Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 22-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #41
neville fan

I get my pink salt from Trader Joe's. Anybody know if it's good or not?
neville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #42
disorder2k8
Inactive

Lol, the whole of the New Age movement is a scam, nothing new here.
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #43
indigowarrior

How is salt a new age movement?

"So much of the New Age is not spirituality as change, but spirituality as escapism. It is suppressing and diverting the awakening, not advancing it. "...David Icke.
indigowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #44
disorder2k8
Inactive

Its all about the 'cleansing' and 'detoxification' which is tried in with a lot of supposedly 'natural' cures and products for general wellbeing, like this salt. There are many different natural remedies but most of the time it will claim to do many things which it does not, or at the very least only effects a minority or works because the user only believes it does. (which is a grey area.. geddit!? lol)

A lot of the new age movement uses a lot of energy/spirit/cleansing type stuff and these products IMHO are an extension of it.

Detoxification happens by the body automatically as long as you dont bombard it with crap all the time it will recover and is very resilient.

You don't need anything special to make your body do what it does naturally, its already pretty special as it is. Just take care of it in a normal way and if you happen to like a lot of cake remember that your body will put it somewhere!

As for New Age beliefs (and by extension, mystical curios, elixirs and whatnot) being a scam, well that is up to the individual and everyone is entitled to believe what they wish but they should be wary of people trying to make money from them. Products that make claims such as this should always be scrutinised thoroughly.

Last edited by disorder2k8; 25-06-2010 at 01:04 PM.
disorder2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #45
astrochicken

Another thing i read a couple of years ago was in regards to "basmati" rice
indigenous to the Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh regions of India.

GM *basmati* rice, patented by Rice-Tec, was introduced to India in the late 90's and has led to the suicide of hundreds of thousands of farmers due to their having to pay royalties to monsanto. The effects on ones health are of course under-reported and largely ignored. I mean which company is going to print on their packaging "12 out of 15 mice died eating this".

More stuff to read
Spike Milligan - "A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree."
Robert Burns - "The fear o' hell's a hangman's whip,To haud the wretch in order"
astrochicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #46
waterbenefits

I'm glad to find this article on Barbara Hendel's book and Himalayan Salt. Thank you such Dalem!

I had my own doubts about her after reading the "Water and Salt" book, and seeing that actually she's using the information given by the (defunct now) Dr. Batmanghelidj's in the publication called Health Miracles in Water & Salt.

I made a link to this article on my own salt related page.

Please don't associate this scam with the real Health Benefits of Salt.
Salt is very important for our health and we shouldn't disregard this:

http://www.health-benefit-of-water.com/sea-salt.html
waterbenefits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #47
sicknote

This $hit made my skin worse.
Old 15-10-2011, 09:16 AM   #48
princessofwands

Well I have an unopened packet of "Himalayan Rose Pink Crystal Salt - Coarse" from Profusion Organic. I don't know whether to use it or not when my current sea salt runs out. I decided not to buy sea salt any more since the Fukushima disaster (which is probably still pouring radioactive particles into the sea).

princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #49
deetox

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofwands View Post
Well I have an unopened packet of "Himalayan Rose Pink Crystal Salt - Coarse" from Profusion Organic. I don't know whether to use it or not when my current sea salt runs out. I decided not to buy sea salt any more since the Fukushima disaster (which is probably still pouring radioactive particles into the sea).

Himalayan sea salt isn't extracted from sea water, its mined from salt caves that were formed 250 million years ago.
“Thoughts are like sunglasses; they don’t alter your view until you put them on.” - Michael Jeffreys
deetox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #50
Shiyoken
Premier Subscribers

Quote:

Thats the one I got. Profusion brought from Amazon? I recently just placed a order for the fine version but I have the rocks and coarse in my wardrobe still.

Its one of those really, I'll read the article again a couple of time to see if it resonates with me but is there any way of finding out you got a good batch of salt? Does the negative effects way out the positives?

Shit is pissing me off, why can't we have anything for our health that hasn't been tampered with. The NWO needs to go.
Shiyoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #51
al209

Sel de guerande aka Celtic sea salt. Unprocessed sea salt from France. That's what u want. The pink shit is no good.
al209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #52
domathy
Banned

I brought back 1/3 ton of pink salt in a landrover direct from a mine in morocco (in about 5 big lumps) so i know thats good stuff.

I also use this as it is the best comercially available salt from an excellent source:
http://www.realsalt.com/

Good thread - thanks for the heads-up

Last edited by domathy; 16-10-2011 at 07:45 PM.
domathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #53
domathy
Banned

Are the minerals in the pink salt trace minerals?

Lead, Arsenic, Aluminum and Mercury…
Vital Trace Elements or Toxic Poisons?
by Dr. William J. Saccoman
Did you know that an apple contains 3-5 mg of aluminum and trace amounts of lead, arsenic and mercury? Micro or trace minerals are essential for good health if they come from an organic or plant source. In contrast, if they come from an inorganic or metallic source, such as heavy metals, they are toxic. For example, iodine in an organic form is necessary for health. Non-organic or metallic iodine in the same amount can kill you.Why are people frightened of these trace minerals? The reason is well understood.
There have been numerous deaths and birth defects caused by heavy metal poisoning from metals such as lead. People have used arsenic as a poison and pesticide for centuries. The news is filled with grim reports about these substances. However, little is said about the all-critical source. Is it organic or inorganic?

Organic trace minerals are not deposited in the body like inorganic forms of these elements.
Research shows that organic plant-derived trace minerals will actually replace the heavy metals deposited in the body. The heavy metals are then flushed from the body.

There is a huge difference between an organic and an inorganic mineral.
Once a plant source utilizes minerals from the ground, they are digested, making them ionic or electrical in nature. This makes it easier for the body to assimilate and use the minerals at a cellular level. Subsequently, they are not stored or deposited somewhere else in the body. Trace minerals in their inorganic form are not easy for the body to use. They are stored in the tissues and eventually large amounts build up and become extremely toxic.

In the late 1980s an interesting experiment was conducted by Gary Price Todd, MD, author of the book Nutrition, Health and Disease. The study involved individuals with heavy metal poisoning, specifically lead, mercury, cadmium and aluminum. Patients were placed on a program of full spectrum bio-available organic, micro trace minerals.

After 16 months the study demonstrated reduced levels of toxic metals in the patients. They concluded that organic, ionic minerals naturally chelate or remove the inorganic minerals from the body. Furthermore, ionic minerals cannot be stored in the body for longer than a few hours, they are much like the water soluble vitamins; therefore they cannot build up to toxic levels in the soft tissues. (Todd, Gary P. Unpublished Observations, The Institute of Nutritional Science Journal, June 1996, 1:1).

Another study on trace minerals and detoxification was conducted by Dr. Michael Zimmerman, Chief of Staff of the Specialized Clinic for Chronic Illnesses and Therapy Resistant Patients and Biophysicist, Dr. Fritz Albert Popp in Uberlingen, Germany. They concluded that trace minerals were not toxic, but rather assisted the cells' vital functions and enhanced detoxification as well as accelerated the healing process of chronic illness. (Popp, Fritz Albert. Bio-electronic Response of Cellular Stimulation).

Like lead, mercury and other metals, arsenic is toxic when it comes from an inorganic source. However, from an organic source it is an essential micro-mineral needed by the body in minute quantities (The Nutrition Bible, Joan Anderson and Barbara Deskins, 1995). In a recent study where organic arsenic was given to 12 patients with leukemia, 11 went into remission. The treatment apparently stops cancer cells from reproducing and then they self-destruct (New England Journal of Medicine, November 1998).

Last edited by domathy; 16-10-2011 at 07:51 PM.
domathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #54
alexc

It's salt. If it's not white, it's contaminated. You'd get a healthier dose of "trace minerals" from some blueberries or sardines.
alexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 01:59 AM   #55
gnosis_dub

To OP, I think you found a fear mongering article

Here is some more good info on Himalayan Salt:
http://products.mercola.com/himalayan-salt/

I wouldn't pay more than 7.00/lb. for it. Buy it from a reputable source like Whole Foods.
gnosis_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #56
thirty3

So if you were to drink a celtic sea salt drink what kind of amount are we talking.

1 teaspoon in a gallon ?? or more or less.
thirty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #57
harvy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by relax View Post
I bought a shitload of it a while back, kind of been using it as a salt lick, works great for me, tingling chakras, this info doesnt resonate with me.
same here, dancing chakras, how it works is first for the detoxification of mind and body through herbs, fruits and veggies, then use it moderately, as in, take a week off
harvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #58
harvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoquerak View Post
the fluoride in the salt is natural, not artificially produced and there is far more calcium in the salt, so it is not dangerous nor bad for you.

It's important as always not to use too much salt though!
+1
Old 27-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #59
harvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigowarrior View Post
OP your original article you posted had a lot of responses; for example;

from
http://naturalhealthnews.blogspot.co...alth-scam.html

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? That article is so POORLY referenced as to be considered a FRAUD or even a "hit piece" by the medical establishment, if I didn't know better. I think it's really just plain ignorance, actually.

Where does the article make reference to the different kinds of fluoride? It DOESN'T. So, it's very poorly referenced.

Where does it discriminate between the many fake "Himalayan Salts" from the original HCS which was the only one tested to have over 84 ionic minerals and trace elements versus the one with 25 minerals that is referenced?

That is clearly CRAP SALT they analyzed. It doesn't get clearer than that.

And, it's good to discriminate to make sure one isn't eating crap salt, as the article is correct in observing there are a lot of salts claiming to be Himalayan that are inferior. But, to say that ALL are inferior, is simply incorrect. The one that started it all and that was researched by Peter Ferreira is safe and healthy and has no add *sodium* fluoride, which is harmful. Only naturally occurring *calcium* fluoride which, if you read Wikipedia, is "considered relatively harmless due to its extreme insolubility."

To lump the original Himalayan Crystal Salt (which everyone is trying to claim is "theirs") into the same category as other "Himalayan Salt" (aka CRAP rock salt), is like comparing a Ferrari to a Volkswagen. There's no comparison.

This article is so POORLY referenced, with a lot of inaccurate information. Referring to it as a legitimate piece of research, to me, really draws into question the intelligence of those referring to it as a balanced, accurate and well-reasoned piece of research. It's not. It is ignorant at best, slanderous at worst. This is how legitimately GOOD health products get banned or controlled by the FDA. Unless you like throwing your health choices out the window, I suggest you DISCRIMINATE a little better and stop jumping on bandwagons as they pass you by.

I'm very health-conscious and I don't use fluoride toothpaste, but I will definitely continue to use my *Original* Himalayan Crystal Salt from the one company that started it all and whose product has yet to be matched by anyone, including "Celtic" sea salt: www.himalayancrystalsalt.com

It would appear that whoever said this, "and I love how the other comments are all from folks worried about their massive profit margins disappearing " would love to think I'm somehow profiting off HCS for posting this information, but I'm just a very satisfied user of their products and I've done my homework. You have not. Learn the difference in the fluorides. Learn the difference between the types of so-called "Himalayan Salt", and discriminate to separate the fact from the fiction, which that article clearly represents.

I can excuse ignorance, but not stupidity, which is what it becomes when one is exposed to the facts, yet then chooses to ignore them. "
nailed it +1 peace
Old 27-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #60
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalem View Post
I don't mind anyone who doubts my post or has other concerns about it but, show me a packet of Himilayan Salt that clearly shows the ingredients. !!! It is required by EU law to show the ingredients.

EU laws states that:
It appears that the new regulation will not be applied till at least 2014, may be that's why it isn't quite there yet. Thanks for bring it up as I didn't know about the labelling regulation.

Quote:

Sea salt is NO NO for me too since the radiation continues to be damped into the sea in Japan everyday. I also won't buy Celtic & Cornish sea salt because of radioactive stuff from Sellarfield. French is neck and neck too Hawaiian black sea salt is also iffy since radiation plume went over to Hawaii and to the west coast of Canada & USA.

So this leaves me with mined Himalayan sea salt which isn't supposed to be exposed to the environmental pollution providing that you obtain the salt analysis report. Salt is very important to us in the right amount to maintain the electolytes balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaias child View Post
This is what David Favor says, his step by step guide is really worth a read if serious about health and immune system. I have no idea whether it is true but worth considering

http://radicalhealth.com/raw-food-di...t-sources.html

Quote:
Himalayan Salt is another quiet offender. We source our own Himalayan Salt now because most Himalayan Salt is ground with low grade, soft Nickel grinders. This outcome of this is most Himalayan Salt is full of atomized Nickel dust, which is far more toxic than Mercury
David Favor sells a nickel free sunfire salt which has himalyan salt in it

http://www.lovingsuperfoods.com/rawf...nfiresalt.html

I use fleur de sel on the recommedation of Dr David Jubb, he had some info on himalayan salt too but his website has been down the last few days.
David Favor may be selling nickel free salt but Hawaiian material and most polluted Chinese sea salt. I wouldn't touch it though it sounds good --> "original Ming Dynasty Saltworks".

Interesting you mention about the Nickel dust from the grinder I've been buying Profusion salt. Recently I've done a heavy metal test on myself and got a nickel poisoning result. OK, I can't say for sure that it is from the salt though. It is worth knowing about the grinder because even though the salt analysis might be ok, what's done afterwards is also important.

I wonder if it's better to buy chunks and crash it myself.

Last edited by elshaper; 27-01-2012 at 08:58 PM.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote