Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Hidden Science & Advanced Technology

Old 01-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #41
pi3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi3141 View Post

The end result is the manufacturer's have kept better products off the markets for profit and the government has to some extent allowed them to do so.

Plus they filter profits off shore and avoid tax, and now big companies are conspiring to keep workers wages down!!

Quote:
Tech Giants Under Fire for Conspiracy to Suppress Employee Wages

Link - http://www.activistpost.com/2012/01/...onspiracy.html

What chance do we stand against all this?

Last edited by pi3141; 01-02-2012 at 09:58 AM.
pi3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #42
montmorency

Ray Peat writes in one of his newsletters that carbon filament lightbulbs made in the early part of the 20th century lasted for decades. He said that he had one from that era that worked until he broke it in a house move in 1960.

He also wrote that the GE company did research to find out how to control the rate at which tungsten filament lightbulbs would deteriorate.

(He writes not very complimentary things about the GE founder, Edison, and Irving Langmuir, who was their leading lightulb scientist in the 1950s. He says that Langmuir had also convinced the Pentagon to look at weather control (e.g. cloud seeding etc) as a weapon).
montmorency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #43
pi3141

Default 100 Year Old Lightbulb

From the Daily Mail.

I've seen at least 1 other story about similar old bulbs in the Daily Mail in the last few years. Anyone with links to similar story's especially with photo's of the bulbs please post them.

Quote:
They don't make them like that any more! Lightbulb produced before the Titanic sank is still shining brightly 100 years on
By Tom Goodenough
PUBLISHED: 10:31, 13 July 2012 | UPDATED: 12:15, 13 July 2012

The 230-volt bulb was made in Wembley, north-west London, as King George V sat on the throne

Great War was still two years away when the bulb first started to shine in 1912

Owner Roger Dyball, 74, says he believes lightbulb will keep on shining forever

A century after it was first made, the steady bulb keeps on shining as reliably as ever. And its owner Roger Dyball, who at 74 is more than 25 years younger than the bulb burning brightly in his porch, says it looks as though the light will keep on going. 'It's absolutely brilliant - and, at this rate, it will burn for ever,' he said.

Mr Dyball and his wife Patricia, also 74, have lived in their family home in Lowestoft, West Suffolk for 45 years and believe the bulb was already in place well before they moved in.
He said: 'We have been here since 1967 and the fitting was here when we arrived.

'We have just left it there with all its original fittings and it has never gone out.'

Roger said he knows so much about the history of the venerable bulb because it caught his eye shortly after he moved into the house.

In an effort to find out more about it, he wrote to Osram-GEC's head office in London, including in his correspondence the serial number printed on the bulb.
On January 30, 1968 the electrical goods giant replied to his highly unusual inquiry, telling him: 'From the numbers quoted in your letter we would estimate that this lamp was manufactured sometime in July 1912.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz20VC8kW7Q
Old 13-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #44
thecatsmeow
Banned

Hello again!
thecatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #45
rakkoo

Have you seen "The Light bulb Conspiracy"?

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/light-bulb-conspiracy/

more about deliberate shortened life spans of object like washing machines TVs, things, planned obsolescence.

"If Imagination creates Reality and I walk in the direction of my image, then I will predict my future"
rakkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #46
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakkoo View Post

more about deliberate shortened life spans of object like washing machines TVs, things, planned obsolescence.
It seems, to me, to have been going on forever.
great link. Thanks!
Old 13-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #47
tesla

Lightbulb conspiricy is a good docu
Old 13-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #48
pi3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow View Post
Hello again!
Hello!

Edit:
Hey, we've been here before

Last edited by pi3141; 13-07-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 13-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #49
pi3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakkoo View Post

Yes I have seen it, it is a very good documentary. It lays the whole lightbulb thing bare with more details than I had ever heard of before.

To me growing up, the everlasting lightbulb was an urban myth. It was reasoned that in a free market, sooner or later some one would figure out how to do it and make millions. Hence, if it wasn't on the market, it couldn't be done.

The lightbulb conspiracy documentary explains in detail, using company records, that in fact, the lightbulb market has been manipulated for greater profits. With apparently, nobody any the wiser. No academic, engineer or government minister or advisor for the past 100 years has known what was going on. If they had, they put into 'free market' context, that its probably the most efficient way to run the business hence it is a neccessary evil and one of the quirks, free markets must endure.

This has been happpening for a 100 years ago and I am certain, it sets the trend for energy producers and car manufacturers and big business. Its all very well denying it and then arguing its economic necessity when found out, but its clear scientific manipulation for market profit.

The humble lightbulb is, in my opinion, one of the truths that topple the pyramid of lies.

(rant over )
Old 13-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #50
pi3141

Can a mod merge these threads under 'Everlasting Lightbulb' or some other such catchy title.

Old 13-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #51
thecatsmeow
Banned

Quote:
Hello!

Edit:
Hey, we've been here before
Yes, we have!
I'm still searching for the elusive long-lasting light-bulb...alas all to no avail
Old 13-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #52
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Can a mod merge these threads under 'Everlasting Light Bulb' or some other such catchy title.
very interesting thread, have merged for you and left a redirect
"ok, squirrels have lovely fluffy tails and can perform clever tricks to nick the food off your bird table. But they are a damn nuisance, there is plenty of them and they happen to be delicious, I say, lets eat them " HFW

if you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough
hunter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #53
pi3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter77 View Post
very interesting thread, have merged for you and left a redirect
Thanks!
Old 14-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #54
pi3141

Default Everlasting Lightbulb

Found this question over at the Guardian about everlasting lightbulbs.

Quote:
Could somebody confirm or scotch for all time that enduring rumour concerning everlasting light bulbs, the patent of which was supposedly bought by an unscrupulous manufacturer so that they could never be produced?

I FIRST heard this story nearly 40 years ago, and it was old then. A patent, especially one not being exploited, could last for only 16 years in those days, so it must have run out well over 20 years ago, if the story were true. This means that anyone could exploit the invention. So it was not the patent that prevented the everlasting light bulb from being made. I suspect that it was never invented.

IT IS difficult to say exactly what is everlasting in respect such a relatively new product as a light bulb. However, in the Eddison Museum in Fort Myers, Florida, there are bulbs in daily use which have been there for 70 or 80 years and were among the early products of Eddison. I have a feeling that the filaments are made of bamboo rather than the tungsten which is currently used.

THE RADIAL tyre clearly refutes the rumour that the everlasting lightbulb, non-laddering stockings and other such items have been suppressed by manufacturers keen to stay in business. Designed originally to cope with the exceptionally high wear of Citroen's front wheel drive cars, the radial tyre became widely adopted by tyre makers around the world. They last at least three times as long as conventional cross-ply tyres and have caused a massive restructuring of the global tyre industry _ with the demise of Dunlop being the most significant development here in UK. Much of the former Dunlop empire is now controlled by Sumitomo Rubber of Japan or the giant conglomerate BTR plc (which itself, originally Birmingham Tyre and Rubber, moved out of tyres at the start of the 'radial revolution'). I think this clearly shows that you can be sure of one thing in this world of market economies: if someone, somewhere can make something cheaper, better or long-lasting, someone will do it. In any case, there are longer-lasting conventional light bulbs available: they cost more to buy and use significantly more energy, so that total savings over their lifetimes are minimal. Even so, they are/were widely used when the cost of replacing a bulb is significant. More recently, however, lights have become available based on the fluorescent principle which last much longer and consume much less energy. Although they cost more, because they are more expensive to make, total savings over their lifetimes are significant enough to make their use attractive to ordinary domestic users. The film, The Man in the White Suit, was an entertaining look at the problems that an everlasting cloth would create in Britain's textile industry. Unfortunately, the world's tyre makers and their employees found the experience a lot more painful.

Link - http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqu...,-1217,00.html
Old 14-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #55
pi3141

Re-reading the thread.

First there was this -

Quote:
What chance do we stand against all this?
Quote:
Tech Giants Under Fire for Conspiracy to Suppress Employee Wages
Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Link - http://www.activistpost.com/2012/01/...onspiracy.html
Then there was this -

Quote:
Blacklisted building workers hope for day in court after ruling
Daniel Boffey
guardian.co.uk, Saturday 3 March 2012 21.02 GMT

The Consulting Association, a shadowy organisation that compiled a list of 'troublemakers' — with the help of the security services — for Britain's biggest building companies was closed four years ago. Only now can its 3,200 victims go to court and hope to win

Link - http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...rs-court-hopes
Then there was this -

Quote:
The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia
How America's biggest banks took part in a nationwide bid-rigging conspiracy - until they were caught on tape

By Matt Taibbi
June 21, 2012 11:20 AM ET

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...#ixzz20d131Qyv
Then there was this -

Quote:
Barclays shamed by £290m fine for market fixing
Last updated: June 27, 2012 7:53 pm

The Barclays boss Bob Diamond will not receive his multimillion-pound bonus this year after the bank was caught taking part in a conspiracy to manipulate key borrowing rates for years. The exposure yesterday of the scandal will cost Barclays £290m in fines.

Link - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...g-7893782.html
Old 10-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #56
motleyhoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow View Post
...and TPTB always doing the exact opposite of what they always said they would do. I'm still, thoroughly disgusted, by all the paper that gets pushed through my door only to go straight into the recycling bag: What's the point! The answer to that question has been answered, of course, because now I know it's all about subterfuge and sabotage.
It's all about the money. The reason for every decision in govt and every decision among the executive ranks of corporations is always about money and very little of anything else. Money actually is the root of all evil per se, and "they" have made it very difficult for people who oppose this to live in peace. I have thought a lot about this lately. As I drive to work and look around at the behavior of everyone else rushing past me, I cannot help picturing each of them in his or her own hamster wheel frantically spinning it like a good dutiful citizen. They're all brainwashed to live their lives this way, getting up each day to frantically spin their wheels as they have been programmed to do. The wheels keep spinning...sqeak-squeak-squeak...and spinning...squeak-squeak-squeak...going nowhere...while those at the top get richer and richer.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #57
pi3141

Default 130 year old lightbulb

Another one.

Quote:
Still glowing strong: Britain's oldest light bulb keeps on shining after an incredible 130 years

It first belonged to the late Florence Crook who once took it to school to dazzle her classmates. It then passed down to her son Kenneth, in Morecambe, Lancs and is still in use by his widow Beth, 79, at their home

She told the Daily Express: 'It's a real talking point. There is no substitute for craftsmanship. The new eco bulbs take all week to warm up and hardly give off any light.'

The bulb was one of the earliest products of the Ediswan factory which began started production way back in 1881.

Ediswan was a collaboration between the British Physicist Sir Joseph Swan and American Thomas Edison, both of whom are independently credited with the invention of the light bulb.

Swan's break through was to use a vacuum which meant there was very little oxygen inside the bulb so the filament to glow white-hot without catching fire.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2KRiHIBT4
Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #58
mrunhappy
Banned

We touched on planned obsolescence at university as part of Life-Cycle Analysis i.e. looking at a product from conception to dis-assembly.

No doubt some products are designed to fail after a certain number of hours (mean time between failure MTBF). You are only as strong as your weakest link! So if a capacitor fails, so does the product! Having said that, capacitors tend to be very long-lived.

I think some products, especially Chinese products, are made more shoddily than in the past, and I have noticed power supplies for some products are shrinking, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

I have a Japanese made Technics amplifier and a UK made Arcam amplifier dating back to 1996. Both used daily. I have some Mission speakers (Malaysian made) that have been used almost every day for 6 hours or more per day that have last 11 years and counting. I like to knock Chinese products, but I also have a Chinese made NAD amplifier, also used daily, that has lasted 10 years, used most days..

The PC I am using to connect to this forum I built 12 years ago. Athlon Barton, Gigabyte 7VA board, Enermax PSU, and 3GB Ram and the odd upgrade.. it is left on 24/7.

Last edited by Mr Happy; 09-02-2013 at 10:48 PM.
mrunhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #59
pi3141

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunhappy View Post
We touched on planned obsolescence at university as part of Life-Cycle Analysis i.e. looking at a product from conception to dis-assembly.

No doubt some products are designed to fail after a certain number of hours (mean time between failure MTBF). You are only as strong as your weakest link!

Thanks for the reply.

I did MTBF in college too.

MTBF is not a reason to surpress invention and pervert science, in order to make a lot of money at the expense of the planet, the poorest and future generations.

If there are inventions and improvenments, deliberately kept away from the market so as to benefit and perpetuate the wasteful, polluting economic status quo, with dwindling resources and growing environmental damage, its is a crime against nature and a fraud at the consumers expense. To my knowledge, the illusory truth is that We have been offered what industry and government have deemed is the best choice by our own market demands and within the confines of scientific study. That is obviously flawed, by their own studies, wave power is more efficient than wind power, yet we are investing god knows how much in wind power.

When I grew up, everything was supposed to be built the best it could reasonably be expected with respect to price. The free market would ensure the best inventions always made it through in the end and everlasting lightbulbs and water powered cars were impossible. (except steam)

MTBF allows economic planning of individual products in a business environment, it is not an economic system that can be practised with great success although it was offered as such back in the 1950's and was supposedly rejected.

Lets not get in to market manipulation.

Quote:
EU imposes massive fine on TV, monitor producer

The EU's Commission ruled that, for a decade ending in 2006, the companies — including Philips, LG Electronics and Panasonic — artificially set prices, shared markets and restricted their output.

Link - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/10559444
Food manipulation.

Quote:
Johann Hari: How Goldman gambled on starvation

Speculators set up a casino where the chips were the stomachs of millions. What does it say about our system that we can so casually inflict so much pain?

Link - http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...n-2016088.html
More market manipulation - Oysters, Diamonds, Gold, Coffee.

We pay farmers in Europe not to grow, set up a profitable but inefficient food market as a casino and when the poorest starve, encourage charity donations which mainly go to IMF as interest on the county's debt.

Its insane. MTBF is not justification.
Old 19-04-2016, 09:23 AM   #60
pi3141

'Planned Obsolescence' is moving into society's cognitive dissonance territory now. The story is no longer 'of course they would never do that, if they could build a better one, market forces dictate they would' now it is becoming 'of course they do that, it keeps the market turning, give everyone free energy and there would be anarchy in the streets, nobody would work, go back to your minimum wage like a good slave and leave the big decisions to the grown ups'

Still at least its being mentioned in MSN, not that it does much good.

Quote:
This is the Queen Mum's fridge. It's lasted 62 years. So why will yours only last for SIX? We all suspect it. But here's proof today's gadgets really are DESIGNED to go wrong
By LORRAINE FISHER FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 01:44, 19 April 2016 | UPDATED: 07:42, 19 April 2016

Kettles and toasters seem to last barely more than two or three years while larger items such as washing machines rarely last a decade.
So what’s changed? One explanation is ‘planned obsolescence’ — a sneaky trick of designing products to break or wear out more easily (by having non-replaceable batteries, for example) to force consumers to keep buying replacements.
‘In the past, most products were designed to last as long as possible,’ says Professor Tim Cooper of the College of Art and Design at Nottingham Trent University. ‘But now some manufacturers deliberately design a product with a lifespan they know could be made to last longer.
‘It’s a deliberate thing to accelerate replacement sales. When a market is saturated — such as the washing machine market in Britain today, where 97 per cent of us have one — the only way for the industry to increase sales is to reduce the lifespan of products.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz46GKlVXTW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook