risk their lives for something.

At the end of the day they pay with their lives and health for their moral convications. Dont see you doing anything similar. Come to think of it I dont see many 'truth seekers' risking their lives to destroy the true evil of the NWO. How many people claim that our lives are being taken over but all they do is talk about it on the internet? you used the word cowards to describe troops but what I see in you is moral cowardice. You have really negative and nasty opinions yet what are you prepared to do about the situation? When it comes to action all the truthseekers scuttle away to their convenient little comfort zones. The come out and shout about how bad things are but as soon as the time to act comes the just creep away.

I should start a facebook group 'truth seekers should get off their arses and do something rather than just talking about it'
Old 21-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #18
hirschfelder

Quote:
Well I have said my bit.

This is nothing to do with loving them but it is to do with not hating them.

Its a pity you dont have an infinite love about you otherwise you may have a bit of compassion for those troops who are injured in wars. They may not understand all the stuff that goes on behind closed doors but at least they have the moral courage to risk their lives for something.

At the end of the day they pay with their lives and health for their moral convications. Dont see you doing anything similar. Come to think of it I dont see many 'truth seekers' risking their lives to destroy the true evil of the NWO. How many people claim that our lives are being taken over but all they do is talk about it on the internet? you used the word cowards to describe troops but what I see in you is moral cowardice. You have really negative and nasty opinions yet what are you prepared to do about the situation? When it comes to action all the truthseekers scuttle away to their convenient little comfort zones. The come out and shout about how bad things are but as soon as the time to act comes the just creep away.

I should start a facebook group 'truth seekers should get off their arses and do something rather than just talking about it'
I wouldn't really consider myself a 'truthseeker', so I guess none of that applies to me

If they pay with their life it's their own tough shit for prostituting themselves. I'll not shed a tear.

I think the troops are cowards and I wouldn't give them a penny if they got the old begging bowl out like so many of these "heroes" do. You disagree. No more needs to be said.

I'll just answer this

"You have really negative and nasty opinions yet what are you prepared to do about the situation?"

I don't think they deserve charity so I'll give them none. I can't think of a more appropriate and measured response to their begging.

Fuck the troops
Old 21-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #19
skyfish

Quote:

It's amazing how you express one simple opinion regarding the morality of the "War on Terror" and, because someone disagrees but lacks the wit to demonstrate how your opinion might be wrong, you're faced with this barrage of ad-hominem attacks, nonsensical allusions to some kind of programming and challenges to break into the grounds of Buckingham Palace. Unbelievable. Whatever happened to, "I disagree"?

I'm convinced the likes of Marpat try to eke some kind of argument out of nothing simply for something to do. I'm ashamed I even respond. I could have made my point about the war and moved on, but I allowed myself to be drawn on these weird things about some kind of unidentified programming and lizards and stuff.

Tell me about it. I used to ove reading these forums, but every time I've posted something under this or my other username that disagrees with the programmed kneejerk response that the thread starter is going for it's either "You're a shill!" "You're a brainwashed mason-lover" "You don't know what you're talking about" etc etc. Honestly, there are a lot of angry people on this forum who seem to enjoy making a fight out of nothing.

I don't say fuck the troops because I have had to talk both my brother and my friend from joining the forces. They would have joined out of ignorance, not any true malicious intent. I think that these young soldiers are victims too, just not in the same way as the civilian casualties.

I have been amused by this rant fest though.

William Blake
skyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #20
marpat
Inactive

Quote:
I wouldn't really consider myself a 'truthseeker', so I guess none of that applies to me

If they pay with their life it's their own tough shit for prostituting themselves. I'll not shed a tear.

I think the troops are cowards and I wouldn't give them a penny if they got the old begging bowl out like so many of these "heroes" do. You disagree. No more needs to be said.

I'll just answer this

"You have really negative and nasty opinions yet what are you prepared to do about the situation?"

I don't think they deserve charity so I'll give them none. I can't think of a more appropriate and measured response to their begging.

Fuck the troops
But they are not begging!! if people start up a charity to help them then that is not the actual troops begging is it?

Any of your family ever serve? would you say the same to them?

I suppose the real irony is that I have not donated anything myself to that cause and neither have I joined the facebook group!!!!! personally I think the compensation scheme they get is enough.

Last edited by marpat; 21-02-2009 at 08:04 PM.